IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

57 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Allison Bontrager is engaged to a Jeremiah? Do we know anything about him?

Oh damn, I missed this!

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Oh God, this thing will be such a snooty snark fest for me. 

I want to make a Fundie formalwear Bingo card for it with square for khakis, polo shirts, pilled jersey tops, and sneaker slip ons. The center square of course will be a denim skirt.

I've never understood why fundy maidens, who are supposed to be experts in the domestic arts, can't tailor their thousand and one bridesmaid dresses into something to wear to other weddings. Take up the hem, change up the sash, shorten the sleeves if you want, and bamm, you are the belle of the (non-dancing) ball.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Oh God, this thing will be such a snooty snark fest for me. 

I want to make a Fundie formalwear Bingo card for it with square for khakis, polo shirts, pilled jersey tops, and sneaker slip ons. The center square of course will be a denim skirt.

I've been to Granville, Ohio, as well as the wedding venue and it is lovely.  I'll be very interested to see the photos!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, albireo said:

Lindsay Reith is also in a relationship with someone from the band: Aaron Killingsworth. I suspected as much in earlier pictures but she recently posted something about a date with him. 

On the subject of Allison: no clue who Jeremiah is. The Bons know a lot of people. 100% chance she'll stay insufferable. 

The Reith sisters have had a few break ups. I think it’s a bad idea to date a band mate. If they break up, that’s going to get awkward fast.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Sweet Jebus, now we are going to be subjected to her deep knowledge of being engaged! Then, of being married!

At least maybe now she'll stop dating her brothers and obsessing about their manhood. Maybe now she'll STFU about the "single season". 

Well, her blog post about the engagement ends with this sentence:

ps. I hope to share from my heart on lessons/joys/gifts of the different seasons: single, dating, engagement, and soon marriage

So looks like, as she's getting ready to give us all marriage advice, she's not quite ready to let go of giving us advice on being single as well. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

Per the Bontrager blog, Allison’s fiancé’s full name is Jeremiah Helferich and they’re getting married on August 15th.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

Helferich sounds like an old-fashioned German family name. Maybe he has also Mennonite roots. 

I'm happy with her, but I agree with a previous poster: she'll stay insufferable. Now it will all be about babies and motherhood.

• Upvote 9

If she's going to blog about the engagement season she better do it fast!! Assuming the news is current, I'm continually surprised at how fundies can plan weddings. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

If she's going to blog about the engagement season she better do it fast!! Assuming the news is current, I'm continually surprised at how fundies can plan weddings. 

I don’t think it’s current. Chelsy got engaged right before the September weddings and announced her engagement in October. I could see Allison doing the same thing. 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

https://www.weddingwire.us/website/nathaniel-darnell-and-abigail-cochran

Natty Darnell posted his courtship story. It is...something. 

Oh dear Lord. So much third person. So Natty-centred, including bible verse to show it's perfectly normal to live with your parents at age 40. Shock that God's chosen one was so much younger,  but yet his mother had suggested the very same when he was naught but a boy. And to be continued?! Be still my beating heart.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 3

That was so bad. He acts as if his life is some sort of thrilling medieval tale. When really it’s boring AF. They started courting in October 2019 and they will marry 9 months later. Because that’s the only way Natty can make sure she doesn’t have enough time to come to her senses and call off the relationship. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Dear LORD. 

"after years and years of waiting and seeking the face of the Lord over who he should marry"

Years and years of trying to marry someone, anyone...... seeking the face of ANY girl who would let him rope her....

• Upvote 20

" Once upon a time, a little boy couldn't sleep at night. His mother told him to spend the time awake lying in bed to pray for his future wife."

I'm not a mother so perhaps other parents can help me out here. However, when I was a child, I don't remember ever not being able to sleep  because I was worried about my future husband. My mother never soothed me by telling me to pray for my future spouse.  I did often watch "Night Gallery" (a horror show) with my dad when he came home late from his second job and found me still awake. I don't think it is quite the same though. Help me out moms and dads. Do small children fret about their future spouse? Does praying for the unborn spouse's eternal soul help a child sleep?

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Anyone else notice how RIFE with misspellings this entire site is??? "Jewlry" "accomodations"....

Apparently, he’s too good to use spell check ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, browngrl said:

" Once upon a time, a little boy couldn't sleep at night. His mother told him to spend the time awake lying in bed to pray for his future wife."

I'm not a mother so perhaps other parents can help me out here. However, when I was a child, I don't remember ever not being able to sleep  because I was worried about my future husband. My mother never soothed me by telling me to pray for my future spouse.  I did often watch "Night Gallery" (a horror show) with my dad when he came home late from his second job and found me still awake. I don't think it is quite the same though. Help me out moms and dads. Do small children fret about their future spouse? Does praying for the unborn spouse's eternal soul help a child sleep?

Not a parent, but I read that part as he was unable to sleep one night for some not given reason and his mom suggested maybe he pray for his future spouse to help him sleep. I don’t think he was saying that young him was staying up late worrying about his spouse. That whole story is so him focused though, like he didn’t write anything about her or really anything about how they met or how he asked her to court or anything that goes into their story. There’s just a whole bunch of god talk and justifying him marrying someone so young. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

If one of my boys couldn’t sleep, I would never tell them to think about their future wife. Because they wouldn’t reply with, “I’m never getting married!” Since they’ve told me that more than once. And I honestly don’t give a shit if they never marry. 

• Upvote 11

47 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Not a parent, but I read that part as he was unable to sleep one night for some not given reason and his mom suggested maybe he pray for his future spouse to help him sleep. I don’t think he was saying that young him was staying up late worrying about his spouse. That whole story is so him focused though, like he didn’t write anything about her or really anything about how they met or how he asked her to court or anything that goes into their story. There’s just a whole bunch of god talk and justifying him marrying someone so young. 

Yep, all about him, him, him. Good luck, Abigail. You’re going to need it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Dear LORD. 

"after years and years of waiting and seeking the face of the Lord over who he should marry"

Years and years of trying to marry someone, anyone...... seeking the face of ANY girl who would let him rope her....

How old is Abigail?

4 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Oh my goodness... What did I just read? What was THAT? Why was it written in third person past tense? It’s written like they’re dead! It reads like some poorly (and I do mean poorly) written fanfictionesque story. Just...WHAT!? Why... Just... Why?

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, pupper said:

How old is Abigail?

• Thank You 1

Why is nutty Natty calling this Abigail and Nathaniel's story ? It's all Natty with a minor supporting appearance of Abigail's dad . 

• Upvote 11

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic