IGNORED

Maxwell 36: Wearing What Some Might Call an Outer Garment While Dealing with Cancer in the Family

Coconut Flan

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here are the 4 oldest Craig sisters singing:

They call it Noah’s Ark and it’s to the tune of Baby Shark. I doubt Steve would approve.

Is the bride-to-be 2nd from the left or all the way on the left?  I’m not familiar with the Craig’s and both of them look alike to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Is the bride-to-be 2nd from the left or all the way on the left?  I’m not familiar with the Craig’s and both of them look alike to me. 

Far left is Ellie. She’s still underage. Far right is Racheal (the oldest). She is also the tallest at 6 feet. Poor girl. Fundies are weird about height because of strict gender roles. The two middles are Celia and Anna. Someone help me figure out who is who. I think those two look like twins sometimes.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The Craig's?  I already did! It isn't very informative.

You did? Where? I can't find it? Am I going blind? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

You did? Where? I can't find it? Am I going blind? 

LOL!

It is a nicely modest registry, leading with a toilet plunger.  But it has obviously been up for a bit.  Some things have been bought already.  Perhaps Anna Patrice (NR Anna 2) has a fully stocked hope chest and Jesse was renting his house fully furnished.

If they are truly intending to get hitched on May 23rd it does beg some questions.  Not only COVID related, but that is the first:

• Will the wedding be delayed?   Or will these dolts gather the various clans and risk infection? 
  • Can Jesse evict his tenants by May 23 so he can move his bride in? 
  • Has he even consulted with her about preferred decorating choices? 

My guess is "no" on the last.  And I think that may have been the kiss of death for Joe's romance with E. Munck.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

This is the nail in the coffin for Anna IMO. I think maaaaaaaaaaybe Mary has a shot on getting married (probably not).

Just out of curiosity why do many here think this ties to Anna and Mary?  I mean I never thought Steve would let them go anyway, but I don't think one last brother getting married has any bearing.

If I could have one wish it would be for one (or all) of the Maxwell daughters to have secret whirlwind romances and elope - come home and introduce the sour pusses to their new son(s) in law.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

33 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m impressed to see a Maxwell thread hot for a change. Almost always it’s the Rod or Duggar threads. 

At first, I thought it might be a major update on NR Anna's cancer battle.

I'm not surprised to learn that Jesse's getting married.  After he purchased the house, it was just a matter of time for him.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

AAAANNNNNDDDDD! Steve’s head just exploded.  

He’s furious right now that Anna just had to make a wedding registry. 

This is just the news I needed today. 

Let’s vote on what we’ll call her until we learn her middle name: Anna Lou, Anna Louise, Anna Ann, Anna Jesse, Anna Elizabeth, Anna Hosanna, Anna Banana...

Im gonna have to come up with a nickname for her.

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

This is the nail in the coffin for Anna IMO. I think maaaaaaaaaaybe Mary has a shot on getting married (probably not).

Yeah, but no.  Contrary to popular FJ belief some Fundie maidens do marry in their twenties and thirties.  All is not lost.

And an awful lot of "withering on the vine" (AKA young ladies over the age of 19 if not over the age of 29) Fundie maidens must have seriously renewed hope right now. 

I mean, Sarah Mally may finally be getting hitched, aged 41, COVID-19 permitting.

• Upvote 9

Her name is Anna Patrice but there’s no way I’m typing that out all the time. 

Their names will be:

Anna OG

OfChris

OfJesse

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Love 6

Who wants to guess when Poor Sarah or Coward Steve makes the wedding announcement on the blog and when the first baby comes?

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yeah, but no.  Contrary to popular FJ belief some Fundie maidens do marry in their twenties and thirties.  All is not lost.

I still don't think any guy will be godly enough for Stevie .

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I still don't think any guy will be godly enough for Stevie .

I think Steve and Teri don't want to face being alone together.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

Interesting.

I attended Cedarville College (now University, but when I went there it was still College) in the 90s. Cedarville is listed on the website as the location of the wedding. South Solon (a town I had never heard of - guess I didn't get out much) is about 15-20 minutes away.

There's a fairly large baptist church in town, as well as the college having a chapel that would seat thousands. I remember when Chris got married one thing they were praying for was a venue large enough for the crowd they were expecting - sounds like NR Anna's family either house churched or attended somewhere smaller than big church where they tied the knot. Living in South Solon it's conceivable the Craigs could be members of the church in Cedarville, or have connections to the college (maybe because of local Bible Bee events?) - though if this child, and I do mean child, is getting married within days of her 20th birthday, she's probably not prioritized a college education - nor would any Maxbride worth her salt, I fear.

Either way, if COVID19 doesn't scoot out of there pretty fast, they aren't going to need any of those venues because they won't even be able to legally put their collective families in the same room long enough to tie the knot, with limits on sizes of gatherings.

I'm not sure how fundies would handle a wedding in the age of coronavirus. If marriage is a dish best served hot (or whatever grotesque turn of phrase Michael Pearl used to describe the fires of passion) then it would sound like they'd need to push forward with the wedding even if it needed to be a backyard event with just the happy couple, the minister, and whatever witnesses are required by the state. But if they're living in separate states it's not like they're going to "fall into sin" while waiting so maybe putting it off would be the plan? They typically have such short engagements in this family that they probably just got this all scheduled right before coronavirus made landfall.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I still have hope for Anna and Mary. I’ve always said the Staddon boys are most likely to be approved by Steve. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, catlady said:

I like these two!  Anna Ann reminds me of an obscure song from about 1989 by a band called They Might Be Giants that went "Anna Ng and I are getting old and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence."  it was a weird song (at least to us metalheads) and we liked to sing it drunk. 

Pretty much everything TMBG has recorded is weird, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I love them but even to someone whose early adult music tastes included Frank Zappa they are weird.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think Steve and Teri don't want to face being alone together.  

I'm no fan of Teri's, but I can't blame her for not wanting to be in Steve's undiluted company.  I'm not sure what the dilution factor would need to be to make him tolerable, it may well be that there isn't one and he's completely immiscible with normal, rational, sensible people.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her name is Anna Patrice but there’s no way I’m typing that out all the time. 

Their names will be:

Anna OG

OfChris

OfJesse

I'm predicting Steve will dub her Anna Pat

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Syriana said:

I'm no fan of Teri's, but I can't blame her for not wanting to be in Steve's undiluted company. 

She is a grown woman and has had a lifetime to have made choices so she didn't need to be alone with him which didn't require sacrificing the lives and happiness of her daughters.  

She chose to give up her autonomy, but she can't abdicate her responsibility.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She is a grown woman and has had a lifetime to have made choices so she didn't need to be alone with him which didn't require sacrificing the lives and happiness of her daughters.  

She chose to give up her autonomy, but she can't abdicate her responsibility.  

I agree completely!  I really don't blame her for not wanting to be in his company, but she is the one who is entirely capable of changing things (she just won't, so she get's no sympathy either).

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The Craig's?  I already did! It isn't very informative.

Ugh, now I see it. Thanks!

The father works for a pharmaceutical company. Doesn't sound Steve approved. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Another fundie girl who dreamed of being a missionary and ended up a housewife in the midwest at 19. How unoriginal. 

1311191491_ScreenShot2020-04-06at5_31_00PM.thumb.png.4bd0f83d33ca41b9e0c34214df083102.png

A shirt-layerer, just like her soon-to-be SILs...

Edited by Bethy
I forgot to write a post
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just want to let y’all know I called it in January. But I was unsure of which Craig girl he was seeing. Since there are 3 adult single Craig girls.

C905249D-49EF-438D-81CB-EDC43E0AF919.jpeg

Ooh, I remember this post! And I promised subsequently to tip my cap to you if a Craig daughter was involved with Jesse. Consider it done! Didn't think it would be the youngest of the eligible maidens, though. It may be the glasses on both of them, but dang it they even resemble each other.  Will Christopher take the pictures and will John deliver the ring via drone?

• Upvote 15

18 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Ooh, I remember this post! And I promised subsequently to tip my cap to you if a Craig daughter was involved with Jesse. Consider it done! Didn't think it would be the youngest of the eligible maidens, though. It may be the glasses on both of them, but dang it they even resemble each other.  Will Christopher take the pictures and will John deliver the ring via drone?

I believe age wise, it goes Racheal, Anna, Celia, Ellie/a. So he chose the second oldest. But she’s still so young. Let’s hope they aren’t a super fertile couple. Her parents only had 9 bio kids. 2 are adopted.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic