IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

On 3/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, RosyDaisy said:

So, here is Mr. Atheist's video that he said was coming:

It's about Lori beating her kids.  He is calling for the same actions he used for the NIFB (pumpkin saga).  I'm in as private person not as a rep of FJ.  I speak and do only for myself.  

To the people who sent screenshots, thank you!  I posted some info on his Reddit but no screenshots.  He never replied back.

Thanks for the link. Lori is awful, I hope people share it as Mr. Atheist requests. We all know her and Ken were abusive but so many that follow her may not and sadly some may she is fine with her actions. I wonder if she is punishing her grandkids like she did her own kids. :(  

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Now she’s suggesting jumping in a bathtub or shower if you run out of TP. She is the grossest thing. I can think of at least 20 things I could do before sitting in a bathtub with my own shitty ass. 

Well, I have plenty of TP already. I have a hand-held attachment on my shower if I need to remove the chunky stuff...

But why are people going fucking bonkers over TP? That's the fucking LEAST of your worries. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Well, I have plenty of TP already. I have a hand-held attachment on my shower if I need to remove the chunky stuff...

But why are people going fucking bonkers over TP? That's the fucking LEAST of your worries. 

That gets me, too, @feministxtian!  I told the cashier at Target the other day that they need a sign up telling folks not to hoard TP as COVID-19 does not give you the runs.  It would make a lot more sense to stockpile Kleenex.  

I'm holding your not yet here granddaughter in the Light.  :hug:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

That gets me, too, @feministxtian!  I told the cashier at Target the other day that they need a sign up telling folks not to hoard TP as COVID-19 does not give you the runs.  It would make a lot more sense to stockpile Kleenex.  

Considering the tap water here is close to undrinkable, bottled water is a big deal here. But, there's no reason to lose your shit over it. I have 3 different kinds of soda, orange juice and a flat of water. I also have plenty of coffee (you can use tap water for it). The felines have plenty of food and I don't really eat that much. I'm good. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I’ve seen a pic of empty TP shelves right next to a full shelf of Kleenex. 

It’s essentially the same thing in a different shape!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

This one might just disappear, and it’s too good to lose when LazyLori activates her delete finger. 

99A6CD39-821B-4226-AE40-73824BB09D6D.png

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 24

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

This one might just disappear, and it’s too good to lose when LazyLori activates her delete finger. 

99A6CD39-821B-4226-AE40-73824BB09D6D.png

So glad you caught this and brought it here. It's gone now, of  course. 

• Upvote 12

This virus thing is the weirdest. I had to stop by Walgreens to pick up some gift bags and I took a walk around and the TP was completely gone. Still Kleenex left over but you know what was completely stocked? Medication. I had no problems buying chest/nasal decongestant for my allergies. That’s one of the main symptoms of this thing.  I’m so confused. Are people afraid they won’t be able to wipe their ass? 

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

So glad you caught this and brought it here. It's gone now, of  course. 

She is such a bitch. Not a cell in her being could bother to acknowledge the contribution of women outside of their homes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

I just went out to my local shop. No toilet roll, no bread, no ready-made pizzas. I guess some of it is because it’s a Sunday night, because pizza and bread both go off/mouldy, it’s not like dried pasta which people have also been stockpiling. We’ve got a fair amount of toilet paper so we’re OK for the time being. (Although of course I guess you can freeze bread and pizza).

• Upvote 5

There are no beans at our local Walmart.  Perhaps that's why people are hoarding toilet paper.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

It’s because people are dying and healthcare is shit Matt. For all that is holy pull your heads out of your white privileged asses. 

0851FF4C-242B-4123-9CA5-A9640E5B7A35.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

People also homeschooled and worked at homen for centuries.  That didn't save them from smallpox, yellow fever and the plague.  I wish these fundies would at least pick up a book and read a page or two about anthropology, history, and psychology instead of talking out of their ass.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 5

18 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

This virus thing is the weirdest. I had to stop by Walgreens to pick up some gift bags and I took a walk around and the TP was completely gone. Still Kleenex left over but you know what was completely stocked? Medication. I had no problems buying chest/nasal decongestant for my allergies. That’s one of the main symptoms of this thing.  I’m so confused. Are people afraid they won’t be able to wipe their ass? 

I had a brief 6’-apart no-touch visit from a church friend who dropped off my Girl Scout cookie order yesterday. She’s a CNA in training (on hiatus because COVID-19 has shut down schools in our state) and said the same thing: she made sure her home was stocked with OTC meds like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, DayQuil/NyQuil, decongestants, and cough syrup—the medicines for conditions that mimic or represent the virus.

I think the TP-hoarding comes from the widespread misconception that “flu=tummy troubles.” I’ve told more people than I can count that flu=influenza and that stomach bugs are NOT “the flu”; there’s no such thing as “stomach flu.”

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I think the TP-hoarding comes from the widespread misconception that “flu=tummy troubles.” I’ve told more people than I can count that flu=influenza and that stomach bugs are NOT “the flu”; there’s no such thing as “stomach flu.”

This, plus people are afraid the stores won't get any more in for awhile. So far, that hasn't been the case in my area; the stores have been well able to restock toilet paper every day, but it's just flying off the shelves and pallets within a few minutes. My daughter, who works for a major grocery chain, said she rolls pallets out and then steps back real fast so as not to get run over by crazed customers! 

Edited by Loveday
grammar
  • Upvote 8

I don't get the TP thing...I really don't. I probably should go and stock up on real food...meh...maybe later this week. 

I have a full bottle of Dawn anti-bacterial soap in my kitchen (the big ass one that lasts about a year), I have the shit you get from hospitals that is some disinfection shit like for wounds and shit. 

What I don't have is slimy salad and salmonella in a bottle. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

Well, for once Lori is giving advice that isn't totally useless, via Laine's Letters, so none of it is her own, which explains why it's not all crap.  Of course some parts fall off the usable list, and some of them...well, let's break it down, shall we? 

1 ~ Tithe the first of our income as soon as it comes in. -Aside from the (im)practicality for a family living on the edge, does Lori do this? Has she ever? 

2 ~ Give to the poor and those that are in need every month, as well as the spreading of the gospel. -Can Lori's high and mighty ass be bothered to help anyone? She has been asked point-blank about how to help the poor, and she has deleted the inquiries. 

3 ~ Pay back all our debts. -Somewhat useful, since paying debts off ASAP can cut way down on interest charges, etc, but of limited use to an almost-starving family. 

4 ~ Save, save, save. -See #3.  

5 ~ A good budget is a necessity. -Important as much as possible. If you're family can barely afford to eat...well, see #3 again. 

6 ~ A Freedom Account is something I learned from Mary Hunt years ago. I take my yearly expenses and divide that amount by twelve, then I know how much has to go into my Freedom Account each month for these yearly expenses when they crop up….It takes discipline, but it’s so profitable once you’ve been trained by it. -Definitely useful for expenses like insurance, etc, if you're not already falling over the brink of bankruptcy...although I've never heard it called that before. Is that a thing I'm not aware of? 

7 ~ I do my best to keep our electrical and water bills as low as possible. -Not bad advice, within reason.  Lori's once a week showering/bathing habit does NOT fall within reason.  

8 ~ I keep our telephone bill at $25 a month or lower. -Phone bills can be a killer, but it varies from one person to another, so whatever works for the individual. 

9 ~ I save a lot of money on food by cooking from scratch...new recipes in my kitchen...lot of things from scratch including some cleansers and cheese, buttermilk, yogurt, etc...make almost all of our bread...shop from many stores and loss leaders so I shop weekly...about eating out, that is something we don’t do very often... -Decent advice, again within reason, like #7.  You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, folks. 

10 ~ Savings must be like a bill that you pay. -If you're out of the starving red zone, then good advice.  

11 ~ An emergency savings is good to have in your house for emergencies. -Also good advice, if you can afford to eat, and feed those children Lori wants you to keep popping out. 

12 ~ I read Christian finance books frequently...Tightwad Gazette... -Damn, Lori makes me want to throw my TG books out!  But I'm keeping them, there's some useful information there, although it's definitely not a one size fits all.  

13 ~ We don’t have any cable, so we don’t get much reception. But I figure we have saved approximately $6000 in the past 17 years living without cable. (You could save a lot more than that these days!) -Has Lori ever been there, done that? Then keep your trap shut, Lori. 

14 ~ We also do not have Internet access. Whenever we need to use the Internet, I use it at the library for free. -Lori, without Internet?  HA!!!

15 ~ I try to keep us as healthy as possible by good food with quality ingredients. -Don't even go there, Lori. Don't. Even. Go. There.  

16 ~ It’s so true that if you waste not, you want not. -Also good, again within reason. Hoarding isn't helpful.  

And it's NOT a one-size-fits-all, throw caution to the winds, trust Lori's god, and everything will be fine and dandy.  Poverty isn't holy!  

• Upvote 9

For Rufus' sake Lori stop, stop, just STOP with the re-posts of Laine's Letters on how to be frugal.  They are 30-40 years out of date.  Life has changed. Prices have gone up. The cost of living has gone up.

Likewise STOP with the re-posts of the 'mama cloth/family cloth' woman who stretches her hubby's income. She is extreme, also nasty (the whole bathing thing). Plus I'm not sure I believe her.

And of course in response to these 2 posts, the leghumpers are vying for the gold medal in the "I'm more frugal than thou" Olympic event responses.  I really like the woman who swears her family of 7 lived on less than $20K last year and they were perfectly fine.

At least Ben Holt admits he takes every single freebie he can that the state of MA gives out. Why do have the sneaking suspicion he even takes the ones he's not entitled to? 

• Upvote 13

Damn...I don't usually post again this soon, but I just saw this on Queen Bitch Lori's Twitter.  :angry-fire: 

bethmoore.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8

Given that this is Lying Lori, Beth Moore probably announced she is working from home during the COVID-19 epidemic.

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Given that this is Lying Lori, Beth Moore probably announced she is working from home during the COVID-19 epidemic.

That's exactly what she did.  I went to Moore's twitter page and she said that she'll be online but they won't be meeting in person.  Lori is a lying liar who lies.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

K, I need to know, wtf is "mama cloth" & "family cloth"? I'm assuming they mean a washable alternative to disposable menstrual necessities? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

K, I need to know, wtf is "mama cloth" & "family cloth"? I'm assuming they mean a washable alternative to disposable menstrual necessities? 

Yes for mama cloth, fabric menstrual pads.  Family cloth is the equivalent alternative to toilet paper.  

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2

On 3/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, Hane said:

the widespread misconception that “flu=tummy troubles.” I’ve told more people than I can count that flu=influenza and that stomach bugs are NOT “the flu”; there’s no such thing as “stomach flu.”

My mom was a nurse and always stressed that.  Stomach flu is just a colloquialism for GI distress, but she was pedantic about that.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

For Rufus' sake Lori stop, stop, just STOP with the re-posts of Laine's Letters on how to be frugal.  They are 30-40 years out of date.  Life has changed. Prices have gone up. The cost of living has gone up.

Likewise STOP with the re-posts of the 'mama cloth/family cloth' woman who stretches her hubby's income. She is extreme, also nasty (the whole bathing thing). Plus I'm not sure I believe her.

And of course in response to these 2 posts, the leghumpers are vying for the gold medal in the "I'm more frugal than thou" Olympic event responses.  I really like the woman who swears her family of 7 lived on less than $20K last year and they were perfectly fine.

At least Ben Holt admits he takes every single freebie he can that the state of MA gives out. Why do have the sneaking suspicion he even takes the ones he's not entitled to? 

My dad moved up to a management position in his industry in 1980. His salary nearly doubled and in my mom’s words “suddenly, we were practically rich and had life options we never had before”. 

His wealthy 1980 salary? $35,000. Which is equivalent to almost $110,000 today. The $21,000 Laine’s family lived on was not poverty level in the time she was doing it.  And I have no doubt that Lori and her leghumpers have no idea how inflation factors into these things.   

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic