IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 3: Feminine Racism

AmericanRose

Do you want kids? 

More than anything! I wish I had some right now. 

Hmmmmm. Truth, or giving the only 'approved' answer?

Edit:

Do you use birth control? 

No. I did when I first got married, and I think it's the biggest regret of my life. The pill was really hard on my hormonal system and it's taken awhile to get all systems back online if you know what I mean... 

1. I can't believe someone asked that.
2. I can't believe she answered.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4

So in her newest vlog her husbear is driving while holding a phone to his ear. Also; is he always in a bad mood?

She has been baking something (it does look delicious I must say), tastes it and then very slowly licks the chocolate of her thumb/fingers? Why does everything have to be so (wannabe) seductive? Just be...you, that is great and enough!

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Haha 1

Ok so I'm bored at home and not really paying attention at work due to nausea (thanks morning sickness, you jerk), so I decided to watch. 

I can't really watch people make food and eat right now (especially eggs UGH), so I skipped that chunk. 

Her little "It's great having an intelligent dog who's loyal" makes me really truly believe she's reading either here or reddit (Hi Cait- please put your dog on a leash when you let it outside!). 

It was interesting to see her address her house once being up for sale, and she seems more idk genuine when she was doing her makeup. I do love the idea of shopping for a signature scent- my mom had one until it was no longer made and it was fun going to the perfume counter with her when she would grab a new bottle. However, Cait's story about her experience with this seems to really support the "Not Like Other Girls" vibes- she didn't want wear traditionally feminine accessories, or be "high maintenance" when she was younger. Now that fashion has drifted into a more androgynous state, I can definitely see her "Not Like Other Girls" beliefs shift with it. 

Her laugh still sounds incredibly put on though. 

Skipped a lot of the gardening because I was bored. Skipped her cooking because again ?

Husbear needs to keep both hands on the wheel you are in a LOT WITH A BUNCH OF NEW CARS OMG

Again, skipped food bits

The rug they bought- it doesn't go with their decor at all? I'm so confused.

Also Harley always looks terrified when she goes into pet her- her ears immediately go back and she retreats into herself. Was she a rescue? 

All in all- couldn't watch much because it was mostly food and really banal watching her just shovel dirt into pots. 

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 4

Imagine going around your house all day looking like bargain bin Serena Joy and mindlessly humming while touting the benefits off crisp bed sheets... then having the audacity to think you’re so much better than all those awful career women who are ‘wasting’ their maternal nurturing on others while you valiantly plant shrubs and cook chuck roast. You can’t convince me that being at the mercy of a man is a happy existence. I hope that any money she makes off of her social media goes into her own bank account. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

The rug they bought- it doesn't go with their decor at all? I'm so confused.

i agree! the old rug fit so much better, she is the type to see a good deal and HAVE to buy it.

edit: i know she said it was because of Harley's puppy years but I meant the style of the previous carpet fit better than the new one

Edited by mymelody

21 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

No. I did when I first got married, and I think it's the biggest regret of my life. The pill was really hard on my hormonal system and it's taken awhile to get all systems back online if you know what I mean... 

I'm sorry but this sounds like some pseudoscience BS to me. "Biggest regret of my life"... "get all systems back online if you know what I mean"... huh? Unless what she's referring to moodiness and depression, which is a side effect some women get, it just sounds like the typical argument fundies use that birth control is not natural and is bad because what if God wants to give you a baby *right now*? I hate when they also try to imply that hormonal birth control could permanently reduce your ability to have children, which it doesn't, as a scare tactic. Blech. I hope this is just her vague way of hinting at mood problems lol. Otherwise "biggest regret of my life" is way overdramatic and fear-mongery.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, cartouche said:

I'm sorry but this sounds like some pseudoscience BS to me. "Biggest regret of my life"... "get all systems back online if you know what I mean"... huh? Unless what she's referring to moodiness and depression, which is a side effect some women get, it just sounds like the typical argument fundies use that birth control is not natural and is bad because what if God wants to give you a baby *right now*? I hate when they also try to imply that hormonal birth control could permanently reduce your ability to have children, which it doesn't, as a scare tactic. Blech. I hope this is just her vague way of hinting at mood problems lol. Otherwise "biggest regret of my life" is way overdramatic and fear-mongery.

There are so many types of birth control out there. It sounds like she tried one and didn’t like it so it’s all bad. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

New blog! Unfortunately it's the 'Sunday Series' style (never mind today it was published on a Friday).

On Being Sober-Minded

She's been reading Scripture from parts she's less familiar with (Hosea, Philemon, 2nd Chronicles). The repeated phrase "sober-minded" caught her eye.
In short: Caitlin believes you should come to Jesus with a "sober mind" instead of being hopped up on emotion. I don't disagree - I find whipping people up into an emotional frenzy to get them to proclaim they love god distasteful - but I feel this blog could have been much shorter.

She mentions she was raised Christian Reformed, so I naturally looked them up on Wikipedia. Anti-choice, essentially no opinion on the death penalty, opposes Freemasonry, and of course:
"The stance of the CRC is that homosexuality is "a condition of disordered sexuality that reflects the brokenness of our sinful world". Christian homosexuals should not pursue "homosexualism", defined as "explicit homosexual practice", which is "incompatible with obedience to the will of God as revealed in Scripture". Christian homosexuals should be given "loving support" within the church community, compassion, and support "towards healing and wholeness". Christian homosexuals, like all Christians, are called to discipleship, holy obedience, and the use of their gifts in the cause of the kingdom. Opportunities to serve within the offices and the life of the congregation should be afforded to them as to heterosexual Christians."

CRC also supports "fighting systemic racism" and "achieving more justice for aboriginal groups". I'm guessing she's no longer CRC for some reason...

"I know SOOOOOO many "Christians" who gave their lives to Christ during an emotional evening at a Christian youth weekend camp, only to turn away from God immediately after returning home. And why is this a common story?"
Something about calling people "Christians" rubs me the wrong way. Who is Caitlin to throw shade someone else's faith because they didn't come to it the way she thinks they should have? Also, who's fault is it that those evenings are so highly charged? They're designed that way on purpose!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I don't disagree - I find whipping people up into an emotional frenzy to get them to proclaim they love god distasteful

Yes. Strong agree. Well put.

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Who is Caitlin to throw shade someone else's faith because they didn't come to it the way she thinks they should have? Also, who's fault is it that those evenings are so highly charged? They're designed that way on purpose!

Actually, I agree with her there. It sounds like she's saying those things shouldn't be designed that way, and I agree. And while I don't love using quotes to imply pseudo-Christians, in that sentence she's referring to people who don't consider themselves Christians anymore, but who other people of certain beliefs would consider to be Christian because of that one action.

She says more, and it's spot-on, actually:

I know so many people who find God or "feel the fire" only when they are in emotionally charged or passionate situations like mission's trips, Christian conferences, or dark and smoky worship services. There seems to be an intense draw to the cross, but only when accompanied with the right song, the right worship leader, and the right setting.

But you know what? Feeling the fire is fine: it's not WRONG to feel passionate about Jesus or to feel emotional. It's not wrong to feel intense during a mission's week, or to feel emotional during prayer, worship, or any other kind of connection with God.

HOWEVER, we should not rely solely on passionate experiences to be the basis of our connection to God.

Many become disloyal or unfaithful to God when they stop feeling the intense emotional "fire" they only felt during that Christian Youth Conference. And this is why we cannot build our foundation of faith on these extreme emotional highs! Because they ultimately hinder our faith-lives more than help them.

No lies detected. I agree with all of the above. (Well, except for the "disloyal or unfaithful" part, because for those who fall away, I assume they fall away from believing, not that they still believe but choose to go against that belief, which is what disloyal/unfaithful mean to me.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, cartouche said:

My guess is that her cycle didn't go back to normal, which is pretty common when coming off of BC and can be frustrating if you want to start trying for kids immediately. Some people get lucky and their normal period starts the first month off of BC and for some people it takes months or even having to go to the doctor.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Yes. Strong agree. Well put.

Actually, I agree with her there. It sounds like she's saying those things shouldn't be designed that way, and I agree. And while I don't love using quotes to imply pseudo-Christians, in that sentence she's referring to people who don't consider themselves Christians anymore, but who other people of certain beliefs would consider to be Christian because of that one action.

She says more, and it's spot-on, actually:

No lies detected. I agree with all of the above. (Well, except for the "disloyal or unfaithful" part, because for those who fall away, I assume they fall away from believing, not that they still believe but choose to go against that belief, which is what disloyal/unfaithful mean to me.)

Thank you!

I don't think Caitlin is lying.  But it's my understanding those events are supposed to whip you up into feeling a 'fire' for god... didn't someone we snarked on here talk about being on fire for Jesus? ? I have no doubt those people are sincere in the moment, and that's where I disagree with her calling them "Christians". Just because that's how you came to a belief, doesn't make them any less Christian than Caitlin. If they think about it later and wonder WTF they were thinking and aren't Christians anymore, that's fine. But they're just not Christians then, still not "Christians".

It feels like faith judging, IMO. "I made a sober and steady decision to devote my life to Jesus... you got emotional and swept up in the moment."
Of course, to me, Caitlin feels like one of those who are 'holier than thou'.

• Upvote 4

Another old (well, 1 year) video!

In Defense of Homemakers | "Homemaker" is NOT a Dirty Word

She's doing little dances in the intro. It just looks so awkward and forced.

"Come in really close... I wanna tell you something. Homemaker is NOT a dirty word."

So today we are going to unpack this blatant lie that homemaking is a bad thing for society.

Spoiler

She's noticed that modern culture has begun to despise SAHW's. They're looked upon as lazy, leeches of society, "Is she even meeting her potential? Is she a slave to the kitchen? Is that woman just at home to serve her husband? How is she reaching what she wants in life?"
These questions have been raised specifically by feminists.

"So I feel feminists have taken young women and girls, and they said, '[gasp], DAUGHTERS, sisters, you have all the choices in the world you could ever want or imagine. You can be an astronaut, you can be a teacher, you can be the POTUS. Now, what are you going to do with all this wonderful choice?"

"But what happens when that girl says 'I can be anything I want to be? Can I be a housewife? Can I be a mother?" And then the feminists and society get mad. And then the girl says, "But I thought you said I could be a housewife? If I can be an astronaut, why can't I be a housewife? If you said I had a choice, why are you now mad that I'm exercising it?"
Caitlin says she's kind of kidding, but not. "If that housewife hadn't been at home maybe she would have been our next governor" - that kind of thinking is wrong because we're diminishing the role of the housewife. And when we start viewing SAHW's and SAHM's as wasted potential, we start viewing them as if they're not important. Caitlin says those women have purpose.

She runs the home, she frugally stretches the budget, she supports her husband so he can achieve what he needs to in his career, she raises children, she helps her aging parents, she helps her neighbourhood/church/people in need.

There's a difference between the purpose-driven home-maker - she's helping people, and possibly achieving her dreams with a blog/PT job/small business - and the lazy housewife who just wants the ring, the trip to Paris, the Louis Vuitton. Caitlin rebukes the lazy housewife.

We're passed the time women were forced to stay at home. Now it's more common that women are forced to work outside the home. A lot of them are trying to figure out how to get back in and asking how can I do that and not be stigmatized or looked down on as a leech upon society?

Caitlin isn't here to argue that there aren't useful jobs or wonderful career women. She's just saying that for her and a lot of other women, staying at home and being a mom is better.

She finds the most fulfillment with Jesus, second with her husband and the family she's building, and third through her personal fulfillment (IE, her blog), as well as her ministry work and mentoring.

But if you're staying at home, don't be lazy. Don't just stay at home and leech off your husbands money. She rebukes you, that's not right. We shouldn't use people. It's okay at some point to retire but we're young and healthy, so pull your weight.
Modern conveniences liberated us. So if you stay at home don't just be like "mm, I'm going to be cooking and cleaning for the rest of my life". Get a part time job even if just for the social aspect.
Since moving to a small town, Caitlin has met a lot of home-makers who have artisanal businesses. Find your thing.

She encourages lazy housewives to improve. Clean the house, cook the food, grocery shop, be healthy, be a go-getter. Just do something that uses your talents.

She's not here to knock anyone and say you should be like me.

How can we respond to society hating on us?

1. Don't respond.
2. Don't change your life to fit other people.
3. Don't take the criticism to heart. "We're building a community right now of women who are traditional and want to live life this way."

Caitlin doesn't believe in telling other people what to do.

You're not a bad woman if you're a career woman. You're not a bad woman if you're a home-maker. We shouldn't destroy or condemn each other for picking one way or the other.

So like... this video confuses me. Does Caitlin realise that she sounds like a feminist? Sure, she's championing the SAH movement, but she's also telling you to pick whatever fulfills you.

Is there something you win when you shit on the feminist movement? Granted, she seems to think the 1st and 2nd waves were okay, and it's just "current" feminists that are looking down on her, but she essentially pins all the blame on feminists.
I think she's forgetting that your choices depend on where you were raised, and how. I was expected to have a job, but no one told me I could 'be anything'. No one encouraged me to think beyond the basics.

She's also forgetting one small detail -- a lot of women these days work because they have to. Yes, they might rather be at home, but living is expensive these days, and salaries haven't kept pace. I find it kind of funny that there's no mention of "talk it over with your spouse if you want to stay at home".

Are feminists even still talking about SAH's? I think all this judgment is in Caitlin's head.

ETA: Or she's frequenting RedPill sites, where people talk about the horrible feminists they've encountered that looked down on them for being traditional.
Hearing her say she's traditional so many times really puts her "ways I'm counter-cultural" video in a new light!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

Now it's more common that women are forced to work outside the home.

Forced! Well, yes. Forced by circumstance. The rent is due, the car’s outta gas. It’s not feminists demanding anyone work, it’s the grocery store and the utility companies and the landlord.

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

I find it kind of funny that there's no mention of "talk it over with your spouse if you want to stay at home".

Yes. And what about before a woman is married. SOMEONE has to pay the bills. It’s not feminists that need to give a woman permission to be “stay at home”; it’s whoever she’s expecting to cover the cost, whether it’s parents or husband or whoever.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Sometimes it sounds like she’s defensive and trying to justify her life choices. The more she writes, the more defensive it sounds. Methinks she dost protest too much.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I know I've tried to explain before why MM bothers me, but I think I've finally managed to put it together.

I'm thinking of myself at 15 or 20 (just myself, this doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else), when I didn't know what a feminist was and definitely wouldn't identify myself as one. Despite my "not like other girls" phase, that was a step too far. At those ages, all I wanted was to fit in and have a steady relationship (with a man, because that's all I could imagine at the time).

So let's say I look on YT for tips on getting guys to like me. And I stumble upon MM. She's pretty, she's married, she's not that much older than me. She's poised, etc. Her husband isn't to my taste, but she seems happy.

In her videos she makes a point of saying you can be whatever you want, no shame, so I feel safe. This is the low-key message I hear daily.
But she also makes repeated digs at feminists, blaming them for SAH's being shamed/looked down upon/treated badly, which also brands them hypocrites, because they're saying you can be anything you want except a SAH, which to a teenager is the worst thing.

I visit her Instagram, and I see pretty flowers and pretty pictures. You have to really dig to find the white supremacy... which I wouldn't think to do, because of course that's not still a thing.

I visit her Twitter, and amongst the flowery retweets I also find messages from Stefan Molyneux (sp) and TTF, also blaming feminists for the deterioration of society. And there's a few retweets with extreme messages about how feminists want to 'destroy the nuclear family' and think you should stop shaving. I'm concerned, so I read more... from those sources, because I trust MM and as a teenager, I didn't have the ability to stop, think, and say "well, that seems extreme. Are you sure? Lets research".

I become disgusted with feminists and proudly proclaim I'm not one.*

Although I'm not entirely sure I want to be a SAH (which is uncommon in my hometown anyway, because even in rural America, 1 salary doesn't often cut it) it's okay because MM says you know, you can get a PT job or run an Etsy business! That would be fun and a way to be creative! And anyway, you can do whatever you want!

I look for a community to fit into and google "traditional living" "women". The first match is a blog called "The Stepford Gal"**. And down the rabbit hole you go!

MM is insidious.

* Until I was about 25 I did do the 'I'm not a feminist, but' dance, because I thought feminism = hating men.
** Do we know who she is!? She has some fun blog posts about "Feminism Is The Biggest Source of ‘Toxic’ Masculinity" and "The Conveniently Ignored Violence Of Women: Nothing’s Changed Since Medieval Times"

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

No, I am absolutely not “condemning” any woman for being a homemaker or for wanting to be one, but I will stand in my soapbox and shout, “Being a SAHW/M means being financially dependent on someone else!” Unless you’re one of the lucky few who has brought your own monetary assets into the marriage, you are entirely dependent on the good graces of your husband.

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

Who is TTF?   @AmericanRose

Ahahahahaha. My bad! I meant TTW - The Transformed Wife ???

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Haha 2

I thought TTF looked wrong ? Anyway! Shall we take bets on if I can get through all MM's old videos before lockdown is lifted? I have to admit, I was super eager to get to this one... but it was a bit of a disappointment.

How to Find "The One" | Dating & Compatibility
She thanks her subscribers, and for some reason can't just call them... women.

Is she just getting ideas from comments? That might explain why her content is one note.

Alright! Do you have a notepad? Good! Get ready, we're going to hunt down The One and make him ours!

Spoiler

She thinks women can have an action plan to follow when trying to find the 1 without being weird, unrealistic, or overly picky. 

1. Compatibility is about things you can't change about yourself - personality, religion, values, beliefs, politics (that's very important), how you spend money, cleanliness. To find out if you're compatible in those areas, she recommends you observe - and if that fails, ask.
She knows people these days just chill and "hang out" with a guy they met at work and it would be so weird to just ask him about his beliefs! Caitlin had a study buddy in college and after a month of "hanging out" he told her he wanted her to meet his parents on Sunday. But she was taken aback and blurted out, "But I don't know what you believe about Jesus!" And he was a nonbeliever, so she couldn't meet his family. Then she realised she had wasted their time because they had an intrinsic difference, and it would never work. For those don't have strong political beliefs, she recommends choosing someone who falls in whatever camp you lean towards. She and her husband share the same political views, and love talking politics.
Me: This indicates to me that Caitlin is perhaps more religious than she usually lets on. Also, Husband looks like an ass... but maybe they really are happy together? Their politics can bond them! Also, people talk about their beliefs all the time - it wouldn't be weird to ask someone you're spending time with what theirs are.

Remember, Christians! The Bible says you're not to date outside your religion.

Me: Caitlin doesn't seem to think people might change.

2. Emotional connection. It's when you can talk with someone all night and be your complete self around them. She had a deep emotional connection in HS, but didn't feel she could be her complete self around him. She had a boyfriend in college that she loved deeply as a friend, but she didn't have that passion for him. Caitlin calls herself emotional and free-spirited. She woke Husband up because she had a bad dream about an upcoming dental visit, and he knew exactly what she needed in that moment. He kissed her forehead, pulled her into a bear hug, and told her it's going to be okay, and he'll hurt them if they hurt her. That made her feel loved and secure. She has a lot of highs and lows, but he's steady.
Me: So... who brought up the white supremacy first? I doubt Caitlin, since she was raised CRC. Also, this whole 'big strong male will beat up mean dentist if he dare hurt his woman!' is so stereotypical.

3. The future. The lifestyle you want to live, how you want to spend your money, your children, do you want children?, do you want pets? etc. She thinks a lot of people brush that aside and figure they'll cross that bridge when they come to it.
Ex: Caitlin wants kids, so she couldn't be with a guy who didn't. Be mindful of your future goals. In her experience, men love having that conversation with her because they were excited by the prospect of having kids with her/being married to her. She would wait to see if the guy is very interested in you before bringing that up. Don't break up with someone if they need to think about it. Don't dump all this future stuff on a guy at once.
MM recommends:
Don't go on a date with someone who doesn't share your beliefs.
Once on that date, check to see if you have that physical attraction / emotional connection.
If you pass all that, start to think about future goals.

And if all those align, you're golden! God and guy willing, of course.

This is her 6th video, and she didn't mention feminists once!

But hey, I can't disagree - I firmly believe in talking through everything before getting married, and am shocked when people expect their SO to change based on what they want.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Thank You 3

The one where MM is really upset about self-care.

The Modern "Goddess" Mentality | Let's Talk Self-Esteem | Slay All Day?

She thanks people viewing from Canada and says it means a lot to her they're still supporting her even though she hasn't seen them for years. I assume this means people she knew up there watched her videos and contacted her?

She has a giant coffee cup that says "good morning gorgeous". I find this interesting, as I'm currently reading "Redefining Girly".

Alrighty. Time to break down the bullshit!

Spoiler

MM says all the topics she picks are chosen to help women live more whole-heartedly and honestly. Especially in our modern society where we have a lot of dishonest messages that are chosen just to make people feel good. She always wants to take a step back from that easy way out and choose to talk about messages that are real and will actually help women, not just things that will make us feel good.

"Buzzfeed, "Betches"(?)" and Bustle (giant eyeroll from MM) and other female geared publications are constantly tripping over themselves to remind me, a woman, that I'm awesome."
MM seems very upset by this (no seriously, her body langauge and tone are something).

"We see memes, tweets and articles all the time reminding us that we're goddesses / queens / slaying. When we're feeling crappy we just need to take a step back and revel in our awesome womanhood."
MM's disgust at this is... something to behold.

"Rarely do they ever say, "hey, you might need to work on yourself, and that's okay." We have come to dread the idea that we need to work on ourselves because we're so used to hearing messages that we're amazing. So when we hear the message that we need to work on ourselves, we scream and say 'oh nooo I'm melting!!'"
Her mockery here is... something, again. She seems to be playing into the "millennials are fragile snowflakes" stereotype, though she's younger than millennials (and I've still yet to meet anyone who acts like that).

"The message, "hey, you might be out of shape" it makes people melt into a ball like a puddle. A puddle of emotion."
I hear the 'accept your body, love your body' message, but I'm still not satisfied with my body, and so I exercise and eat healthy. No message from an external source telling me I'm fat and should work out needed. Also, I take this message from MM, who had to lose a whole 8lbs, with a giant eyeroll of my own.

"The idea that you might need an attitude adjustment, or you're making foolish decisions with your money, or you're being a bad wife or bad girlfriend, All these messages make people melt into a puddle. We don't have the fortitude or emotional capability anymore to hear that we're not perfect just the way we are."
Is it mean I hope she doesn't have kids? I grew up with the 'you're not perfect, don't ever think you're perfect' message, and it's pretty damaging. All these years later I still feel whatever I do will never be enough. I suppose MM would tell me I should have just worked harder, though.

"Prioritizing yourself above all others is not always the answer. Self-care isn't just about bubble baths. It's about working on yourself. Running around saying that every woman is perfect isn't helping anybody."
"The idea that if you have problems in your life, it's just because you're not doing enough self-care. Okay Buzzfeed, okay Cosmo, off I'll go. I'll sit in my bubble bath, light the candles, and I'll say, Caitlin, you are amazing. You can do no wrong. Because you have a uterus. That's all you need to know to feel empowered."

This is pretty rich, since I remember one of her videos mentioning about how she has time to take candlelit baths. Also, that's not self-care as I understand it. There's actually a lot of people critisizing the self-care industry... but they don't blame feminists for making safe spaces for women to just feel okay about themselves or their bodies. They blame the corporations who want a slice of the wellness industry pie, as they should. I'm also pretty sure a woman in, say, Saudi Arabia could try the bath trick as well, but she wouldn't be empowered... because of the society she lives in. It takes more than a bubble bath and some affirmations. Wait. Is Caitlin confusing affirmations with self-care?

"People need to achieve things to feel like they're doing something."
I'm pretty sure if they haven't achieved anything, a 'slay all day' mug isn't going to fool them into thinking they've achieved anything. 
"People need to take up hard challenges and overcome them, and in that process, that's where empowerment comes." Please tell me about the hard challenge you overcame, Caitlin. I'm genuinely curious.

"Telling myself I'm perfect doesn't cover up the fact that I'm sinful."
"I think this goddess movement is an extreme. I'm preaching balance."
"I do self-care all the time. I regularly practise the Sabbath on the 7th day, I will definitely do a deep conditioner once a week, I'll watch that Netflix show, paint my toenails, take a walk around the block, I do it all. But self-care is part of self-improvement. Recognize that we also need discpline in our lives."
Would it blow her mind to know that some people consider exercise part of self-care? I do, even though it's not particularly comfortable... but I consider it caring for my body so it can continue to be strong as I age.

"I don't think self-care is the issue. I think it's the practise of how we practise self-care. So if you're planning on bubble-bathing and then working on yourself, go you babe. That's awesome. That's what I've learned to do."
"Take time to journal, take time to talk to your spouse about how you can improve, take time to take an accurate look at your health and see where you could be better."

In short, Caitlin thinks women are so stupid they'll get a 'slay all day' mug and feel accomplished, even though they haven't accomplished anything (I'm also pretty sure that merch is meant for fun gifts between friends, but whatever).
TBH, as women create, carry, and then give birth to whole new humans, I do think we're pretty amazing.

Her attitude in this video is amazing. The mockery, the dramatics, the disdain...

Edit: Scrolled to the comments and-
"is it weird that a 16 year old male is watching your videos so he can find out what are the good qualities he should look for in a women?"

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

10 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

"Rarely do they ever say, "hey, you might need to work on yourself, and that's okay." We have come to dread the idea that we need to work on ourselves because we're so used to hearing messages that we're amazing.

Wow. "Work on yourself" is literally the entire premise of advertising, and she says we encounter it "rarely"?? Women are, according to her, constantly told they're "amazing"?? Oh my.

10 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Edit: Scrolled to the comments and-
"is it weird that a 16 year old male is watching your videos so he can find out what are the good qualities he should look for in a women?"

Yikes

• Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Wow. "Work on yourself" is literally the entire premise of advertising, and she says we encounter it "rarely"?? Women are, according to her, constantly told they're "amazing"?? Oh my.

Yikes

Well, according to MM by 'work on yourself' they just mean bubble baths. Not self-help books or counselling.

Given that MM's advice is pretty damn shallow, I would say she's not someone anyone should look to for advice, or for what a woman 'should' be.

I'm a little surprised she hasn't made like, housekeeping or cooking tips videos... there would be very little for me to snark on in that case!

But hey, at least she didn't mention feminists.

• Upvote 1

She seems to take issues that she doesn’t quite fully understand about feminism and “self improvement” and instead of researching them in any capacity, she’ll hot take video.

I feel like I’ve definitely seen redpillers shit on so called “boss babe” culture without realizing a) a ton of women find that phrase cringe as shit and b) no one says you HAVE to be a “boss babe”. 

she reads like three tweets about self care then goes on a tangent about women calling themselves goddesses ?

• Upvote 5

Actually, the boss babe meme, as far as I can tell, came from the multilevel marketing culture, so it can go die in a fire according to me. (I have considered myself a feminist since reading Against Our Will in the seventies, along with everything else shelved next to it in our public library.)

Edited by FiveAcres
spelling / grammar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I think I saw a Youtube video about that, @FiveAcres. That's how they lure you in with promises of being your own boss.

So! Who's ready for another blog?? Since the last post was about being 'sober-minded', today's is....

Embrace the Small Joys: 20 Things to Do Today
I'm sure this will contain info I couldn't get from anywhere else.

Spoiler

1. Sit in the shade on a sunny day

2. Wear a flowing dress
Flowing dresses bring out this feminine primal part of myself: I feel elegant, whimsical, AND feminine all at once. I flow through my garden, swish through the laundry room, and every time I sit down, there is a grand sweep of fabric.

3. Post a great photo of yourself

4. Go for a long walk

5. Be near the water

6. Eat a delicious meal

7. Watch a show from your childhood

8. Drive your clean car in the countryside

9. Go for a short bike ride

10. Wear fun shoes

11. Read a romantic book
Romantic books are such a joy! Not trashy sexualized romance novels, but just pure romantic books. Like Pride and Prejudice, Maeve Binchy novels, or any kind of book that incorporates a level of romance.

12. Donate your gently used items

13. Plant some flowers

14. Play fetch with your dog (or A dog)

15. Sing hymns while cleaning

16. Hang up a bird feeder

17. Bake a pie: share with loved ones

18. Do a big bouncy Texas hairstyle

19. Wash your feet before bed

20. Pray

I would have thought the leader of the 'feminine family' felt feminine everyday, but I guess not. Also, a few of these explain the cringey Insta Stories today.

I noticed in an older video Caitlin mentions she wants 3-4 kids and Husband wants 2-3, so they'll probably end up at 3 but they'll see what happens.
The older video was boring me to tears, tho, so I decided to creep on her Insta to see if she's still following questionable accounts.
It makes me a little sad she follows some cat accounts. :( MM, what happened to you??

Let me just say I don't care if a couple decides they want the breadwinner husband and stay-at-home wife dynamic. But I do care when people think it should be mandatory.

Spoiler

The Feminine School, which has recent posts about, "You are allowed to be a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously" and "Mirror mirror on the wall, why don't I celebrate myself at all?" Perhaps she hate follows them?

The Transformed Wife. Ugh.

Stop Playing Church, which has this post on it: "Since 'My body, my choice' is such a "valid" argument, shouldn't people be able to "choose" whether or not to wear a mask or go back to work?"

School of Affluence. This one confuses me, as I thought it was about getting wealthy men to date you.

Classycaitlinann, which is apparently a "support" account for MM run by a 15-year-old girl.

ctrl femininity, which has a private account but this is their bio:
Family • Fatherland • Order
?‍?‍?‍? Nuclear&Extended Family
?? Traditional Gender Roles
⚔️ Right Wing
?? Nationalism
?? Marriage
? Environment

european people, which seems to exist to post pictures of white people. Mainly blondes, but a few brunettes. I didn't have to scroll back too far to reach that conclusion, but they did post 2 pictures of MM.

european couples, which only seem to have been active for a couple months last year, but posted 2 pics of MM and Husband.

And of course, the worth fighting for account, which is by far the worst.

And then there's western traditionalist, which had a few gems, including this:
"Too much comfort in society leads to chaos. For example, look how we got to this point, the current state of today’s society is the effect of too much toleration and comfort. We need to bring back religion in all of aspects of life, bring back traditionalism and educate our children in these traditional values to ensure the future generations are not corrupted by progressive propaganda. Raise our men to work and take care of their family. Raise our women to be the caretakers of the family. Gender Roles, Religion, Tradition is necessary if a society wants to keep order."

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic