IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

52 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Yes for mama cloth, fabric menstrual pads.  Family cloth is the equivalent alternative to toilet paper.  

I could be down for the mama cloth, but no way would I do the family cloth thing.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I could be down for the mama cloth, but no way would I do the family cloth thing.  

Me neither.  I'd shower after each trip to the bathroom first.

(I've been nauseated all morning and this was...not helpful.)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Why don’t Lori’s followers realize that none of this advice is actually from Lori?!? It makes me stabby. She has not one idea to offer others to help them be a “keeper at home.” She tells them to do it but does not tell them HOW to do it unless she uses someone else’s work. 

Lori so clueless about being a keeper at home, she actually had a man tell her readers how to do it recently. And for those who thought Trey’s advice was so wonderful...they’re idiots. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

The only way I can imagine using family cloth is if toilet paper, and any better options, are completely unavailable.  I think discussing it in that context could be important, given the difficulty finding toilet paper in stores right now.  Yesterday I went to 4 different stores looking for grocery items, not toilet paper because my usual habit is to keep very well stocked on TP, but checked the stock in each store out of curiosity-no TP at all in any of them, including Walmart, so in a pinch family cloth may be the only not-horrible alternative for some, but as a regular money-saving tactic?  No.  No, no, NO!  

• Upvote 11

The only way I'd use a washable cloth as toilet paper is if I lived by myself, so I wouldn't be using something someone else had already wiped their butt with.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

The only way I'd use a washable cloth as toilet paper is if I lived by myself, so I wouldn't be using something someone else had already wiped their butt with.

I'm right there with you.  Today's Parent says 'For starters, the name “family cloth” sounds like the whole family shares a single piece of fabric. *shudder* To be clear, they don’t. It’s a set of small cloths that are used individually and thrown into a hamper after each use.'  It's still bad enough that I wouldn't use it just to save money, and I'm sure Queen Lori wouldn't, despite recommending it to her followers, the hypocritical bitch, but 'family' seems to be a misnomer.  

https://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/trending/family-cloth-is-a-thing-and-we-have-questions/

• Upvote 8

Still waiting for Lori to post how she's helping her elderly neighbors with shopping or at least sharing her toilet paper.  No?  She's not pitching in and helping within her community?  I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya......

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Allow me to share a bit of good news with you, my friends. My mom called me today and my Grandma is not going to Bible study or church for the foreseeable future, has canceled here eye doctor appointment tomorrow, and appears to have really taken our last conversation seriously (I told her to stay home bc we love her too much to lose her). Even my mom is on board with social distancing for herself! 

Lori was, is, and ever shall remain however, a selfish skinbag whose only purpose in life seems to be a reminder to always wear your sunscreen. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 7

28 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Still waiting for Lori to post how she's helping her elderly neighbors with shopping or at least sharing her toilet paper.  No?  She's not pitching in and helping within her community?  I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya......

she sent Ken to Costco.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

“Stomach flu” seems to be a primarily American phrase, over here it’s just gastroenteritis. I did actually read a book set in Britain that mentioned “gastric influenza” but it was set in the 30s or something so maybe that was a common phrase back then. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I'm acquainted with a family who (I believe) uses "family cloths" for urine only (urine is nearly sterile) but toilet paper or a bidet for fecal matter.

This seems like a reasonable compromise to me, but, to me, I'm also not opposed to showers every-other-day (dry climate, not when days involve getting sweaty) and ceasing shaving body hair according to personal preference. I don't think all of Lori's practices are 'nasty' -- taken one or two at a time. All together, in one person, every day... that's not great.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

The only way I can imagine using family cloth is if toilet paper, and any better options, are completely unavailable.  I think discussing it in that context could be important, given the difficulty finding toilet paper in stores right now.  Yesterday I went to 4 different stores looking for grocery items, not toilet paper because my usual habit is to keep very well stocked on TP, but checked the stock in each store out of curiosity-no TP at all in any of them, including Walmart, so in a pinch family cloth may be the only not-horrible alternative for some, but as a regular money-saving tactic?  No.  No, no, NO!  

Fortunately, I’m OK on TP, but finding paper towels on Monday was...a challenge.  Mom brought me two spare rolls she had, plus a pack of napkins(they’re Dollar General brand, but beggars can’t be choosers right now).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Pammy said:

(urine is nearly sterile)

No it isn't.  Even if one doesn't have a UTI there is some bacteria while it's in your renal system, but even if that's the case once it exits your body it's no longer sterile.  The only way I can see this working in a hygienic way is to have one use (before washing) cloths and then immediately after use having them in a bucket containing bleach.  

8 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Fortunately, I’m OK on TP, but finding paper towels on Monday was...a challenge.  Mom brought me two spare rolls she had, plus a pack of napkins(they’re Dollar General brand, but beggars can’t be choosers right now).

I am very glad I've got a stockpile of rags, holdover from my mom, but at some point this week I'm going to have to go out for more cat litter.

My daughter works at a major pet store and a woman with one cat came in and bought them out of litter - all of it.  Hopefully that's a one-off.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Why anyone wants Lori’s advice on education is beyond me; but h here ya go. 

What about English/Grammar, Social Studies, History and Science? Lori can say she only listed two of her many resources, but we all know that would not be true. If I were one of her kids, I would not want her talking about how she “educated” me, lest people think I am a complete idiot thanks to my mother.

Between her waffling between homeschool and private/public, and her emphasis on reading, surfing amd snacks...I’m glad to see that her kids might be somewhat productive members of society. 

5E66AB71-0B85-493C-8962-0FC31EA3DD07.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

What about English/Grammar, Social Studies, History and Science? Lori can say she only listed two of her many resources, but we all know that would not be true. If I were one of her kids, I would not want her talking about how she “educated” me, lest people think I am a complete idiot thanks to my mother.

Doesn't the Saxon math curriculum require a good bit of work for the parent/teacher?  (I could be mistaking it for another, if so someone please let me know!)  If my impression is correct, I'd call bullshit on Lori's claim to have used it, unless she provides some kind of evidence.  If she had to work at it, I doubt very much if it happened.   

• Upvote 8

Saxon Math isn't cheap.  If you have multiple kids in different grades you could be spending $100+ per kids for start up just for math materials.  Of course, with LA money is no object.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 3/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Oh, and BTW bitch, sewing clothes at home actually COSTS money. Fabric stores (if you can even find them any longer) sell a yard of fabric for more than I get an entire garment for at Target. She is sooooo clueless. 

As a longtime sewer, gotta comment on this.  Yes, sewing garments at home generally costs more money versus buying ready made clothing, as compared to that cost difference 30-40 years ago. 

Growing up my mother stretched the dollars sewing a lot of our clothes, and I took up sewing as a teenager for the same reasons.  I could get more out of what money I had / earned for clothes plus I learned to alter things to fit me better and make design changes, so I actually continued sewing clothes even as the fabric prices went up.   But it was not to save money at that point, those days were over. 

Fabric stores are going away, my local JoAnn fabrics just closed its doors and I recently heard of a long-time California store closing after decades of operation.   After years of being away from most of my hobbies, I am starting to crank up the sewing machine and wonder how long the fabric stash will last.

I find it hilarious that Lori reposts this stuff as advice coming from her.  For one thing, that woman would not know a sewing pattern if it hit her in the head.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I am all good on TP right now, but also bought a bidet attachment for my toilet a week and a half ago. Still need to install it, but that should at least help reduce the TP use. If things got dire and TP was nowhere to be found, I could see using cloth in addition to the bidet attachment, but that would be an absolute last resort, I think. There are plenty of options otherwise (kleenex, paper towels, etc... in many countries even regular TP doesn't get flushed, all you need is a trash can with a lid).

Honestly, though, this is Lori. She's not doing without TP. She might have to downgrade to something less cushy, but she'll have Ken spending whole days finding her TP before she'll use cloth or just shower afterward.

Lazy Lori is Lazy.

5 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Fabric stores are going away, my local JoAnn fabrics just closed its doors and I recently heard of a long-time California store closing after decades of operation.   After years of being away from most of my hobbies, I am starting to crank up the sewing machine and wonder how long the fabric stash will last.

Mary Jo's Cloth Store here just went out of business a few months ago after 68 years.

I think there might be one more shop, a quilting place, that has fabric, but other than that it's Walmart or Hobby Lobby as the only sources I'm aware of in the county. (A county built on the textile industry!)

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Mary Jo's Cloth Store here just went out of business a few months ago after 68 years.

I think there might be one more shop, a quilting place, that has fabric, but other than that it's Walmart or Hobby Lobby as the only sources I'm aware of in the county. (A county built on the textile industry!)

That's a bummer.  What's left near me is (outside of the usual suspects Walmart and Hobby Lobby), is another JoAnn just further away.  And one quilt store that services sewing machines.   There's one really awesome place that is still surviving (they do both retail and wholesale) but it's a considerable distance south of me.  

I have watched so many stores disappear including the large chain fabric store I also worked at for nearly 5 years. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Has any one seen Lori’s rant about why we shouldn’t quarantine?  Her responses as well as her stupid followers make me want to throw my iPad out the window!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No it isn't.  Even if one doesn't have a UTI there is some bacteria while it's in your renal system, but even if that's the case once it exits your body it's no longer sterile.  The only way I can see this working in a hygienic way is to have one use (before washing) cloths and then immediately after use having them in a bucket containing bleach.  

Yes, each cloth is single use (that's standard for 'family cloth' users) and laundered like cloth diapers. They've been doing it since their cloth diapers and cloth wet-wipes days: well over a decade.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pammy said:

Yes, each cloth is single use (that's standard for 'family cloth' users) and laundered like cloth diapers. They've been doing it since their cloth diapers and cloth wet-wipes days: well over a decade.

I wonder what the environmental impact is, if due to the extra water, electicity, and soap used if it's a net benefit.

Strictly intellectual curiosity as I wouldn't be able to adopt it myself.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

My snark video on Lori and Ken Alexander.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My daughter works at a major pet store and a woman with one cat came in and bought them out of litter - all of it.  Hopefully that's a one-off.

Stores shouldn't allow this. I'm gladthat many stores are rationing limited items now. People can be so greedy and selfish.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic