IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, ariel9 said:

I predict a wedding by May. 

Man if V-Day wasn't on a Sunday I would guess Feb 14th for the wedding date. 

I don't know enough about Hilary/Claire to know if they would want a bit nicer of a wedding or if they want a thrown together wedding with a pieced together wedding dress by Renee. I can see a Feb wedding but I can also see them wanting to wait for more spring like weather. We all know they give no fucks about COVID but I'm hearing that they are hoping to have the 1st rounds of vaccines to the general public by April, not that these idiots would get it so I guess it doesn't really matter. 

• Upvote 8

I think they will try to squeeze it before her birthday so the age difference seems smaller, just like Jessa and Ben.

So I call a wedding date in the first half of February.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

Y'all! 

Our first married howler. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wouldn't rule out a Sunday wedding. These people have gotten married on Friday's before, as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

50 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know enough about Hilary/Claire to know if they would want a bit nicer of a wedding or if they want a thrown together wedding with a pieced together wedding dress by Renee. I can see a Feb wedding but I can also see them wanting to wait for more spring like weather. We all know they give no fucks about COVID but I'm hearing that they are hoping to have the 1st rounds of vaccines to the general public by April, not that these idiots would get it so I guess it doesn't really matter. 

They will probably get married before she turns 20, so they would both be teenagers on their wedding and the age difference doesn't seem as big. I have to admit they look good together and if they have been courtin for 14 months, thats huge! They know each other better than most Duggar couples prior to their wedding. My grandparents got married at 19 and 18. It's legal to get married at that age, so why not. Is it wise? Probably not, but it's not such a big deal.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, viii said:

Looks like it. Someone clearly follows this board, unless the creepiness of the last photo is being discussed elsewhere. 

Even without Covid that would never happen. 

I don't know what it says about me (or them) that I am not shocked by this at all. 

It's being discussed over at Primetimer so it could be too many comments or maybe now she is under the "Duggar Media Rules". Maybe she needed permission to post them, who knows.

Edited by stacyf
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

This really makes me think he is just desperate to get out from under his parents' roof. Hopefully he and Claire are a good match blah blah but if he had options instead- he could be planning which college to attend or which city to move to and find a job, to get a roommate, etc. But no. Marriage is the only option. Hopefully he can make a decent living with the Spivey's construction business if they stay in Texas (which I think is likely). It's hard to not think that Michelle and Jim Bob were worried that he might stray for whatever reason and were thrilled when he expressed an interest in a suitable girl. Oh he's only 16? Oh well, they'll just "get to know each other" until he's 18...

I could not agree with you more.

None of their other kids have gotten married this young. Kendra and Lauren both got married right a month after their nineteenth birthdays. Joy got married at 19.5 and Ben was almost 19.5.  He's the youngest to marry out of the Duggars and in-laws.

JB and Michelle must have been worried he'd try to join the secular world. It's not like they don't have other kids who get married. Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, and James are at least 19. On the one hand, I do think kids his age are old enough to have their own ideas about life. At the same time, I hold his parents and her parents responsible. For Fuck's sake, he turned 18 yesterday. He just became an adult. I hope whatever happens this is seen as reflection on his parents' parenting. 

There were rumors he wasn't happy at home and that last year his parents forgot his birthday. They must have been scared he'd leave.  So they found another family to dump him on. In some ways Justin would be probably be just as happy if the Spiveys would adopt him. 

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Well I guessed Thursday so I was close. 

They talk so weird "before Justin or I" how about before either of us. Another teen wedding coming right up!

I thought Thursday, because that's when the Tabloids break. I think they wanted to get this news before Jinger has the baby and that's why it's a Monday story. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I just can’t fathom how a parent can want their daughter to be engaged to a boy on his 18th birthday. It doesn’t matter how nice he is or how long your families have known each other- he’s a boy, he has a limited education and for most of his life has been used to being given stuff because he’s on TV and running on ‘Duggar Time’. By all means encourage them to date and get to know each other, but marriage??

I agree with all this but also, how much do fundie boys, especially the Duggar kids all still living in those dorm rooms at the house, really have a chance to mature prior to marriage? It's a weird dichotomy where in some ways they're expected to take on some responsibilities at a younger age than many other kids (e.g. looking after younger kids, working in JB's businesses etc.) and then in other ways they are completely cut off from becoming their own person and a self-sufficient adult until after they're married.

I think Justin and Claire are clearly too young for marriage but besides John David, I've thought that about every male Duggar when they got engaged/married.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

I say it’s going to definitely be before her 20th birthday, but guys, we may be looking at a Christmastime wedding here. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Words r hard
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

oh I think Hilary had high Duggar-shaped hopes for Claire. she might've been planning for this for a while.

I think they'll be married as soon as you can feasibly have an outdoor wedding in Texas.

well if whoever this Hilary is she  has been planning this for a while the last 20 years at least, that means 2 years before justin was conceived she was planning on having the 2 year old marry the next duggar.

sounds contrived and insane and just like a Jill thing

9 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I say it’s going to definitely be before her 20th birthday, but guys, we may be looking at a Christmastime wedding here. 

i vote for this December 25 at 6pm

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, indianabones said:

That picture is SO WEIRD.

The two of them look like teenage children... which they are. The idea of them getting married and pregnant within the next year is so disturbing to me.

FYI the woman in that picture is Claire's mother Hillary. Hillary and Claire look a lot alike so it's understandable you got them mixed up. 

• Upvote 7

27 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I could not agree with you more.

None of their other kids have gotten married this young. Kendra and Lauren both got married right a month after their nineteenth birthdays. Joy got married at 19.5 and Ben was almost 19.5.  He's the youngest to marry out of the Duggars and in-laws.

JB and Michelle must have been worried he'd try to join the secular world. It's not like they don't have other kids who get married. Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, and James are at least 19. On the one hand, I do think kids his age are old enough to have their own ideas about life. At the same time, I hold his parents and her parents responsible. For Fuck's sake, he turned 18 yesterday. He just became an adult. I hope whatever happens this is seen as reflection on his parents' parenting. 

There were rumors he wasn't happy at home and that last year his parents forgot his birthday. They must have been scared he'd leave.  So they found another family to dump him on. In some ways Justin would be probably be just as happy if the Spiveys would adopt him. 

I thought Thursday, because that's when the Tabloids break. I think they wanted to get this news before Jinger has the baby and that's why it's a Monday story. 

After the Wedding if they move to Texas or Arkansas will solve the mystery of if that rumor is true. 

I hope they move to Texas, Justin seems happier with the Spivey's

• Upvote 9

Justin was underage two days ago. and they have known each other they're whole lives. Claire is less than 2 years older than Justin and just as sheltered so I think she is as innocent as him. However all four parents are responsible imo. They've probably been grooming the kids for this moment. 

• Upvote 13

32 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Not to idly speculate too much, but maybe they haven’t done so well on the nothing physical rules, so are speeding it up. 

• Upvote 8

59 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

FYI the woman in that picture is Claire's mother Hillary. Hillary and Claire look a lot alike so it's understandable you got them mixed up. 

I was referring to the other pictures on the Instagram post- don't worry, I can distinguish between a 40  42 year old and a 19 year old ?

Edited by indianabones
Looked up Hilary's age...
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

While I am definitely not surprised by this announcement, I am still shocked Justin is so young he was their youngest child when filming began for their first special so it feels so wrong that he is engaged. Hilary does seem a bit like Jill Rod, who is probably jealous right now that Hilary is getting a Duggar son in law while all her son in law is just Duggar adjacent.

I hope it is a long engagement but they will probably be married by Valentine’s Day

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Screenshot_20201116-132649.thumb.png.2de849b861e0fedc59f685e1a0f4bf53.pngScreenshot_20201116-132716.thumb.png.4020f74b120c121333df8a86dc69290e.png

Someone on the Duggar Snark subreddit pointed out that Hilary posted a photo from the day of the actual engagement on Instagram, based on Claire and Justin's clothes.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

I can't imagine being married to anyone I dated between 15 and 19. I can't even remember every single "relationship" but I'm certain that I thought each one was "the one."

I've grown so much as a human since then, I 100% wouldn't have done the things I've done, met the people I've met, or helped the people I've helped if I had just married some guy from my high school. I'd still be stuck in the Midwest, miserable, trying to make people like me when they aren't going to, just angry all the time. 

I'm sure some people have happy marriages at young ages, but these are kids with zero life experience. They barely know themselves, not being given any opportunity to try out new ideas, much less interests that aren't Jesus or church related. 

How is he supposed to support another person at 18? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

The will probably be married in the usual 3 months timespan but for their sake as well as because of the pandemic I really hope that it's more like next summer.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if they either had a largish wedding on a Sunday during a mass to claim that it was a religious celebration so that all their friends would come and then have an outdoor reception, or have a more normal sized but inside wedding.  He should probably move to Texas and get a husband with his inlaws and escape Duggardom, but that means that they too will be living in Arkansas a borrowed from JB tiny home with 3-4 kids 5 yrs from now. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I can't imagine being married to anyone I dated between 15 and 19. I can't even remember every single "relationship" but I'm certain that I thought each one was "the one."

I've grown so much as a human since then, I 100% wouldn't have done the things I've done, met the people I've met, or helped the people I've helped if I had just married some guy from my high school. I'd still be stuck in the Midwest, miserable, trying to make people like me when they aren't going to, just angry all the time. 

I'm sure some people have happy marriages at young ages, but these are kids with zero life experience. They barely know themselves, not being given any opportunity to try out new ideas, much less interests that aren't Jesus or church related. 

How is he supposed to support another person at 18? 

Justin wouldn’t get any more life experience if he waited five, or even ten, years to marry. He’d just live with his parents, work for his parents, obey and listen to his parents and wait to find his bride. 
If they only believed in birth control they could become adults together and hopefully find out that they still love eachother once they are, but they’ll be parents before they have a chance of growing up and if Claire is firtile they’ll have many, many years to build their quiver. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 23

@indianabones that was a good spot! So they’ve been courting for longer than they said and they have waited until his birthday to announce an engagement that’s already happened. Why do they do this? Can’t they just be honest? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic