IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I also felt that the crew members cared about the kids & the safety. Like when the Josh Ashley Madison scandal broke they seemed concerned about Anna’s welfare. 

I'm not sure if my memory is correct, but I think that when one of the small boys got lost in the airport, it was someone on the camera crew who heard the announcement over the intercom that a small child was lost, I think found in the men's room?  When they went to collect the boy, he was handed to Michelle and promptly screamed and held out his hands to his sister mom.  Michelle and JB thought it was funny.

There was another time when the Duggars were visiting the Bates and a toddler was standing on the top of the steps while the door was swinging back and forth, so a crew member retrieved her before she could be hit by the door.

• Upvote 10

41 minutes ago, Flossie said:

There was another time when the Duggars were visiting the Bates and a toddler was standing on the top of the steps while the door was swinging back and forth, so a crew member retrieved her before she could be hit by the door.

Didn’t know about the door thing. But I do remember the airport thing. It’s the airport my family & I use when we go on trips. That airport is very confusing and even an adult could get lost. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

One positive outcome for the Duggar grandchildren is that the children “adopted” by other families might see the perks of not having so many kids. Kendra’s family regularly goes on vacation, Lauren’s family was able to send the daughters to college, Abbie is educated, we already know how Dwreck and Jill have flown the coop, Jeremy loved “organized sports” travel teams, Austin’s family could go camping and adventuring, etc. So although Justin and Claire are young, Justin has been accepted into a smaller family with the perks of the parents having more love to go around. 

I agree with this, but I think only time will tell. While there have been 2 Duggar daughters who have made some steps away from some of Gothard’s tenets, particularly in the area of reproduction, so far we have not seen any of that behavior in a Duggar male. I’ve always thought the use of BC was key as a first step of moving away from the fringe beliefs. Having a baby a year for decades really puts constraints on a family. Corners have to be cut, and basic needs have to be limited as there just is not the time needed to properly care for and nourish everyone and everything. 
It really is sad and a true sign of brain washing, IMO. I know the RC church is anti contraceptives, unless there is a medical need, but still, if reports are accurate, > 90% of RCs use BC. Some would call it faith, others logic. 

Jill and Derick looked so happy when they talked about using BC. I hope all the couples are making their own decisions when it comes to family size. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

I'm not sure if my memory is correct, but I think that when one of the small boys got lost in the airport, it was someone on the camera crew who heard the announcement over the intercom that a small child was lost, I think found in the men's room?  When they went to collect the boy, he was handed to Michelle and promptly screamed and held out his hands to his sister mom.  Michelle and JB thought it was funny.

That was Jackson and he cried for Jana, when Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing she cried for Jessa. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

14 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

That was Jackson and he cried for Jana, when Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing she cried for Jessa. 

Jim Bob didn’t look at all bothered when Jordyn got stuck in the railings. He was awful. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jim Bob didn’t look at all bothered when Jordyn got stuck in the railings. He was awful. 

That is definitely why Jordyn preferred Jessa over JB and Michelle, after Josie came along she was ignored, I get Josie was premature and it was a tough time for them but they should have done  more for the other 17 children still at home and worked out schedule for who spent time with her at the hospital and who stayed at home, I follow the Radford's and when their daughter Tillie was in hospital getting a leg frame fitted they took turns every day so that one of them was in the hospital with her and the other at home with the rest of the children. I can understand both of them wanting to be with Josie all the time especially the early day's when they were not sure if she would survive but the oldest 4 daughter's were left with looking after the children in a different house, JD, Joe and Josiah were left to run things at TTH and that is a lot of pressure on them, when they were also concerned for Josie as well. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Someone's posted the video of Jackson getting lost at the airport on reddit. At no point does he scream about being held by Michelle. Even saying he was found in the men's room makes it sound shadier than it was imo. Jana is comforting him, which doesn't look especially great, but I don't think we need to invent things to make the Duggars look worse than they are, they're bad enough already, and it makes us look unreliable at best and hysterical at worst. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

That is definitely why Jordyn preferred Jessa over JB and Michelle, after Josie came along she was ignored, I get Josie was premature and it was a tough time for them but they should have done  more for the other 17 children still at home and worked out schedule for who spent time with her at the hospital and who stayed at home, I follow the Radford's and when their daughter Tillie was in hospital getting a leg frame fitted they took turns every day so that one of them was in the hospital with her and the other at home with the rest of the children. I can understand both of them wanting to be with Josie all the time especially the early day's when they were not sure if she would survive but the oldest 4 daughter's were left with looking after the children in a different house, JD, Joe and Josiah were left to run things at TTH and that is a lot of pressure on them, when they were also concerned for Josie as well. 

The Radfords are far better parents. The family laughs and has fun together. The kids attend school. Just a normal if large family. Noel and Sue like their kids!  Meeechelle checked out long ago. J-B uses his kids as cash cows. 
They managed Tillie’s situation really well, especially as they had a distance to travel to the hospital too. Thankfully Tilly has made a good recovery. 
Sarah and Solo ( our tribe of many), have 10 kids. All home schooled. Solo is a Pastor who also has a day job.  They seem to enjoy their kids. The kids are happy and well fed. 
Jill and David could learn a lot from them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Someone's posted the video of Jackson getting lost at the airport on reddit. At no point does he scream about being held by Michelle. Even saying he was found in the men's room makes it sound shadier than it was imo. Jana is comforting him, which doesn't look especially great, but I don't think we need to invent things to make the Duggars look worse than they are, they're bad enough already, and it makes us look unreliable at best and hysterical at worst. 

I'm pretty sure that's the revised edition.  The one they first showed was someone handing the boy to Michelle and he immediately turned to and reached for one of the older girls.  I saw it.  In the clip you referenced, there's no footage of Jackson being reunited with his family, you just see him crying and sitting on his sister's lap.

There are a few episodes that were originally aired in one way, and after getting unfavorable remarks, TLC had edited them to take out the parts that people objected to.  Like the time that JB and Michelle gathered the whole family together to announce Michelle was pregnant again.  One of the boys ran off and one of the older girls called out to him to come back.  JB goes after him.  Next thing you see is the boy standing next to Grandma rubbing his arm, still upset but quiet and grandma has her arm around him.  Everyone else cheers to the news.  

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I remember Jordyn crying at the dentist as a toddler as well and it was Jana who comforted her. 
I also remember how happy and relieved little Jenni looked when Jill came back to visit. Jenni and Jordyn break my heart. They were so young when their sister moms moved out. I feel for Jill and Jessa too. I hate leaving my daughter at daycare; I can’t even imagine the anguish of leaving a sister I had raised. And yet they need to be free to start their own lives. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

Hilary posted about an engagement party, I think at their home in Texas. Maybe the day they got engaged?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9dOOfj1QW/?igshid=c14hel6tb471

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9c11CDjr9/?igshid=xlqiq0k048qo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9cJetDDGZ/?igshid=qga90vek0agw

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

I will say I like the fall themed Christmas tree in one of the photos, I’ve never seen anything like that. And I’m glad her family didn’t feel the need to put on skirts. And they are cute kids. But man, he has such a baby face ! 

• Upvote 6

It looks like John David & Abbie went too - maybe he flew the others to Texas ( he’s a pilot apparently) . Still, multiple household get togethers - what pandemic?? 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

It should be a promposal instead,  not the real deal. Yikes they are young. What pandemic indeed.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

It should be a promposal instead,  not the real deal. Yikes they are young. What pandemic indeed.

What pandemic PLEASE ??? Lol

seriously I am alone in the office and I wear a mask

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Why if you are alone?

because you never know who might drop by

I want to be prepared. And yes i Have one of those plastic things at my desk.

We are thisclose to be being in lockdown 

• Upvote 2

Has Justin finished high school yet?  I don't recall a post anywhere about it (last were James and Jason, I think?).

Also, do they actually get some sort of "official" homeschool diploma issued by the local school district or is it more a GED?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Befuddled said:

Has Justin finished high school yet?  I don't recall a post anywhere about it (last were James and Jason, I think?).

Also, do they actually get some sort of "official" homeschool diploma issued by the local school district or is it more a GED?

They get a diploma from ‘Duggar Academy’, no joke.  The older kids do have GEDs, but who knows about the younger ones. 

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Why if you are alone?

I often wear my mask at the office when alone, because sometimes I have a sneezing fit without warning or I need to cough.  My boss comes in to the office after I leave, so I try to minimize any spread of germs.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I haven't been back to work yet, but I'm expecting that I'll be required to wear a mask the entire time I'm on company property, unless I'm eating or drinking anything.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic