Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Recommended Posts

Idlewild

I think he wants to curate an image of you can be godly without being a frump like the Duggars- and a lot of the humpers lap it up- they think it makes Jinger independent and exciting. To me they come across as shallow and vain.

The podcast must be doing well for them - but if they ever have to start paying full price rent it may be more of a struggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glasgowghirl

I have never spent that much when I have had cuts and colour's done and I have long thick hair. Jeremy is just being vain, plenty of decent barbers around that do hair cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coconut Flan
Posted (edited)

Right now and since March indoor barbering has been closed in Los Angeles county.  All those "cheap" barbershops are shut down.  If Jeremy was getting other than a home done cut, he had to find someone operating outside.  I don't think that excuses an $80 cut, but the options are very, very limited.  

Edited by Coconut Flan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timetraveler

I think Jeremy is balding. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse, but do we see him as the type of guy to get a hair transplant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
41 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Right now and since March indoor barbering has been closed.  All those "cheap" barbershops are shut down.  If Jeremy was getting other than a home done cut, he had to find someone operating outside.  I don't think that excuses an $80 cut, but the options are very, very limited.  

Don’t all the female Duggars know how to cut hair? Seems I’ve seen most Of them whip at the clippers and shears at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knight of Ni
4 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I think Jeremy is balding. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse, but do we see him as the type of guy to get a hair transplant?

I know a guy who did. It looks cartoonishly awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
5 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I know a guy who did. It looks cartoonishly awful.

Joe Biden?  [I'm one of those folks who believes he had hair plugs done 10-15 years ago. I think its pretty obvious when you see him up close]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lezajenda
4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Don’t all the female Duggars know how to cut hair? Seems I’ve seen most Of them whip at the clippers and shears at some point.

Ah but then he’d miss out on an opportunity for a self promoting social media post showing how woke and LA he is for doing his part and letting it grow all long and then the opera music playing while he gets it cut to show how cultured and fancy he is.

Im no fan of Joel osteen but I’m pretty sure he was wise enough to wait for the money to start rolling in before getting too spendy...Jeremys trying to do it in the opposite order.  Spending all his money cultivating the image of a wealthy celebrity preacher and just having faith that the successful mega ministry is coming soon enough?  And seemingly arrogant enough to not even have some sort of backup plan in place in case that doesn’t pan out...oooookay Jeremy!  Ill be over here with my popcorn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
10 minutes ago, lezajenda said:

Ah but then he’d miss out on an opportunity for a self promoting social media post showing how woke and LA he is for doing his part and letting it grow all long and then the opera music playing while he gets it cut to show how cultured and fancy he is.

Im no fan of Joel osteen but I’m pretty sure he was wise enough to wait for the money to start rolling in before getting too spendy...Jeremys trying to do it in the opposite order.  Spending all his money cultivating the image of a wealthy celebrity preacher and just having faith that the successful mega ministry is coming soon enough?  And seemingly arrogant enough to not even have some sort of backup plan in place in case that doesn’t pan out...oooookay Jeremy!  Ill be over here with my popcorn...

I know a couple of people who have gone the religious route. My called minister is a retired aeronautical engineer with an MBA who went to divinity school In his 50s, after having had a successful business career. My mom’s second cousin is a mucky-mucky in the Catholic Church. He graduated from MIT and was a college professor in a secular university while simultaneously serving as a parish priest. OTOH, after living and serving in Laredo for several years, Jeremy didn’t even know the Spanish word for the # 11. I’m not sure he is cut out for the raw academics required for the profession he is seeking. Plus, he seems to have the Duggar knack for laziness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
Posted (edited)

I don't know if Jeremy never learning a single word in Spanish has to do with laziness, I would guess it has more to do with American superiority in the vein of why should WE have to learn Spanish, when THEY should learn English. 

 

And JereME will either get plugs or a really nice hair piece, he is far to vain to go bald, he's to vain to let Jinger cut his hair

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know if Jeremy never learning a single word in Spanish has to do with laziness, I would guess it has more to do with American superiority in the vein of why should WE have to learn Spanish, when THEY should learn English. 

 

And JereME will either get plugs or a really nice hair piece, he is far to vain to go bald, he's to vain to let Jinger cut his hair

Because tenacious go-getters, the opposite of lazy, would have put in more of an effort to learn the language of many of the people he was attempting to serve and communicate with it. The work of ministry is reaching out to, communicating and working with and for others. Seems Jeremy never got around to one of the big tools, language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilMissMetaphor
12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Seems Jeremy never got around to one of the big tools, language.

 

Jeremy IS a big tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartsAFundie
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 9:02 PM, PennySycamore said:

@neuroticcat,  the students and faculty at Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC were at an evening chapel service on that terrible day in 1968 when Dr King was assassinated.  The students let out a loud cheer when they heard the news.  One of the students was just about to graduate and decided them and there that he was finished with the church.  I can't remember the guy's name offhand, but he became the founder of the Piedmont Secular Humanists.  

The Piedmont Humanists have a very interesting and well-done website including recommended informative links and podcasts.  They seem to be cool,  non-hurting folks who reject faith and embrace science.  And they make time for fellowship with meals and hikes too.   I bet there's a lot of lively discussion when they meet!  

https://www.piedmonthumanists.org/ 

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pecansforeveryone

I could see Ben Sewald falling back into teaching and coaching at a Christian school. I think Jeremy would frantically resist that at all costs even though there are dozens of Christian schools in the area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore
On 8/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

The Piedmont Humanists have a very interesting and well-done website including recommended informative links and podcasts.  They seem to be cool,  non-hurting folks who reject faith and embrace science.  And they make time for fellowship with meals and hikes too.   I bet there's a lot of lively discussion when they meet!  

https://www.piedmonthumanists.org/ 

Why, yes there is!  Right now, we're meeting virtually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
On 7/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know if Jeremy never learning a single word in Spanish has to do with laziness, I would guess it has more to do with American superiority in the vein of why should WE have to learn Spanish, when THEY should learn English. 

 

Where did he say that he knows zero Spanish? And I wonder what language he studied at Syracuse, which I believe has a language requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

From the preview it looks like this week’s show is about Jeremy’s ungodly past and his road to Damascus moment. Normally I would say this is more interesting than made up games and gender reveals but the thought of Jeremy rolling in self glorifying attention is nauseating. He’ll be creating sock puppet accounts suggesting he gets his own show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade
On 8/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, HereticHick said:

Where did he say that he knows zero Spanish? And I wonder what language he studied at Syracuse, which I believe has a language requirement.

He did grad school at Syracuse. Not sure if his undergrad had a foreign language requirement. I think it was a small liberal arts college, so I imagine it did. However, he could have fulfilled it in high school when he went to public school to boost his soccer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marianja
On 7/28/2020 at 4:21 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

Except that they are taught that it is. My family went to church while suffering with the chicken pox because they taught that you needed to be in the pew unless you were hospitalized or dead.  They believe that when Hebrews 10:25 says "Forsake not the assembly of yourselves together" that if you miss even one service, you have "forsaken" and have committed sin.

My first time posting here - I grew up very Catholic as well - my mom had been a  Dominican nun who left the convent when she was 28. She went on to teach in Catholic schools so remained firm in her faith, although once her kids were 12 or 13 she respected our decisions about this stuff. I went to 12 years of Catholic school. My New York City elementary school was run by Sister of Charity of Halifax. Since they were from Halifax, they order ran lots of schools in Canada. They often told us of their Canadian students who would go to church and come to school no matter the weather. They would arrive frostbitten and exhausted.  Occasionally a child would freeze to death on the way to school or Sunday Mass. Yes, they told us these stories with straight faces. When I asked my mom about this she would just roll her eyes. I guess she didn't want to tell me they were making it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, marianja said:

My first time posting here - I grew up very Catholic as well - my mom had been a  Dominican nun who left the convent when she was 28. She went on to teach in Catholic schools so remained firm in her faith, although once her kids were 12 or 13 she respected our decisions about this stuff. I went to 12 years of Catholic school. My New York City elementary school was run by Sister of Charity of Halifax. Since they were from Halifax, they order ran lots of schools in Canada. They often told us of their Canadian students who would go to church and come to school no matter the weather. They would arrive frostbitten and exhausted.  Occasionally a child would freeze to death on the way to school or Sunday Mass. Yes, they told us these stories with straight faces. When I asked my mom about this she would just roll her eyes. I guess she didn't want to tell me they were making it all up.

Aka lying. Thou shall not lie. I enjoy reading the stories in the Old and New Testament, why couldn’t they just read and talk about the history? Why did they need to guilt trip us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild
Posted (edited)

The latest podcast from our resident fountains of knowledge concerns coping with ‘single life’. I’ll admit I’ve not listened to it but their single life was Jinger: live at home, no boyfriends, no job, eye rolling to make her appear interesting, fake car flips etc for TV, Court for a few months, fake proposal with markers on the ground. Jeremy: desperately seek fame somehow, fail in soccer career, get wasted, meet a Duggar adjacent, seize opportunity to join gravy train and reinvent himself. 
Did I miss anything out??

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology

You are pretty much spot on with your summary. The only things I'd add are **loves coffee!!!** for Jinger's single life, as in how to cope with paying for all that expensive coffee.  And **loves HIMself!!** for Jeremy's single life, as in how will he ever find a wife because he doesn't have enough love left over.

Markers are put down prior to a scene like that, when the people aren't going to be moving around, to make sure they get the lighting and focus correct. They have a crew member stand in for the **star!!** to get everything set up before the actual **STAR!!** takes the spot. Jinger was probably so used to markers on the floor/ground, at least since she was 10 or 11*, that seeing those didn't mean anything special other than they would be filmed talking while they were standing there.  Markers aside, I'm positive she expected the proposal even if she had not been told about it.

OMG, we both forgot **FASHION!!** Jinger loved it while still single... Jana just told us so!

* OMG because I just realized Jinger was Josie's current age when the specials began. She was a sister-mom, she was in charge of some cooking and sewing and other stuff, she was learning to play two pianos at the same time! Actually, the double piano playing is kind of cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

I agree playing 2 different pianos at the same time is cool. It’s also a testament that the skills you can hone when you have no friends, don’t attend school and are locked away in your house 24/7 for 20 +years. Too bad we all don’t have 2 pianos side by side. Maybe Covid would have allowed more of us to learn the 2 piano playing trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dolcez
On 7/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Timetraveler said:

I think Jeremy is balding. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse, but do we see him as the type of guy to get a hair transplant?

Oh, definitely! He's probably as vain as they come.

 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know if Jeremy never learning a single word in Spanish has to do with laziness, I would guess it has more to do with American superiority in the vein of why should WE have to learn Spanish, when THEY should learn English. 

How many years did Jeremy live in Laredo? The way he congratulated himself every time he tried to speak Spanish never failed to piss me off. But maybe that's because Spanish is my first language. I really don't understand how he got the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, dolcez said:

Oh, definitely! He's probably as vain as they come.

 

How many years did Jeremy live in Laredo? The way he congratulated himself every time he tried to speak Spanish never failed to piss me off. But maybe that's because Spanish is my first language. I really don't understand how he got the job. 

All the church members spoke English. That and it was an upstart church it is obvious that "church" in TX wasn't Jeremy's job, it was a prop for TLC or a prop for Jeremy to con a con man into handing over a daughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.