IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

Not as awful as the dress Anna K wore to marry Joshly Duggar -- but still pretty awful.  Is it just me or does it look like her hair is in serious need of a shampoo?.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Jesse and Anna-Patrice-Marie are really nicely paired. If I didn't know of their familial affiliations, I'd just think that they were adorably awkward geeks who met in a technical college cafeteria, and later discovered that they purchased their birth-control glasses from the same surplus warehouse.

The dress. Wow. If Starfleet issued formalwear to federation officers, this would be the result. It looks as if it were draped over a business suit. It almost seems like she's got it on backwards. I do like the little bit of unlined sheer lace peeking over the top of the v-neck. That's a pretty touch, and softens the overall impression.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The dress. Wow. If Starfleet issued formalwear to federation officers, this would be the result.

That is SO accurate :lol4:  Now the only thing she needs to add are pins on the collar.

• Upvote 3

It must be just me but I actually don't think it's that bad. It's an obviously modest made dress which is a nice change, and the lace looks good. Not shiny or cheap. Considering her options, it's not nearly as bad as the altered or 80s thrift weddings we've seen in the recent past. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I have only the one picture to go by but TBH these two look happy and comfortable with each other. I hope this is the case.  I don't think the dress is that bad. I think it would look nicer if it was better fitted but that might have made her more uncomfortable. Also I don't mind the glasses. I have contacts and glasses but contacts have never felt comfortable for me  and I feel more myself in glasses. I suspect she's the same. Overall: I'm giving this bridal look a pass. This being said I wear crocs and socks so what do I know ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not as awful as the dress Anna K wore to marry Joshly Duggar 

I wonder if Anna will ever have a vow renewal so she can wear a nice dress? Obviously TLC aren’t going to pay for it but the Duggars could reward her for her godly wifleyness with a ceremony. She would be in full simper mode throughout.

• Upvote 5

Ashley Salyer and Eric Hoover are getting married on August 8th. 3 month engagement. They’re also getting married in Ohio as opposed to NY. Is he from there? 

Also, Lauren Andregg and Devin Wikstrom have a new wedding date, July 11th

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

18 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Ashley Salyer and Eric Hoover are getting married on August 8th. 3 month engagement. They’re also getting married in Ohio as opposed to NY. Is he from there? 

Yes, he’s from a farm in Ohio. I’m guessing they picked rural Ohio over NYC because it’s so much cheaper.

• Upvote 4

Ashley and Eric's wedding site calls for formal attire at the ceremony.  And its 4:30-10:00 so I guess there will be an actual meal!

Many fundies can't do formal attire to save their lives.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Ashley and Eric's wedding site calls for formal attire at the ceremony.  And its 4:30-10:00 so I guess there will be an actual meal!

The location is a really common wedding venue. It’s big and fancy for rural Ohio. I get the impression that Ashley wants to become some perfect fundie trophy wife of a politician in NYC attending fancy galas. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The location is a really common wedding venue. It’s big and fancy for rural Ohio. I get the impression that Ashley wants to become some perfect fundie trophy wife of a politician in NYC attending fancy galas. 

do you think there might be ***gasp*** alcohol at the reception?  and dancing?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

do you think there might be ***gasp*** alcohol at the reception?  and dancing?

I bet there will be dancing. I bet Ashley really wants a first dance and all the instagram perfect pictures that go with it. But not alcohol. The music will likely be live music with a string quartet and mostly just classical stuff. Even though she’s a girl from the Bronx and he’s a farm boy from Ohio, I think these two have some high aspirations. And will plan a wedding accordingly.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Eric Hoover has the patented "Doug Phillips Vision Forum Wide Stance" (TM)

• Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 3

Is their Pottery Barn registry specifically for people who weren't invited to the wedding? ?

"Thank you so much for being apart of our special day and being willing to bless us!"

• Haha 11

Marty Roberts and Joshua Noethe got married today based on Norma’s ig story. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Marty Roberts and Joshua Noethe got married today based on Norma’s ig story. 

Normally, I'd look askance at a 10-week long engagement in a fundy family, but these two are probably just fine. They have been dating for at least 3 years, and are both nearly 30. And I would put good money on the likelihood of a more conventional/"worldly" physical relationship than many of their siblings indulged in before marriage. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Normally, I'd look askance at a 10-week long engagement in a fundy family, but these two are probably just fine. They have been dating for at least 3 years, and are both nearly 30. And I would put good money on the likelihood of a more conventional/"worldly" physical relationship than many of their siblings indulged in before marriage. 

Considering the attire for the hair dye picture and the vague references to where they live, I was pondering whether they'd perhaps been living together. It's hard to tell because most of their Instagrams are very carefully meant to look as wordly as possible when I don't think they are as far from fundie light as it seems. 

• Upvote 4

Claudia Brown, daughter of Scott and Deborah Brown of NCFIC, sister to Kelly Bradrick/Ziegler, Blair and David Brown got married in March!

• Thank You 2

11 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Considering the attire for the hair dye picture and the vague references to where they live, I was pondering whether they'd perhaps been living together. It's hard to tell because most of their Instagrams are very carefully meant to look as wordly as possible when I don't think they are as far from fundie light as it seems. 

Agreed. However, they can still "live in sin" while protesting at abortion clinics, and doing everything in their power to limit the freedoms of others. The only rule of Fundylife is to try to force others into a worldview you've made up, not to actually follow it yourself. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Don’t recognize him, but I’m sure she’ll write a super detailed blog post about it later. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, HereticHick said:

Ashley and Eric's wedding site calls for formal attire at the ceremony...

Oh God, this thing will be such a snooty snark fest for me. 

I want to make a Fundie formalwear Bingo card for it with square for khakis, polo shirts, pilled jersey tops, and sneaker slip ons. The center square of course will be a denim skirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Allison Bontrager is engaged to a Jeremiah? Do we know anything about him?

Sweet Jebus, now we are going to be subjected to her deep knowledge of being engaged! Then, of being married!

At least maybe now she'll stop dating her brothers and obsessing about their manhood. Maybe now she'll STFU about the "single season". 

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

Lindsay Reith is also in a relationship with someone from the band: Aaron Killingsworth. I suspected as much in earlier pictures but she recently posted something about a date with him. 

On the subject of Allison: no clue who Jeremiah is. The Bons know a lot of people. 100% chance she'll stay insufferable. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic