IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

On 8/31/2020 at 8:25 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Plus, I worry about Allison all by herself in Minnesota. It would be nice for her to have someone around, even if it is her ex-boyfriend ?

I thought so too, but then someone pointed out that Denver being male he wouldn't be moving away - the women have to move ?

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, darkplumaged said:

The Beasleys were standard-issue fundies 10+ years ago (though the sons went to college, so they weren't as extreme as some). I have not followed them in recent years, so I can't say what their standards are these days. Missy certainly doesn't appear typically fundie.

The only Beasley I ever notice is Dan because he’s married to Beth Wissmann Beasley. Dan may be highly educated as a lawyer. But he works for the HSLDA. So he’s just a highly educated fundie. They aren’t super common. But they are around. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only Beasley I ever notice is Dan because he’s married to Beth Wissmann Beasley. Dan may be highly educated as a lawyer. But he works for the HSLDA. So he’s just a highly educated fundie. They aren’t super common. But they are around.

Isn't Dan the brother of Josh Beasley, who killed his first wife during what he said was a "game"?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Isn't Dan the brother of Josh Beasley, who killed his first wife during what he said was a "game"?

Yes, there are 9 Beasley kids. Josh is #2 and Dan is #3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I had to look this up. Josh Beasley is still married to his second wife (Emily Hipps Beasley, married 2013). She is a teacher outside the home and they have no kids, though that doesn't seem by choice. They post lots of kissy mushy things and basically live like nothing ever happened. ?

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1

20 minutes ago, marmalade said:

He killed his wife but is walking free? Tell me more! ?

https://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/lincoln-man-gets-3-to-5-years-for-fatally-shooting-wife/article_794fddfe-a91c-11de-bbfb-001cc4c03286.html

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/freejinger/bethany-wissman-s-brother-in-law-killed-his-wife-t1375.html

She died in Feb. and by April he was moving her stuff out with photos. And he only served like 18 months. Do a search On FJ. ?

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

With all the "God and Guns" evangelicals out there, I wonder if he does, if fact, have guns again. (since the article made a point about him not being able to legally own guns as a convicted felon)

• Upvote 3

I don't usually like the term white privilege because it's misunderstood by white people, it makes them angry and vote for Trump. But if there ever was a token example of white privilege, it's a guy walking away from the murder of his 21 year-old wife with only 18 months in the can. People are serving life sentences for far less.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

The Reiths are on a roll! It seems like they are all getting coupled up.

There have been a lot of break ups over the years though. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There have been a lot of break ups over the years though. 

That makes it all the more notable.  

• Upvote 3

Addie Morton is fully officially married. I fully admit to having a soft spot for her. And she even wore a strapless dress!

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

I didn’t see the Chapmans on the list, but Kindle Chapman (one of Maranatha and Matthew Chapman’s daughters) is engaged to Andrew Midkiff.

How old are they? Hopefully they've stopped arranging marriages for their teenagers. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

I didn’t see the Chapmans on the list, but Kindle Chapman (one of Maranatha and Matthew Chapman’s daughters) is engaged to Andrew Midkiff.

Yeah, they haven’t been on the list since no one has seemed to follow them that closely. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Yeah, they haven’t been on the list since no one has seemed to follow them that closely. 

Yeah, I’m a little bit involved in the CrossFit community, and if I didn’t know their background, I’d honestly just think they were a typical CrossFit family that was also religious, because Texas, but would not peg them as fundie (now). I think they probably still are? But who knows.

• Upvote 3

Tabitha Jeub and Nathan Sleeger are married and Wendy Jeub wore white (picture on Chris' FB) . Where I come from (Middle European country) this would be considered very rude. Is it the same in the States? 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

32 minutes ago, Booklover said:

Tabitha Jeub and Nathan Sleeger are married and Wendy Jeub wore white (picture on Chris' FB) . Where I come from (Middle European country) this would be considered very rude. Is it the same in the States? 

I guess if the bride consents it’s ok. I know some brides choose for their bridesmaids to wear white. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Booklover said:

I already have a horrible view of Wendy so I am inclined to say she was rude. But if Tabitha chose her outfit, then I guess it’s fine. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic