IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

Of course they announce the engagement the day after his 18th birthday. We all knew it was coming. He is a child for fucks sake. 

• Upvote 21
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 11

They have been courting for way more than two months. Mama Hilary posted his 17th birthday pic so they have been together since he was 16. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course they announce the engagement the day after his 18th birthday. We all knew it was coming. He is a child for fucks sake. 

Insanity and of course the article mentions how the Spivey's have known the duggars for over 20 years - um longer than the groom has been alive

just ugh

• Upvote 10

Ah well- lost my hypothetical bet- of course they can’t wait until Thanksgiving if there’s a magazine deal to be done. 
I’m looking forward to watching Hilary Spivey- she seems in control for now and while I agree she’s thirsty for that Duggar badge I think she very much has plans as to how this pans out. Now I’ve binge watched the new series of the Crown, this will have to do! 

• Upvote 9

Well I guessed Thursday so I was close. 

They talk so weird "before Justin or I" how about before either of us. Another teen wedding coming right up!

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, nst said:

Insanity and of course the article mentions how the Spivey's have known the duggars for over 20 years - um longer than the groom has been alive

just ugh

It reminds me of Pride and Prejudice when Lady Catherine talks about Darcy and Lady Anne. 
“The engagement between them is of a peculiar kind. From their infancy, they have been intended for each other. It was the favourite wish of his mother, as well as of hers. While in their cradles, we planned the union.”

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

Any bet on the wedding date? If they stay on the usual three months track we could see a wedding in late January/early February. I'm curious to see how an 18 yo groom will get treated by media and fans. My only hope for them at the moment is that they go to live next to the Spivey's since Justin is at least able to have some attention on him away from the family, I don't know what they will do with the show but probably some phone records, plus video chat as when they announced the courtship and then some special visit here and there (how do the show manage with Alyssa Bates living far away from family? I don'watch BUB) 

• Upvote 6

I really hate to think the wedding will be in January or February since it will be way too cold to have an outdoor reception. I hope they wait until spring.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It reminds me of Pride and Prejudice when Lady Catherine talks about Darcy and Lady Anne. 
“The engagement between them is of a peculiar kind. From their infancy, they have been intended for each other. It was the favourite wish of his mother, as well as of hers. While in their cradles, we planned the union.”

almost as funny as the joke that michelle was in the room when Ben was born.

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hate to think the wedding will be in January or February since it will be way too cold to have an outdoor reception. I hope they wait until spring.

clearly that won't happen due to justin's needs.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

This really makes me think he is just desperate to get out from under his parents' roof. Hopefully he and Claire are a good match blah blah but if he had options instead- he could be planning which college to attend or which city to move to and find a job, to get a roommate, etc. But no. Marriage is the only option. Hopefully he can make a decent living with the Spivey's construction business if they stay in Texas (which I think is likely). It's hard to not think that Michelle and Jim Bob were worried that he might stray for whatever reason and were thrilled when he expressed an interest in a suitable girl. Oh he's only 16? Oh well, they'll just "get to know each other" until he's 18...

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't know what they will do with the show but probably some phone records, plus video chat as when they announced the courtship and then some special visit here and there (how do the show manage with Alyssa Bates living far away from family? I don'watch BUB) 

I imagine it will be no different than the Vuolos living in California, although I think Jinger is probably more popular with fans, since most don't remember there's a Justin. But they'll just send a camera crew to Texas (at least in non-COVID times) to film baby announcements/sex reveals/births/etc. BUB does the same with the Websters, although they're not on very often.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Has Hilary deleted the latest photos? 

Looks like it. Someone clearly follows this board, unless the creepiness of the last photo is being discussed elsewhere. 

34 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Sigh. In a non-Covid time he should be asking her to Homecoming right about now. 

Even without Covid that would never happen. 

I don't know what it says about me (or them) that I am not shocked by this at all. 

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, viii said:

Looks like it. Someone clearly follows this board, unless the creepiness of the last photo is being discussed elsewhere. 

Even without Covid that would never happen. 

I don't know what it says about me (or them) that I am not shocked by this at all. 

Oh I know that. I just wish that was what they were doing instead of what they are....

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

oh I think Hilary had high Duggar-shaped hopes for Claire. she might've been planning for this for a while.

I think they'll be married as soon as you can feasibly have an outdoor wedding in Texas.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I just can’t fathom how a parent can want their daughter to be engaged to a boy on his 18th birthday. It doesn’t matter how nice he is or how long your families have known each other- he’s a boy, he has a limited education and for most of his life has been used to being given stuff because he’s on TV and running on ‘Duggar Time’. By all means encourage them to date and get to know each other, but marriage??

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 18
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Where in TX do the Spivey's live? If they are in S. TX you could easily have an outdoor parking lot  melted ice cream reception.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

Claire posted that they’ve been courting for 14 months, so the segment for CO was totally staged (no surprise there)... but Jeez Justin was 16 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic