IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, PumaLover said:

As @Idlewild said, I am baffled at why they took two toddlers and a baby to a doctor's office, to sit in the waiting room, when she has more family members in her immediate area that could watch them than I actually have. They're going to be bored! Made for TV I guess ?

It's called a storyline. Jessa has to watch her own kids.....

and I thought the episode was a jeremy inducing coma 

you can totally see how he transformed her into what she is. 

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, nst said:

It's called a storyline. Jessa has to watch her own kids.....

and I thought the episode was a jeremy inducing coma 

you can totally see how he transformed her into what she is. 

A fundy stepford wife? 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

A fundy stepford wife? 

at least she is less clingly than jill was. 

jessa seems the most of them the less clingy.

jinger is just like this perfect fundy creation 

• Upvote 7

" Get dressed up and wear a pretty dress.....do you have heels?" Said Jereme-me-ME

What kind of man is that interested in their wife's outfit?

She's his Barbie doll

He definitely has a shoe fetish.?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

" Get dressed up and wear a pretty dress.....do you have heels?" Said Jereme-me-ME

She's his Barbie doll

I know one person's anecdata means squat, but my mom married on her 18th birthday to a man older than her and she was very much like how Jinger presents.  Adoring, never questioning, her job was looking beautiful while taking care of the babies and the house...

And one day she turned 30 and realized she had opinions and ideas and it occurred to her that she had value outside of being decorative.  A year later they divorced.  

Obviously every marriage is different and both of my parents were wonderful in some ways and much less wonderful in others...but marrying someone who is for all intents and purposes still a child mentally and emotionally is a roll of the dice. 

Because when you marry someone who doesn't yet know who they are you run the risk of them someday figuring it out and realizing who they are isn't compatible with the box you've put them in.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

She's his Barbie doll

I haven't seen the episode so I don't know exactly how he said it, but if my husband planned a surprise date night (or party) I would want him to give me some guidance as to what to wear so I didn't show up looking totally under-dressed (or over-dressed) for wherever he was taking me. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

My BEC moment was snarkily judging Jeremy’s outfit at the party. Wearing a bow tie with your black suit looks like a cheap/half assed attempt at a tuxedo. As a side effect of my job, I attend a fair number of formal events (or used to, pre-pandemic). A nice fitted tuxedo can make any man look dashing. I have some colleagues when don’t (yet) own tuxedos, and they wear nice black suits with nice white shirts and solid black neck ties, and also look great. Jeremy looked like a teenager playing dress up. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, mpheels said:

My BEC moment was snarkily judging Jeremy’s outfit at the party. Wearing a bow tie with your black suit looks like a cheap/half assed attempt at a tuxedo.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't know much about fashion (but I don't dress like a 2000s DIsney character either), and much less formal wear.

Jeremy once said he considered his style "classic" and "timeless". Okay. Not once have I looked at any of his outfits and thought beyond the realm of "pretentious". I'm sorry. He tries too hard and it shows, at least to me. Maybe it's because I know his personality and am not some stranger walking past him in the street. I think his pretentiousness seeps past his clothes and radiates off him. 

BEC? Maybe.

• Upvote 12

16 hours ago, PumaLover said:

In one of the previews it looked like Jinger was wearing a fur coat. Anyone else notice that?

She wore a fur wrap/stole to the party. I was surprised, since you don’t see people wear fur much anymore, but if you’re fine with hunting I guess you’re fine with fur.

• Upvote 3

I assumed it was fake fur, both because $$ and because fake fur is very trendy now, and generally looks more realistic than past fake fur materials.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

And for a change, Michelle looked appropriately dressed for the occasion. 

She really has done better in the Counting on era, even her wedding Outfits are better. Better stylist BTS?

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, mpheels said:

My BEC moment was snarkily judging Jeremy’s outfit at the party. Wearing a bow tie with your black suit looks like a cheap/half assed attempt at a tuxedo. As a side effect of my job, I attend a fair number of formal events (or used to, pre-pandemic). A nice fitted tuxedo can make any man look dashing. I have some colleagues when don’t (yet) own tuxedos, and they wear nice black suits with nice white shirts and solid black neck ties, and also look great. Jeremy looked like a teenager playing dress up. 

My coworkers and I still laugh about the guy who wore a bow tie with his dress shirt with no jacket to a job site that required a hard hat. The bow tie was just so out of place. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I haven't seen the episode so I don't know exactly how he said it, but if my husband planned a surprise date night (or party) I would want him to give me some guidance as to what to wear so I didn't show up looking totally under-dressed (or over-dressed) for wherever he was taking me. 

You don't want to end up at a high end restaurant in sweats! 

• I Agree 9

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

You don't want to end up at a high end restaurant in sweats! 

You also don't want to get dressed up for a day of hiking and the Texas Roadhouse. (Not a snark- I do like their steaks and pulled pork.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

You also don't want to get dressed up for a day of hiking and the Texas Roadhouse. (Not a snark- I do like their steaks and pulled pork.)

I remember nearly 30 years ago going out for my best friend's bachelorette party and the club we went to wouldn't let you in wearing jeans! We were not happy but luckily found another place to go to. So you just never know. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, mpheels said:

I assumed it was fake fur, both because $$ and because fake fur is very trendy now, and generally looks more realistic than past fake fur materials.

I assumed it was vintage...? 

Does make me wonder what happened to my Grandma's furs when she died...

• Upvote 4

We have some vintage furs from my great aunts.  I don't fit into them these days, but I used them as costume pieces when I was younger.  I don't think I'd be bold enough to wear fur, especially anything with sentimental value, anywhere.

• I Agree 3

I’ve been out of the loop while adjusting to having two kids under three... can someone please update me on who’s currently knocked up and courting/ engaged. I would say also anything else going on but I mean that’s all they do ? I just am having a hard time following some of the boards I feel out of the loop

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I’ve been out of the loop while adjusting to having two kids under three... can someone please update me on who’s currently knocked up and courting/ engaged. I would say also anything else going on but I mean that’s all they do ? I just am having a hard time following some of the boards I feel out of the loop

Joy is over due w a girl..... so any day we could get the announcement but I’d bet Tuesday before the new episode.

Jinjer is due in November w a second girl.

kendra is due in February with a “tie breaker” lol 

No courtship announcements 

seems like it’s too quiet w three pregnancies and no courtships. I expect that’ll change soon.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Ever said:

Joy is over due w a girl..... so any day we could get the announcement but I’d bet Tuesday before the new episode.

seems like it’s too quiet w three pregnancies and no courtships. I expect that’ll change soon.

I fully expect something soon from Jed! 

• I Agree 2

10 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I fully expect something soon from Jed! 

I’m thinking more Jerimiah. Everytime they’re asked Jerimiah avoids saying he isn’t in a courtship and Jed declares his bachelorhood. I think Jed will pick a girl when he loses the election so he can feel relevant. 
James or Jason could announce soon a courtship w Lauren Caldwell. They really need to move along w this Caldwell courtship bc it’s getting annoying. We all know she’s been “getting to know” one of them for years.....what’s confusing to me is why it’s taking so long. Either someone isn’t totally in it or it’s James and he’s just so young he’s afraid to commit. (Understandably) I’ve been saying and will say until the announcement is made- I really hope it isn’t James. He’s so awkward and he’s so young. He looks 12 and seems to be void of personality, poor thing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I too think that Jer is the one courting and they’ll announce post-election for Jed!  I hope you’re right @Ever and he loses bigly.

I also hope it’s Jason and not James that’s courting Lauren C. James always looks like he’s completely over it and I’d like to think his ‘mom’ is influencing him.  I also think Jason is a better match personality-wise. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Ever said:

Thank you ❤️

2 hours ago, Ever said:

I’m thinking more Jerimiah. Everytime they’re asked Jerimiah avoids saying he isn’t in a courtship and Jed declares his bachelorhood. I think Jed will pick a girl when he loses the election so he can feel relevant. 
James or Jason could announce soon a courtship w Lauren Caldwell. They really need to move along w this Caldwell courtship bc it’s getting annoying. We all know she’s been “getting to know” one of them for years.....what’s confusing to me is why it’s taking so long. Either someone isn’t totally in it or it’s James and he’s just so young he’s afraid to commit. (Understandably) I’ve been saying and will say until the announcement is made- I really hope it isn’t James. He’s so awkward and he’s so young. He looks 12 and seems to be void of personality, poor thing. 

Why would I not be surprised if a few brothers got to know her at the same time. Seems even grosser but I mean they can’t waste time they need to procreate 

• Upvote 4

The Caldwell just dumped another few multi-picture Instagram posts featuring friends of theirs I didn't recognize. In the most recent set, though, there's a pic of all the Caldwells at a restaurant plus some guy making a weird face who I think is James Duggar. Joe and Kendra aren't there. If it is James, for goodness sake people, just announce the dang courtship!!! Why else would he be with them all the time? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic