IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

I’ve watched and largely enjoyed Anne with an E by thinking of it as more fan fiction than a true rendition. 

I do find it’s exploration of trauma pretty interesting. Also, in certain lights the actress playing Anne looks a lot like Jill Duggar, which adds a layer for me. 

• Upvote 5

I didn’t see the original tweet but wouldn’t the best option be to delete it, apologise to Jinger and family privately and move on? But then I suppose nobody would be telling him how great he is ?

45F9FBAC-0807-4A14-80C1-28870198F567.png

• Thank You 1

My mum is rearranging her office room,which was my bedroom before. If she finds my Anne of Green Gables book, and I know she will because my youth books are mostly at my parents house, it seems that I should read it again so I can  join you in the conversation, I do not remember much of the book.  

ec19ef8f-0a23-4cf3-ac45-c62b11e3de26.png.b17c0704df1c9cb7d7c6e7b1c381e21f.png

Here the original post. I agree that it was a really bad taste. He should have known better is not like 5 years ago it was just last year! Damn Jeremy 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

I’ve been thinking about something and it’s sort of a tangent to this conversation. Recently, Jinger has stated that she is very close to Michelle and was very close to GM Mary. Jana also mentioned how much GM Mary did for their family over the years, including routinely coming over to make breakfast for the Duggars. I know we only see what TLC wants to show us;  DDS trips, stupid family competitions and trips, but for the life of me I don’t understand why they don’t show us the real relationships between family members if they exist. Wouldn’t fans rather see how Michelle interacts with her children and grandchildren vs a trip to the DDS? Does anyone at TLC have any common sense? Wouldn’t the viewer number rise if people actually saw the “real” relationships? Are these often referenced relationships really true? 

• Upvote 16

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve been thinking about something and it’s sort of a tangent to this conversation. Recently, Jinger has stated that she is very close to Michelle and was very close to GM Mary. Jana also mentioned how much GM Mary did for their family over the years, including routinely coming over to make breakfast for the Duggars. I know we only see what TLC wants to show us;  DDS trips, stupid family competitions and trips, but for the life of me I don’t understand why they don’t show us the real relationships between family members if they exist. Wouldn’t fans rather see how Michelle interacts with her children and grandchildren vs a trip to the DDS? Does anyone at TLC have any common sense? Wouldn’t the viewer number rise if people actually saw the “real” relationships? Are these often referenced relationships really true? 

I honestly don't think the Duggars, with a couple exceptions, have genuine relationships with each other, so there is nothing "real" to see. One, Michelle not only heavily relied on older siblings as other megafamilies also do, but she actively outsourced every aspect of her motherly duties to the max extent possible. She bragged about that being her goal...eventually 'working herself out of a job'. Two, Josh and their totally fucked up response to his actions just made the situation even worse. They simply don't know what a healthy family dynamic looks like...they don't know how to express affection to each other and when they do try, it comes off as stilted or super creepy (I'm looking at you, Boob).  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

There’s so many things that would definitely make for interesting tv. I really want to know how on earth they schedule things for the whole family especially now that so many kids are married and have in-laws. They mentioned having a family group text, but aren’t there usually limits on how many people can be in the group (like 12 on an iPhone?)? If you’re very busy and away from your phone and Michelle sends out a text asking if everyone if they’d like to come over on either Friday or Saturday night there could easily be 100+ messages in an hours time. Do they have a Family Google Calendar? Is there a rule (official or unofficial) that you must respond to events within a certain time frame? What happens if the Swansons or Barnett’s already scheduled something for their own families? I’d love some footage of how the married couples decide how much time to spend with their families. I know they never will show it, but I think discussions like this would be interesting: 

Josiah and Lauren: “your family is always filming! Why can’t we have Christmas with my family and no film crew this year?? Then my sisters can just hold and cuddle Bella and give her lots of attention because she’s the only baby and we won’t have to take another picture with her and all her same-aged cousins again. We can also eat off the nice china and no one in my family will lick the plates. 

Jinger and Jeremy: “You know I really love your family, babe, but I just don’t like being handed a plastic trash bag for all my gifts to go in on Christmas morning while everyone else is screaming and shouting and ignoring us. Why don’t we go to Pennsylvania this year where my parents can just focus on Felicity?” (I think some type of this conversation has taken place since I don’t think Jinger has been home for Christmas since she’s been married.)

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic