IGNORED

Maxwell 36: Wearing What Some Might Call an Outer Garment While Dealing with Cancer in the Family

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Christopher left his cancer suffering wife, newborn and five other kids two weeks ago to photograph a wedding in Florida. Then came home from a large Florida crowd and brought whatever germs he picked up with him. 

They either need a lot of money so he now has to take weddings rather than be picky, or he's a total ass. 

And, can I just say - a wedding on March 20? Apparently, COVID-19 cannot stop large groups of fundies from celebrating the transfer of authority. 

They also did what the pisser's newlyweds did and mocked the virus with mask wearing photos. Wasting masks medical personnel need for the sake of their immature, dangerous mocking. 

And, pictures in front of CVS Pharmacy - what the hell is that about?

It actually makes me sick.

Oh my. That’s horrible!  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Oh my. That’s horrible!  

Wtf was he thinking?!  Is he planning on quarantining elsewhere for 2 weeks or risking bringing back whatever he could be carrying to Anna?

This is idiocy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Christopher left his cancer suffering wife, newborn and five other kids two weeks ago to photograph a wedding in Florida. Then came home from a large Florida crowd and brought whatever germs he picked up with him. 

They either need a lot of money so he now has to take weddings rather than be picky, or he's a total ass. 

And, can I just say - a wedding on March 20? Apparently, COVID-19 cannot stop large groups of fundies from celebrating the transfer of authority. 

They also did what the pisser's newlyweds did and mocked the virus with mask wearing photos. Wasting masks medical personnel need for the sake of their immature, dangerous mocking. 

WHAT. IN.THE.ACTUAL. HELL.!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Idly speculating, here, that the original Florida photographer bailed when he learned they were going ahead with the wedding. Priss was the only photographer (and I use the term loosely)  they could find who was willing to do something this irrational and stupid. I hope for the sake of everyone at this event, but most especially Priss, no one there was infected. It seems a lot to expect, though.

Coronavirus aside, those are some of the worst wedding photos I've ever seen. Most people could do better with an old iPhone.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Idly speculating, here, that the original Florida photographer bailed when he learned they were going ahead with the wedding. Priss was the only photographer (and I use the term loosely)  they could find who was willing to do something this irrational and stupid. I hope for the sake of everyone at this event, but most especially Priss, no one there was infected. It seems a lot to expect, though.

Coronavirus aside, those are some of the worst wedding photos I've ever seen. Most people could do better with an old iPhone.

The groom was Job Hale of the Alaska BukHales. I'm pretty sure Christopher was the planned photographer all along since the Maxwells have a relationship with the clan. 

Here is the happy couple's wedding website. Full of lovely 2-feet apart courtship & only approved pictures. Such a beautiful bloom of young love ?

https://www.weddingwire.us/website/bethany-and-job/welcome-1

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 9

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Wtf was he thinking?!  Is he planning on quarantining elsewhere for 2 weeks or risking bringing back whatever he could be carrying to Anna?

This is idiocy.

He's thinking the liberal media has overblown this and doesn't trust God and nothing can happen to him because he's a Maxwell. I also think his grasp of germ theory and biology is probably quite lacking. 

I would be angry if this were any father with a family, but a wife with breast cancer about to undergo chemo? Fuck off. And if money is tight, this would be a perfectly acceptable time to ask for a loan from Steve. I've long suspected the sons all get regular handouts anyway. 

I also have noticed that this pandemic has highlighted the difference in people who take in a lot of news via Twitter and news sites, versus those who don't. I think in general the latter are probably mentally healthier, but I've seen how they are several steps behind those of us who do right now. And we know how completely isolated the Maxwells are, so they are probably about two weeks behind where the rest of us are. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

He's thinking the liberal media has overblown this and doesn't trust God and nothing can happen to him because he's a Maxwell.

You'd think Anna's cancer would have made them want to reexamine this belief.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

But that would make them “compromises.” Smmfh.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't get this whole thing about how nothing bad can happen to a Christian when horrible things obviously do.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Based on today’s post, it seems the whole Maxwell clan is ignoring the isolation guidelines. The aunties still seem to be taking the kids out to do “fun” things. They shouldn’t even be visiting each other!  

Shame on Christopher for going to that wedding. I’m sure he would have flown. Sitting in a plane from Kansas to Florida, and back again during a pandemic? No thanks. 

• Upvote 17

It seems the only thing the virus has done for the Maxwells is give them an opportunity to use it to shill their crap. 

Such loving kristchens they are. 

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

JFC!!!!! ???

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I guess the hormones were really raging!

Basic courtship rules included things like staying two feet apart (no touching), never alone together, no terms of endearment, and only pre-approved gifts and photographs. This allowed us to build a firm foundation based on knowledge and God’s direction as opposed to deceptive feelings and desires. Having our parents’ counsel and oversight was so so crucial in navigating the unknown and was a great protection against us going too far. 

So, no dick pix, and  two feet-4000 miles apart until the wedding.  

Much, much prayer went into our courtship - from him, from me, from our parents and siblings, and from so many others who went to battle with us. And a battle it is indeed when a guy and a girl are in a relationship. Fighting the wiles of the devil is nothing to take lightly and he was coming on strong, working to trip us up and make us two more casualties of “the dating game”. 

WTAF? The Devil tried to get him to call her "his beloved" or "sweetie"?

And then, after the wedding! Everybody hugs everyone else! Young, old, healthy, infirm. That's just Satan finally advocating for social distancing. Pay no attention.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 18

3 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I guess the hormones were really raging!

So, no dick pix, and  two feet-4000 miles apart until the wedding.  

WTAF? The Devil tried to get him to call her "his beloved" or "sweetie"?

And then, after the wedding! Everybody hugs everyone else! Young, old, healthy, infirm. That's just Satan finally advocating for social distancing. Pay no attention.

I would never marry any man who found me so resistible that he'd be okay with these rules.  What is WRONG with these people?

It's not like Nathan and Nurie are heading to the Sybaris, but at least you can see the affection and attraction they have for each other the way they hold hands and sit side by side...the little gifts.  They look happy together.  Could the Rods and Kellers be better parents than these people?!

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I know this is a horrible thing to say but after reading the the last several posts on this thread I hope to God Prissy Chris gets COVID-19.  With no affect to Amish Anna and the kids of course.  He is such a fuckwad I loathe him.

• Upvote 6

Is anyone else surprised the engineer part of Steve's brain isn't kicking in to demand more caution?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is anyone else surprised the engineer part of Steve's brain isn't kicking in to demand more caution?

Yes. Very much so. 

For better or worse, I always thought of Steve Maxwell as a consummate rule follower. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yes. Very much so. 

For better or worse, I always thought of Steve Maxwell as a consummate rule follower. 

The rules HE makes, yes. The one's others make? Not a chance.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yes. Very much so. 

Me too.  Case in point how radically he embraced a diet change after his heart problem.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would never marry any man who found me so resistible that he'd be okay with these rules.  What is WRONG with these people?

It's not like Nathan and Nurie are heading to the Sybaris, but at least you can see the affection and attraction they have for each other the way they hold hands and sit side by side...the little gifts.  They look happy together.  Could the Rods and Kellers be better parents than these people?!

They didn’t even get to hug after being engaged. I’m all for saving yourself for marriage, if that’s what you want. Why would any grown adult be okay with their parents reading their letters before they do? This is a person you are potentially going to spend the rest of your life with. How can you plan on doing that when you haven’t even had a conversation between just the two of you? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I think there was speculation here that Christopher and Anna took a lot of time to “adjust” to married life.  If that is true, I say good for them; especially if it means they actually got to know each other before having sex. I know...none of my business; but I do have a point.

These couples that jump from no-touch engagements to sex? I also find it really creepy. The parents that throw their kids into that are just horrible. I feel especially bad for the girls because they know what is expected of them and many of these men are not going to put up with waiting after the wedding. The girls are expected to have sex with a stranger, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

JFC!!!!! ???

I looked for the March 20th wedding on CM's website. I saw the wedding pictures but not ones with the happy couple wearing masks or in front of Walgreen's .  Could he have removed them realizing how tacky they are?  I'm especially disgusted because my sister and brother-in-law (super devout and very evil Catholics) have both been diagnosed with Covid-19 and are very sick.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 16

My guess is that Steve excuses it as there being no more than 10 in a group. They mentioned keeping to that in a photo-op of a recent lunch/dinner John, Chelsy and Axton over. 

So, in his mind, they are following the rules.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I looked for the March 20th wedding on CM's website. I saw the wedding pictures but not ones with the happy couple wearing masks or in front of Walgreen's .  Could he have removed them realizing how tacky they are?  I'm especially disgusted because my sister and brother-in-law (super devout and very evil Catholics) have both been diagnosed with Covid-19 and are very sick.

I'm so sorry about your sister and BIL, I hope they recover quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 6

36 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Sorry to hear about your sister & brother in law.

The pictures are still there. The mask picture is after the one of them loaded down with kids. The CVS ones are smaller ones just before the fire truck pictures at the end. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic