IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

I think they're already engaged, but will announce in late November and get married in February (13). Baby By December or early next year

( Justin could be a dad at barely 19 or even before he turns 19 depending on when they get married)

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

30 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Justin is a legal adult today. Just wondering how he and Claire will go from here. 

Well let’s see- travel the world to broaden their minds and maybe do some voluntary work away from the cameras enrol in a college, seek training with a certified trades person? Or get a real estate licence and sit back and let TLC pay for everything and make gushing videos? It’s a close call ?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 27

JB is a multi millionaire, but is it enough to support the ENTIRE family? So far the married couples have comfortable homes, but Jessa and Jeremiah are quickly out growing their houses. Just wondering if these are starter homes and everyone is responsible for adding on or buying their own new home later. I guess getting a real estate license is better than nothing. At least it's in writing and not something they watched JB do their whole lives and decided it was a profession and not a hobby. Justin and Claire were probably ready to get married during the summer but being only 17 was an issue...maybe?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I don't think JB actually helps them with housing that much, With the exception of Grandma Mary's rental house, we've  seen a lot of him offering his kids homes only until he sells them eg Jill, Josiah. Presumably he might offer them another for sale house when that happens, but that's not how I'd like to start a family. And we saw, it didn't work out for Josiah because the house wasn't ready in time so they rent? a different one. JD and Abby are in a trailer (which is obviously fine, but not what i'd think 'multimillionaire supports his kid' looks like), Josiah in a non Jim Bob house. Even Josh has to live in a warehouse instead of a real house. Only Joseph and Jessa have gotten decent houses out of Jim Bob, and Joseph had to do a bunch of the work on the house, it wasn't just a freebie, and I bet Jessa and Ben only got the deed to the house in exchange for her doing all the heavy lifting on Counting On. Where he does seem to actually support them is employment eg Ben, probably Josh, his younger boys until they start their own businesses.

I think it's likely Ben and Jessa close in their carport for another room, and only buy another home after another couple of kids when they are bursting at the seams. Joseph owns some land where I think he's trying to build a house. I think Josh is probably living in the warehouse because they're trying to save money to buy or build a house. They're all hamstrung by not being able to get a mortgage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I don't think JB actually helps them with housing that much, With the exception of Grandma Mary's rental house, we've  seen a lot of him offering his kids homes only until he sells them eg Jill, Josiah. Presumably he might offer them another for sale house when that happens, but that's not how I'd like to start a family. And we saw, it didn't work out for Josiah because the house wasn't ready in time so they rent? a different one. JD and Abby are in a trailer (which is obviously fine, but not what i'd think 'multimillionaire supports his kid' looks like), Josiah in a non Jim Bob house. Even Josh has to live in a warehouse instead of a real house. Only Joseph and Jessa have gotten decent houses out of Jim Bob, and Joseph had to do a bunch of the work on the house, it wasn't just a freebie, and I bet Jessa and Ben only got the deed to the house in exchange for her doing all the heavy lifting on Counting On. Where he does seem to actually support them is employment eg Ben, probably Josh, his younger boys until they start their own businesses.

I think it's likely Ben and Jessa close in their carport for another room, and only buy another home after another couple of kids when they are bursting at the seams. Joseph owns some land where I think he's trying to build a house. I think Josh is probably living in the warehouse because they're trying to save money to buy or build a house. They're all hamstrung by not being able to get a mortgage. 

Joy and Austin bought their current home from JB. It's decent and they go it from him. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I think Josh is probably living in the warehouse because they're trying to save money to buy or build a house. They're all hamstrung by not being able to get a mortgage. 

Is Josh actually working? Does he own that car lot? It's hard to get a mortgage without a steady income.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Joy and Austin bought their current home from JB. It's decent and they go it from him. 

Didn’t they have to do a ton of renovations?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Didn’t they have to do a ton of renovations?

Not this house. They've been flipping other houses. They flipped the first house they lived when Gideon was born. That house they renovated although they didn't change the size and it was very small. 

• Upvote 2

I'm wondering if the engagement will be announced over Thanksgiving with the wedding sometime in February or March.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

So, Hilary just posted a HB message to Justin on FB and I’m kinda weirded out and slightly uncomfortable with the last picture she posted.  I’m cringing just writing this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHoe448DpVl/?igshid=1xcq4bjnrnthk

Nothing from duggarfam, but Ma Spivey saves the day! 

• Upvote 1

here's a screenshot since Instagram wont embed (lol has hilary been flagged as disinformation). 

20201116_203654.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

here's a screenshot since Instagram wont embed (lol has hilary been flagged as disinformation). 

20201116_203654.jpg

That picture is SO WEIRD.

The two of them look like teenage children... which they are. The idea of them getting married and pregnant within the next year is so disturbing to me.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

20201116_203654.jpg

I'm getting an Arndt vibe, with a bit of JRod thrown in...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

i believe this is the most close and warm relationship he has ever had with an adult female figure in his life. Poor Justin he was raised by sister mom and Michelle was already check out by the time he was a young boy needing an embrace or just a motherly figure

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

i believe this is the most close and warm relationship he has ever had with an adult female figure in his life. Poor Justin he was raised by sister mom and Michelle was already check out by the time he was a young boy needing an embrace or just a motherly figure

I agree!! This is probably the first person to give him a real hug not that side hug bullshit... 

• Upvote 14

I see what you mean by Justin maybe never having a close relationship with Michelle but that picture of Hilary & him gives me ‘I’ve got you in headlock, my daughter WILL  get a TLC special ‘! 
of course there’s pictures of him in what looks like a supermarket not wearing a mask?.

Engaged already, announcing at Thanksgiving is my bet if anyone is running a book. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I see what you mean by Justin maybe never having a close relationship with Michelle but that picture of Hilary & him gives me ‘I’ve got you in headlock, my daughter WILL  get a TLC special ‘! 
of course there’s pictures of him in what looks like a supermarket not wearing a mask?.

Engaged already, announcing at Thanksgiving is my bet if anyone is running a book. 

Not that I would be surprised by them not wearing masks in the store, but I get the impression that he's been living with them for quite a while, so it's possible those photos were taken pre-COVID or at least before mask wearing became the norm. It's not unusual for a birthday slideshow like that to have pictures that aren't current.

• Upvote 3

I don’t know Justin at all, but I can see he looks happy in all the pictures Hilary has posted of him. He must feel loved to have all that attention focused on just him. I certainly don’t begrudge him the opportunity to feel special and loved.

I worry for him. Has he finished high school, got a GED, had any sort of apprenticeship? What do the Spivys do? Could he be apprenticing with them? Most of her pictures are focused on the ATI Family Camps. They seem to be able to get away quite often. 

If/When Justin and Claire do marry, it will be interesting to see which siblings are chosen for attendants. Justin is somewhere between James and Jackson, although the older boys seem to avoid spending time with Jackson who has been teamed up with cousin Tyler. 

They are so young. Has Claire been to college or taken any courses or shown any interest in a potential career? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

The Spiveys have a construction company and I think it seems likely that Justin has been staying with them for extended periods and maybe working for them. It would be interesting if he was the first Duggar son to set up where his wife's family are from, instead of in Arkansas.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic