IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

It’s less about them being teenagers and more them having zero life experience. Have they lived away from home? Held down a real job? Made a major purchase on their own? Signed a contract for anything? Dealt with any real adversity without their parents swooping in to save them?

My mom got married at just turned 20, but had been raised by a single mom, held down a job, gone to college, dated guys who were wrong for her and had ended relationships, etc. I went to school with someone who started dating her now-husband when she was 14. But, before they got married (ten years later), she’d finished high school, held a job, moved out and went to college, got her degree, and started a career. 

I feel like most of these kids wouldn’t be ready for marriage when they’re 30, let alone 18. Look at the bang up job their parents have done. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I went to school with someone who started dating her now-husband when she was 14. But, before they got married (ten years later), she’d finished high school, held a job, moved out and went to college, got her degree, and started a career. 

I know someone who did the same thing. Her husband is 2 years older then her. For a few years they had a long distance relationship because he went to college in Arizona (we live in New Jersey) & she wasn’t comfortable flying out their. 

21 hours ago, Marionette said:

This video is so random and almost feels like an engagement announcement, though obviously I hope not. 

He mentioned "enthusiasm". Yes Claire's mom is VERY enthusiastic. Who are all the other crazies he's referring to? I assure you, enthusiasm was not what I felt when I found out about this courtship. Just because you have a house ready doesn't mean you are ready for marriage. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

He mentioned "enthusiasm". Yes Claire's mom is VERY enthusiastic. Who are all the other crazies he's referring to? I assure you, enthusiasm was not what I felt when I found out about this courtship. Just because you have a house ready doesn't mean you are ready for marriage. 

Oh I'm certain they receive plenty of messages of ''encouragement'' from leghumpers. On here, most of us are critical of the Fundie lifestyle, but there are tons of ''fans'' who either are Christians themselves or don't see the potential arm of fundamentalism. Not saying all of them are stalker fans, but I have no doubt that some have no sense of boundaries. Just look at Alyssa who receives free dresses from a fan she doesn't know. A lady who is willing to spend money on 3 little girls she saw on TV and on social media.

I have NO DOUBT that tons of people are sending Justin and Claire private message of ''enthousiasm'' or even would be willing to send them free stuff for their engagement/wedding.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Like everyone, I wish they'd let them off the leash for a while to make wiser decisions. Heck even most of the Amish get to choose stay or go [and usually be shunned]. It seems the Duggar kids don't even get that choice. I think on his birthday they will announce that they got married and birthday 2021 they will already be parents. I think he will do alright. He cannot remember a time when outsiders weren't around filming them. He's been around the world and done things Josh never got near as a kid. Neither of these two expect to go to college or to live far from family. Like the older siblings who are married [not Josh] they will decide in time what to keep and what to throw out of the beliefs with which they were raised. He does look like he's about 9 years old though.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

Just a quick note, the Amish don’t shun you for trying to leave if you do it before you commit. The idea behind rumspringa is so they can make an informed choice. If a kid does rumpsringa and then decides to join the English, before baptism, they’re not shunned. If they leave AFTER baptism, then, yes, they can (And usually will) be shunned. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, FinallyStoppedLurking said:

When’s his 18th birthday? My guess is if they don’t get engaged around his birthday or thanksgiving they will sometime around Christmas. I’d be surprised if they waited until next year to get engaged. 

Mid November, I think.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If so, the poor dear will just miss the chance to vote...

He will.  Justin's birthday is November 15.

It's funny that nobody even knew who he really was until all of this.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

He will.  Justin's birthday is November 15.

It's funny that nobody even knew who he really was until all of this.  

Yeah! He was always the one I forgot.

Edited by Iamtheway
  • I Agree 2

On 10/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, Vivi_music said:

Just look at Alyssa who receives free dresses from a fan she doesn't know. A lady who is willing to spend money on 3 little girls she saw on TV and on social media

And not cheap Walmart or Target stuff either. That shit comes from expensive boutiques that I wouldn't even shop at for myself or my nieces. Plus she bought her an expensive baby swing for Maci and you know she'll be buying baby outfits as well. I wish I had that much money to just throw away for strangers...

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Wait, there’s a Justin???!1!!

but the question is, is he a pilot?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

3 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

And not cheap Walmart or Target stuff either. That shit comes from expensive boutiques that I wouldn't even shop at for myself or my nieces. Plus she bought her an expensive baby swing for Maci and you know she'll be buying baby outfits as well. I wish I had that much money to just throw away for strangers...

This fan obviously has money.. so just imagine how much more wisely she could use all that money. She could make a real impact and help a family that really needs it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, ophelia said:

This fan obviously has money.. so just imagine how much more wisely she could use all that money. She could make a real impact and help a family that really needs it.

Yeah a family who can’t afford snow shoes or sports shoes or warm pjs or warm clothes. Or treat a kid who can’t afford a really trendy outfit to one...

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

I always forget there is a James. There is a James right?

Is he the pilot? Lol
Most prob fad into the background now there is no Caldwell possibilities. I always knew him cause he was Amy’s clone but he is getting more blend in as he ages. I have to say I got real I’m taking you out cause you got your heart broken vibes from Jana’s lunch with my “best friend” “co worker” brother post. Wrong thread but ah well lol. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

but the question is, is he a pilot?

Who knows. You know they never share those kinds of pertinent details with us. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

My forgotten Duggar is Jason. Don’t even know which number he is. Does anyone ever talk about him? Is he a pilot? Is he courting? He is over 15 because all the male Duggars aside from Tyler are older than Hannie, right? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My forgotten Duggar is Jason. Don’t even know which number he is. Does anyone ever talk about him? Is he a pilot? Is he courting? He is over 15 because all the male Duggars aside from Tyler are older than Hannie, right? 

Jason flips houses I think. he's between the twins and James.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Jason is 20 and he has an Instagram jaseduggar, and like @wendy-sparkles said he’s right after the boy twins in the birth order.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I like how 'is he a pilot?' is the most important question.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

There’s a Jason? ?  That’s kinda surprising, I can’t remember when we last mentioned him. 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

There’s a Jason? ?  That’s kinda surprising, I can’t remember when we last mentioned him. 

I'm always amazed it took them all the way to number whatever to pick Jennifer as a J name... 

• Upvote 11

How in the world do these weird fan accounts on Instagram find some of these pictures? Do they just fall out of their asses or something? This picture is floating around on about a dozen IG fan accounts but it's literally nowhere to be found on anything official. I'm so confused... ?

122013214_1056230888132721_2968507715878296873_n.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

How in the world do these weird fan accounts on Instagram find some of these pictures? Do they just fall out of their asses or something? This picture is floating around on about a dozen IG fan accounts but it's literally nowhere to be found on anything official. I'm so confused... ?

122013214_1056230888132721_2968507715878296873_n.jpg

It’s got to be from some photographers site. Seems they’re always getting professional pictures taken. I wonder who’s next to Josiah (right side of picture) holding the baby.

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic