IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

Rebekah Richardson is dating a guy called Logan Yoder and posted on FB that it's their first anniversary today. Also, I notice that Susannah's profile doesn't mention her relationship status anymore. I hope she broke up with the guy she was seeing (who was a convicted sex offender), but who knows.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Rebekah Richardson is dating a guy called Logan Yoder and posted on FB that it's their first anniversary today. Also, I notice that Susannah's profile doesn't mention her relationship status anymore. I hope she broke up with the guy she was seeing (who was a convicted sex offender), but who knows.

The surname makes me think he has Amish/Mennonite ancestry. If Susannah did break up with that guy, good for her. 

• I Agree 9

22 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

The surname makes me think he has Amish/Mennonite ancestry. If Susannah did break up with that guy, good for her. 

My extended family has Yoder neighbors that are renegade dairy farmers in the foothills of NC. I have to assume that they are a splinter group from Mennonites on the basis of the name alone, but they are decidedly Methodist now.

• Upvote 3

Is Rebekah Richardson related to Kevin Richardson who is engaged to Stephanie Ann Long? I’m not up to date on stuff and might have missed something, sorry if this has been covered already.

19 minutes ago, erunerune said:

Is Rebekah Richardson related to Kevin Richardson who is engaged to Stephanie Ann Long? I’m not up to date on stuff and might have missed something, sorry if this has been covered already.

No, not as far as I'm aware.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:25 PM, Triplet3 said:

Also, I notice that Susannah's profile doesn't mention her relationship status anymore. I hope she broke up with the guy she was seeing (who was a convicted sex offender), but who knows.

She can't tag him because his profile(s) were deleted. Registered sex offenders can't have social media accounts. There is really no reason to think that she found out or has a different opinion about him since it was first posted here.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 3

4 hours ago, TheJewAmongUs said:

She can't tag him because his profile(s) were deleted. Registered sex offenders can't have social media accounts. There is really no reason to think that she found out or has a different opinion about him since it was first posted here.

I know his profile was deleted. However, you can set your relationship status to 'In a relationship' without tagging another profile.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

I know his profile was deleted. However, you can set your relationship status to 'In a relationship' without tagging another profile.

She made her social media (more) private. She posted a photo of him and the incident where he changed Charissa's status and photo happened when her profile no longer showed "in a relationship." It is equally likely that she just learned not to publicize that she is dating a sex offender or someone that for a reason unknown to her keeps having his profiles removed.

Edited by TheJewAmongUs
  • Upvote 3

Jedi Willis and Laney McDowell’s wedding was moved from July 8th to July 15th, based on their registry and Instagram pages. 

The link to the registry is weird for some reason so here’s a screen shot

Spoiler

E59BDAE1-9D75-4C96-9FD2-300642F18261.thumb.jpeg.b5ee46590462a6d1f5fda6f0bc329901.jpeg

Erica Daming’s fiancé’s name is Ross Aycock (based on her Instagram) and they’re getting married in July 18th

https://registry.theknot.com/erica-daming-ross-aycock-july-2020-nc/41059592

Jonathan Mieczkowski and Bethany Derby are getting married September 7th

https://www.theknot.com/us/jonathan-mieczkowski-and-bethany-derby-sep-2020

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Addie Morton and Michael Holloway are engaged - Martha posted. 

Ahhh! i didn't see Martha's post but Rachel posted something yesterday congratulating A & M on getting engaged, and I figured it was them. Let's see, July 2020 engagement, October 2020 wedding (going with they pretty common fundie engagement of about 3 months), July 2021 baby #1. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We figured those two had broke up since we had not seen him in a long time. 

I definitely thought that he was long gone. Maybe he didn't like his picture on IG or she didnt like our idle speculation? Lol

They could have even gone through a period of separation.  I hope that we get a how we met story.

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, JMO said:

I definitely thought that he was long gone. Maybe he didn't like his picture on IG or she didnt like our idle speculation? Lol

They could have even gone through a period of separation.  I hope that we get a how we met story.

They definitely went through a separation, and I suspect that it was the thing that forced Michael's hand. They burned pretty bright for the first few months they were together, but he's been a ghost since September of last year. Adeline was stuck in Paraguay for 3 months this Spring, which I suspect was the catalyst for Michael wanting to seal the deal when she returned. She got back to the states in the middle of June, and they got engaged on or just before the 4th.

Very rough timeline:

* Addie and Michael meet in early/mid-2019. Start the Morton-approved butt sniffing process that is basically dating, yet somehow isn't.

* They get pretty serious. She's got plans to visit Paraguay in May to help out when Rachel has her baby, so they part. But things are *serious*, so Michael surprises her in Paraguay during her visit. They are together for a couple of weeks before he returns. Lots of pics, lots of posting. I suspected they'd get engaged then and there since he went to so much trouble to surprise her, but nothing came of it.

* Michael returns home. A month later, Addie does as well. He's still in the picture until August, and Addie continued posting daily through early September. Then, she takes a break from social media for a few weeks.

* Addie returns in late September, and starts vague-posting about God's plan, and waiting, and timing, and all of the other fundy maiden euphemisms for getting left on read by a potential headship.

* Addie suddenly gets extremely invested in dog breeding in October. Over the course of the last few months of 2019, she starts collecting dogs.

* The Mortons host Thanksgiving for all of their extended family and friends. Michael isn't there.

*  Another social media break, this one lasting pretty much all of January. Mike (her brother) visited from Paraguay during that time.

* Just a couple of months after her brother's visit, Addie decides to drag some random teenage fundy maiden (Mercy) to Paraguay with her. The visit was supposed to be a few weeks, but due to COVID, they were effectively stranded in Paraguay for more than 3 months. 

* Kress seems to have bonded a lot with Mercy on this trip, and made a few posts commenting on how much she missed her company. Weirdly, Kress didn't post anything specific about missing Addie, which made me wonder if Addie was spending a lot of time doing something outside of Kress and Mike's house, or perhaps was just really distracted and left Mercy and Kressant together for long periods of time.

* Addie returns home, and three weeks later, she's engaged.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

Remind me again: what do we know about Mr. Addie? I only remember that he is considerably younger than her (I always thought she would end up with an older man) and way too into guns.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

They definitely went through a separation, and I suspect that it was the thing that forced Michael's hand. They burned pretty bright for the first few months they were together, but he's been a ghost since September of last year. Adeline was stuck in Paraguay for 3 months this Spring, which I suspect was the catalyst for Michael wanting to seal the deal when she returned. She got back to the states in the middle of June, and they got engaged on or just before the 4th.

Very rough timeline:

* Addie and Michael meet in early/mid-2019. Start the Morton-approved butt sniffing process that is basically dating, yet somehow isn't.

* They get pretty serious. She's got plans to visit Paraguay in May to help out when Rachel has her baby, so they part. But things are *serious*, so Michael surprises her in Paraguay during her visit. They are together for a couple of weeks before he returns. Lots of pics, lots of posting. I suspected they'd get engaged then and there since he went to so much trouble to surprise her, but nothing came of it.

* Michael returns home. A month later, Addie does as well. He's still in the picture until August, and Addie continued posting daily through early September. Then, she takes a break from social media for a few weeks.

* Addie returns in late September, and starts vague-posting about God's plan, and waiting, and timing, and all of the other fundy maiden euphemisms for getting left on read by a potential headship.

* Addie suddenly gets extremely invested in dog breeding in October. Over the course of the last few months of 2019, she starts collecting dogs.

* The Mortons host Thanksgiving for all of their extended family and friends. Michael isn't there.

*  Another social media break, this one lasting pretty much all of January. Mike (her brother) visited from Paraguay during that time.

* Just a couple of months after her brother's visit, Addie decides to drag some random teenage fundy maiden (Mercy) to Paraguay with her. The visit was supposed to be a few weeks, but due to COVID, they were effectively stranded in Paraguay for more than 3 months. 

* Kress seems to have bonded a lot with Mercy on this trip, and made a few posts commenting on how much she missed her company. Weirdly, Kress didn't post anything specific about missing Addie, which made me wonder if Addie was spending a lot of time doing something outside of Kress and Mike's house, or perhaps was just really distracted and left Mercy and Kressant together for long periods of time.

* Addie returns home, and three weeks later, she's engaged.

I think Mercy stayed with Kressant and Addie with Rachel, which could explain the difference. 

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I think Mercy stayed with Kressant and Addie with Rachel, which could explain the difference. 

Addie also seemed to be with that older couple a lot.  I wasn't sure if she was living with them.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Remind me again: what do we know about Mr. Addie? I only remember that he is considerably younger than her (I always thought she would end up with an older man) and way too into guns.

I personally don't know much, but hopefully, some other FJers can contribute better insights. This is what I'm personally aware of:

* His full name is Michael Holloway

* He's about 22-23 years old to Addie's 29.

* He has had a variety of jobs, but as you'd expect from someone in his age range, he hasn't found a career yet. I think someone said he worked at a jewelry store in the Morton thread last year? But I may be misremembering that.

* He currently lives in Georgia.

Things I speculate based on circumstantial evidence:

* He may work in IT or some other job that can be done remotely, because he was able to take weeks off to visit Addie in Paraguay last year without any difficulty. So it seems likely that he's either self employed, was unemployed at the time of the trip, or can easily do whatever job he has remotely from another country in an area that has (according to Kress and Rachel) incredibly inconsistent internet and cell service.

* For the same reason as above, I suspect he lives with his parents, or at least he did at the time of the trip last year.

* The majority of the family had met him several times by the time he traveled to Paraguay last year. Based on social media comments, this included people on the Morton compound, as well as outliers like some members of the Campana family in Florida, and Dorothy. This suggests he was in her life for at least one or two social gatherings prior to May 2019.

* Based on youth, and the probability of living with parents, they very well may end up living in the "big house" with the elder Mortons, Paul, and Edwin. At least, for a while. However, the barn apartment will be vacant within the next year, and they'll probably move into it once Sam and Alyssa move into their new build.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I personally don't know much, but hopefully, some other FJers can contribute better insights. This is what I'm personally aware of:

* His full name is Michael Holloway

* He's about 22-23 years old to Addie's 29.

* He has had a variety of jobs, but as you'd expect from someone in his age range, he hasn't found a career yet. I think someone said he worked at a jewelry store in the Morton thread last year? But I may be misremembering that.

* He currently lives in Georgia.

Things I speculate based on circumstantial evidence:

* He may work in IT or some other job that can be done remotely, because he was able to take weeks off to visit Addie in Paraguay last year without any difficulty. So it seems likely that he's either self employed, was unemployed at the time of the trip, or can easily do whatever job he has remotely from another country in an area that has (according to Kress and Rachel) incredibly inconsistent internet and cell service.

* For the same reason as above, I suspect he lives with his parents, or at least he did at the time of the trip last year.

* The majority of the family had met him several times by the time he traveled to Paraguay last year. Based on social media comments, this included people on the Morton compound, as well as outliers like some members of the Campana family in Florida, and Dorothy. This suggests he was in her life for at least one or two social gatherings prior to May 2019.

* Based on youth, and the probability of living with parents, they very well may end up living in the "big house" with the elder Mortons, Paul, and Edwin. At least, for a while. However, the barn apartment will be vacant within the next year, and they'll probably move into it once Sam and Alyssa move into their new build.

Lise and Cleve's apartment may be open as well. I'd expected it was to go to Edwin though if he is courting. Also not sure what happened to Martha's trailer. That may be in play as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Although we don't know much about their relationship they seem to know each other for quite some time. Which is actually good IMHO. If they were separated at one point, I hope they reconnected because they genuinely love each other and not because Addie might feel the pressure of turning 30 next year and still being unmarried.

I hope they don't live on the compound and get a life of their own.. whatever that means in their world. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

There’s a registry for Adeline and Michael on the knot. It gives a wedding date of September 12,2020 and Moultrie as the location 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

34 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

There’s a registry for Adeline and Michael on the knot. It gives a wedding date of September 12,2020 and Moultrie as the location 

Damn I was close. 

• Upvote 5

On 6/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, FaithAndReason said:

Holy Wow. That is all I can say.

No, if you look at their "photos" section of the wedding site, he's in flannel and jeans? or dark pants?  The photos of him looking like an old man kidnapping a child by chasing her around a tree are from a later photo shoot. <----sorry if that offends, but that's all I see every time I see those pictures.

In other news, "we" might have a little Natty Jr a year from now! 

Anyone else think it odd (or perhaps it’s a Freudian slip) that the wedding website is all “Nathaniel Darnell oh and also Abigail Cochran exists.” Generally wedding etiquette is the bride is listed first — after all it’s the bride’s family that is hosting the wedding and inviting guests to the ceremony. The narcissism just REEKS out of Natty D. ??

B0E6029E-0219-418A-91A5-21EA6697E729.png

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic