IGNORED

Maxwell 36: Wearing What Some Might Call an Outer Garment While Dealing with Cancer in the Family

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Why would any grown adult be okay with their parents reading their letters before they do?

I picture the letters, by the time the addressee sees them, looking like letters soldiers would send home from the front lines back in the day, with their location, description of the battles, casualties, anything at all of substance about the war blacked out by the censors. Here I can see Satan making Job write something like, "I can't wait until I can hold you in my arms" and the parental censors whipping out the fat black marking pen in the name of Jay-zus.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

In his March 16th post, Steve was still using the term "media-hyped" when talking about the virus, so Christopher probably figured it was fine and dandy to fly to Florida, be in a crowd and then fly back.

Interestingly, I just checked that post, and Steve has since edited "media-hyped" out of it.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

13 minutes ago, kpmom said:

In his March 16th post, Steve was still using the term "media-hyped" when talking about the virus, so Christopher probably figured it was fine and dandy to fly to Florida, be in a crowd and then fly back.

Interestingly, I just checked that post, and Steve has since edited "media-hyped" out of it.

Verrry interesting indeed! Might that mean someone he knows is infected? Or just that he believes nothing until he hears Trump say it?

• Upvote 9

49 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Sorry to hear about your sister & brother in law.

The pictures are still there. The mask picture is after the one of them loaded down with kids. The CVS ones are smaller ones just before the fire truck pictures at the end. 

Wow!  I saw them this time.  I didn't realize it was the whole wedding party.  How tacky and immature can you get?  And these people will reproduce way too many times.  I'm so glad to have a mature 22 year old who has way cooler things on her mind right now than courting someone and planning on a passel of kids. She would never do such a stupid thing because she's a considerate and thinking person - but, she's not saved à la the Maxwell rules.  Thank God.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Where have you found the wedding pictures? The last post I see on their blog is Teri’s generic “checking in” posted today. The one before that was Anna’s update. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Where have you found the wedding pictures? The last post I see on their blog is Teri’s generic “checking in” posted today. The one before that was Anna’s update. 

Mr. C. Maxwell has a website for his God-honoring photography .  It's Google-able.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Mr. C. Maxwell has a website for his God-honoring photography .  It's Google-able.

Thanks. I learned something new today. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They either need a lot of money so he now has to take weddings rather than be picky, or he's a total ass. 

He's already extremely picky - according to his website, he photographs weddings that are "modest, alcohol free, no dancing." So, yes. He's both a total ass and incredibly picky. 

24 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Thanks. I learned something new today. 

The pictures are AWFUL. Weird angles, far away, one has a lens flare over a groomsman's face. There are shots with CVS in the background! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I rarely have strong opinions on other people's weddings but I am not a fan of the bridesmaid's jean jackets. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

That bride looks so young that it makes me uncomfortable

There's so many places in the world with a shortage of masks and these fools went and wasted a bunch on a stupid picture. Ugh!

Edited by freejugar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Spoiler

831964692_horriblemaxwellphotos.thumb.PNG.22698667ec9910baa239cc492ed7444f.PNG

What even IS this? Why would you take a picture of the back of the couple's heads, a blurry flower, at an angle, and possibly have your finger over the bottom corner? Why would you POST this as an example of your work? Is the water bottle the focus here? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:
  Hide contents

831964692_horriblemaxwellphotos.thumb.PNG.22698667ec9910baa239cc492ed7444f.PNG

What even IS this? Why would you take a picture of the back of the couple's heads, a blurry flower, at an angle, and possibly have your finger over the bottom corner? Why would you POST this as an example of your work? Is the water bottle the focus here? 

So... he hasn't improved then.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

So... he hasn't improved then.

No, he hasn't. He's always been a mediocre photographer and now, he actually seems to be getting worse. 

What is his thing with partially removing color from pictures? They don't go quite as far as black & white. They're just, I don't know, removed of color. He does it a lot and I've never understood it. What's the point? To me, they look like scary horror movie stills.

He also really likes to focus on cell phones. I know at one point I read his "requirements" and sh*t and he said he doesn't mind others taking pictures, so is he trying to prove a point with pictures of cell phones? 

He used so many white backgrounds everyone looks like a ghost crawling out of the walls. Then he does the color removal thing and, jeeze, I would totally demand a refund for all his photography failures. 

Then again, I wouldn't hire him after seeing his galleries so I guess when you choose him, you know what you're getting (a good kristchen photographer) so you don't mind awful photography. It's a price you pay for having a real kristchen take your pictures.  

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

whew, those bad even for Chris.  I truly hope JRod is enlisting him for Nurthans' wedding ! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I rarely have strong opinions on other people's weddings but I am not a fan of the bridesmaid's jean jackets. 

Did I finally bring you over to the dark side of wedding snark? My work here is done. ?

Did anyone else notice the "Trump 2020" groomsmen graffiti on the car? Ugh. 

Christopher's photos are so bad. And it drives me crazy how he continues to mess up the "wedding dress on a hanger" shot by using whatever plastic hanger is lying around. Everyone else knows to use a nice wooden hanger. Most photographers keep a nice wooden one with their materials in case the bride happens to not have a personalized hanger to use. And hanging a wedding dress against some white walls for the photo? Great contrast there, C.M. 

And why pose the bridal party on a dirt patch? I get it wasn't the most photogenic location, but he had plenty of other options. 

I can't believe how completely different the groom looks without those sunglasses. He went from a dorky middle-aged dude to a handsome young guy. I will say, I do think the couple looks happy and like they actually like each other. 

• Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I will say, I do think the couple looks happy and like they actually like each other. 

How would they know?  I bet you and I know each other better than they do, just from public posts on FJ.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I'm going to go total BEC because that is just where my head is this morning with the pandemic.

He risked his wife and children's lives to photograph a dinky podunk fundie Baptist wedding.

Hope those pictures of a cell phone and donuts were worth it, Priss.

WHAT A FUCKING MORON.  Honestly, this ranks up there with the absolutely stupidest and most horrendous things they've ever done.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How would they know?  I bet you and I know each other better than they do, just from public posts on FJ.

Fair enough. I was struggling for something nice to say at the end since the rest of my post was so negative. So I guess all I got is, the groom looks better without sunglasses. ?

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, danvillebelle said:

I'm going to go total BEC because that is just where my head is this morning with the pandemic.

He risked his wife and children's lives to photograph a dinky podunk fundie Baptist wedding.

Hope those pictures of a cell phone and donuts were worth it, Priss.

WHAT A FUCKING MORON.  Honestly, this ranks up there with the absolutely stupidest and most horrendous things they've ever done.

I don't judge people for having modest weddings but I'm trying to understand this...

This was a VERY low budget wedding, yet they had money to hire a photographer from out of state?  So either they paid for Christopher's travel on top of his services, or they paid enough for his services that it covered the cost of travel.  Either way, they sunk a lot of money into some very shitty pictures.

OR they paid the value of shitty pics and CM lost money on the gig.  

If they paid enough to cover his travel that HAD to be way more than half of the entire wedding budget.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't judge people for having modest weddings but I'm trying to understand this...

Same here - that's why I made my BEC preface.  Hell, my own wedding was extremely low budget and I'm sure people could find plenty in it to snark on.  And that's fine.

Those people look like they are typical low income (again, NOTHING wrong with that) - and as you said, they paid him to come there and take those shitty pictures?  He risked his family's lives for whatever paltry amount he got?  I just....UGH.

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is anyone else surprised the engineer part of Steve's brain isn't kicking in to demand more caution?

Steve hasn't worked as an engineer in years, and I've always suspected he was a pretty crappy engineer at that, not to mention terrible employee. 

I also suspect, with no evidence but a feeling, that Steve didn't resign his job and the company didn't out of kindness give him 2 weeks to look for another.  I think he was flat out fired and got 2 weeks severance if he would leave immediately that day.

• Upvote 13

I doubt any Maxwell is overly generous in discounts, even among their friends. But, since the Maxwells are friends with the BuckHales, I assumed (I know, stupid) there was some discount involved. Chris does charge for travel and his "package" alone is $1600. 

He said travel costs vary. Like, the last time he went to Alaska fora wedding, he only charged $65. Per his site: 

My goal is to keep my travel costs as low as possible. Travel costs vary based on each particular wedding and are details we can work through together.

As an example of how travel costs can vary, the last time I traveled to Alaska to photograph a wedding, my travel costs were a total of $65. How is this possible? The groom's family had airline miles available to cover the flight, the bride's family had a vehicle available so that a rental car wasn't needed, and a hotel wasn't needed as their pastor had several rooms available (one for myself, and one for my assistant). The $65? $50 was to pay the airline's extra luggage fee for an extra suitcase on the flight up and back, and $15 was airport parking.

That's why travel costs can vary so much based on the specific wedding and details related to the wedding.

The Alaska wedding he did was a BuckHale wedding (I don't remember exactly which one). Presumably, this one being of the same family friends, there were "perks" involved. 

Money aside, it was beyond stupid of him to even go. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic