IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Also— it doesn’t look good for Jed that he can’t live alone, sleep alone, or cook himself anything to eat. He looks utterly incompetent at life— why would anyone vote for him? 

Jesus- pro-fetus- pro gun

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Went onto the duggar fam insta to stalk pecan thief’s page for Nurie pics. (Couldn’t remember their insta name). They no longer follow the wallers.  Looks like they have done a big cull. I think they followed about 40 before and now they are at 23. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Bates fam have gone from the duggar insta. Looks like only family and some  “businesses”

• Thank You 2

Maybe they were sick of “ooh, they’re following x but not y” comments so they’re sticking to family and causes everyone knows they support.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, princessmahina said:

Also— it doesn’t look good for Jed that he can’t live alone, sleep alone, or cook himself anything to eat. He looks utterly incompetent at life— why would anyone vote for him? 

That’s a good point. If you’re trying to convince people to vote for a 21 year old - you’d think you wouldn’t want to shout to the world that he’s really young 21. Especially the shared bedroom, that just looks like he’s in his first year at a dorm.

They could have really spun that SO much better.  

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, SassyPants said:

Jesus- pro-fetus- pro gun

I dunno. I’m pro gun and I sure as hell wouldn’t vote for him lol He has about two decades of real life living to do before he should even entertain politics. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ever said:

I dunno. I’m pro gun and I sure as hell wouldn’t vote for him lol He has about two decades of real life living to do before he should even entertain politics. 

I don't think being young should preclude you from running for political office. I think being an uneducated buffoon should but being a young adult doesn't bother me. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't think being young should preclude you from running for political office. I think being an uneducated buffoon should but being a young adult doesn't bother me. 

By saying he needs a couple decades of real life living, I wasn’t really referring to his age but more he’s living an extremely sheltered, fairy land type of life. I’d prefer to vote for someone who has lived in the real world and has a grasp of what life is all about....not a man who bunks w his brother and sees nothing wrong with that. I think it would take Jed decades before he truly could grow into a normal person (and I feel like that’s generous). 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

Ok this was a thread drift ages ago in god knows what thread. But today, I finally got my hands on some mojito mint. My local Bunnings had some. I also got apple, chocolate peppermint and spearmint!  I’m totally minty about it. Continue on with the snark... 

4BF69426-6F2A-46F3-AC4E-C4157DD97C0C.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • Love 9

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok this was a thread drift ages ago in god knows what thread. But today, I finally got my hands on some mojito mint. My local Bunnings had some. I also got apple, chocolate peppermint and spearmint!  I’m totally minty about it. Continue on with the snark... 

4BF69426-6F2A-46F3-AC4E-C4157DD97C0C.jpeg

I just planted a bunch of different mints, because I had a patch of flower bed that, of course, I could see right when I looked out my kitchen window, that my dog loved to pee in, and the acid from her urine killed most of the plants growing there. Anyhow, I was told that mint stands up well to pee, and it appears to be true. Happy planting! ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Not to hijack the thread but is a couple of days I wanted to post something and this seems like a good place to do it...so, you know when the young fundie men say that he has prayed a lot, God to send him a wife or something along the line? Well I always envision it as something like this ? ?

Screenshot_20200611-092006.thumb.jpg.8c19b0a8eb5ceb168f5da963677233e3.jpgScreenshot_20200609-220918.thumb.jpg.3ec2e3d24c67c18f5b1f71a5e361851d.jpgScreenshot_20200609-220922.thumb.jpg.31c043b4ff4b3e462d96d51b26c3be3f.jpg

Screenshot_20200609-220920.jpg

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Haha 3

On 7/24/2020 at 6:49 AM, Mama Mia said:

That’s really cool looking.

on the Bachelor Pad - I understood the no furniture as they said they had just moved in that week, plus I’m sure they’ll want to use it for one of their bossy big sister comes to decorate episodes (although the Jana Jessa team does a great job- it would be annoying AF while it was happening ) .

I HATE the overly obvious “ us men folk can’t cook” storylines though - especially as in other episodes they will casually mention that John or James or Jamacho or whatever J son makes great spaghetti, or bakes the best bread or whatever. Understandably when you have that many people some would like to cook and some wouldn’t - but it’s dumb to hi-light the sex stereotypes when they don’t even follow them. 

"Jamacho" is my new favorite generic Duggar male name. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So today is Jenny's bday she is 13 crazy to think that in 5 years she could start a getting to know you phase with some GYM 

The family throw her a party, this seems like the most detailed happy birthday message that I have read in the last few years

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 11

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jenny favors Jana in that photo! 

I think she looks like Jeremiah, and yeah I had to google which twin that was because I can't ever remember which one is which. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

She has an actual smile! I wonder if it's because she didn't have to go get the chocolate mess ??

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16

Wow, I can’t believe Jenni is already 13! She looks so much like Jana in the first pic.

Also, it looks like those pics were taken in Big Sandy... I believe they went ahead and had the conference last week, but I’m not sure what the attendance was like or anything. Of my old ATI/IBLP friends, I only saw one person who posted a few things on Instagram about it.

• Upvote 7

She looks sooo much like Jana! So pretty much all the youngest Duggar daughters are headed into adolescence. Crazy how time flies!

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

On 7/24/2020 at 2:26 PM, princessmahina said:

and what was the crack about "can't share the utility bill with your wife..." 

Uh - sure you can. Not like she can't ALSO pay for the electric bill. But she might not be down with your brother also living there...(at least note in the beginning "OMG - we're ALONE" stage...) 

• Upvote 4

Those two remind me of twins I went to school with. Once one of my friends asked one of them for a date.

Well, sie wasn't really thrilled when he also brought his brother along.

• Haha 5

Wow, what a beautiful girl Jenni is! The only person I've ever seen adolescence agree with - she looks really at ease in her skin, which tbh I never thought she did as a child. She's always come over as quite unhappy and awkward to me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm glad Jenni's passage into her teens hasn't included a Gothard approved home perm.

Old Bill getting dethroned by Gil Bates and co did save a lot of girls from suffering hair atrocities.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic