IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 3: Feminine Racism

AmericanRose

4 hours ago, kaluce said:

Yeah I think she's just out of ideas. I wonder why she hasn't done a collab with anyone in her youtube sphere. She's hung out with that Nikki girl, but there's a ton of "femininity" youtubers she's not done anything with. I wonder how she's viewed by them. I hate to say it, and I don't really like her, but Cynthia L has much more content and seems to actually live what she's preaching. I think Cait maybe was infatuated with the SAHW life but maybe that shine is fading?

She’s probably scared of competition. She’s never named any other femininity YouTubers specifically because she doesn’t want her viewers watching anyone else. I’ve also found a lot of lovely women of color who do femininity videos but considering she’s a white supremacist. I’m sure they want nothing to do with her.

* Dr. Michelle on YouTube is a beautiful black woman who does videos on femininity. She’s has a PhD (!!!), great advice that isn’t all basic common sense filler content, she encourages women to value themselves and have high standards and she even talks about using feminine charm to advance yourself in your career and achieve your goals(!!). 

Cynthia’s probably just as gross in her red pill/alt right beliefs but she seems to really enjoy homemaking so she’s a lot more enjoyable to watch. It’s clear Caitlin is only “traditional” because she’s too lazy to get a real job. In her last day in the life vlog her cleaning consisted of picking up a few thinks around the house and doing one load of laundry. I work 30 hours a week, go to school full time and still do more cleaning than that ?. Also, the only thing she showed herself cooking was cinnamon rolls. I’m sure she’s feeding Husbear Tostido’s pizza rolls off camera.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Gretchen-weiners said:

It’s clear Caitlin is only “traditional” because she’s too lazy to get a real job.

Maybe she’s like some homeschoolers who focus more on what they’re not doing (we would never let our babies be tarnished by school!) rather than on what they are doing (sometimes because they’re not doing anything!).

This could also explain why she feels so inexplicably defensive about being stay-at-home. If she were DOING homemaking activities (or charity work, or learning something, or going deep into interesting hobbies), she could talk about them. But she’s not. She’s just not going to work and being really pretty. *tumbleweeds roll by*

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

Maybe she’s like some homeschoolers who focus more on what they’re not doing (we would never let our babies be tarnished by school!) rather than on what they are doing (sometimes because they’re not doing anything!).

This could also explain why she feels so inexplicably defensive about being stay-at-home. If she were DOING homemaking activities (or charity work, or learning something, or going deep into interesting hobbies), she could talk about them. But she’s not. She’s just not going to work and being really pretty. *tumbleweeds roll by*

Yeah I feel like her brand is moving away from actual homemaking to being a commentator on the OpPrEsSiOn tradwifes receive. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, kaluce said:

Yeah I feel like her brand is moving away from actual homemaking to being a commentator on the OpPrEsSiOn tradwifes receive. 

Yep! With those sneaky mentions of how the media has told us to look down on housewives... and how the media has convinced us we need careers...

• Upvote 4

Is her new video "How I Handle Criticism for Being Traditional..." really a video for her fans? It doesn't seem like it. It's not even like a video about how to handle rude comments in a feminine way. 

She is constantly addressing the "criticism" and "hate" she receives. It's like she's trying to appease people like us. But at this point, the only thing that would appease me is a story time/confession/I'm sorry-type video about how she was introduced to red-pill beliefs, why she adopted them, and, hopefully, why she no longer wants to be a part of that community. While she's focusing on the criticism, I would love to see her come out with a video of her criticizing red-pillers and their toxic community. I doubt she will though. I think this belief-system is her safety net.

And, Caitlin, if you are getting video ideas from reading here, I'd like to hear your definitions of the words you seem to throw around a lot: femininity, traditional, countercultural, feminism, and media.  I think there is a big misunderstanding of those definitions, and the lack of defining them naturally invites a lot of criticism. I think you'll be surprised to find out that people aren't criticizing your "traditionalism"/lifestyle choices as much as you think. In the words of another feminine youtuber, Anna Bey, "Feminism is about having the freedom to choose your life & not being forced into a stereotype."

• Upvote 9

On 4/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, AmericanRose said:

So! Caitlin: I don't care if you stay at home or not. I don't care how much you shop. I do care about your misogyny and racism.

Don’t worry she can’t be misogynist, she’s a woman. and how can she be racist? She is an immigrant!!!!*

*How I think Caitlin will answer your concerns.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Don’t worry she can’t be misogynist, she’s a woman. and how can she be racist? She is an immigrant!!!!*

*How I think Caitlin will answer your concerns.

To which I would point her to Phyllis Schlafy :D Or however you spell it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

To which I would point her to Phyllis Schlafy :D Or however you spell it.

Have you watched Mrs. America? I like Cate Blanchet as Phyllis.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have you watched Mrs. America? I like Cate Blanchet as Phyllis.

I have not! Seriously considering resuming my Hulu membership... sounds like something good to watch while I work out!

• Upvote 2

So I just watched the first 3 episodes of Mrs. America, and though I don't know how true to life the script is... I do believe that was the birth of governing through fear!

"Equal rights for men and women" = unisex bathrooms, girls being drafted, home-makers kicked out of their homes with no support.

It's very remniscent of how current Republicans take words and spin it to something that's far from the truth to appeal to people's fears.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

So I just watched the first 3 episodes of Mrs. America, and though I don't know how true to life the script is... I do believe that was the birth of governing through fear!

"Equal rights for men and women" = unisex bathrooms, girls being drafted, home-makers kicked out of their homes with no support.

It's very remniscent of how current Republicans take words and spin it to something that's far from the truth to appeal to people's fears.

Phyllis did do that. She was Fox News before it was invented. But she would put it in a newsletter. 

• Upvote 6

She even bitched about “foreigners” playing Major League Baseball(aka “America’s pastime”).

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

Dear Caitlin,
Are you from a city? I can assure you, as someone born and raised in that small town life you so admire, we don't consider our sidewalks (when we're lucky enough to have them) 'whimsical' - more like poorly maintained.

So! There's a new blog post.
"So That No Man Shall Boast", which sounds preachy.

"Today I am sitting on my bed in a patch of sunlight with my laptop perched on my legs. My dog is laying at the foot of the bed, and my legs are tired from our afternoon walk and a short pilates session."
This is so me at 15! Trying to write in my diary as though I were a character in a book.

Spoiler

Anyway!

Caitlin came across an Insta blogger sharing some exciting big news (pregnancy?) and it made Caitlin jealous wondering why god hadn't given her that news. And then she got mad at god, which she knows is pathetic. Personally, I find it weird to be mad at something you can't see and only have faith that it exists, but that's just me.

As though god is an abusive father, Caitlin immediately went into overdrive trying to 'patch things up' and 'get back on course'. Are they aware of how awful this makes god sound?
"I was essentially trying to justify God's decisions to let him off the hook for not blessing me in that way."

5$ her next comment is about how god doesn't owe her an explanation for why he blesses others and not her!

"I'm not supposed to do mental gymnastics to reasonably explain why God has given one person something and refused me the same thing. I'm not supposed to know, nor am I supposed to understand the way He works. He is God, and I am not.

This behavior comes from my own entitlement, and it is ultimately the fruit of living under the assumption that I can somehow earn God's blessings through my works. It's the assumption that I DESERVE blessings.

Instead of saying to myself, God gave HER something that I feel I deserve...God is mean, I should say what Job said in Scripture, "naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither. The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." KJV Job 1:21"

I was close enough. Please DM me for my Venmo. ?

"God has already given me more than I deserve: forgiveness and eternal life with Him. He has written my name in the Book of Life, and is prepared to take on the weight of my sin, forgive me, and walk alongside me."

I so don't remember her being so preachy before. New revision: Insta is for the men, YT is for both (geared at women tho, with a sly wink toward men), and the blog is for Christian women.

"Worshiping and loving God with the ulterior motive to get Him to bless you is wrong. It is an idolization and worship, not of God, but of the thing your heart TRULY desires: the thing you're hoping He will give you if you're just faithful enough.

We cannot worship God with a pure heart if we only offer such sacrifices in the hopes that He will give us what we want. That kind of worship is detestable in God's eyes.

We can read an example of true worship in Mark 14:3-9."

This might not be a popular position, but I think 'just having faith' shouldn't be good enough. You should try to help your fellow humans, you should try to be a good person... though also IMO, not because it will get you into 'heaven', but because it's the right thing to do.

She tells the story of the anointing at Bethany, and then:
"This is how we are to love and serve God: out of our own love for Him, and from the gratitude of what He has done for us. We are to love because He first loved us."

So... if Jesus didn't love you, you wouldn't love him? This sounds like an unhealthy relationship. I also don't understand why, if god designed the universe, he invented hell to begin with, or came up with the idea that he had to send his own son to die for our sins. He could have created a better place... say, one without forbidden apple trees or evil snakes? Or is he not the creator of everything? I was fun during confirmation class!

"So today, instead of acting pridefully entitled to what I think God owes me, I will be focusing on thanking him for everything He has given me that I truly do NOT deserve."
Extra snark: like European ancestry?

"I cannot live a life where I assume to know the workings of God, nor should I try to explain away His choice to bless or withhold through my own flawed works-based morality system. God is God and He can bless who He wants. And anyways, our greatest treasures will not be the things we receive in this life, but the rewards we have stored up in Heaven.

The journey away from an entitled and prideful attitude is not easy, but by God's grace and the Holy Spirit, I feel him pruning and sanctifying me. Glory be to God."
He's pruning you? Are you a plant?
Anyway, I'll believe your piety when you stop with the racism and misogyny. Not posting it yourself isn't enough - stop promoting it. You are a semi-public figure, and there are people - likely young and impressionable - that look up to you.

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:43 PM, the_spiral said:

I've been lurking for awhile but made an account since I read this thread. I'm a big fan of lifestyle and homemaking blogs, and I've always considered this girl a total fraud. She claims to offer advice for women, but her entire public persona is a male fantasy. If you look at her solely as a women's lifestyle guru, she's a failure - because nothing about her life is aspirational for women! If her goal is to be a "kept" housewife, she is easily conventionally attractive, smart and calculating enough to marry a wealthy man and get a nice big "Real Housewives" style house to laze around in and decorate. If her goal was more of a rural/traditional Midwestern life, she could've found a successful farmer with means. Heck even if she was fine with a broke man, she could've found one who at least pays attention to her!  I don't look half as cute as her and I'm married to an engineer who treats me well, and we live in a nice house with new furniture and decor. What could I possibly learn from her? How to be "submissive" to a racist beat cop who constantly ignores me, overrides my wishes, and provides so little income I have to shop at Goodwill and cut my own hair with raggedy crooked bangs? Her current life is actually quite sad, she's not living up to her potential, and she's way too young and early into her marriage to provide "advice" to any other women about creating an aspirational life.

She is, however, highly successful as a male fantasy figure for alt-right men. An "Aryan princess" looking woman who cooks, cleans, and is a submissive "tradwife" to a bitter racist male loser is what they all desperately want, right? It doesn't surprise me that she got her start sucking up to prominent alt-right men, and it wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT if the vast majority of followers she's making her profits from are male. Her connections to the alt-right aren't a coincidence, they're her whole business model. All the coy duck-facing and discussions about her bra size are far from modest and seem like a dog whistle to thirsty male followers. All the modest, traditional housewife BS is just a smokescreen - she's just your regular old e-thot in sheep's clothing.

This might be somewhat off topic , and /or BEC , but incidentally , I think that I found a fictional online game character whom reminded me somewhat of Mrs. Midwest .  This YouTuber I sometimes watch did some react videos regarding them.  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not sure what others will make of this .  I just found it to be a somewhat amusing coincidence .  

Edited by Marmion
found an editional video

I was wondering why does cait have so many female commenters on her channel when we can look at the analytics and see most people viewing are male. Does anyone here with knowledge on this know?

• Upvote 1

I am not shaming caitlin but why can't they replace their couch that had holes in the fabric. I was very poor growing up and my mom was a SAHM but we could still get a decent couch without holes. Are they expensive (i live in europe, I thought it costs more here)? I feel bad for her :( but they own a house my family was given a government assisstant house when I was a child so maybe the money gets spent/saved. Again I am not judging just wondering 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mymelody said:

I am not shaming caitlin but why can't they replace their couch that had holes in the fabric. I was very poor growing up and my mom was a SAHM but we could still get a decent couch without holes. Are they expensive (i live in europe, I thought it costs more here)? I feel bad for her :( but they own a house my family was given a government assisstant house when I was a child so maybe the money gets spent/saved. Again I am not judging just wondering 

Personally, I think Caitlin (but mostly HusBland, I'm assuming) is just stingy with money. Couches certainly can be expensive here, but you can shop at antique stores, OfferUp, or just find a good sale. I haven't seen the couch holes, but you'd think that Caitlin would want to patch up the holes (or get/make a couch cover) since she likes to sew. I've noticed she's stingy in other areas too. She doesn't have the best microphone for her videos, and sometimes I've noticed that her videos have glitches in them. Since making videos is her job, you'd think she would want to make sure she has a quality microphone.

• Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Personally, I think Caitlin (but mostly HusBland, I'm assuming) is just stingy with money. Couches certainly can be expensive here, but you can shop at antique stores, OfferUp, or just find a good sale. I haven't seen the couch holes, but you'd think that Caitlin would want to patch up the holes (or get/make a couch cover) since she likes to sew. I've noticed she's stingy in other areas too. She doesn't have the best microphone for her videos, and sometimes I've noticed that her videos have glitches in them. Since making videos is her job, you'd think she would want to make sure she has a quality microphone.

they have a couch cover there is a vlog where she removed it

its at around 3:00

• Thank You 1

Her new blog post “10 Small Ways I’m Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone” address at least 4 different things brought up on here. They include:

-Doing Pilates videos (She made sure to mention it’s “ballerina-style” Pilates. My eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out.) 

-Socialization (She claims can “thrive” on minimal social contact for weeks. She doesn’t need anyone else because her husband is “very dynamic” company. Sure Jan! No one should be going weeks having minimal contact with anyone besides their spouse. Its unhealthy and it’s draining to the one person who is your only source of socialization. No wonder he can’t get away from her fast enough. 

-Having a cleaning schedule (guaranteed she doesn’t stick to it and takes a week to do a days worth of chores) 

-Learning new recipes (What could make a better meal than a bowl full of homemade butter?? 

If she’s actually trying to better herself good for her, but I have a feeling a lot of this is just being said to avoid criticism.

Edited by Gretchen-weiners
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

It’s obvious she doesn’t have any real friends. Which makes me wonder if husbland has started isolating her. Does he get jealous of friends? Does he not like her to have friends because they might challenge her red pill ideas? I think most women would challenge her red pill beliefs at some point if they had a close relationship. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

SAHMs who consider themselves traditionalists might challenge her. Why isn't she working or volunteering or doing church ministry part-time? Even these Stay at Home types emphasize it much more for mothers which Caitlyn is not and why not? These blood and soul types are obsessed with the "right" kind of women having children. Eventually Caitlin is failing at an "essential duty." 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 3

Caitlin has a new video up - "Finding Fulfillment as 'Just' a Housewife".

I stopped watching when she mocked 'haters' - I don't think questioning what she does behind the scenes constitutes hating home-makers. She also mocked people who 'worry' about women being forced into that role. Because you know, we're in a Western country in 2020.

We are indeed in a Western country in 2020... but that hasn't stopped her from engaging in some gross, racist shit.

• Upvote 8

I think being reduced to mocking others smacks of in-security. If you were truly confident in your decisions, you could let the opinions of others go. Rufus knows, the feminists you mock have already let your exalted opinion go a long time ago. 

• I Agree 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic