IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Adeling finally posted about her engagement. Sort of. It's a long winded, Addie screed of Love to Her Father. Not daddy, but Her Father. 

Don't forget the threesome marriage with her, jesus and Michael. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

Don't forget the threesome marriage with her, jesus and Michael. 

Eeeww. Jesus is God is the Holy Ghost, right? Meaning God Her Father is Jesus. I don't think I want to know any further what goes on inside that girl's head. 

• Upvote 5

Here to say some sort-of-nice things about Natty's wedding.

Sort-of-nice:

Her dress is pretty. I like the tulip short sleeves and the neckline.  It does not look like a fundie homemade wedding dress.  It's not Anna's t-shirt wedding dress, which is still and forever the ugliest wedding dress in all of Fundie-land.

In the photos Natty seems to have a genuine smile on his face.  He looks happy.  Genuinely happy, not the fake happy smile he usually has.

There seemed to be social distancing in the pews

Snark:

The bridesmaid dresses were not chosen to flatter anyone's body type and light grey lavender blue  is no one's color -- ever.

Bride's hair -- those ringlet curls look crispy crunchy with hair spray and dry shampoo. A low off center chignon with a few soft face framing tendrils would have been better.

Bridesmaids all went with long lank unstyled hair. I realize they're not supposed to out shine the bride, but geez louise they didn't even try to do anything with their hair.

There are no flowers around the lectern/ on the stage, just some potted plants. Is no flowers a fundie thing? Are florists not doing wedding flowers? Was the wedding done on the very very very cheap so they just borrowed ferns and plants from people?

I know there is such a thing as fundie fashion, but no one except the wedding party looks dressed up/ in Sunday best.  In one photo there a young teenage boy in a t-shirt and jeans. Even in this time of COVID people can dress nicely.

And speaking of COVID -- no one wore a mask!!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Here to say some sort-of-nice things about Natty's wedding.

Sort-of-nice:

Her dress is pretty. I like the tulip short sleeves and the neckline.  It does not look like a fundie homemade wedding dress.  It's not Anna's t-shirt wedding dress, which is still and forever the ugliest wedding dress in all of Fundie-land.

In the photos Natty seems to have a genuine smile on his face.  He looks happy.  Genuinely happy, not the fake happy smile he usually has.

There seemed to be social distancing in the pews

Snark:

The bridesmaid dresses were not chosen to flatter anyone's body type and light grey lavender blue  is no one's color -- ever.

Bride's hair -- those ringlet curls look crispy crunchy with hair spray and dry shampoo. A low off center chignon with a few soft face framing tendrils would have been better.

Bridesmaids all went with long lank unstyled hair. I realize they're not supposed to out shine the bride, but geez louise they didn't even try to do anything with their hair.

There are no flowers around the lectern/ on the stage, just some potted plants. Is no flowers a fundie thing? Are florists not doing wedding flowers? Was the wedding done on the very very very cheap so they just borrowed ferns and plants from people?

I know there is such a thing as fundie fashion, but no one except the wedding party looks dressed up/ in Sunday best.  In one photo there a young teenage boy in a t-shirt and jeans. Even in this time of COVID people can dress nicely.

And speaking of COVID -- no one wore a mask!!

Likely done cheap. Natty apparently has purchased a fixer upper and he has not been known for anything financially but ripping people off including his parents and spending way too much on weird stuff like custom cowboy boots and suit coats. He dropped a pretty penny trying to get his godawful Movie based on his even more godawful book into a big splash at the NRB conference years ago. I can’t imagine her family is that well off given typical fundie behavior (one income, usually doing something small and having a ton of kids). 

what is with fundies not fixing their hair or having good hair styles!!!! The girls literally never seem to ever go to the salon ever. No trimming much less cutting much less styling. Ugh

• Upvote 10

Long time lurker. I don't know why but I am utterly fascinated with Natty D and his new bride. Not sure why- age difference? The fact that I grew up in the county where he lives? Vile beliefs? All of those things???? I came around way after the fall of VF, so I just see some mentions here and there, but not the whole story. My search skills are not expert level, so can anyone point me to a rabbit hole? I so wish his blog was still active!

Edited by SisterMom
  • Upvote 14

43 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And why on earth is Natty in a white tie and tails when it is not a formal wedding and it's during the day?!?

Own what your wedding (and budget) is and dress accordingly. I always find it hysterical how the Vision Forum crowd loves to pretend at being so elite, but have no idea of actual etiquette rules. 

On 7/9/2020 at 2:40 PM, SolomonFundy said:

The main issue is the bridesmaid dresses. Assuming she has the whole crew stand with her, as seems to be tradition, they are going to need 20+ assorted dresses for the adults and children. Unless she's recycling things that were worn for other women's weddings (with gently different styling, highly advisable, and why not?), she's going to need to stick to online retailers and stretch knits.

The first time I was a bridesmaid, the bride decided on the dress colors President's Day weekend for the June 23rd wedding. I was surprised when I looked at the dress sites at how tight the schedule was for the dress being delivered. I didn't even have a few days to wait before ordering. 

I can see what others are saying about being able to throw a Fundie wedding together in two months if pushed, but that always leads me back to the question: why? Why make your life more stressful unnecessarily? He's not going off to war and the bride desperately needs his pension. It doesn't have to be a two year engagement, but why not six months to give yourself some breathing room and time to enjoy being engaged and planning your wedding?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, SisterMom said:

Long time lurker. I don't know why but I am utterly fascinated with Natty D and his new bride. Not sure why- age difference? The fact that I grew up in the county where he lives? Vile beliefs? All of those things???? I came around way after the fall of VF, so I just see some mentions here and there, but not the whole story. My search skills are not expert level, so can anyone point me to a rabbit hole? I so wish his blog was still active!

He has an forum in the archives. It’s a rabbit hole.  Be careful

https://www.freejinger.org/forum/440-nathaniel-darnell/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Pretty sure the bridesmaids dresses came from the same site that did Michaela Bates dresses. It looks like the Exquisite English Manor dress. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

There's no doubt Natty is genuinely happy. How many times has he failed to seal the deal? If I were him, I'd be grinning like a maniac.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

There's no doubt Natty is genuinely happy. How many times has he failed to seal the deal? If I were him, I'd be grinning like a maniac.

I haven't followed Natty that much.  Can anyone tell me how many times he has "failed to seal the deal"?  Failed courtships / engagements I take it?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

He also seems to not have had to do much to get this one — considering the grueling months-long process to get approval status for the Botkinettes...... he’s Only met this girl and her family in October 2019 and by March was already “approved” to propose?!  

4 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Pretty sure the bridesmaids dresses came from the same site that did Michaela Bates dresses. It looks like the Exquisite English Manor dress. 

38 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I haven't followed Natty that much.  Can anyone tell me how many times he has "failed to seal the deal"?  Failed courtships / engagements I take it?

I heard he wanted Kelly Bradrick before Peter got to her. 

He went through process to get Botkin approval then when asked which one he said either one and Geoff said you have to pick one and he said one and Geoff said no the other one and Natty said never mind and then that was that.  

There were at least 4 more who he was engaged or close to being engaged to that I know of including the one who he told he wasn’t gay to the second she met him and the one who stormed out when He refused to let her drive after he had been drinking. 

6 hours ago, SisterMom said:

Oh gosh, perfect! Thanks for your help!

You can also use Wayback Machine (archive.org or something like that) to locate Snapshots of the past. You can find the evils of women in politics and how to have a good marriage and how women ruin the world and homosexuals should be stoned because apparently Jesus died for everyone but them, all kinds of great stuff. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, nausicaa said:

And why on earth is Natty in a white tie and tails when it is not a formal wedding and it's during the day?!?

Own what your wedding (and budget) is and dress accordingly. I always find it hysterical how the Vision Forum crowd loves to pretend at being so elite, but have no idea of actual etiquette rules. 

The first time I was a bridesmaid, the bride decided on the dress colors President's Day weekend for the June 23rd wedding. I was surprised when I looked at the dress sites at how tight the schedule was for the dress being delivered. I didn't even have a few days to wait before ordering. 

I can see what others are saying about being able to throw a Fundie wedding together in two months if pushed, but that always leads me back to the question: why? Why make your life more stressful unnecessarily? He's not going off to war and the bride desperately needs his pension. It doesn't have to be a two year engagement, but why not six months to give yourself some breathing room and time to enjoy being engaged and planning your wedding?

Speed why? Because he has to lock her down before she runs away like the rest. ?

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Speed why? Because he has to lock her down before she runs away like the rest. ?

This and also I think because of purity culture that feels that people are so incredibly sex driven that they will end up boinking even if shop round on dates if they don't hurry up and get married within a few months.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

So if its a sign from God that the person they meet is the one, isn't it also a sign from God if four women have bolted? Maybe its God saying no to him getting married? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

You would think so @JordynDarby5 but since he is male, he is always right, and it will be Satan's fault or women's fault, you know they have tested him and he has resisted the temptation or they were lying or so. Its always someone else fault with these people 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Well well, Natty Darnell is a happy dude this morning. Life is forever changed. Sorry folks, I had to go there. ??

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well well, Natty Darnell is a happy dude this morning. Life is forever changed. Sorry folks, I had to go there. ??

Groooooooooooss ?

Sadly for her it probably lasted about 12 seconds? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

26 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Groooooooooooss ?

Sadly for her it probably lasted about 12 seconds? ?

Well, when I look at him I'd say lucky for her.....

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 4

Don't worry,  I'm betting he's of the Michael Pearl school of fundie husbands and will basically exhaust her and then expect to be waited on hand and foot while he naps and she cooks. 

• Disgust 3
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 4

From someone who has been there...  Most of these comments are spot on.  I'm very lucky I got away when I did.  Just seeing his body language in the engagement and wedding photos gives me shivers all over again.  He also said to me, not on the first date, but a few in, that he wasn't gay, although he has that reputation.  You guys may enjoy knowing that he reads this forum.    

Absolutely against etiquette having his name listed first on the wedding website...  And absolutely a Freudian slip.  Everything is always about him. ;) 

Edited by Claire
  • Upvote 18
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Don't worry,  I'm betting he's of the Michael Pearl school of fundie husbands and will basically exhaust her and then expect to be waited on hand and foot while he naps and she cooks. 

From what I hear, her life will consist of laundry, cooking, cleaning, picking up after him, getting criticized, and forbidden to engage in any outside activities — even church events or friends. His life will consist of anything he wants to do at any time, whether it works for her or not, whether it’s in-laws appearing in labor and delivery or when she’s trying to figure out breastfeeding or coming over while she’s sick or tired, or leaving messes for her to clean up.... I’ve heard way way way too many stories to think he can even possibly be what anyone would call a good husband. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So how long is everyone going to give this marriage? 5 years? 6 at the most?

I think part of that is how completely deep in the Kool-Aid she is. after all, Esther is still married to John Schrader who's taking her all over the place and had her living with several children in a pop-up camper. We know she has to be very stood in the Kool-Aid because she married him but how deep she stays will determine if she stays with him or leaves him.

• Upvote 8

I have a feeling that Natty is far worse than John Schrader. Schrader is horrible as a provider but I don't get the feeling he's an excessively cruel spouse. My gut tells me that Natty is of the cruel variety and I fear for that young woman. However, I think she'll put on a brave face for 5-10 years before she finds herself and her dignity. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic