IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

At least she is wearing shorts, unlike her mother at that age.

• Upvote 7

Children under two are not supposed to wear masks because there is a real suffocation concern. Their lungs are not yet strong enough to circulate air through the mask fabric. In all honesty, a kid who is close to two years is probably ok, but two is an easy metric to follow. It’s the same principle as not have stuffed animals in bed or crib bumpers.

I wonder if it’s a private playground, like something in the backyard of a rented vacation house? If Felicity is they only kid, or one of very few kids, using the equipment and they are not in contact with lots of other people, then it’s probably fine (especially with the adults wearing masks). If it’s a public playground with lots of other kids... the current case prevalence in Southern California is way too high for kids to safely use public playgrounds.

• Upvote 15

Having your 1-year old not wear a mask is probably legal (I do not know the specifics of their state regulations) but maybe not appropiate in this particular time. I am quite careful of what I post online, and sometimes things are legal but not appropiate, I am careful of the pictures I post, and I would not have posted that pic.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 4:03 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Jeremy just likes to cherry pick the history of this man. Or even worse he doesn’t. I wonder what he will say if he is called on it and if we will see the bust disappear? Will he say that he was a good enough man to override the slavery support, it’s all part of history?  I don’t know. What have the other supporters of not wanting slave supporting statues been saying? 
I would love to see him asked. Especially since such a prestigious place is removing theirs. 

My guess is he doesn’t have a thorough knowledge of GW or learned about Whitefield and skimmed past the slavery bits walked away with “great Christian preacher = hero.” 

I certainly think it’s possible for fundies like Jeremy, especially when he’s signed that “systemic racism is a lie!” Anti-Social justice statement to not find GW’s slave holding problematic at all . But in Jeremy’s case I think it more likely to be posturing in the first place. Like the BOOKS! Storyline. Who gets a bust for their personal library and displays it proudly on national tv? 

• Upvote 4

On 6/28/2020 at 2:57 AM, Perrierwithlemon said:

JereME's Instagrams

I love this spelling of his name. Very descriptive. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Here the advice is no masks for under 13 year olds because of the risk to children's breathing. And playgrounds have just reopened, so I wouldn't judge a picture like that. But then again I have no idea about what is going on in LA. Obviously people closer by will have a better idea if this is normal or ridiculous.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'd guess they're at Lake Arrowhead. Perhaps elsewhere, but that's close to LA and a popular spot to hang out. 
I'm not sure what I would do with an almost 2 year old and COVID.  But I don't think a playground would be involved.  Germs, man...germs everywhere...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Unless they are mistaken again, the last word I heard (I barely watch news) is that the covid virus cannot live long at all (whatever long at all means) outside in the sun or perhaps UV specifically. So outdoor playgrounds should be safer than many other places. I haven't heard any more or read anything about that so if anyone knows specifics please enlighten me and us.

• Upvote 5

For my state 3 and under masks are not recommended or required, 3-5 highly recommend, 5+ required. I also wouldn't judge her not wearing a mask right now. However, it feels too early to be playing on a playground. I personally (others may definitely feel different) do not feel ok with letting my kids play on a public playground. If they are renting a house and this playground is in the backyard, is probably disinfect it and say it's ok. But if that's the case, then Jeremy wearing a mask is unnecessary if it's in a private back yard. So I'm inclined to think they are playing somewhere public.

• Upvote 3

I’m in California - about 5-6 hours north of Jinger/Jeremy, children over age 2 are required to wear masks, so Felicity isn’t required to wear one. 
Playgrounds in LA remain closed https://www.laparks.org/covid-19-information

It seems rude, entitled, and thoughtless to post a pix of your child on what appears to be a public slide when they surely know that many children in CA are still banned from playgrounds. They could have shown Felicity splashing in the ‘lake’ they are near, or running about, but no, they chose to thumb their noses at decent behavior. 

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Of course they should follow the rules in their state but here children up to 12 never had to do social distancing at all. Even when we still had a lot of new cases each day, none of them could be tranced back to children infecting each other.

So as long as the only adults Felicity is close to are here parents, a playground should not cause any problems.

But if it is against the local rules it is stupid of course. Don’t act like you don’t need to follow them.

Edited by CarrotCake

I live in WA and it feels like people are doing whatever the heck they want. However, they are influencers which means there’s no neutral ground and everything is calculated. You either are wearing masks or not and making a statement. Given that,  I think it’s a decent sign he’s masked up. Though If they’re analyzing as influencers, maybe they chose a public playground to appeal to the mask- free peeps. Try to please both sides...make em both mad. 

• I Agree 2

That is so interesting. I wouldn’t have batted an eye at the photo, because he clearly is wearing a mask. Our playgrounds are open for weeks now and as nurseries, schools and kindergartens are going slowly back to normal operations is clear, that masks are not possible at all the time and for the really young ones just impossible. We can meet up in groups up to ten people again and for now, things look great. I think allowing flights for holidays again is a mistake but maybe I am proven wrong. 

With the different rules we all have, we should really research what we are seeing before judging. That said, I can totally see them doing whatever they want- because Jesus is clearly protecting them and the whole thing is a hoax anyway or whatever.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Of course they should follow the rules in their state but here children up to 12 never had to do social distancing at all. Even when we still had a lot of new cases each day, none of them could be tranced back to children infecting each other.

So as long as the only adults Felicity is close to are here parents, a playground should not cause any problems.

But if it is against the local rules it is stupid of course. Don’t act like you don’t need to follow them.

I think closing playgrounds is because of concerns of picking up the virus from touching services, hence the message to wash your hands often. Playgrounds have lots of equipment that kids touch & then kids put their hands in their mouths & no one is out wiping playground equipment down between each child’s use. CA & Southern CA especially is in the midst of a big upswing in COVID numbers at the moment.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, sndral said:

I think closing playgrounds is because of concerns of picking up the virus from touching services, hence the message to wash your hands often. Playgrounds have lots of equipment that kids touch & then kids put their hands in their mouths & no one is out wiping playground equipment down between each child’s use. CA & Southern CA especially is in the midst of a big upswing in COVID numbers at the moment.

Then still, the kids should not be spreading the virus, it is very very rare. But I guess you cannot avoid that parents are touching the equipment as well. Playground were one of the few things that were never closed here, because it was nice for kids to have somewhere to go instead of being at home all the time. Especially for people without a garden.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

Then still, the kids should not be spreading the virus, it is very very rare. But I guess you cannot avoid that parents are touching the equipment as well. Playground were one of the few things that were never closed here, because it was nice for kids to have somewhere to go instead of being at home all the time. Especially for people without a garden.

Personally I agree, packing an indoor bar, for example, is a lot more high risk IMO than kids playing in outdoor playgrounds like the one across the street from my house, which remains closed. But at the moment playgrounds in many parts of CA are closed.

1 minute ago, sndral said:

Personally I agree, packing an indoor bar, for example, is a lot more high risk IMO than kids playing in outdoor playgrounds like the one across the street from my house, which remains closed. But at the moment playgrounds in many parts of CA are closed.

If it is the mandate to be closed than I agree, they should not be there. 

Even if some of the local rules might make no sense, if everyone follows them we can at least finally conclude which rules are actually working and which are less important.

• Upvote 3

Since we don't know for sure which county they were in when that photo was taken, we can't know the rules that they were supposed to follow.  Each county has set its own rules within the state parameters and while all playgrounds were closed for a few weeks, re-opening has varied county to county.  

• Upvote 5

I’ve heard that the virus can’t last in direct sunlight for more than ten seconds, so technically that should make playgrounds very safe (no idea how accurate that is). Our playgrounds have been open for a couple months.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2

Closing the playground was more to avoid physical contact between children not from the same household than because of equipment contamination. Open playgrounds would have been full because people want to leave the house especially with bored children. Fights between stressed parents in who can use the playground for how long, crying children because they don’t understand why they cannot play there as used to, especially little children can not be expected to remember and adhere to social distancing. It was easier to close places were many people come together.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve heard that the virus can’t last in direct sunlight for more than ten seconds, so technically that should make playgrounds very safe (no idea how accurate that is). Our playgrounds have been open for a couple months.

Source please. I am in a tourist location (coastal, central CA) with very low infection numbers and none of our playgrounds are open.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Kids ARE getting it here in the US, and they are getting deadly or life alter cases of it. They think something mutated between Europe & the U.S. OR U.S. aren't as healthy as other countries because of our levels of processed food and our inactive lifestyles, leading to kids being more susceptible.  Add to that, that children are left in day cares because parents are forced to work, because the U.S. REFUSED to do the right thing and shut down. Many states leaving nearly everything open but bars, restaurants, movie theaters, gyms & schools.   

The level of virus in the U.S. right now is so high that experts are saying we've gone past being able to contain it and we have to live (and die) with it until a vaccine is found. Very few places are closing anything again and most people here have flat out said they will NOT put up with schools closing again, and or things going back to closed, these assholes would rather die than be bored.  

• Sad 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Completely wrong. The virus can live up to 9 days on metal surfaces and if you manage to heat it to 90°c (194f) it takes over 15 minutes to die.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/01/experts-explain-why-coronavirus-myths-misinformation-can-be-dangerous.html

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200317-covid-19-how-long-does-the-coronavirus-last-on-surfaces

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

22 hours ago, Bobology said:

Unless they are mistaken again, the last word I heard (I barely watch news) is that the covid virus cannot live long at all (whatever long at all means) outside in the sun or perhaps UV specifically. So outdoor playgrounds should be safer than many other places. I haven't heard any more or read anything about that so if anyone knows specifics please enlighten me and us.

The type of UV light needed to kill the virus would ‘literally fry people’ (see third link).

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Source please. I am in a tourist location (coastal, central CA) with very low infection numbers and none of our playgrounds are open.

I actually said I had heard that but added that I had no idea if it was accurate. 
Playgrounds have been open since the end of April in my state ??‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Continuing research goes with the sunlight does work:

https://www.coronavirustoday.com/natural-sunlight-rapidly-inactivates-sars-cov-2-coronavirus-surfaces

The virus is so new that something only a month or two old needs to be fact checked against the most recent data. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic