IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

On 8/18/2020 at 7:21 AM, justoneoftwo said:

In a weird way I think our society actually likes girls more, even if it likes women less. I gave 2  boys and hear often how people assume we wanted girls, or that girls are better for parents, or nicer or cuter. Most expecting parents I know who had a preference wanted girls. Maybe its just people I'm around, but I think it adds to why people like watching the girls more.

I have to agree ... I have two boys and pretty much got condolences each time. I would love a girl but I am very happy with my boys so I never really understood it 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I have to agree ... I have two boys and pretty much got condolences each time. I would love a girl but I am very happy with my boys so I never really understood it 

People are so gross. You have two (presumably) happy healthy boys. You deserve congratulations, not condolences. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, princessmahina said:

People are so gross. You have two (presumably) happy healthy boys. You deserve congratulations, not condolences. 

Thank you! I like them ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

I wonder what kind of a horror scenario JBoob created to the guys after going to Nepal and having Derick SCANDALOUSLY touch Jill in the "wrong" place. Which makes me feel fucking disgusting because the Duggars literally have a son that touched the absofuckinglutely worst places OF ALL.

Maybe Joe feared that? That he'd get sick temptations like Josh if he's not careful enough, a paranoia created partially by the restrictions of what he's been raised in? Like, it might very well not come just directly from JBoob and Michelle. Wasn't Joe the one that really used to admire Josh?

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

I wonder what kind of a horror scenario JBoob created to the guys after going to Nepal and having Derick SCANDALOUSLY touch Jill in the "wrong" place. Which makes me feel fucking disgusting because the Duggars literally have a son that touched the absofuckinglutely worst places OF ALL.

Maybe Joe feared that? That he'd get sick temptations like Josh if he's not careful enough, a paranoia created partially by the restrictions of what he's been raised in? Like, it might very well not come just directly from JBoob and Michelle. Wasn't Joe the one that really used to admire Josh?

Ugh. The thing that makes my stomach turn is I can imagine Joe having completely NORMAL sexual urges and fearing he’s like his pervert brother....approaching his parents with his fears he’s fallen from grace by THINKING about the opposite sex. Joe seems so innocent and sweet that he would take on the guilt of Josh’s disgusting nature. 
it really makes me think Kendra was the perfect match for Joe bc she also is just so pure hearted. 

• Upvote 22

This a cult that completley demonizes masturbation. It's a terrible sin that will turn you into a  lust crazed animal, etc, etc, etc. So Joe or any of the Duggar boys are going to just as demonized for seeking natural, healthy sexual release as Josh was for predatory behaviour. So unspeakably sad. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I wonder what kind of a horror scenario JBoob created to the guys after going to Nepal and having Derick SCANDALOUSLY touch Jill in the "wrong" place.

Was it her back? I don't remember that episode.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ever said:

Ugh. The thing that makes my stomach turn is I can imagine Joe having completely NORMAL sexual urges and fearing he’s like his pervert brother....approaching his parents with his fears he’s fallen from grace by THINKING about the opposite sex. Joe seems so innocent and sweet that he would take on the guilt of Josh’s disgusting nature. 
it really makes me think Kendra was the perfect match for Joe bc she also is just so pure hearted. 

I don’t like joken but I can’t help but like them together plus Kendra is my pet funny. It’s embarrassing. I think that Joe was probably under extra pressure with the pastors daughter. Also he seems like he just really want to “get it right” like he picked the perfect fundy wife, lives on the compound, is have back to back kids, is involved in the show, sells cars at the family dealership. I’d guess they are surprisingly happy so far as I think the lifestyle fits them but I think in a few more kids and they’re not 25 yet they start to wear down.

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, dolcez said:

Was it her back? I don't remember that episode.

He put his arm around her to put his hand on her shoulder, it was SO SCANDALS! :pearlclutch:

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I don’t like joken but I can’t help but like them together plus Kendra is my pet funny. It’s embarrassing. I think that Joe was probably under extra pressure with the pastors daughter. Also he seems like he just really want to “get it right” like he picked the perfect fundy wife, lives on the compound, is have back to back kids, is involved in the show, sells cars at the family dealership. I’d guess they are surprisingly happy so far as I think the lifestyle fits them but I think in a few more kids and they’re not 25 yet they start to wear down.

They are the ones who I could see hitting 12+ mega family status and still being relatively happy. They seem legitimately loving towards each other, and give off a partner vibe. She - so far- has easy pregnancies and births. As stated above he seems to really want to live the way he’s been taught, and she’s a preachers daughter. They also both seem very laid back and calm - which certainly would help.

Even more importantly though- they seem to have lots of support. They live on the compound, and can expand to have plenty of room for a horde with lots of running around room. And it will be very easy to send the kids over to the big house to play, get taught by Uncle Ben, spoiled by the Grandparents, or just watched by their many teen/young adult aunties and uncles. There are multiple cousins to play with, if Kendra needs help while she’s recovering from birth Or she and Joe need some time away, there are any number of people around help out. Including her own Parents,  who are young and nearby and raising little kids. They have far more built in safety valves than most couples, Even without turning older daughters into mini-moms. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 17

5 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

They are the ones who I could see hitting 12+ mega family status and still being relatively happy.

I can see this too.

Just want the world needs....another army of uneducated, brainwashed, (likely) unvaccinated people.

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

They are the ones who I could see hitting 12+ mega family status and still being relatively happy. They seem legitimately loving towards each other, and give off a partner vibe. She - so far- has easy pregnancies and births. As stated above he seems to really want to live the way he’s been taught, and she’s a preachers daughter. They also both seem very laid back and calm - which certainly would help.

Even more importantly though- they seem to have lots of support. They live on the compound, and can expand to have plenty of room for a horde with lots of running around room. And it will be very easy to send the kids over to the big house to play, get taught by Uncle Ben, spoiled by the Grandparents, or just watched by their many teen/young adult aunties and uncles. There are multiple cousins to play with, if Kendra needs help while she’s recovering from birth Or she and Joe need some time away, there are any number of people around help out. Including her own Parents,  who are young and nearby and raising little kids. They have far more built in safety valves than most couples, Even without turning older daughters into mini-moms. 

That is all very true. I think they naturally fit the fundy mold, which I mean if you gotta be brain washed good for them I guess. I do hope they care for their kids more than the OG Duggar’s. 

• Upvote 4

It' been discussed in the Bowers/Bontragers thread come there if you want 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

It' been discussed in the Bowers/Bontragers thread come there if you want 

I will look for that now! Tbh I have never ventured from the Duggar portion of the site! Lol 

• Upvote 1

I understand you, at first me too wasn't venturing very much out of the Duggar/bates part of. the site then a little bit a time I start branching out...

The photo discussion starts from here. Enjoy 

• Thank You 4

23 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

This a cult that completley demonizes masturbation. It's a terrible sin that will turn you into a  lust crazed animal, etc, etc, etc. So Joe or any of the Duggar boys are going to just as demonized for seeking natural, healthy sexual release as Josh was for predatory behaviour. So unspeakably sad. 

Many here would probably consider Focus on the Family fundie. While Dobson has some concerns, he points out that the Bible does not forbid masturbation: https://www.overcoming-lust.com/httpwww-overcoming-lust-comdr-james-dobsons-open-letter-masturbation/ .

• Upvote 3

On 6/24/2020 at 6:43 PM, lezajenda said:

Elizabeth Patton posted about such a road trip on her insta story. She's solidly duggar adjacent and imo on a short list of potential howler helpmeets, so it's possible some were there and are smart enough not to post about it.  

Honestly I think that post of hers bumped her up to my top guess for insufferable Jed.

Has anyone else seen that picture Elizabeth Patton posted? She's with Jeremiah and a few friends, though no Jed.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.

• Upvote 1

If her Instagram is public you can post, but you have to comment somehow, not just post the photo/s and stop, or you can say something like "Elisabeth has some interesting photos if you wanna see it this is her insta".

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Well, the dude that I assume be the father has a Jed! T-shirt on, and based just on the age it seems that is just the father sister and grandma. She seems to fit just right in with the Duggar from the jeans skirt to the long hair left down. I want to be cautious but it really seems suspicious of a possible getting to know you leading to a courtship soon 

• Upvote 6

The girl who is likely the sister looks a lot like Michelle! 
Edit: I asked if they were from Arkansas bc apparently I am too dense to comprehend the caption lol Sorry.

Edited by Ever

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Well, the dude that I assume be the father has a Jed! T-shirt on, and based just on the age it seems that is just the father sister and grandma. She seems to fit just right in with the Duggar from the jeans skirt to the long hair left down. I want to be cautious but it really seems suspicious of a possible getting to know you leading to a courtship soon 

Lol that’s her brother, Aaron! He was one of Austin’s groomsmen (Far left in picture I added) and based on his sisters’ ig birthday wishes he’s 21. The other girl is Lydia their older sister and i’m pretty sure that’s their grandma.

Spoiler

E4E75EE8-6C08-4B00-8EEE-68B46169D905.jpeg.b42217207f944c85269d6fc1eef69739.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Oops my bad ? I was so sure he was the father ? 

Anyway I think now that baby girl Forsythe is here and the news is out on the media, I think we will hear something from the boys pretty quickly. Maybe at the start of September in time for the end season ep 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic