IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

On 9/26/2020 at 12:09 AM, marmalade said:

Their friends have been fooled before. This account isn't following anybody. I would be more inclined to believe it's legit if some actual Duggars followed it.

Wasn't that the same with the Justin account? It's been active for awhile and most folks believed it was a fake, but it turned out to be legit. Personally I'm more inclined to believe that the accounts with reposted pictures from other accounts are more likely to be fake. Besides, it's better to follow it before they have a chance to go private.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Has anyone watched Jana's pineapple video? She calls over James to try the pineapple. He's walking past with a girl, who Jana never refers to by name or even acknowledges, and we just see her disembodied arm reach on screen to grab some pineapple *adjusts tinhat* 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Has anyone watched Jana's pineapple video? She calls over James to try the pineapple. He's walking past with a girl, who Jana never refers to by name or even acknowledges, and we just see her disembodied arm reach on screen to grab some pineapple *adjusts tinhat*

I watched it in slow motion and I'm inclined to think that it was Jennifer. I'm pretty sure I've seen her wear that dress before.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Why is James carrying an American flag on a pole through the house? I suppose he had reasons. The video is nice enough. Sometimes I wish I had nothing better to do than play in my greenhouse. It featured this eye-rollingly dumb bit of dialogue:

Jana: “It’s too bad they don’t grow good.” (It’s “well,” Jana, and it’s because they’re tropical plants and you live in the Ozarks.)

James: “Yeah, I heard every 200 years.” Imagine the vast pineapple fields required to keep Walmart in stock if they produced a pineapple every 200 years.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19

41 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I watched it in slow motion and I'm inclined to think that it was Jennifer. I'm pretty sure I've seen her wear that dress before.

oh damn you're right, I didn't notice the dress. Sorry everyone, false alarm!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Why is James carrying an American flag on a pole through the house? I suppose he had reasons. The video is nice enough. Sometimes I wish I had nothing better to do than play in my greenhouse. It featured this eye-rollingly dumb bit of dialogue:

Jana: “It’s too bad they don’t grow good.” (It’s “well,” Jana, and it’s because they’re tropical plants and you live in the Ozarks.)

James: “Yeah, I heard every 200 years.” Imagine the vast pineapple fields required to keep Walmart in stock if they produced a pineapple every 200 years.

As I apparently have absolutely NO life, I looked this up. They may have been talking about it taking gardeners 200 years to learn to grow pineapples in a green house. Since Jana has a greenhouse. The phrasing is kind of off, but the audio wasn’t that great. 

Edited by Mama Mia
Edited because mY phrasing made it sound like I also thought pineapples take 200 years to grow
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

52 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

As I apparently have absolutely NO life, I looked this up. They may have been talking about it taking gardeners 200 years to learn to grow pineapples in a green house. Since Jana has a greenhouse. The phrasing is kind of off, but the audio wasn’t that great. 

I have know life either and my googling powers failed to work that out despite my best efforts ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, marmalade said:

I just checked the Insta again to are if any Duggars started following. 

Nope. 

No announcements from anyone either, which usually happens when a new Duggar joins social media.

When Justin joined none of the Duggars followed him- until he announced his courtship three months later. Only family friends were following him and a few eagle-eyed leghumpers.

I think it's legit.

ETA: Whoops, didn't see the posts after yours... looks like I'm beating a dead horse!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Well, Jed! is following that account now...so is an announcement of some sort imminent? ?

I wonder do they purposely do this to throw hints out. It's like they're trying to prove to the world, they have an interesting life....only when there's a relationship.?

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 7

We're discussing this in Bontrager thread, but some of the Duggars were at the Bontrager camp. Michelle, JB, and at least four of their younger children. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I don’t follow the Bontragers at all. Do they have single daughters of marriable age (over 17 apparently)?

No, they don't. The oldest single Bontrager daughter is 16, but turns 17 in December (Elizabeth Bontrager). So close, actually. Probably the age where Justin was pre-courting. They have a 20 year old single boy (Denver), an 18 year old single boy (Lincoln), a 16 year old single girl (Elizabeth), a nearly 15 year old boy (Hudson) and a 13 year old girl (Rebecca). 

Here is info about the family: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Bontrager_Family

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

No, they don't. The oldest single Bontrager daughter is 16, but turns 17 in December (Elizabeth Bontrager). So close, actually. Probably the age where Justin was pre-courting. They have a 20 year old single boy (Denver), an 18 year old single boy (Lincoln), a 16 year old single girl (Elizabeth), a nearly 15 year old boy (Hudson) and a 13 year old girl (Rebecca). 

Here is info about the family: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Bontrager_Family

I actually feel squeamish typing this, but I wonder if they are shopping for future prospects for Hannie.   She will be 15 next month.  In a few years a three year, or even five year age gap won't make that big of a difference.  Joy and Austin are over four years apart and Jinger and Jeremy are six years apart.    

Plus, Hannie has shown some past streaks of individualism that we know must be squelched at all costs.    

• Sad 9

Lincoln Bontrager would age appropriate and a catch for Hannie: I believe he's the one who won loads of money at the Bible Bee. Denver's got a girlfriend. But for a Duggar girl, a Bontrager boy is out of the frying pan into the fire: same values, same beliefs, same endless pregnancies. Better food.

• Upvote 13

I hate saying this but I think Jim Boob does give any future courtships for Hannie a lot of thought. Especially, with what has gone down with Jill and Derrick. I think Hannies courtship will be more JB supervised and approved than her sisters. I don't see Hannie being given as much leeway as Jana to remain single. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9

32 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I hate saying this but I think Jim Boob does give any future courtships for Hannie a lot of thought. Especially, with what has gone down with Jill and Derrick. I think Hannies courtship will be more JB supervised and approved than her sisters. I don't see Hannie being given as much leeway as Jana to remain single. 

Which would make a courtship with a Bontager even more likely since they are drenched in the koolaid and I can't see any of them breaking away from the cult. Also, the penis worshipping in that family is even worse compared to the Duggars so I don't see any Bontrager son would allow a wife as much freedom or even an equal relationship like Jill and Derrick seem to have.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I actually feel squeamish typing this, but I wonder if they are shopping for future prospects for Hannie.   She will be 15 next month.  In a few years a three year, or even five year age gap won't make that big of a difference.  Joy and Austin are over four years apart and Jinger and Jeremy are six years apart.    

Plus, Hannie has shown some past streaks of individualism that we know must be squelched at all costs.

The fact that this is even a discussion is incredibly disturbing. But it's probably not just Hannie they're shopping for. I imagine they've got feelers and eyes out for all 4 of the little girls future spouses... ?

• I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

The fact that this is even a discussion is incredibly disturbing. But it's probably not just Hannie they're shopping for. I imagine they've got feelers and eyes out for all 4 of the little girls future spouses... ?

Sounds like there are enough Bontragers for at least two of the Lost Girls.  And like previous posters said, Jim Bob and Michelle absolutely do not want another Jill and Derick Dillard 2.0 situation on their hands.  So they are going to double down big time on the next courtships.  Jim Bob will make sure they are as airtight as a sealed Tupperware bowl.     

And let's not forget that Jennifer, the veterinarian wanna-be who has appeared surly and over it since Day One, has always been on everyone's radar as a potential flight risk.  And she was one of Jill's buddies to boot.  That factor alone puts a target on poor Jenni's back.   

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 10
  • I Agree 1

On 9/24/2020 at 3:22 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not sure where to put this. Madison Nicole Crane is longterm Duggar friend. In her Instagram stories (of her personal account), she is spreading lies about Breonna Taylor.

Breonna was sleeping. She was EMT, a more usual, essential member of the community than any of the Duggars and their friends. The cops entered her appartment using a "no-knock" warrant. She died while sleeping. 

She claims to belong to a group called the "Freedomists". Joy and Austin also like this group. Doesn't Breonna deserve the freedom to live? To be alive?

How dare you, Madison Nicole defame a murdered woman?  If it were you, we would protest.. May God school you in ignorance, you miserable, hypocritical human being! 

I am in no way justifying the killing of Breonna Taylor. Politifact does report that she was not asleep in bed. Again, I am not saying that her death is justified ONLY that she did not die while sleeping according to a reliable fact-checker. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/sep/25/fact-checking-claims-about-breonna-taylors-death/

Edited by nolongerIFBx
taking "but" out because that sounds like an excuse
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I am in no way justifying the killing of Breonna Taylor. Politifact does report that she was not asleep in bed. Again, I am not saying that her death is justified ONLY that she did not die while sleeping according to a reliable fact-checker. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/sep/25/fact-checking-claims-about-breonna-taylors-death/

Thank you for correcting this. I wish people would try and learn the facts of this story before talking about it. The facts are bad enough. Not bothering to get the story correct only allows other to dismiss all the fair criticisms that there are. 

Both Kenneth Walker and Taylor's lawyers have stated she was in the hallway when she died. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 5/24/2020 at 10:09 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Is the second book aimed at all ages or just teens also? I have a four year old. 
edit. Der I just re read and saw the word “little”

lol answered my own question. 

The "How to Talk..." book is great. And it's really, really hard to do. Unless I'm the only one that has a hard time shutting up.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:46 AM, HeartsAFundie said:

Sounds like there are enough Bontragers for at least two of the Lost Girls.  And like previous posters said, Jim Bob and Michelle absolutely do not want another Jill and Derick Dillard 2.0 situation on their hands.  So they are going to double down big time on the next courtships.  Jim Bob will make sure they are as airtight as a sealed Tupperware bowl.   

Jim Bob seems to value keeping control and money, but I wonder which is priority #1? If gen 2 mostly stay part of The Family and have lots more lil' Duggars that will be very expensive for JB. As much as a payout to Jill would have pissed him off, I wonder if he'll be less controlling in 5 or 10 years time when the budget is more stretched. If most of the second gen families end up with 10+ children and need homes, vehicles and food budgets to accommodate them, maybe JB will let some of the younger kids slip through his fingers?

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Jim Bob seems to value keeping control and money, but I wonder which is priority #1? If gen 2 mostly stay part of The Family and have lots more lil' Duggars that will be very expensive for JB. As much as a payout to Jill would have pissed him off, I wonder if he'll be less controlling in 5 or 10 years time when the budget is more stretched. If most of the second gen families end up with 10+ children and need homes, vehicles and food budgets to accommodate them, maybe JB will let some of the younger kids slip through his fingers?

Someone who claims to be former IBLP and Jana's former JTTH roommate is in one of the facebook groups doing a tell all (am I allowed to say what group?) and according to her, JB is about control control control. Kinda fits, I mean the man loves his almighty dollar but he seemed perfectly content with his large cult following, headship worshipping family before the show when they were poor, too. 

• Upvote 19

• Coconut Flan locked this topic