Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Bethella

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Recommended Posts

NCLunaLovegoodFan
4 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Anyone else think it odd (or perhaps it’s a Freudian slip) that the wedding website is all “Nathaniel Darnell oh and also Abigail Cochran exists.” Generally wedding etiquette is the bride is listed first — after all it’s the bride’s family that is hosting the wedding and inviting guests to the ceremony. The narcissism just REEKS out of Natty D. 🤯🤢

B0E6029E-0219-418A-91A5-21EA6697E729.png

In the accommodations sections, there is a blurb that tells people to book under a Brant Frost for the discounted hotel rooms. 
 

Brant Frost is basically a younger version Natty that’s had his foot in his mouth lately. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-gop-reprimands-official-for-home-the-slave-remark-about-protesters/XGmvto5WjHiRkROUz3BBOM/amp.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
14 hours ago, Noquiver said:

There’s a registry for Adeline and Michael on the knot. It gives a wedding date of September 12,2020 and Moultrie as the location 

Wow, they aren't wasting a second. A two month engagement. I guessed three and sholdn't have even tried. After over a year of dating, whether continuously or with breaks, and Addie's age, it's actually kind of a surprise they're waiting that long. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

It's been a while since I worked in the industry, so my numbers may not be up to date. But I believe that things haven't changed THAT much. 8 weeks was the absolute minimum limit of time most bridal salons would be willing to risk an alteration for an in-stock item, and 4-6 months is generally recommended for large orders of gowns for a bridal party. I wonder if it's possible that Addie already has a dress? She does seem like the type to find a lovely gown while thrifting, and hang on to it in a hope chest. Maybe she wants something less formal than the gowns her sisters and SIL's have chosen. But somehow, I doubt that. 

The main issue is the bridesmaid dresses. Assuming she has the whole crew stand with her, as seems to be tradition, they are going to need 20+ assorted dresses for the adults and children. Unless she's recycling things that were worn for other women's weddings (with gently different styling, highly advisable, and why not?), she's going to need to stick to online retailers and stretch knits.

Part of me wonders if, after helping throw a multitude of very large weddings for her siblings and friends,  Addie is going to buck the trend and forgo a huge bridal party and themed event. It will be a massive gathering regardless, so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
10 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Part of me wonders if, after helping throw a multitude of very large weddings for her siblings and friends,  Addie is going to buck the trend and forgo a huge bridal party and themed event. It will be a massive gathering regardless, so who knows.

I'm no expert but I agree that two months seems like an incredibly tight turnaround. Even if she already has a dress, they have family overseas who need to make travel arrangements and VF friends around the country whose invites may not even arrive til a month out.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I wonder if they expect a smaller crowd due to COVID. Even if they themselves are reckless about health, surely many of their contacts don't want to travel right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I think that they will assume that the Paraguayans won't come, her bridal party will wear ready to wear dresses and she will wear something off the rack and have it altered by a local seamstress as best as possible.  I'm hoping for lots of pictures and assume an outdoor reception on Mortopia.  Hopefully Campbell will be in charge of pictures.  She has a good eye.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

2 months is pretty quick to plan a wedding.

I've seen 2 weddings that moved rapidly from engagement to wedding. In one, a big wedding was planned but immigration became involved and the couple immediately scrapped all their plans for a quick trip to city hall so the bride could stay in the country. In the other, a big wedding was planned but the bride's mother developed an aggressive cancer. They wanted her to be present for the wedding and  the family was rich enough that they could throw gobs of money around to make a big wedding happen with lightning speed. 

Neither scenario fits Addie. I can see her having her dress already and the reception and wedding  will probably be at the farm but how will they get all the bridesmaids and groomsmen kitted out so quickly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

Those in Paraguay most likely won't come. Wes & Rachel came for John & Campbell's wedding, but not Kressant & Mike. And, Mike was apprently just here earlier in the year, so I doubt they'll load up and come again. 

They'll get bridesmaids dresses wherever. Martha had a giant wedding party, but the dresses were not matching at all and in varying shades- they all clearly got whatever dress they wanted, wherever they wanted (nothing wrong with that in my opinion). Plus, they made all the bridesmaid dresses for the first three S'Morton weddings as well as Dorothy's - so they sew. Alyssa's wedding was short dresses that I think they got from Target - I seem to recall one of them having an IG story about that. Bridesmaids dresses are not going to cause a problem. Also, since they sew, and off the rack wedding dress where they do alterations is not out of the question. The groom/groomsmen in various Morton weddings have worn less than tuxedos so I don't think there will be an issue with getting them clothed either. 

Having the wedding on the compound eliminates any venue issues - the family/friends do all the food, set up, decorating, etc. They have that whole "wedding barn" as it was once named when the S'Mortons were marrying up. Indoor/outdoor venue right at home that they can do with as they wish to make it work. A friend who calls themself a photographer will no doubt take the pictures. Among their circle there are many SAHD's who are "photographers". 

Non fundie weddings would be a hard sell in that time frame, but in Morton-ville - they have the venue; they no doubt have decorations up the wazoo lying around from the past weddings they've held - Andrew & Kennedy were married "on the farm" just five years ago and Martha just a year before that, they have an army of friends & family right there to do the work. They can sew. They have never seemed interested in overly fancy, costly attire. 

I really don't think the Mortons will have a problem pulling it off. 

For as much as I disagree with them and their way of life, they are resourcesful and after the S'Morton marriages, the weddings they've thrown for their kids have been nice events.  Not my taste but nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

The whole Paraguay crew won't be there, but I have to think that at least Kressant will try and get there. They are pretty close and IIRC she was the one who had a whole pinterest board with ideas for Addie's wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie

I'd imagine they may sew their own bridesmaids dress or simply assign a color and let everyone buy off the rack. They've done that before in a hurry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

Addie DID just return from months with her Paraguay family members, so it seems a lot less imperative for them to push to attend this. They've seen her very recently, and given the ordeal she (and Mercy) went through to get home due to various countries' travel restrictions, I would be surprised if Kressant would risk it. She's the mother of a huge family, and provides occasional care for Rachel's brood as well. If she were to become marooned in the US for a few months, it would cause real problems for a lot of people.

However, I agree that if the Paraguay Mortons return for ANY reason, this would be it. Kressant was a very significant part of Adeline's life for years, and she clearly occupies a big place in the collective family heart. Alyssa named her third daughter for Kressant. I wouldn't be shocked if Addie named a daughter for her, or worked an "Amanda" into the mix. That would kill two birds with one stone due to her friendship with Amanda Weathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
On 7/8/2020 at 10:08 PM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

In the accommodations sections, there is a blurb that tells people to book under a Brant Frost for the discounted hotel rooms. 
 

Brant Frost is basically a younger version Natty that’s had his foot in his mouth lately. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-gop-reprimands-official-for-home-the-slave-remark-about-protesters/XGmvto5WjHiRkROUz3BBOM/amp.html

 

 

Here’s what almost 40 and 25akacultequals15 looks like.  gulp 

 

17AB20B4-79EB-42AF-82F7-1C77F91FDE99.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audrey2
14 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Here’s what almost 40 and 25akacultequals15 looks like.  gulp 

 

17AB20B4-79EB-42AF-82F7-1C77F91FDE99.png

To be completely honest, I'm as sick about this wedding as I was when Tabitha Paine married her pervert.

  • Upvote 19
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandruff
28 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

To be completely honest, I'm as sick about this wedding as I was when Tabitha Paine married her pervert.

Yeah, I wonder how that one is working out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

To be completely honest, I'm as sick about this wedding as I was when Tabitha Paine married her pervert.

I cannot even .... they took an ad out in the paper. https://newspaperads.daltondailycitizen.com/dalton-ga/announcements/nathaniel-was-born-in-lynchburg-virginia-and-raised-in-cobb-county-ga.-he-was-home-educated-before/AC1E03951156c037203Hfm96CF96
 

Notice it is practically all about him. And the “many years of singleness” cracks me up (more years for him than she’s been alive....) glossing over the fact they met not 8 months before they tie said knot. Lordamighty that family is in for such a massive massive surprise. And is it truly “waiting” if you’ve been trying to marry every girl you meet for a decade? Young thing here is number 7 or 8 right?  
 

This one might be a better head to go on the famous squatting in the woods photo..... 😂

 

6E289AF3-4491-4A45-86D8-2492D001D893.png

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCLunaLovegoodFan
10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Yeah, I wonder how that one is working out.

Luckily, they’re childless as of right now. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but I don’t want any sexual predators and rapists to have children. Poor Tabitha.

1 hour ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

I cannot even .... they took an ad out in the paper. https://newspaperads.daltondailycitizen.com/dalton-ga/announcements/nathaniel-was-born-in-lynchburg-virginia-and-raised-in-cobb-county-ga.-he-was-home-educated-before/AC1E03951156c037203Hfm96CF96
 

Notice it is practically all about him. And the “many years of singleness” cracks me up (more years for him than she’s been alive....) glossing over the fact they met not 8 months before they tie said knot. Lordamighty that family is in for such a massive massive surprise. And is it truly “waiting” if you’ve been trying to marry every girl you meet for a decade? Young thing here is number 7 or 8 right?  
 

This one might be a better head to go on the famous squatting in the woods photo..... 😂

 

6E289AF3-4491-4A45-86D8-2492D001D893.png

She’s marrying a narcissist. No if ands and buts about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smash!

Has she an engagement ring by now? I hope so. Showing off the new bling is something every new engaged girl should enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Smash! said:

Has she an engagement ring by now? I hope so. Showing off the new bling is something every new engaged girl should enjoy.

Apparently yes, but maybe she had to buy it herself since the “jelwry” stores were closed (not true In GA and there’s plenty of online options) during quarantine. Ha. There’s a wedding wire site that has a photo of a ring. I did hear from a friend of a friend that Natty’s brother’s ex wife had to buy both her own engagement ring and her wedding ring. Crazy world. Narcissist seems to just be the start!

What always blows my mind about these fundie registries is how BASIC everything requested is -- laundry baskets, toilet bowl cleaners, pillows etc. — because none of them have even lived on their own despite being in their Mid/late 20’s and 30’s (and in Nathaniel’s case, nearly 40’s).
 

 

ABC86B21-FBE2-44C1-9BE0-069D2917F711.png

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCLunaLovegoodFan
42 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Apparently yes, but maybe she had to buy it herself since the “jelwry” stores were closed (not true In GA and there’s plenty of online options) during quarantine. Ha. There’s a wedding wire site that has a photo of a ring. I did hear from a friend of a friend that Natty’s brother’s ex wife had to buy both her own engagement ring and her wedding ring. Crazy world. Narcissist seems to just be the start!

What always blows my mind about these fundie registries is how BASIC everything requested is -- laundry baskets, toilet bowl cleaners, pillows etc. — because none of them have even lived on their own despite being in their Mid/late 20’s and 30’s (and in Nathaniel’s case, nearly 40’s).
 

 

ABC86B21-FBE2-44C1-9BE0-069D2917F711.png

Yes, Georgia was one of the last states to lockdown and one of the earliest to reopen (tattoo parlors, anyone?). Just admit you weren’t prepared, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmainMacha
2 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Yes, Georgia was one of the last states to lockdown and one of the earliest to reopen (tattoo parlors, anyone?). Just admit you weren’t prepared, dude.

Given his past luck with the ladies he might have chosen not to get a ring in advance and then have to take it back when if she said no. Lord knows he might have had that happen a few times already.

They're probably married now. That poor woman. There are so many red flags with this guy. I cannot imagine a situation where this marriage can work out well.

  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, EmainMacha said:

Given his past luck with the ladies he might have chosen not to get a ring in advance and then have to take it back when if she said no. Lord knows he might have had that happen a few times already.

They're probably married now. That poor woman. There are so many red flags with this guy. I cannot imagine a situation where this marriage can work out well.

I’m just hoping she can divorce him before she has a litter of kids.

  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just hoping she can divorce him before she has a litter of kids.

Doubtful since it seems a lot of the telltale signs of this is awful come from having that passel of kids without any help from the husband and constant criticism for not doing more. Look at Kelly Bradrick! (Natty’s first choice of female prior to Peter snagging her). wasn’t she drug around Europe with numerous small kids, pregnant too soon after a miscarriage when she was supposed to be on bed rest and nearly died?? 
 

anyone want gag worthy photos? What the heck is up with the “say ah” cake picture. And is that his brother’s new wife up there and is so why is she ahead of his sister?? Such a weird world. All I can hear is Chandler: 

can those dresses BE any more 1890?

FD83BF27-D991-44F2-A3C8-EA6594CEE91F.png

A47772CE-E5C4-4A69-93DA-FC42782C24FF.png

E8A8D761-E493-4FF5-9C3D-B810C126C178.png

73DB894A-1BE0-4F02-8C50-2AB919DD0E90.png

727E3934-E64B-4A9B-8A13-1D8F17CC8A88.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

Well, I guess he finally got someone to say yes. I've barely followed him and I'm sorry for her. I hope that she is happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I’m so bad. When I see everyone blowing bubbles at the new bride and groom, I’m just thinking:

”oh look! They are showering the new bride and groom with covid spheres!”

  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

Adeling finally posted about her engagement. Sort of. It's a long winded, Addie screed of Love to Her Father. Not daddy, but Her Father. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.