IGNORED

Maxwell 36: Wearing What Some Might Call an Outer Garment While Dealing with Cancer in the Family

Coconut Flan

We’re thankful for family! I can’t imagine how lonely it would be for a single person during this time, so please, reach out to that single person through text, FaceTime, phone call, or a letter to show you care.

Bolding mine.  What do they mean they can't imagine?  They have four single people living in the house.

Are they under the impression you're only single if you're completely devoid of family?  Am I somehow less single than @fundiefan because two of my kids still live at home?  

I don't understand how they can misuse such basic words.

• Upvote 12

@fundiefan & @HerNameIsBuffy, what The Borg, er, sorry, the Maxwells can’t comprehend is contentment. Their bible advocates for contentment in all things*, but they don’t live that out in reality.

If someone feels the need to contact me out of pity, I’m not interested. Find someone else to waste your pity on, like perhaps the Maxwell daughters who have been taught since day one that their worth revolves around the “effectiveness” of their uteruses and yet Steviepoo has insured they will never marry. What a mindf* you created for them, Steviepoo!

Spoiler

* Philippians 4:11

• Upvote 13

35 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, look, the Maxwells trying to make a buck off a pandemic. Color me surprised. 

I am single & live alone. If anyone feels the need to reach out and make sure I am not dying of misery at my singleness, please stop. Unlike fundies, I am single by my own choice and I like it that way. I like being alone. I have friends and I have family and I have coworkers and we communicate. I am not some wallowing, pitiful specimen in need of prayers or condescension. Thanks.

Also, social isolation comes with 6 feet of space. Get closer than that with your Jesus and I may smack you.

If Sarah had stopped after the second sentence of that post, it would have been one of her better ones.  Praying for healthcare workers and all those affected.  But, then she's gotta throw in her plug for her book, and the crack about "single" people (an odd choice of a word coming from Sarah).

Edited by kpmom
forgot a word
  • Upvote 13

In the comments, she says Anna is waiting to decide on a treatment. I hope the delay is because of covid or something

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, look, the Maxwells trying to make a buck off a pandemic. Color me surprised. 

I am single & live alone. If anyone feels the need to reach out and make sure I am not dying of misery at my singleness, please stop. Unlike fundies, I am single by my own choice and I like it that way. I like being alone. I have friends and I have family and I have coworkers and we communicate. I am not some wallowing, pitiful specimen in need of prayers or condescension. Thanks.

Also, social isolation comes with 6 feet of space. Get closer than that with your Jesus and I may smack you.

Yep. I had the option to drag out our reduced-hour work weeks for a little longer, or go on furlough and apply for unemployment, and I'm pretty positive I'm taking the furlough. I'll be in my little house all alone, and very very happy about it. I've been saying for years I'd love to have a couple weeks to stay home with no one showing up at my door or expecting me to be somewhere, and here is the chance. I'm positive that even if this drags out for a month or so, I'm not going to be miserably lonely. I can chat online with my friends all I want, I finally have time to catch up on sleep, clean and de-clutter my house, and work on some of the many many projects I have on the to-do list.

My plan is to create some art, maybe sew a bit, knit, read, re-arrange my bedroom, play with my dolls, fill my car with stuff to donate and probably fill an entire suitcase with doll-related things to sell once we're able to get together for meets again. If I get really bored I could start an Etsy shop for some of my art, or even a youtube channel. 

A couple weeks at home is not going to make this single person miserable. 

Of course, Sara doesn't have TV, her internet access is exceptionally limited and monitored, the reading material available to her is limited, and anytime a Maxwell finds a hobby they really enjoy it seems to be declared an "idol" and proclaimed to be off-limits. I don't think she'd know what to do with herself if left alone for a week without someone to tell her what to do and no schedule to follow. To her, that probably seems pretty scary and potentially miserable. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What do they mean they can't imagine?  They have four single people living in the house.

Are they under the impression you're only single if you're completely devoid of family?  Am I somehow less single than @fundiefan because two of my kids still live at home?  

I don't understand how they can misuse such basic words.

No, see, their unmarrieds aren't alone because they Did It Right and committed to stay at the Mothership 'til marriage death (because let's face it...there's no way they're all getting married) They aren't lonely because time together in the living room is on the schedule every single day. But someone who Did It Wrong and moved out into an apartment alone must be desperate for companionship, even if it's just a letter in the mail. 

I do feel bad for GiGi, whom I hope they've sequestered in her own home for her own safety. I'm sure she's accustomed to a steady stream of visits from grands and greats and this is an adjustment. On the other hand, maybe she's enjoying some peace and quiet without constant visits. Either way I hope she stays healthy. She's very at-risk in this.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bethy said:

No, see, their unmarrieds aren't alone because they Did It Right and committed to stay at the Mothership 'til marriage death (because let's face it...there's no way they're all getting married) They aren't lonely because time together in the living room is on the schedule every single day. But someone who Did It Wrong and moved out into an apartment alone must be desperate for companionship, even if it's just a letter in the mail. 

I do feel bad for GiGi, whom I hope they've sequestered in her own home for her own safety. I'm sure she's accustomed to a steady stream of visits from grands and greats and this is an adjustment. On the other hand, maybe she's enjoying some peace and quiet without constant visits. Either way I hope she stays healthy. She's very at-risk in this.

I've been reading about shelter in place rules, since my state is doing it.(Washington state). Family members who do not live in the same house are not to gather at each other's homes and hang out.   Someone should be doing Gigi's shopping for her and leaving it on her porch.   She is very high risk.  All those great grandkids could be infected with Covid-19, be asymptomatic, and get Gigi very sick.

• Upvote 12

I knew Steve saw this as an opportunity to sell stuff. He's probably just so giddy getting more orders in. 

• Upvote 12

So Sarah didn't mean single people she meant people living alone didn't she? Which yes I am and actually no I'm not lonely. I text and Facebook message and Twitter and Instagram DM with friends. I have video calls and I talk to my parents on the phone. 

Plus I have to work. I telework but I'm still working for 8 hours a day. 

Also I have two cats. 

• Upvote 17

They're still trying to sell their crap in today's post.

Personally, I am very grateful that the few school-age kids in my family attend public school and are scheduled to start doing school online next week. With their teachers. Schools supplied tablets to kids without them. 

I know not all students are as fortunate -  I am simply grateful for the districts and schools those in my family attend. 

• Upvote 7

I know of numerous neighborhood groups and church groups that are doing check-in calls to elderly people to see if they need anything, make sure they are doing okay, etc. I know that my local neighborhood brigade is doing it off the voter rolls, even - they want to be sure to reach everyone, to the point of finding speakers of people’s native languages so that language isn’t a barrier. And I myself am checking in regularly with many friends, regardless of their age or marital status, because I care about them. But this all comes from a place of genuinely caring about others, not of wanting to convert them. Would the Maxwells even count it as reaching out if Jesus was not mentioned?

also, they apparently noticed that kids are into slime. Only 3 years since the trend happened in the rest of the country.....

• Upvote 11

I’m single and live alone with my dog. I’m in a sheltered in place area, so I walk my dog, do yoga from my Roku channel, read, watch TV, call friends, meet up with neighbors for drinks in the courtyard, and if I don’t feel like cooking I walk down the street to one of the many restaurants doing takeout service. Sometimes I go run because just walking around is considered a crime to be out. I am content and happy although I can’t wait for this to be over. How I miss drinks and dinners with dates and friends. Sarah and all the Maxwells are missing out on life. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

I’m single and live alone with my dog. I’m in a sheltered in place area, so I walk my dog, do yoga from my Roku channel, read, watch TV, call friends, meet up with neighbors for drinks in the courtyard, and if I don’t feel like cooking I walk down the street to one of the many restaurants doing takeout service. Sometimes I go run because just walking around is considered a crime to be out. I am content and happy although I can’t wait for this to be over. How I miss drinks and dinners with dates and friends. Sarah and all the Maxwells are missing out on life. 

To be honest, it seems even many of our shelter in place lives are more exciting than the Maxwells normal lives. They can't read a cheesy book for fun, they can't watch movies they never bothered with before just for a laugh, they can't meander through the Internet and find good things to read, good ideas for entertainment, good recipes, good laughs. I came across a random site that does streaming seminars on British history - which is my "thing". I've been watching a lot of videos and talks about something that sincerely interests me and enjoying every minute of it. 

My safer at home / surgery recovery life is like a part compared to a day in Maxhell. Seriously. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

To be honest, it seems even many of our shelter in place lives are more exciting than the Maxwells normal lives. They can't read a cheesy book for fun, they can't watch movies they never bothered with before just for a laugh, they can't meander through the Internet and find good things to read, good ideas for entertainment, good recipes, good laughs. I came across a random site that does streaming seminars on British history - which is my "thing". I've been watching a lot of videos and talks about something that sincerely interests me and enjoying every minute of it. 

My safer at home / surgery recovery life is like a part compared to a day in Maxhell. Seriously. 

Hahaha This is why I don't get why they keep writing blogs about it and act like anything has really changed.  The only difference is that they can't get the whole mob together at once.  

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Edited by JulineD
  • Upvote 5

I wonder if they are feeling a bit deflated. They can no longer feel special and set apart now that millions of people are staying at home. I’m sure they believe they are doing it better than everyone else but it must be cold comfort to them. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

On 3/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, anachronistic said:

also, they apparently noticed that kids are into slime. Only 3 years since the trend happened in the rest of the country.....

Exactly... I read that post and was like ‘Maxwells, this is not new or some fascinating discovery.’ Slime has been everywhere, ‘tis not a new thing. Not a new thing. 

I wonder when they’ll discover fidget spinners?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I wonder if they are feeling a bit deflated. They can no longer feel special and set apart now that millions of people are staying at home. I’m sure they believe they are doing it better than everyone else but it must be cold comfort to them. 

I was thinking something similar but then I had an alternative thought; perhaps they're praying and fasting as with humble(!) joy they undertake the awesome new responsibility the Lord has impressed upon their hearts, the responsibility to guide and teach others how to stay at home in 15 min increments and home school their children with no regard for good English grammar.

(Mary's post was far more animated than anything Sarah posts but the grammar was shocking!)

Edited by Syriana
  • Upvote 9

On 3/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, fundiefan said:

They can't sign up for CBS All Access so they can binge the whole Picard series.  My daughter and I just signed up, and we can't wait to start watching tonight.  Poor Maxwells.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Exactly... I read that post and was like ‘Maxwells, this is not new or some fascinating discovery.’ Slime has been everywhere, ‘tis not a new thing. Not a new thing. 

I wonder when they’ll discover fidget spinners?

Me too. Haha. My 4 year old made three batches by herself the other day.  Now, she didn’t make it from scratch, we had glue and “magic solution”, but she actually made it with the right consistency and everything.

That to say... not sure they needed the recipe for slime...

Also... ooobleck is cheaper

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Hane said:

@OhNoNike, oobleck is LIFE. I discovered it as an actual adult!

I’m so sorry to hear this. All those years, wasted to no oobleck...

• Haha 3

On 3/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, fundiefan said:

I came across a random site that does streaming seminars on British history - which is my "thing". I've been watching a lot of videos and talks about something that sincerely interests me and enjoying every minute of it. 

Oooooh, please share a link to that!! Also my "thing"!

And I hope you are recovering well.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Oooooh, please share a link to that!! Also my "thing"!

And I hope you are recovering well.

https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/

You have to give a cc # for that whole auto pay thing at the end of the trial. I just put a reminder on my phone to cancel before that date, There are also a bajillion topics, 

• Thank You 4

There’s an update from NR Anna on the blog. They are going with an oncologist in Seattle who does chemo in “a different way”. Whatever that means. ?

It seems she’ll have to go there for three months in order to receive the treatment. Isn’t her family from Washington? Not sure if it’s anywhere near Seattle, but at least it’s in the same state.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Chemo done 'a different way', with reduced toxicity and reduced immune system suppression?  All that with better stats?  Wouldn't such a protocol be more widely known/reported on if it were showing to be so good?

I'm glad Anna's planning for chemo but  really hope she's not being taken in by a charlatan!

On a  side note, if Anna goes to Seattle for treatment, I wonder if she'll go alone.  I can't imagine the wailing, tears and gnashing of teeth if the Christopher Maxhells move en mass for 3 WHOLE MONTHS!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic