IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

52 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Elissa had previously said that she would move to Ukraine. Idk if their plans will change though. 

Definitely would be easier for her to immigrate to Ukraine than for him to get a VISA here.

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Ellissa Baird is engaged to Andriy Petrenko, according to (I'm guessing) someone related to Andriy on IG.

It seems like they celebrated yesterday but I'm not sure if they got engaged yesterday.

The IG is public so I'm sharing.

Hide contents

IMG_20201003_113549.jpg

Who are these people? Why do we snark on them? Thanks for enlightning me ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Who are these people? Why do we snark on them? Thanks for enlightning me ?

She's the sister of Bethany Beal and Kristen Clark, who run the Girl Defined Youtube channel (they also wrote a few books). Hipster fundies that Reddit is obsessed with. The family made the news last year when Bethany traveled to Austria then posted photos to Instagram of herself posing next to her grandfather's grave with captions about how much he went through during World War II. Internet sleuths figured out that he was a Nazi. Bethany also posted throughout her entire pregnancy about how she barely got prenatal care (while also being pretty insensitive with regards to her sister Kristen's well-publicized infertility), then abruptly stopped posting pictures of her newborn baby once people started commenting about how he looked underweight and dehydrated, claiming that she wanted to protect his privacy. 

Ellissa and Andriy met last November and started dating in May but since she was still single at 27, no surprise there. The Ukrainian border opened up on October 1st and her entire family flew out there ASAP so she could get engaged, which she immediately posted about on the FundieSnark Reddit after the fact.

(I find that last part especially hilarious.)

Edited by indianabones
Deets
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

8 hours ago, adidas said:

Ellissa posted on Fundiesnark?! Why in earth would she do that!!?? ?

Do they know for sure it was her?

One of the mods stated that they were 100% certain it was her.

People are theorizing that she wanted attention?

• Thank You 4

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

She's the sister of Bethany Beal and Kristen Clark, who run the Girl Defined Youtube channel (they also wrote a few books). Hipster fundies that Reddit is obsessed with. The family made the news last year when Bethany traveled to Austria then posted photos to Instagram of herself posing next to her grandfather's grave with captions about how much he went through during World War II. Internet sleuths figured out that he was a Nazi. Bethany also posted throughout her entire pregnancy about how she barely got prenatal care (while also being pretty insensitive with regards to her sister Kristen's well-publicized infertility), then abruptly stopped posting pictures of her newborn baby once people started commenting about how he looked underweight and dehydrated, claiming that she wanted to protect his privacy. 

Ellissa and Andriy met last November and started dating in May but since she was still single at 27, no surprise there. The Ukrainian border opened up on October 1st and her entire family flew out there ASAP so she could get engaged, which she immediately posted about on the FundieSnark Reddit after the fact.

(I find that last part especially hilarious.)

Thanks for posting this! I knew the name, but couldn't place it. Once I saw Girl Defined I know who they are. Someone here pointed at the the Girl Defined sisters are in the video where Michelle Duggar accepted her mother of the year award from Vision Forum. There was a big public ceremony when Michelle got her award. The Baird girls were in the audience. It seems like they might have been a part of Vision Forum growing up. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thanks for posting this! I knew the name, but couldn't place it. Once I saw Girl Defined I know who they are. Someone here pointed at the the Girl Defined sisters are in the video where Michelle Duggar accepted her mother of the year award from Vision Forum. There was a big public ceremony when Michelle got her award. The Baird girls were in the audience. It seems like they might have been a part of Vision Forum growing up. 

They were. Lourdes was one of Kristin’s bridesmaids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 10/4/2020 at 8:11 PM, indianabones said:

One of the mods stated that they were 100% certain it was her.

People are theorizing that she wanted attention?

Do we have a link to the post?

Anyone speculating on when Natty and Wifey will announce impending Bay-bee #1?

Over/ under?  I think less than 6 mos after the Natty Nuptials.

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, Triplet3 said:

Kindle Chapman's is on 7 November 2020

Kindle??  Like Kendall but spelled wrong?

I know a girl named Rhonda -- spelled Rinda, but pronounced "Rhonda."  Her mother Linda though it would be so cute to have a Linda and Rinda, even though she always knew her daughter would be called Rhonda.

True story.  You can't make this stuff up.

• Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 2

Kindle as in kindling to build a fire.  Not necessarily spelled wrong.  Rory, but I have an otherly spelled fairly common name and criticisms about spellings of name hits close to home.  It’s my name.  I identify with the spelling.  I like that it is unique and get tired of people using wrong spellings.  Meanwhile my sister has a name that is fairly common for our age group that is pronounced differently (and is a family name/pronunciation).  

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

Michelle Seewald is married

So is whichever Lockwood was planning to get married today.

Edit: It's Elijah.

Edited by albireo
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Lauren Caldwell is engaged to a guy named Titus. He doesn’t look familiar. 

Spoiler

B1BF6B79-F926-481F-BCE5-D07079DEF72A.thumb.jpeg.cc9be1a65e280d7b998fbf8834c3fae7.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lauren Caldwell is engaged to a guy named Titus. He doesn’t look familiar. 

Hide contents

B1BF6B79-F926-481F-BCE5-D07079DEF72A.thumb.jpeg.cc9be1a65e280d7b998fbf8834c3fae7.jpeg

So much for all the Duggar speculation. But we weren't wrong - Lauren may very well be pregnant at the same time as her mother and sister. 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

So much for all the Duggar speculation. But we weren't wrong - Lauren may very well be pregnant at the same time as her mother and sister. 

So why the heck was James with them all the time? Wow, these folks sure kept this one under wraps. 

• Upvote 11

Props to them for keeping us guessing ?. I figured James was a red herring but thought she was going to hook up with Jason.

• Upvote 7

I just realized why he looks so familiar! He looks just like her dad! And she looks just like her mom. This is a little weird, lol.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just realized why he looks so familiar! He looks just like her dad! And she looks just like her mom. This is a little weird, lol.

I was thinking the same thing. It's creepy. Though I think her face looks more like her dad too--it's just her coloring that's like her mom and Kendra. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we've seen him before too- I wondered if it was the Bontrager family camp, but couldn't find him in any photos there. Then I looked at Carver Bowers instagram, but No, he's not there either. Where was it that Lauren popped up in a photo, "consorting" with other GYMen and we thought "Well, she's getting around!"

We've seen him  before, and he definitely has the Alert haircut

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic