IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

@HerNameIsBuffy I found out on my loss’s due date that I was pregnant again. I told my husband the other night that this more feels like the same baby/pregnancy than it does one after a loss. 

• Love 21

I wonder what is up with all these new YouTube channels. Is the show over? Is it a marketing strategy for the show? Is it for fun? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I wonder what is up with all these new YouTube channels. Is the show over? Is it a marketing strategy for the show? Is it for fun? 

Definitely a way of supplementing their incomes via ads- I think the show may be scaled down- perhaps just occasional specials etc. It certainly struggles for relevant interesting  material. Unless Jana starts courting there’s only a succession of boys & they never seem to pull in the interest/ratings & then subsequent babies for all. And while the babies are cute, the Duggars are just too dull to sustain a series. 

• Upvote 11

I also lost a baby around 20 weeks and  I conceived the next baby around the due date of the baby we lost.  We were actively trying at that point and had actually had another very early loss in between those two pregnancies. We told family and close friends around 14/15 weeks but we didn't tell people like neighbors (that we were friends with) and the other moms at preschool until I was entering the third trimester. It was spring in MN and I don't show a whole lot until around then anyway so I was able to keep in quiet. The only people we told early on was our good friends that lived across the street from us because I woke up to very heavy spotting one day around 8 weeks and though I was miscarrying again. I called my friend and she came and sat with me until my husband came home and then watched my other kids while I went in for an u/s. She then watched my kids every week so that I could go to the OB for a "heartbeat check" on doppler since I was so anxious. I thought about renting a doppler for home but decided that it was better to go to the OB since she could easily do an u/s if we couldn't find the heartbeat right away. With my late loss I was at a regular OB appointment with my kids when we couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler. I did not want a repeat of that.

If Joy is pregnant again I hope she feels comfortable sharing when she is ready and doesn't feel pressured to share anything she isn't comfortable with. I know at the time all I wanted was to be pregnant again but looking back now I really should have given myself more time to heal both physically and mentally. 

• Love 28

I thought their you tube was better than Jeremy and Jinger's. At least Joy didn't just stare adoringly at Austin the whole time..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

There is money to be made on YouTube based on likes, views and subscription ( ad revenue and sometimes actual “sponsors”) (I’m guilty of following Mormon family vloggers).  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Joy & Austin have jumped on the YouTube train. Austin looks thrilled :pb_lol:

In the video, Austin calls himself a "commercial contractor." A little digging reveals he doesn't have a contractor's license of any sort.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, marmalade said:

In the video, Austin calls himself a "commercial contractor." A little digging reveals he doesn't have a contractor's license of any sort.

It’s from the same business that made Jana a concert pianist. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Odds are in a red state like Arkansas you don't NEED a contractors license. Republicans in general hate requiring licenses because taxes. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, clueliss said:

(I’m guilty of following Mormon family vloggers).  

I’m open to recommendations??

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, purple_summer said:

I’m open to recommendations??

This is How We Bingham.  They post 6-7 days a week.  The 7th day they do a live video every other week.  They travel a lot.  4 kids plus he has a daughter from before they were married.  Daughter lives elsewhere but is graduating from high school this year and got into BYU so will be around more potentially in the future. (utah name alert)

Five Two Love - St. George UT.  They have quintuplets.  And two older sons.  Videos loaded Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  In one old video I encountered they mentioned in a Q&A video that they had been approached by TV (I may have filled in TLC Mentally) but chose to stay YouTubers (I suspect because they have much more control)

Meet The Millers - five kids.  Three girls, two boys.  The youngest, Jensen, almost died at birth and has esophagus issues.  He also almost died sometime last fall when he nearly choked to death on something he couldn't swallow.  Seem to post 5 or 6 days a week.  Oldest daughter is way into dance.  

April & Davey - 6 kids.  (Utah name alert) the youngest was born last fall.  They've hosted exchange students in the past and are preparing for one for next school year.  April was raised in the FLDS church.  They actually have multiple channels and used to do some sort of super hero videos for kids.  Davey, after the last kid was born, got snipped.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Joy is pregnant, due 2nd week of August

• She took two tests that were negative before her period was late. After she missed her period, she took another test that came back positive.
  • She surprised Austin with the news on his birthday (Dec 11)
  • Right after she found out, she started spotting and called her doctor. He did some blood work and her numbers were off. Her HCG levels were high and it could be a molar pregnancy. They were worried that she was gonna have another miscarriage. They're gonna do genetic testing at 10 weeks to see if the pregnancy is viable.
  • They did the testing and everything looks good. They are having a girl and Joy is due August 19th.
  • There's a gender reveal party. Involving a helicopter releasing confetti. 
Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 21
  • Love 5

I think pretty much everyone guessed it. She wore that one maternity shirt in a recent photo. Anyone watch the video? What's the "jindurr" of the baby?

Edited by lil_secret
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Joy is pregnant, due 2nd week of August

She looks very happy and he looks nervous as hell, and they waited until she was 19 (ish)  weeks to announce to the public. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 10

That's exciting for them. I really hope that things go well for them. It must be so nerve wracking. 

ETA: It's a girl and they announced it by releasing a shit ton of pink sparkles from a helicopter. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 5

So I might share a birthday with a Duggar ?

I hope this pregnancy goes well.

• I Agree 3

Curious about the genetic testing. What would they have done if it wasn't viable? I am currently PG and know what I would do . . . but I don't think it falls within their beliefs . . . 

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, lil_secret said:

I think pretty much everyone guessed it. She wore that one maternity shirt in a recent photo. Anyone watch the video? What's the "jindurr" of the baby?

Girl. 

After their loss, I can't snark on their excitement and caution in waiting to announce.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

Full disclosure she is my pet fundie because we're so close in age and I grew up a tomboy like her, but I really hope this goes well for her. She has shitty beliefs and all but this must've been tough for her to do and I respect her for being open about it at her age. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

I'm actually happy for them. What they went through with baby Annabell is awful and they deserve some happiness.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

She looks so genuine in de video. Normally I don’t like Joy because she seems so bland but I think we just don’t see the real Joy on the show (if we see anything real at all).

• Upvote 15

I’m thinking she will see a real doctor at a hospital for this pregnancy, I’m glad they’re not using a lay midwife.  Especially with her history

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

It’s on the Counting On Facebook page but given they’ve apparently put the whole gender reveal etc on their YouTube channel ( I haven’t watched) I wonder why TLC bother - they can’t be getting much revenue from them . 

That said, I’m happy for her- she’s had a brutal time of it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

Curious about the genetic testing. What would they have done if it wasn't viable? I am currently PG and know what I would do . . . but I don't think it falls within their beliefs . . . 

If it was a molar pregnancy she would have to terminate, it isn't a baby, and would have no heart, no heart no heart beat, not heart beat no life (in their twisted minds).  Also it can cause uterine cancer, so it is best to have it removed as soon as possible.  That is what caused Jennifer Arnold's (the little couple) cancer.

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic