IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

21 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

When I was in high school we actually had two seniors get married before graduation.

When I was in high school - back in the day -- you could be married and still attend,  but not pregnant. This may have just been the school board's rule, but no pregnant girl was allowed to attend in person. I guess they though it was a bad influence or bad example for the rest of us.  Pregnant girls attended classes at home, 

Since 99.99999% of the married girls in high school got married because they were pregnant, as soon as you could tell, off they went to home.  I remember one girl  (cheerleader) who got married in January of our senior year (football player boyfriend). By February she was showing and not in school.  She graduated, but wasn't allowed to walk graduation because she was pregnant. She was there as the wife watching her 18-year old hubby (soon to be a father) walk the stage.  I learned year later that they "celebrated" after we won the homecoming game and she got pregnant the 1st time she ever had sex. The majority of girls who got married (or not) because they were pregnant simply dropped out of school never to return.

Now. of course, there were a few girls who gained a little weight, then went off to help out a sick great aunt for 5-6 months and returned in September to start classes as slim as ever.  It was known as visiting relatives in X (state).  The home for unwed mothers was a couple of hours across the state line.

There were also a few emergency appendectomies -- those seemed to happen only to the popular girls whose families had money.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1

Speculation train: Trace Bates and Hannah Wissmann. She is the only single and available chaste maiden he is following on instagram. Their families are familiar with each other but he does not follow her other single sisters... ?

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Speculation train: Trace Bates and Hannah Wissmann. She is the only single and available chaste maiden he is following on instagram. Their families are familiar with each other but he does not follow her other single sisters... ?

And here I was thinking she was dating this dude...

But nope, it's her brother!

• Haha 26

9 hours ago, love2scrap said:

It's been awhile since a Wissman got married. On the surface it'd work well. Appropriately modern yet fundie, active and athletic. She's a country girl who sings. Would be interesting.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Trace and his good friend Logan Smith visited the Wissmanns twice in the span of a month earlier this year. In the pictures, Logan looked much more comfortable with the family. It was my guess that Logan was interested in one of the girls and Trace was acting as his wing man. But it’s possible one of the girls caught his eye while acting as wing man. They could both be interested in one of the 3 single Wissmann girls close to their age. 

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

And here I was thinking she was dating this dude...

But nope, it's her brother!

The Wissmanns are the worst at this. They constantly pose like a fundie couple. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Wissmanns are the worst at this. They constantly pose like a fundie couple. 

But do the Wissmann girls nurture their brothers' manhood???

:my_sick:

Edited by neurogirl
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, neurogirl said:

But do the Wissmann girls worship their brothers' manhood???

:my_sick:

I haven’t seen them go as far as Allison Bontrager. However if you look at their instagrams and family blog, it’s amazing how many pictures are posted with brother/sister combos looking exactly like courting couples. There are A LOT.

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

worship their brothers' manhood???

I almost hate to ask -- but what is this?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I almost hate to ask -- but what is this?

An extremely inappropriate blog post Allison wrote a couple of years ago. She feels that brothers need their manhood to be nurtured by their sisters. It was gag worthy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

And how, exactly do your nurture your brother's manhood?

A link to the blog if you have it readily handy would be great

9 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I’m digging through her blog. I will post it when I find it. In the mean time, look at this one: 

https://www.fromallison.com/1700-2/

Found it!!!

https://www.fromallison.com/nurturing-brothers-manhood/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm going to need to have that behind a spoiler ?

edit: well I'm off to the prayer closet since it is clear that my mind went right into the gutter whereas everyone else seems to be on the straight and narrow. 

Edited by browngrl
just saw the follow up post
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m digging through her blog. I will post it when I find it. In the mean time, look at this one: 

https://www.fromallison.com/1700-2/

Found it!!!

https://www.fromallison.com/nurturing-brothers-manhood/

For as god awful as the manhood post is - and make no mistake, there is nothing on the planet that is worse than that & it crosses every boundary of decency  - the learning your brother's love language totally creeped me out. When I first read it and now. As far as I am concerned, that entire "love language" concept is between romantic partners, period, end. of. story. and no sibling has any business knowing it, or exploring it, in any of their siblings. 

Just more evidence that they have blurred the lines of love so extensively, it's really no surprise many of the situations found in fundieland. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

For as god awful as the manhood post is - and make no mistake, there is nothing on the planet that is worse than that & it crosses every boundary of decency  - the learning your brother's love language totally creeped me out. When I first read it and now. As far as I am concerned, that entire "love language" concept is between romantic partners, period, end. of. story. and no sibling has any business knowing it, or exploring it, in any of their siblings. 

Just more evidence that they have blurred the lines of love so extensively, it's really no surprise many of the situations found in fundieland. 

Even my sister and I never hug. She and I have always needed huge personal space bubbles. Growing up, she would be sitting on one side of the couch and I would sit down on the other. She would immediately ask, “why do you have to sit so close?!” And we would be at least two feet apart! So the whole touch is your brother’s love language idea is creepy to me. I can’t imagine giving siblings back rubs as teenagers. Sure teenage siblings may hug hello and goodbye but I’ve honestly never seen teenage siblings giving each other back rubs in order to express their love for one another.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Nurturing manhood and your brother's love languages -- Squick. Double squick. Uber Squicky!!

Here's the thing.  I know my brother's interests and his likes -- foods, colors, music, chocolate (so much chocolate).  But I'd never call them his love languages.  It's simply that if I buy him a sweater for Christmas I pick his favorite color, the style he likes and make sure it's non-itchy wool.

It's being nice.  It probably is showing I love him enough to know his preferences.  But it's not the squicky love languages Allison advocates. We hug, but not in a creepy you'd think we were dating way.

Now that my brother and I are adults, we meet on an equal plain -- big sister knows best is long gone.  He's a grown man and I do ask his advice about things he knows.  I did not do that when he was 10 and I was a teenager. I didn't treat him like a man when he was 10.  He and his friends though farts and belching on command were so cool -- not grown man behavior at all. I didn't defer to his 10-year old boy wisdom and judgement. And you can bet I told him not to peel out from a stop sign when he was driving my car.

Allison and those fundie girl-women believe that every woman must be submissive to every man, no matter his age.  Do the mothers nurture the manhood of their sons by deferring to the 10-year old's wisdom/ judgement?

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I haven’t seen them go as far as Allison Bontrager. However if you look at their instagrams and family blog, it’s amazing how many pictures are posted with brother/sister combos looking exactly like courting couples. There are A LOT.

Natty Darnell used to post photos of him holding hands with his younger sister. Posing like a couple. So weird!!! The posts of Their brother and his ex wife were less romantic. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Love languages are not squicky to me by themselves actually. I see it as understanding how someone you care about best feels appreciated. I think they can be very helpful in romantic relationships, but also parent-child and friendships so I could see it working for siblings. What my husband and friends learned is that I respond best to Words of Affirmation and so if I am down they'll send me nice text or something. One of my friends has Gift Giving as hers so I show her love by buying her a coffee sometimes, or sending her a sentimental gift when her mother died. She in turn uses her artistry to make gifts for everyone else.

However, the Bontrager brother worship is altogether gross in general. And there was no blog post on brothers learning how best to appreciate their sisters. So I totally get why its icky in that context.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

If you check out Lindsay Reith's IG stories, Emily is holding hands with Matthew Clayton, one of the other band members.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, albireo said:

If you check out Lindsay Reith's IG stories, Emily is holding hands with Matthew Clayton, one of the other band members.

Is she related to the lady that ended a courtship with Zach Bates?

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

Is she related to the lady that ended a courtship with Zach Bates?

It’s her sister 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, albireo said:

I just saw her story and the guy’s name is Alex, not Matthew. I guess you got confused with Matthew Reith ?

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I just saw her story and the guy’s name is Alex, not Matthew. I guess you got confused with Matthew Reith ?

I totally did, sorry. I managed to think they were both named Matthew. Haven't been sleeping well ?

• Upvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic