IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

2 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I have a feeling that Natty is far worse than John Schrader. Schrader is horrible as a provider but I don't get the feeling he's an excessively cruel spouse. My gut tells me that Natty is of the cruel variety and I fear for that young woman. However, I think she'll put on a brave face for 5-10 years before she finds herself and her dignity. 

His brother and his first wife were married for about 9-10 before she had enough and divorced him. 
It depends, though, on how fundie she may be. I don’t think the brother’s wife was as much in the Kool-aid as Abigail, so who knows. Josh and Anna Duggar are still married at this point. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Not sure he'll cross the line of outright cruelty- but he will be a critical, controlling, and overpowering spouse, if he's anything like what he is before marriage.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

2 minutes ago, Claire said:

Not sure he'll cross the line of outright cruelty- but he will be a critical, controlling, and overpowering spouse, if he's anything like what he is before marriage.

Claire, when did you know Natty?

Also, isn't being overly critical, controlling, and overpowering cruelty in a marriage? As a psychologist, I don't think any of those descriptors could ever result in happiness, self-worth, good self-esteem, and a degree of autonomy (even if it's in the role of wife and not equal autonomy in every decision, as is the fundie way) for anyone. Someone else mentioned John Shrader on this thread and I despise John Shrader for so many many many things. I think he is narcissistic even but I truly do believe he thinks highly of Esther and her role in the family and allows Esther to make her own decisions within her role as wife and mother. I have never got the impression that he is critical of his wife, controlling, or he overpowers her. I think he trusts how she mothers their kids, cares for their babies, keeps house, runs ladies groups in their "church" etc. I don't get that impression from Natty Darnell.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I'm not defending him at all...  Just giving a personal opinion, that I've not seen a side of outright cruelty.  But yes- those three things could absolutely be seen as cruel within a marriage, and I don't think there is any possibility of happiness, self-worth, good self-esteem, or any autonomy at all for any woman who lives with him.  I don't know who John Shrader is, but the things you say about him (aside from narcissism) don't seem at all like ND.

I'm not comfortable saying when I was around him, because I know he reads this site at times and I don't want to give any details at all that could identify me.  But if you send me a private message, I'll answer.  

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Claire said:

I'm not defending him at all...  Just giving a personal opinion, that I've not seen a side of outright cruelty.  But yes- those three things could absolutely be seen as cruel within a marriage, and I don't think there is any possibility of happiness, self-worth, good self-esteem, or any autonomy at all for any woman who lives with him.  I don't know who John Shrader is, but the things you say about him (aside from narcissism) don't seem at all like ND.

I'm not comfortable saying when I was around him, because I know he reads this site at times and I don't want to give any details at all that could identify me.  But if you send me a private message, I'll answer.  

I can’t give away too many details but my contact who was around knows of cruelty — all I can say is there was an occasion where a throat had hands around it. Remember in a world where only he can be right, there is always an opening to violent / cruel outbursts. 

13 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

His brother and his first wife were married for about 9-10 before she had enough and divorced him. 
It depends, though, on how fundie she may be. I don’t think the brother’s wife was as much in the Kool-aid as Abigail, so who knows. Josh and Anna Duggar are still married at this point. ?‍♀️

How drowned in Kool-aid is definitely an indicator of how long. From what I’ve heard and seen, the brother’s ex wife was raised near the fundie / IBLP / VF world but not quite in it. Enough to be on the courtship / submission band wagon to make her try and try for years to be what was wanted out of her before she woke up, but not enough to play into the women shouldn’t be allowed to think or do anything beliefs that Natty and his family hold dear. Probably made it really hard on her the whole time they were married, trying to figure out how to be both worlds of normal and whack. She also worked all through their marriage, I think, judging by her LinkedIn. I have heard it was a sore spot in the marriage, though for some of that time the brother didn’t have a good job or a job at all so I’m not sure how they were supposed to live if she didn’t work! Maybe they should have just trusted God to provide them and their kids food and shelter while neither of them worked? Move in with his parents? These types never seem to have an answer for what to do if their little one income man only world doesn’t pan out. 

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Remember in a world where only he can be right, there is always an opening to violent / cruel outbursts. 

Agreed.  If during the courtship phase when they are never alone he is still controlling/over bearing then what happens when they are together all the time and he no longer needs to "win her over".  Especially once pregnancy and children come into play and he is not always allowed to be the number one priority.  If she's up at night taking care of the baby when he wants to some sexy time, how is that going to go over?  If she is exhausted and spending 24 hrs a day nursing and taking care of little ones and can't be a bright cheery young newlywed, how is he going to handle that?  I wouldn't be surprised if we see posts about the need to correct your wife in her misdeeds with "spanking".  I hope that she gets out sooner rather than later.  While I don't like to speculate on someone I don't know personally, this guy has red flags popping up all over.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Agreed.  If during the courtship phase when they are never alone he is still controlling/over bearing then what happens when they are together all the time and he no longer needs to "win her over".  Especially once pregnancy and children come into play and he is not always allowed to be the number one priority.  If she's up at night taking care of the baby when he wants to some sexy time, how is that going to go over?  If she is exhausted and spending 24 hrs a day nursing and taking care of little ones and can't be a bright cheery young newlywed, how is he going to handle that?  I wouldn't be surprised if we see posts about the need to correct your wife in her misdeeds with "spanking".  I hope that she gets out sooner rather than later.  While I don't like to speculate on someone I don't know personally, this guy has red flags popping up all over.  

Imagine having only one car (because why would you need two if he’s the only one who needs to get to work or any event).... imagine him being wherever he wants to be while she is “holding down the fort“ at home alone. Imagine being exhausted and he is flipping out because she’s not keeping the baby quiet so he can rest / relax / have “me time.” Imagine she doesn’t get his preferred shirt laundered in time and has to rush around trying to figure out what to do to make him calm down. Imagine him standing up in a church service to defend Molesters and sexual predators and emotionally abusive and manipulative people.... Imagine a world where Deborah and Esther and Bathsheba are evil and women in any role of civil or business management are bad and only men are allowed to think. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

I’m not sure how they were supposed to live if she didn’t work! Maybe they should have just trusted God to provide them and their kids food and shelter while neither of them worked? Move in with his parents? These types never seem to have an answer for what to do if their little one income man only world doesn’t pan out. 

Do you mean like David and Jill Rodrigues? Maybe they could grift or caterwaul for a living.

• Upvote 4

Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf got married either today or yesterday. David and Pris made it seem like it was today, but their registry was for the 18th.

Dani Daming (who appears to be non-fundie or at least less so than her siblings, which explains her low profile) also got married yesterday according to Heidi's insta.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, albireo said:

Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf got married either today or yesterday. David and Pris made it seem like it was today, but their registry was for the 18th.

Dani Daming (who appears to be non-fundie or at least less so than her siblings, which explains her low profile) also got married yesterday according to Heidi's insta.

Damn, this is going to double post. I checked Erica's registry date and that was actually Erica's wedding to Ross Aycock. Dani's account was just tagged in the photo. I do think we should take Dani off the list.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

We can move Nathan and Nurie to the "Recently Married" category - their wedding was July 25.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, harkasquirrel said:

We can move Nathan and Nurie to the "Recently Married" category - their wedding was July 25.

Yeah, I haven't updated in a couple of weeks because I've been busy. I'll try to get to it in the next couple of days. 

• Upvote 4

Looks like Susannah Richardson is in a relationship with someone called Josh Carrier now. I'm SO glad she broke up with the other chap!!

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

On 4/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, hollyandivy said:

The Hale wedding (with the masks) that was mentioned in the last thread: Photographer was Christopher Maxwell. I don't;t know why the Maxwells bother to put up a big post about social distancing and how they don't even get together with the extended family, yet here goes their son and shoots a wedding?????

https://christophermaxwell.com/photos/job-and-bethany-florida/

I just had a wander through these images and some of them are beautiful portraits. Holy heck, but the man understands his audience. Especially the candid images of setting up, the different styles of hair covers etc. Really not bad. (but yeah, all with 6 feet distance and a mask please)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Genevieve Jackson is getting married today instead of the 8th, according to her ig.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

45 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Genevieve Jackson is getting married today instead of the 8th, according to her ig.

And apparently they're getting a Covenant Marriage because they're oh-so-godly. ???

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 4

Genevieve has been partying quite a bit. Her bachelorette party was a no mask no social distancing affair. I’m guessing the wedding will be as well. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I just had a wander through these images and some of them are beautiful portraits. Holy heck, but the man understands his audience. Especially the candid images of setting up, the different styles of hair covers etc. Really not bad. (but yeah, all with 6 feet distance and a mask please)

Retired photographer, here. He does a beautiful job.
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I was looking at the “in a relationship “ category and I would say it’s pretty certain Justice Phillips and Kelsey Yeo are broken up. 

And Genevieve Jackson is listed as in a relationship but she's getting married today. So you can get rid of that too. 

• Thank You 5

On 8/1/2020 at 9:15 AM, VBOY9977 said:

Is she still a student at Oral Roberts?

I'd like to congrats her older sister Marjorie for not being married and  pregnant with her third little Duggar by now

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is she still a student at Oral Roberts?

I'd like to congrats her older sister Marjorie for not being married and  pregnant with her third little Duggar by now

According to her ig bio she’s an ORU grad. I think she graduated this year (Edit: she did- in May). Just in time to become a ~godly~ wife and not use her degree at all ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Anyone seen Natty's FB lately? There is a picture of hime & the groomsmen, all sportin' guns. Becuase they're tough guys, y'all. 

What a moron, He tries excessively hard to be a manly man. And fails.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 8

Ashley Sayler has been posting tons of bridal shower/bridesmaids events on IG in preparation for her wedding.  I'm interested to see her dress choice.  She's has a good fashion sense and will be beautiful.  

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic