IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

Josie Bates commented that she wishes she could have been there. I hope a lot of people couldn't make it. The smaller the wedding, the better.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, llucie said:

Ashley Sayler is livestreaming her wedding on her instagram account

Modest sleeves. Modest neckline. Ass defining fit/line. 

I think it's a nice dress. But, contradictory. Why can't you show your collar bone but you can emphasize your ass? 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

Did anyone else think they looked awkward as a couple?  She looked super happy and couldn't stand still.  He just looked like he wanted to get it over with.  

I loved the music, and the gown and bridesmaid dresses.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

She looked super embarrassed after they kissed. 

I would be incredibly embarrassed if everyone I in my life just watched me kiss my fiance for the first time and can watch it over and over and over again for the rest of our lives. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

I don't follow her anymore, can someone remind me her Instagram? Thanks 

I have tried but haven't found it by myself 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would be incredibly embarrassed if everyone I in my life just watched me kiss my fiance for the first time and can watch it over and over and over again for the rest of our lives. 

I can't imagine. We chose to wait on sex until our wedding night, but we were experienced kissers by our wedding ceremony. I read about saving first kisses for the wedding in IKDG and immediately thought "nope."

• Upvote 14

That was a pretty short ceremony. Start to finish, less than an hour. Even with the pre-ceremony footage. Admittely, I didn't listen to it all. But, as short as it was, there couldn't have been talk abut anyone's testicles, death, etc. 

I got married 24 years ago. It was non religious in every way and the ceremony lasted 35 minutes, from the start of the processional (one bridesmaid, 2 flower girls) to the "I now introduce you to..." No preaching, no religion anything, quick as we could make it. This ceremony only lasted 10 minutes more, roughly. 

So non-fundie. Or, at least so non "egomaniacle" fundie.

Wanna' bet Allison's wedding next week has some major time devoted to daddy Bontrager preaching, and baby making, and transfer of responsibility, etc. And it will be twice as long. 

• Upvote 11

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

That was a pretty short ceremony. Start to finish, less than an hour. Even with the pre-ceremony footage. Admittely, I didn't listen to it all. But, as short as it was, there couldn't have been talk abut anyone's testicles, death, etc. 

I got married 24 years ago. It was non religious in every way and the ceremony lasted 35 minutes, from the start of the processional (one bridesmaid, 2 flower girls) to the "I now introduce you to..." No preaching, no religion anything, quick as we could make it. This ceremony only lasted 10 minutes more, roughly. 

Wanna' bet Allison's wedding next week has some major time devoted to daddy Bontrager preaching, and baby making, and transfer of responsibility, etc. And it will be twice as long. 

Ugh. The Bontrager men love hearing themselves speak. It will be nauseating.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

We had a super short one too. I said people just wanted to be able to party. No special readings or anything. Just the required shit and done. I think the processional took longer.  Best idea ever. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

We had a super short one too. I said people just wanted to be able to party. No special readings or anything. Just the required shit and done. I think the processional took longer.  Best idea ever. 

Ours was short too. But I’m not religious. So no bible talk cut things way down.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ours was short too. But I’m not religious. So no bible talk cut things way down.

Same here. We are not religious which made things much quicker. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, BangBigTheory said:

Did anyone else think they looked awkward as a couple?  She looked super happy and couldn't stand still.  He just looked like he wanted to get it over with.  

I loved the music, and the gown and bridesmaid dresses.

So awkward. I got second hand embarrassment. He didn't seem into her at all! And did you see the dance at the reception? Something is so off about their chemistry.

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, Bgirl said:

So awkward. I got second hand embarrassment. He didn't seem into her at all! And did you see the dance at the reception? Something is so off about their chemistry.

There’s something odd about him. It’s like he is trying not to show any emotion at all. It makes me wonder if he thinks it’s manly to do that. Their entire relationship was pretty short from start to wedding day. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s something odd about him. It’s like he is trying not to show any emotion at all. It makes me wonder if he thinks it’s manly to do that. Their entire relationship was pretty short from start to wedding day. 

I don't know who this couple is apart from clicking the link to the live stream posted here. Did any one else think it looked like he pushed her away after the kiss?

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly! They posted the reception and the dance they did was worse than the ceremony. Even the MC said it was bland. They have known each other for eight months someone said.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I don't know who this couple is apart from clicking the link to the live stream posted here. Did any one else think it looked like he pushed her away after the kiss?

What I got from their first kiss was that she was completely embarrassed and he didn’t seem too thrilled that she was so embarrassed. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

That's what it looked like to me. He seemed annoyed with her and she just seemed silly.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

BTW I think her wedding colors are blush and bashful.

Pink is her *signature color*.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5

What I just do not understand is how these fundies just go through with regular weddings, no distancing, no masks while so many people are dying right now.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I've not followed them , but it looks like he didn't get the type of ceremony he he wanted.

Okay, so his eyes did sparkle a bit when she said her vows to him, but  he definitely didn't look happy at her sillyness which came across not just as ordinary embarrassment , but a very self centred, look at me behaviour. Nerves maybe, but this is a very self assured young lady.

• Upvote 4

I can’t stand Ashley so I can’t believe I’m sticking up for her. But I understand her over the top embarrassment. I would have been beyond mortified if even one person witnessed my first kiss. Let alone everyone I know. I really wish she would have pulled a Ben and Jessa and just went somewhere private to have a first kiss. I hate that there’s so much pressure in fundie land to do things only one way. Even if it publicly mortified you. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t stand Ashley so I can’t believe I’m sticking up for her. But I understand her over the top embarrassment. I would have been beyond mortified if even one person witnessed my first kiss. Let alone everyone I know. I really wish she would have pulled a Ben and Jessa and just went somewhere private to have a first kiss. I hate that there’s so much pressure in fundie land to do things only one way. Even if it publicly mortified you. 

I have so many stories about “first kiss at the altar.” There was a joke of a creak as everyone would lean forward to watch “their first kiss.....“ makes me want to puke.

One bride’s father stood up DURING the kiss to address the crowded room leaning forward as soon as the brief peck was completed (because they both were embarrassed about it) to say loudly “that was my daughter’s FIRST KISS!” Cheers and hoots and whistles. ?

Another bent his bride over and kissed her for a full solid minute while the twenty five + attendants on stage clapped and cheered. 

Another couple tried to accomplish a first kiss before wedding but couldn’t because they were never left alone so chose to forego it at the wedding. How sad is that?!

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

I would never want a crowd of people watching my first intimate moment with anyone - I was with a crowd with mine, although not right in front of them. I think the first kiss at the wedding is a humiliating thing to endure. Ashley was absolutely uncomfortable and very child-like in her embarassment. It's normal for first kisses to be embarassing. Mine was not humiliating, but I turned and walked away and would not look at him the whole rest of the day. (I was 14, the summer before 9th grade, we were at the public pool). It was kind of hard because we were all in a big group but I know the blushing was only not visible because of the sunburn. It took several days for me to talk to him again. It wasn't shame - it was embarassment at such intimacy that I'd never had before. We were with a bunch of people and while the kiss was away from them, I knew they all knew. 

We ended up "dating" as innocent 14 year olds who don't drive and live outside each other's neighborhoods can do. We went to different high schools so after a couple of months it just faded away. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic