IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

Joy shared a custom memorial print on her Instagram from an artist I've been eyeing for a while (I've wanted to get a similar one done as a gift) It's actually beautiful and I think it's a really nice way for them to honor Annabelle.

Of course the pickleites on Facebook are tearing it to shreds. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Joy shared a custom memorial print on her Instagram from an artist I've been eyeing for a while (I've wanted to get a similar one done as a gift) It's actually beautiful and I think it's a really nice way for them to honor Annabelle.

Funnily enough before joy posted that, that “artist” had been popping up on my Instagram. I would not find any comfort in that kind of memorial, but I do think it is lovely for someone like joy. I can not think of a bad word to say. 
I wonder if we will see one from Siren? 

• Upvote 8

I don't know her name, but she did a portrait for Vanessa Bryant (Kobe's widow). Her style is distinctive in that she doesn't draw noses.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I can’t snark on that. I agree it’s a sweet way to think of her. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Funnily enough before joy posted that, that “artist” had been popping up on my Instagram. I would not find any comfort in that kind of memorial, but I do think it is lovely for someone like joy. I can not think of a bad word to say. 

I think it's one of those things that would bring some people immense peace and would not be a good thing for others. I would love to have one of my wedding day with my Grandfather drawn in and the one I wanted to gift was for an aunt and uncle who lost their grown son, they very much like feeling like he is still around and remembered. I also really couldn't think of anything to snark on. 

That said I think I would feel more conflicted seeing one from Siren, but if it brings her comfort than I can't begrudge her that. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

On 1/28/2020 at 12:24 PM, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I'm calling it now - Science Evolution Forsyth, first of her name, breaker of fundie values, queen of her own throne.

She'll blind you with science.

Spoiler

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Haha 7

On 2/1/2020 at 11:55 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I think it is lovely too. Its not overdone, its just sweet. 

• Upvote 6

I'm with you guys...I wouldn't find it comforting for me but for if it makes her feel better there's nothing to snark on for me.  This is a pretty normal thing and hurts no one.

• Upvote 14

On 2/2/2020 at 6:55 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Actually someone on Reddit made one as a snark. I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit: found it 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3

If anyone who has lost baby finds comfort in a drawing like that then I see no issue, if Josiah and Lauren get sent one or they ask for one made, I will have no issue with it either. Lauren hasn't mentioned much about the miscarriage since Bella was born. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

The way Joy is dealing with her grieve seems very healthy, how she does it exactly is her own darn business.

If looking at this gives her comfort -good!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14

I always say there is no wrong way to grieve and that is mostly true, but there are unhealthy ways to grieve.  Lauren's dealing with her miscarriage seemed unhealthy IMO, it seemed she wouldn't/couldn't move past it and tried to gain sympathy from Joy's loss for herself, and that was unhealthy.  

Having Bella seems to have snapped her out of this, and leads me to believe she had severe anxiety, perhaps even PTSD, while pregnant with Bella and was possibly waiting for something bad to happen again, especially after Joy lost Annabell. Hopefully now that she has Bella, her anxiety levels will come down and she will be able to enjoy any subsequent pregnancies. I say this because she seemed to focus more on the baby she lost other than the baby she was having.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

One thing I've noticed and believe in is that Joy and Austin have a genuinely loving marriage. Seeing what they're up to, they're both very involved in each other's interests it seems (and both seem to really like all this handiwork). It's kinda refreshing, like, Austin clearly loving Joy as she is, and letting her be a part of many "guy" things like hunting and building. I could not see it with the other gals, but then again I'm not seeing that big of an interest towards renovating and such apart from Joy and Jana. I also think Joy is pretty good at social media, at least in the sense of oversharing.

I hope yous all get what I mean ?

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, finnlassie said:

One thing I've noticed and believe in is that Joy and Austin have a genuinely loving marriage. Seeing what they're up to, they're both very involved in each other's interests it seems (and both seem to really like all this handiwork). It's kinda refreshing, like, Austin clearly loving Joy as she is, and letting her be a part of many "guy" things like hunting and building. I could not see it with the other gals, but then again I'm not seeing that big of an interest towards renovating and such apart from Joy and Jana. I also think Joy is pretty good at social media, at least in the sense of oversharing.

I think they do too, they seem to fit each other's personalities well and I feel they both supported each other well after losing Annabell. Joy not getting pregnant again straight away has also given her time to grieve. I think Lauren being pregnant again so soon after her miscarriage made her anxiety worse and then adding to that Annabell being, still born, Grandma Duggar dying, Tyler's baby brother dying when he was a few weeks old all probably added to her anxiety around death. 

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 10:56 AM, finnlassie said:

People in here used to think Austin was really controlling. Not sure if they've changed their minds or just different people are speaking. Another reminder that us humans are, overall, terrible at reading other people (especially via tv shows and social media)!

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It seems the Forsyth's got a dog .  Gideon is in love.

We all want to see this right?

Edited by AliceInFundyland
Brielle is Kim Zolciak-Biermann's daughter. She is a reality star child turned social media "influencer" And, um, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I hate the name. But this is an adorable photo.
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 11

I'm dog sitting a black lab puppy right now, and she is SO high energy it's exhausting. I'm glad the Forsyths live out in the country where their new puppy has lots of space to run. Can't really find much to snark about on that front, though I always wish more people would adopt a puppy than pay for a purebred.

Here's the one I'm taking care of!

IMG_20200215_164401884.thumb.jpg.84860eb6ed59576866ae30a1fc868c5e.jpg

Edited by indianabones
Forgot to add puppy photos!
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 18

I'm only startled that it's a puppy not a baby. I think they'll do quite well with a lab. Austin has the temperament to train a dog properly.

@indianabones

your friend is adorable!

• Upvote 10

Assuming the dog is relatively healthy and not given to eating things that get stuck in its GI tract, I think it'll be a great addition to the family and will have a pretty happy life with them.

Dogs are better than babies much of the time anyway. Not like kids don't try to eat a ton of stuff, too.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Gideon looks thrilled and Austin looks pretty happy too. I'm a sucker for photos of kids and their dogs/puppies. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

For most of Duggar families I would not be happy about a pet in the family but I think that Joy and Austin are the ones that would care well for a dog. 
They are outdoors a lot and generally more involved with nature. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

For most of Duggar families I would not be happy about a pet in the family but I think that Joy and Austin are the ones that would care well for a dog. 
They are outdoors a lot and generally more involved with nature. 

I agree- I was concerned when Jill was asking about dog breeds before Christmas as I don’t think a Dillard dog would get the exercise it needs- I’m sure the boys would love him/her but Derick is caught up with his studies & that would leave Jill to wrangle, feed, educate 2 boys plus train a puppy and make time for dates with #besthubbyever- not a great situation for the dog. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic