IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That was at a Christmas party, well before Covid.

Mary Ella is sitting up in this photo. At Christmas she would have only been 4 weeks old, so this is a far more recent photo. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Do we know how Duggars feel about vaccines? I've seen some Dugg adjacent people promoting antivaxx and/or home cure "oil" type things.

Does Arkansas require vaccines for public schools? If so, we know at least Jill does.

Arkansas allows religious & philosophical exemptions from vaccines. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

56 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Damn. Guess we don't know then.

I'm almost positive that Derelict said that his kids are vaccinated.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Do we know how Duggars feel about vaccines? I've seen some Dugg adjacent people promoting antivaxx and/or home cure "oil" type things.

Does Arkansas require vaccines for public schools? If so, we know at least Jill does.

The original Duggar’s had vaccinations, at least basic ones, they had some episode where they were either talking about it, or taking the kids to get them. Not sure about chicken pox? It seems like there was also an episode where some of the kids had them? But I believe that’s one their oldest kids wouldn’t have received shots for, because it wasn’t a thing yet, and the toddlers maybe wouldn’t have gotten the shots yet? Vague recollection here. 

I don’t know if the 2nd generation vaccinates. I think Kendra?s family doesn’t. Possibly a mix of beliefs on that score. 

It does make me curious about the HPV vaccine - I would imagine they are opposed, its part of the regular schedule in CA for 6th grade, don’t know about Arkansas. 

As to the social distancing - they may be like most people - were stricter about it the first few months and have expanded their germ pod to some extended family members or friends recently.  Even in super strict California, they have some swim lessons, restaurants, gyms, learning pods, day care, etc back open..

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6

I don’t think the Duggars were ever that bothered about Covid precautions-Anna slipped up by showing family night early on and they attended the Caldwells church with no social distancing. TLC clearly made a thing about its stars under lockdown so the Duggars went along for show as no doubt TLC would have declined to show them carrying on as normal.

They could have been honest and said a) Arkansas law isn’t as strict band b) we follow the Trump ‘science’ but being honest was never their thing, especially if cash is involved. 

• Upvote 14

31 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t think the Duggars were ever that bothered about Covid precautions-Anna slipped up by showing family night early on and they attended the Caldwells church with no social distancing. TLC clearly made a thing about its stars under lockdown so the Duggars went along for show as no doubt TLC would have declined to show them carrying on as normal.

They could have been honest and said a) Arkansas law isn’t as strict band b) we follow the Trump ‘science’ but being honest was never their thing, especially if cash is involved. 

It seems like it would be complicated on a family compound like that. Don’t Josh & Joe and their families live on the property? And then most of the guys work for some Duggar business where they were probably in contact? Joy and Austin seem to be far enough away- but they were also the most blatantly unconcerned. How far apart geographically are all these households, anyone know? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Mary Ella is sitting up in this photo. At Christmas she would have only been 4 weeks old, so this is a far more recent photo. 

Sorry. Different kids, different party, different photo. A photo of two of the grandchildren playing piano at the Christmas party was recently posted on the Justin/Claire thread because Claire was in the background.

• Thank You 2

JinJer's church is making a huge fuss about meeting in person and indoors with no social distancing or masks. You're not seeing them post about it, but I doubt Jeremy could get away with not attending in person since he is going to their seminary and staying in a church-owned house.

They clearly know how to toe the TLC line just so in order to keep the money flowing.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1

Apologies if this has been posted before, but Jeremiah Duggar seems to have an insta. Judging from the people who follow it (Cooper Dauer, the Hartonos), it looks legitimate. Next courtship?

B9A8B271-CBF2-46E8-8E81-418034C67159.jpeg

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Apologies if this has been posted before, but Jeremiah Duggar seems to have an insta. Judging from the people who follow it (Cooper Dauer, the Hartonos), it looks legitimate. Next courtship?

Well if it is a sign of a pending courtship, it's about damn time!  Dude's already 21...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 24

20 minutes ago, donnal said:

Well if it is a sign of a pending courtship, it's about damn time!  Dude's already 21...

And the attractive Duggar is finally biting the dust. He's looking more like Joe every day.

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jana and Jason both have Instagrams, but no courtships.

True, and your post got me thinking. They have instagrams and they either have a business or are starting one.  Jer Bob has a license for a business called Learn to Fly Here.  Is this his website?

http://learntoflyspringdale.com

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, donnal said:

But is he a pilot? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

30 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

But is he a pilot? 

yes he is. 

(Sorry I can't tell if you're joking.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, donnal said:

Just wondering if it is legit why the German words on it? 

• Bless Your Heart 1

6 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Their friends have been fooled before. This account isn't following anybody. I would be more inclined to believe it's legit if some actual Duggars followed it.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, sansan said:

That is just probably because the FreeJinger member who took the caption and shared it with us has his/her phone language settings in German. Most apps nowadays just sync with your phone's language settings automatically upon download.

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

yes he is. 

(Sorry I can't tell if you're joking.)

Yes I was. :) after I posted I was like oh I forgot the lol. Then I thought ah well people will or won’t chuckle. Lol 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

That is just probably because the FreeJinger member who took the caption and shared it with us has his/her phone language settings in German. Most apps nowadays just sync with your phone's language settings automatically upon download.

Exactly ?.

Good point about there being no Duggars among his followers. Still a lot of familiar names, though: David Keller, the Andreggs, Joe Xiques. Must be weird living in a world where even your friends and acquaintances fall for fake instas...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, sansan said:

Cause you see the accounts in your own language (unless you change your language settings. I, for instance, am German but chose to have my phone and laptop use English).

If you log onto Twitter or Instagram and your device is set to show you everything in German, Spanish, or whatever, then that’s how you’ll read the apps. This makes it easier for people with all kinds of mother tongues to access various apps. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Exactly ?.

Good point about there being no Duggars among his followers. Still a lot of familiar names, though: David Keller, the Andreggs, Joe Xiques. Must be weird living in a world where even your friends and acquaintances fall for fake instas...

Yeah would you not shoot them a text and ask them?????  Hey you get insta???

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I just checked the Insta again to are if any Duggars started following. 

Nope. 

No announcements from anyone either, which usually happens when a new Duggar joins social media.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic