IGNORED

Justin and Claire: Woe Is Me

Coconut Flan

Jason is super into that religious political group that does the YouTube videos and podcasts I think. That’s always what I associate him with at least. Can’t remember the name of it right now, but I know Austin shared his testimony on one of their things.

Jason has got real smuggar chops.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

How in the world do these weird fan accounts on Instagram find some of these pictures? Do they just fall out of their asses or something? This picture is floating around on about a dozen IG fan accounts but it's literally nowhere to be found on anything official. I'm so confused... ?

122013214_1056230888132721_2968507715878296873_n.jpg

It’s from Gabrielle Patton’s ig. It’s private but I follow her. I’m pretty sure some fan accounts on ig follow her but crop her out when they post pics for. In this pic, Her, her husband and kids are cut off but you can see her son at the far right. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s from Gabrielle Patton’s ig. It’s private but I follow her. I’m pretty sure some fan accounts on ig follow her but crop her out for privacy. Her, her husband and kids are cut off but you can see her son at the far right. 

I'm surprised she accepted your follow request. From what I've heard she shuts most people down pretty quickly.

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jason is 20 and he has an Instagram jaseduggar, and like @wendy-sparkles said he’s right after the boy twins in the birth order.

I remember him as the one who is Jessa's clone but now that he has a beard he looks like JD

I have to work backward from the nicknames for anyone after Jinger.

ie Siren...whose name has “si” or “ren” in it? Oh, yeah. Josiah. Repeat ad nauseum. 

“Joken”  meant nothing to me for months. Josiah? Joseph? Jordan? J’ken? Who the hell knows? 

Edited by monkeyrocks71
I have had 1.5 mad elf beers and can not type correctly
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I like how 'is he a pilot?' is the most important question.

It is the most important and also the least important. The better question would be who isn't a pilot.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Can I ask, is flicking the V much more benign in the US? In the UK it would be quite rude - I cannot imagine as a teen posing like this for my friend's MOTHER.

And more to the point they look embarrassing. Far be it from me to bedgrudge any teen their Thug Lyfe phase but it is very weird at a Christian camp while your brother's girlfriend's mum uploads the pics to insta. Actually yes there is a bit of a J-Rod vibe here. How is it normal to take and share so many pictures of your kids' friendship group?

Spoiler

592123846_2020-10-23(1).thumb.png.df8b9d772721cc5fb3679374a2fae058.png

Spoiler

2020-10-23.thumb.png.4a4db36ba4b530157427cb4eb26a89f8.png

• Upvote 2

The V means nothing here, what you consider to be an offensive gesture, in the UK, I call it a backward peace sign. I n the US your "flicking the V" is us raising the middle finger.  ?

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I regularly see tourists taking pictures with a v. I think some people think it’s a peace sign?

Edited by Giraffe

12 hours ago, artdecades said:

It is the most important and also the least important. The better question would be who isn't a pilot.

The girls.  Apparently only the penis bearers can fly planes in their family.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

In the uk you can make a peace sign with a v as well but only with your palm and thumb facing out. If your palm and thumb are facing you that's really rude!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

The verse peace sign is rude in Australia as well. It’s a f u/up yours, basically. I always start when I see Americans do it to. Same as the middle finger. Funny history on two finger salute. Archers way back when would have their two fingers cut off so they couldn’t shoot, so flicking their fingers up to the enemy to show they still had their fingers became a symbol for f u. French and English people if memory serves correct. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

On 10/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, Tangy Bee said:

We know the Bates family had a few cases of Corona. [snip]

In another day and time, this would have a completely different meaning!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

The English cub scout salute used to be the V for victory sign. Naughty little cubs would turn it around. Don't know what the salute is now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, Bad Wolf said:

The English cub scout salute used to be the V for victory sign. Naughty little cubs would turn it around. Don't know what the salute is now.

In the US it still is... But like the previous posters said, it doesn't mean anything offensive here. Boy Scout salute is 3 fingers

• Upvote 2

On 10/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, mstee said:

In the US it’s a sign for peace 

yes we have that too - and Churchill was famous for his V for victory of course - but only palm facing out, the other way round is like a middle finger, yes.

11 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

In the US it still is... But like the previous posters said, it doesn't mean anything offensive here. Boy Scout salute is 3 fingers

I think it's still the cub/scout salute here? The Brownie/guide salute is 3 fingers in the UK, that would be the equivalent more or less of girl scouts.

Thanks for clarifying, guys. I didn't realise it wasn't an offensive gesture at all in the US. From my perspective it looks really jarring for Hannie and the Bates girls to be posing that way - Mr Frisbee Guy not so much.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Okay, I'm weighing in here. 
There's the 2 fingered salute (the middle finger in some countries) the way J-child is doing it.
If you flip the wrist facing out, it's the peace sign.

That's how I was always told the difference.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Okay, I'm weighing in here. 
There's the 2 fingered salute (the middle finger in some countries) the way J-child is doing it.
If you flip the wrist facing out, it's the peace sign.

That's how I was always told the difference.

Is anyone besides me kind of entertained that there's a Duggar giving a gesture that's rude in other countries and they don't know it? With their holier than thou attitude, I'm chuckling over this.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

On 10/25/2020 at 11:08 PM, Audrey2 said:

Is anyone besides me kind of entertained that there's a Duggar giving a gesture that's rude in other countries and they don't know it? With their holier than thou attitude, I'm chuckling over this.

I find it really annoying that kids do this in every photo. It has become a meaningless gesture but when I was growing up, it was considered rude. Back when I first started teaching, my middle years kids would do the thumb and pinkie up for every photo. Not super appropriate in Catholic school photos but we couldn’t get it stopped. 

• Upvote 1

When I was a kid, the "boy scout sign" was two fingers, same as the "peace sign" or the "bunny ears."  The Girl Scout salute/sign was three fingers, held together, palm out. 

I thought the rude gesture in the UK/Australia was two fingers apart (bunny ears/boy scout) but the palm facing the person giving the sign. (showing the person who is being a jerk the back of your hand.). 

Richard Nixon has that famous photo of him giving the double peace sign from Air Force One - I always thought that was the same in the US and the Uk. Was I incorrect? 

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I thought the rude gesture in the UK/Australia was two fingers apart (bunny ears/boy scout) but the palm facing the person giving the sign. (showing the person who is being a jerk the back of your hand.). 

Australia, Sydney to be precise.  When I was a teenager, back in the 80s, the rude sign was two separated fingers, as you say, palm facing the person giving the gesture.  I haven’t seen that used in many years though.  It’s just the middle finger salute these days, also palm facing inwards.  Maybe there’s regional differences, but that’s what I feel occasionally feel compelled to gesture to bad drivers.

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

Peace sign in the US is the same as the UK/Australia, but the the other way round (palm facing in) is meaningless in the US.

@Expectopatronus - when you say the gesture with thumb and pinky up, are you talking about the shaka ?? Not sure how that’s inappropriate. It’s an all purpose goodwill gesture. It’s very commonly used in Hawaii and was popular with teens throughout the US in the 1990s when pop culture was heavily influenced by skate boarding and surfing culture. The buses in Honolulu have a shaka graphic that plays on thier sign boards if a car lets them merge in.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Karma said:

Australia, Sydney to be precise.  When I was a teenager, back in the 80s, the rude sign was two separated fingers, as you say, palm facing the person giving the gesture.  I haven’t seen that used in many years though.  It’s just the middle finger salute these days, also palm facing inwards.  Maybe there’s regional differences, but that’s what I feel occasionally feel compelled to gesture to bad drivers.

I haven’t seen the middle finger or the two finger salute in many years. Maybe I have given one to rude drivers occasionally lol 

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic