IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

Looking at that picture, just reminds me how much space the Duggars wasted. That whole middle section could have been rooms upstairs. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Looking at that picture, just reminds me how much space the Duggars wasted. That whole middle section could have been rooms upstairs. 

Yes. I know why they did it, but honestly they should have had at least rooms for the big girls,  little girls, big boys and little guys. Jana would have her own room now, maybe even her own suite. They could have had some privacy. But I guess that's the point, no privacy. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

And little kids by themselves might lead to Michelle having to mom and not rely on buddy teams.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:40 PM, WhoompThereItIs said:

I've seen it posted a few times but can't seem to find it. Can someone re-post the floorplan of the Duggar's house? I'm playing the Sims 4, and wanted to build their house in the game. Thanks!

https://images.app.goo.gl/7gRMz3M29rWgxu1y6

Here’s a link to their floor plan.

I made an amazing Duggar Sims house years ago - back when all but Josh were at home. Using the same square footage and basic design, but no stupid open air space with terrifying staircase! - I had the kitchen living, laundry and parents with little kids up through Jackson all downstairs with a playroom, school room and separate suite for Grandma ( with her own entrance and sitting room. Upstairs I had a section for the Howlers up through Josiah and Joy  with a rec room, music are, study area - and another section with a living room , small kitchen and all the older kids Rooms, even a guest room for Josh and family.  With the same square footage each child had their own small room, bathrooms for every 2 -3 people, and communal Hang out spaces that were age appropriate. It’s a shame that they wasted all that great space. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Honestly, even if they did what the Bates' did.  They don't have bedrooms for every kid but for every few kids.  Every bedroom can accommodate 2-4 kids.   I think the most is the big girls room which originally had Erin/Michaella, Tori and Josie or Carlin.  I think Alyssa and one of the other older girls had the only 2 person bedroom (which I want to know the story behind that.)  The 3 oldest boys at home have another room.  I get a little fuzzy on the middle and younger boys.  I think as the older girls left the little girls took over the bigger girls' room.  The Duggars could have easily split Jinger and Jessa into their own room.  They would have loved it.  No to mention have the older boys in another.  There's no reason for all of that accountability.  SMH

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think Alyssa and one of the other older girls had the only 2 person bedroom (which I want to know the story behind that.) 

Alyssa needed quiet supposedly because she had migraines from the noise.  Definitely she was the least tolerant of the noisy environment of all the kids.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Alyssa needed quiet supposedly because she had migraines from the noise.  Definitely she was the least tolerant of the noisy environment of all the kids.

I think Alyssa shared that room with Katie? Josie? One of the younger girls. Who had the same sorts of noise /chaos aversions. So it’s nice they at least kept those kind of things in mind.

The Duggar house is gigantic. It’s just weird the lack of any privacy. Kids don’t all need their own rooms, obviously, but if you have all that space and resources, you’d think you’d at least break it into older / younger boys/girls. Or a few sitting room nooks. Something. As someone who raised a largish  family in crowded conditions - it irks me they are so careless of their kids as people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

The Duggar house is gigantic. It’s just weird the lack of any privacy. Kids don’t all need their own rooms, obviously, but if you have all that space and resources, you’d think you’d at least break it into older / younger boys/girls. 

If you look at the Nelson family, they have 16 kids and also built their own house. (There's a thread on them here, somewhere.) The kids who need their own rooms have their own rooms. Some of the kids share. The younger girls have kind of an interesting set up, with a loft and some rooms that all open into a common area for playing.  It's so very different from the Duggars and the Duggar way of life, yet the Nelsons are also very religious. 

So it is possible to make a house that gives upteen children enough space to sleep comfortably. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On 7/12/2020 at 10:15 PM, VBOY9977 said:

You forgot Jinger is pregnant as well.

I think a couple of pregnancies could be announced around September. By bet is on Jessa and Kendra. I could see Jed or Jer announcing courtships before the end of the season. 

I don’t have a good overview when it comes to Jessa’s spacing, but wouldn’t it be very early to announce yet another pregnancy? 

29 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

So it is possible to make a house that gives upteen children enough space to sleep comfortably. 

It is possible, no doubt. But privacy goes against the Duggar’s cultish belief system. 

2 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I don’t have a good overview when it comes to Jessa’s spacing, but wouldn’t it be very early to announce yet another pregnancy? 

No, Ivy’s 13 months old, and I think the boys were 15 months apart. There was a longer gap before Ivy.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

She announced her 2nd pregnancy when Spurgeon was 9 months old and her 3rd when Henry was 1 year and 11 months old. I pictured her announcing somewhere in between those numbers for her 4th pregnancy. Ivy will be 14 months old in a few days. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

It is possible, no doubt. But privacy goes against the Duggar’s cultish belief system. 

It's possible to have virtually no privacy without everyone in the literally same room (and for some of the girls, the same bed). The Duggars weren't motivated or smart enough to realize the importance of sleep hygiene, though. If Jim Bob snores, some of the kids likely snore. Do any of them need CPAP machines? Michelle would never know, she's too busy being joyfully available and leaving Jana in charge. I would be so unhappy even visiting the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6

The Duggar house design is based on three principles - it was cheap, it was half-assed, and they don’t trust their kids. They bought two Sears home kits and stuck them together. I don’t know how much impact that had on the floor plan, but I imagine it did limit the extra materials available to build walls or lofts. They did as much DIY work as they could muster, then grifted the rest of the labor, so not much tolerance for extra work. Then they chose to keep the boys and girls separated and under watchful eyes because the kids are all guilty of Josh’s transgressions (except Josh, of course).

• Upvote 16

I’ve been wondering when they’ll give the house a cosmetic makeover. It’s starting to look pretty dated and the girls all seem to like the Joanna Gaines look (love it or hate it, it would brighten up at that big area in the middle if they did away with the browns and neutrals and went with white or gray and black accents).

• Upvote 8

32 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve been wondering when they’ll give the house a cosmetic makeover. It’s starting to look pretty dated and the girls all seem to like the Joanna Gaines look (love it or hate it, it would brighten up at that big area in the middle if they did away with the browns and neutrals and went with white or gray and black accents).

The brown and neutrals hide the dirt though and since the Duggars are lazy af and don’t seem to do much proper cleaning, I think they’ll stick to the drab colors. They have a lot of traffic and anything white would look awful within a week or two. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

The brown and neutrals hide the dirt though and since the Duggars are lazy af and don’t seem to do much proper cleaning, I think they’ll stick to the drab colors. They have a lot of traffic and anything white would look awful within a week or two. 

I think the browns and neutrals are smart for the main part of the house. They do still have about 8? 10? Kids at home, and whatever their many, many other  flaws in parenting and home design - they do let the kids run  around outside and get dirty and ride bikes and play in the garden ( well, if Jana doesn’t have a stroke trying to keep it nice ) And the work they do with the houses and rentals is physical. Some nice bright throw pillows or wall art would be nice - but I’m glad they aren’t the type of parents who try to keep things spotless with kids - even older kids. Especially as “thou shalt obey!” As they are.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Erin Bates Paine has redecorated her mother's house how many times at this point?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

She announced her 2nd pregnancy when Spurgeon was 9 months old and her 3rd when Henry was 1 year and 11 months old. I pictured her announcing somewhere in between those numbers for her 4th pregnancy. Ivy will be 14 months old in a few days. 

Henry was 2 yrs and 3 months (or 27 months) when Ivy was born. Did Jessa wait until she was 5 months PG before she announced with Ivy? I can’t remember. I thought she had announced around the holidays.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Henry was 2 yrs and 3 months (or 27 months) when Ivy was born. Did Jessa wait until she was 5 months PG before she announced with Ivy? I can’t remember. I thought she had announced around the holidays.

She announced in January. It was later than usual because she had the same due date as SiRen's Asa, and then Ivy came a couple weeks early. 

Edited by EmiSue
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She announced at exactly 19 weeks of pregnancy, so yes, se waited quite a bit.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1

I wondered what that was in the background a few of their posts ago. 
it shits me to say it, as I don’t like them. But darn that’s pretty cool. He did an awesome job. It’s a great idea. I would love something like that (if I needed a tree taken down). It will be awesome to use as a photo measuring tool over the years. Eg look he has reached a new letter... I hate giving them credit. But I do like it. 

0F040D16-DDDA-49B0-8388-718ABB5A60A2.png

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Why are adult brothers sharing a bedroom in a house they live in alone????? It’s just so... 

image.jpeg

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wondered what that was in the background a few of their posts ago. 
it shits me to say it, as I don’t like them. But darn that’s pretty cool. He did an awesome job. It’s a great idea. I would love something like that (if I needed a tree taken down). It will be awesome to use as a photo measuring tool over the years. Eg look he has reached a new letter... I hate giving them credit. But I do like it. 

0F040D16-DDDA-49B0-8388-718ABB5A60A2.png

That’s really cool looking.

on the Bachelor Pad - I understood the no furniture as they said they had just moved in that week, plus I’m sure they’ll want to use it for one of their bossy big sister comes to decorate episodes (although the Jana Jessa team does a great job- it would be annoying AF while it was happening ) .

I HATE the overly obvious “ us men folk can’t cook” storylines though - especially as in other episodes they will casually mention that John or James or Jamacho or whatever J son makes great spaghetti, or bakes the best bread or whatever. Understandably when you have that many people some would like to cook and some wouldn’t - but it’s dumb to hi-light the sex stereotypes when they don’t even follow them. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s really cool looking.

on the Bachelor Pad - I understood the no furniture as they said they had just moved in that week, plus I’m sure they’ll want to use it for one of their bossy big sister comes to decorate episodes (although the Jana Jessa team does a great job- it would be annoying AF while it was happening ) .

I HATE the overly obvious “ us men folk can’t cook” storylines though - especially as in other episodes they will casually mention that John or James or Jamacho or whatever J son makes great spaghetti, or bakes the best bread or whatever. Understandably when you have that many people some would like to cook and some wouldn’t - but it’s dumb to hi-light the sex stereotypes when they don’t even follow them. 

Also— it doesn’t look good for Jed that he can’t live alone, sleep alone, or cook himself anything to eat. He looks utterly incompetent at life— why would anyone vote for him? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic