IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

On 8/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, Vivi_music said:

I managed a wedding last month at work (here in Canada) and we had similar rules in place. We had a maximum capacity of guests to respect (which is determined by the Provincial Public Health depending on the size and ''normal'' capacity of your building). People were sitting per household, with social distance between the households. Each household had to fill a registry when entering, because we would need to contact them in case one of the attendees got Covid-19. Mandatory hand cleaning when they entered the Church and everyone had to keep their masks inside the church, except the bride and groom, the priest or when someone from the wedding party did a reading. The bride and groom agreed that their would be no communion for the guests. Only for them, their two witnesses and their parents. Same as you, we asked the guests not to sing. The only singing was from the hired musicians who were placed on the gallery above.

If it can reassure you, it's been 3 weeks now and no cases were reported from the family. The bride and groom came back to see us at the venue to thank us and they said they were keeping in contact if any case would arise. But considering it's been more the 14 days, if there is any, the chances it was transmitted during the ceremony are slim. These were very reasonable and precaucious people. None of the guests seemed to be ''anti-masks/pro-conspiracy theorists''. People respected the rules and it was easy enough to manage. No covidiots who'd punch you in the face for inforcing the mask.

I think if you took similar precautions, it will be fine. I wish you a nice wedding day!

That is good to hear!

We, as well as our family, are all very cautious since my dad spend 3,5 weeks in ICU in april. I think we are doing well with our 'rules' and so far only 2 people have cancelled because they don't feel safe.

The wedding will be different than planned at first but I hope it will still be a beautiful day! And I am so happy my dad can walk me down the aisle ?

• Love 15

Ok the mouth is all wrong. 
Who else does this pic remind you off. Help a girl out. I am looking at it going maybe a celebrity? Someone I know?  I just can’t put my finger on it. 
I wonder if it is fan art or they commissioned it. 
What a lovely gesture. But I would be like oh yes... lovely. So like me. And I would only hang it when she visited. 
maybe it’s more jessa’s mouth???? What and who is it????

B1CCFE99-A51C-40B0-A2A8-1D203283356C.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think they’ve got a good likeness of Felicity. Jinger looks like a mash up of all the older Duggar sisters. A bit like Miley Cyrus in her Hannah Montana days . 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

It really looks like Courtney Ford as Portia Bellefleur from True Blood to me. Which is hilarious.

PortiaPic (1).jpg

Spoiler

1000full-true-blood-screenshot.jpg

Edited by dolcez
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

She really looks like Lauren to me, I get the nice gift but I would never hang it in my home, it doesn't even look like her. Could this be a situation like the person who gifts dresses to Bates girls (tikki something)?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It’s the jawline that’s all wrong. Jinger has a much rounder face. From the mouth down, that face is shaped more like Jessa’s face.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

She really looks like Lauren to me, I get the nice gift but I would never hang it in my home, it doesn't even look like her. Could this be a situation like the person who gifts dresses to Bates girls (tikki something)?

I only watched the first 10min of CO but Jeremy was talking about commissioning an artist for a painting of Jinger and Felicity so I guess it is this one.

• Upvote 1

Oh well, at least this person has been paid I hope like they don't throw a show later saying 'hey what if we promote you on our Instagram and maybe we mention you in the show in exchange for your work? " I could easily see them doing something like that 

I see a lot of Jana in that picture. It’s nice, but it doesn’t look like Jinger. 

upon closer reflection though, that jaw looks painfully and weirdly aligned. I hope this wasn’t expensive. 

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Before I read the caption or anything else, I immediately had the thought of "why would someone paint a picture of Lauren with Felicity?". So 100% in agreement that this looks like Lauren. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I totally see Courtney Ford now that you mention it. 

Glad I'm not alone in this! I never would have associated Courtney with any of the Duggars but she's the only person that came to mind when I saw it. (Probably because I'm watching True Blood...)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I only watched the first 10min of CO but Jeremy was talking about commissioning an artist for a painting of Jinger and Felicity so I guess it is this one.

This is the same gift/commission. They unveiled it on the show during the surprise party, so I assume Jinger posted on insta to go with the show airing. 

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

So aside from everything else, he "commissions an artist," which I guess he thinks sounds very sophisticated. Have to admit almost all of fundiedom is confounding to me, but JinJer flummoxes me the most. I just don't get what they are going for. Does Jeremy think of himself as some kind of theologian who can enlighten people with his blog posts (Like Ben tried but had the sense to give up)?  

• Upvote 1

Gosh this is a tip of my tongue thing because that painting looks so much like someone from another reality show but I can't place it.

This is the photo the painting was based off of:

OG.PNG.e5143f24aa502796f277ec852a0c0d0f.PNG

I see the resemblance a lot better now, but it probably wasn't the best photo to use as a reference. Also, if you go to the artist's website, she's selling prints of the painting. Which... I can't imagine wanting a clearly personal painting of someone I don't even know (unless they're actually famous/influential). But I'm sure she'll have a few takers.

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, llg1234 said:

This is the photo the painting was based off of:

OG.PNG.e5143f24aa502796f277ec852a0c0d0f.PNG

I see the resemblance a lot better now, but it probably wasn't the best photo to use as a reference. Also, if you go to the artist's website, she's selling prints of the painting. Which... I can't imagine wanting a clearly personal painting of someone I don't even know (unless they're actually famous/influential). But I'm sure she'll have a few takers.

Maybe that was the agreement. Let me make some cash of the prints and you can have it as a discount. If I commissioned a piece, it would be for me and I would not want it hanging in anyone one else’s house. Unless it was one for my house and one for felicity’s. (If it was a gift for when she got older). 
Once she put the photo up that it was painted from, I can see the artist did the best she could with a not great pic. 
Someone on fb said the painting reminded them of a babysitters club book cover. I agree. 
to derail the thread. Just how good was the new babysitters club series on Netflix. My nostalgic arse really enjoyed it. 

• Upvote 2

I think it was a really poor photo to give to the artist tbh. Even if he liked the particular pose I would have given a selection of the many posed photos they have so the artist could see Jinger properly. Then again, she could have just looked at their Instagram accounts.

Do we think Jeremy actually paid? If it’s featured on the show don’t TLC pick up the tab?

• I Agree 7

I bet he at least tried to get a huge discount because he is ‘famous’ and it will be ‘on tv’

On the other hand, I do think that leghumpers will love a painting from the same artist as JinJer so I guess she gets some new customers anyway.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe that was the agreement. Let me make some cash of the prints and you can have it as a discount. If I commissioned a piece, it would be for me and I would not want it hanging in anyone one else’s house. Unless it was one for my house and one for felicity’s. (If it was a gift for when she got older). 
Once she put the photo up that it was painted from, I can see the artist did the best she could with a not great pic. 
Someone on fb said the painting reminded them of a babysitters club book cover. I agree. 
to derail the thread. Just how good was the new babysitters club series on Netflix. My nostalgic arse really enjoyed it. 

YES! I'm not yet through the first season, but am really enjoying it. I was a member of the BSC fan club and read ALL the books as a kid, so was nervous/excited when I saw the announcement for the remake. But they are really doing the series justice while still bringing it into the 21st century. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic