IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

If this happened in one of my kids' schools, we'd all assume she was knocked up.  Man - the repercussions if she was... 

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

He’s not even a legal adult yet! Any bets he’ll propose on his 18th birthday? I know some people have good marriages to their high school sweetheart but I really hope they have a longer pre-engagement and engagement than normal. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Honestly, I'm quite disturbed by this. I think that if this was a Duggar daughter they would have waited for an 18th birthday - at least - because marrying off your underage daughter is met with intense criticism (as it should be). I don't think they will get the same level of outrage but I find this just as disturbing and inappropriate, especially if J was 16 when they started courting. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

Just now, Giraffe said:

He’s not even a legal adult yet! Any bets he’ll propose on his 18th birthday? I know some people have good marriages to their high school sweetheart but I really hope they have a longer pre-engagement and engagement than normal. 

I think those people are usually allowed to go to dinner alone.. or a movie. Or be in a car. Or have a conversation that isn't being monitored...

My aunt was 19 when she got married and she and my uncle were happily married until he died - but I'm pretty sure they were allowed to actually DATE. and KISS. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

I wonder if he was caught during some, ahem, ‘solo time’...if they were already special friends at that point, it would explain the rush to the altar.  The only ‘cure’ is marriage!

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Interesting! He said he they starting "talking" last year, which probably means that he was 16, since his birthday is in November, it could very well have been before that.

I have to say they look good together and happy and because they are so young I think there will be two other Duggar weddings (maybe Jeremiah and Jason) before this one takes place but who knows...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Justin will be 18 in November (born Nov 15'th 2002), but do we know more exactly how old Claire is? If she just turned 19, there could be something like 15-18 months between them. If she's almost 20, it's closer to 2 years. Still a smaller difference than Ben and Jessa. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Great a new thread! I'll just wait for the recap tomorrow night if ya'll don't mind. The ratings will already be high because the leg humpers and general public will be curious about a 17 year old (barely known) Duggar, preparing for marriage. I don't intend to help out with that. Dang, I miss the comments section in the media. I love to hear different opinions.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

This kid should just be starting his senior year of high school. He wouldn’t have even had a chance to take his girlfriend to the prom yet. And instead he’s about to get engaged to someone he’s never even spent time alone with. At seven effing teen. What a fucked up world they live in. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, viii said:

This is just so sad to me. 

This was my first thought. It feels like instead of learning from their oldest they’ve doubled down. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

My nephew was born in 2002 and he just started his first year of college. He has a girlfriend born in 2001 like Claire. They seem to enjoy spending time together but none of us expect them to marry. We just know how a lot of these relationships work. Plus my nephew would never get married this young. He can barely remember to pick up after himself. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

I think it's very weird they didn't wait to announce until he was 18, especially since that's less than a month from now. Pre-courting at 16 is just ridiculous, even for the Duggars. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

This was my first thought. It feels like instead of learning from their oldest they’ve doubled down. 

This is why I think there is a specific reason for the rush.  They need to keep him from 'sinning'...in this case, 'sinning' is likely normal teenage boy thoughts and actions...  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Wasn’t Ben 17 when he first started talking to Jessa? Not condoning any of it, but this is nothing new for the Duggars. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

The only thing on a 17 year old boys brain is SEX.  Seventeen year old Boys are too emotional immature to get married, work full time & raise a family. Plain & simple.
I am done.....next!!!!

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Wasn’t Ben 17 when he first started talking to Jessa? Not condoning any of it, but this is nothing new for the Duggars. 

Yep, they didn’t officially court until he was 18 and they did have a year long courtship. I don’t see that happening in this case for some reason. 

We all know it’s nothing new. Michelle and JB themselves were 17 and 18 when they got married. It’s just sad that not much has changed in all these years, it’s always the same story. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Since Claire is the oldest, I was thinking that Justin might have a baby sibling-in-law like Josiah, but her mom is 42 and she hasn’t had a baby in four years, so it would be a surprise.

Now that the middle boys are aged 16-21, maybe we should stop calling them the Howlers. Any suggestions?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, pupper said:

Maybe he'll go work for her father and the couple will live in Fort Worth. Another kid gets away from the compound?

My thought, too, when I saw that her dad owns a construction company.  I'll bet Justin has already been doing some work for him while courting Claire in TX.   As others have said, I wonder how much of the speed at least of this has been driven by the parents... like maybe Claire's parents noticed the budding attraction and jumped on it (inviting Justin to come visit, etc) since Claire is older (not ridiculously older, but at least old enough in their world to be of marriageable age) and either a) they wanted to make sure to get her married off asap or b) to specifically bag a Duggar.  

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic