IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

If you have ten extra pounds you need to be crucified. (Your hands can't reach your mouth that way)

Screenshot_20200117-231417.thumb.jpg.89d5f8435caf94a19a8e8acd67a51cc6.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Has anyone ever asked Gwen what Jesus said about weight?  I don't honestly remember reading anything He is supposed to have said about only the skinny getting into heaven.  He did, however, have quite a lot to say about the likelihood of the rich.

I've looked around to see what sort of mansion she lives in.  It must be held in a differently-named trust.  Her kids live in really nice large homes somewhat near the church.  How do the Remnant Fellowship people justify her expenses? 

• Upvote 8

Just now, Xan said:

Has anyone ever asked Gwen what Jesus said about weight?  I don't honestly remember reading anything He is supposed to have said about only the skinny getting into heaven.  He did, however, have quite a lot to say about the likelihood of the rich.

I've looked around to see what sort of mansion she lives in.  It must be held in a differently-named trust.  Her kids live in really nice large homes somewhat near the church.  How do the Remnant Fellowship people justify her expenses? 

She will quote the passages that discuss gluttony for why it is ungodly to be overweight. Also verses about your body being a temple.

The church members will say her house is a blessing from God. Her house is called Ashlawn. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Good grief.  Originally, the Ashlawn property was 750 acres.  I wonder how many she still owns.  It looks huge.

ETA:  Remnant has scrubbed everything recent about Ashlawn from the internet.  There's old stuff and a couple of wedding/party mentions.  The address isn't even listed.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Good grief.  Originally, the Ashlawn property was 750 acres.  I wonder how many she still owns.  It looks huge.

ETA:  Remnant has scrubbed everything recent about Ashlawn from the internet.  There's old stuff and a couple of wedding/party mentions.  The address isn't even listed.  

I believe that I have found it here . { https://tennessee.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,3,fid,1321879,n,ashlawn plantation.cfm , 

http://www.placekeeper.com/Tennessee/Ashlawn_Plantation-1321879.html , https://web.archive.org/web/20100621073800/http://brentwood-tn.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=417 } 

• Thank You 5

7 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

Sucks that her presence distracts from the people performing. ?

image.jpeg

In case anyone wants to interact with that FB post.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Thanks.

I just find it odd that so much has been removed concerning Ashlawn.  Is Gwen afraid that people will discover how much she's actually worth?

• Upvote 4

Here is a link to the history of Ashlawn from the Brentwood city website:

Ashlawn history

I've done a minimum of research on some of the former slave plantations around Nashville, of which Ashlawn is one, and there is some recent pushback at using these places as wedding and other celebratory venues.  Here's one article:

Slate article on plantations as party venues

I found the Slate article, which is about Christmas celebrations, because I've been using Google to find information on the apparent original owner of Ashlawn, a man named Richard Christmas.  All I could really find was that his main plantations were in Mississippi, and that he was not a nice person. 

It is a little difficult to find information on Ashlawn, but it might be because it was a relatively small plantation in the scheme of things back in the day.  Of course, Gwen is known for scrubbing such information from the internet, so who knows.

Edited by CTRLZero
I see I duplicated Marmion's work.
  • Thank You 5

On 1/16/2020 at 9:09 AM, danvillebelle said:

I was reading an article the other day about Joaquin Phoenix - he lost the weight for Joker much too quickly, and admitted that he experienced severe fatigue and even various mental illness symptoms, including those of eating disorders.  Gwen would probably applaud him for making himself ill.

Then I watched an interview he did with Peter Travers, who asked "what did you eat after filming was done?"

Joaquin: "Everything." 

Peter: "no really, what did you eat to gain it back?"

Joaquin: "Literally, everything."  

This was DEFINITELY me after ending my last stint with WD. I would often eat until I felt physical pain. It wasn't binge eating, either. I just needed to get REALLY FULL at practically EVERY meal for QUITE some time. That phase eventually ended, but for me, it was just a way of proving to my body that I wasn't going to starve it again. I had PRIMAL hunger. It was very distressing initially, but when I read the book The F*** It Diet, a lot of things became clearer. Another thing that happened is that I not only regained the weight, but I actually gained an additional amount pretty much EQUAL to the weight that I had initially lost. I believe that this was yet another form of insurance for my body. I was starving it, and it needed to be fed. For me, that's that. I've done a lot of work to end over 20 years of chronic dieting (during which my goal was typically to lose around 20 lbs) and yo-yo weight cycling. I am VERY MUCH anti ANYTHING that teaches people that they "should" eat less than they NEED, and WD is at the TOP of this list.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

On 1/16/2020 at 2:39 PM, AmazonGrace said:

As far as I can tell, regular foods are any junk that Gwen likes to eat.  Gwen doesn't like things that are marketed as diet snacks or reduced-fat,  reduced-calories,  artificially sweetened and healthy meals etc. because those are man-made rules and God doesn't want you to count calories or control your eating. Eating chips is fine and Fritos are biblical but if you worry about eating healthy you're doing it wrong . But artificially sweetened diet sodas are perfectly acceptable because Gwen likes diet soda.

Reveal hidden contents

The term “regular foods” includes pizza, cheeseburgers, eggs and pancakes, cereal and milk, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips with cheese dip and chili, Chinese foods, rice and beans, taco pile-up with lettuce and chopped tomatoes, peanut butter and jelly, and deli sandwiches— and everyone gets in the mood for apples, grapes, and carrots or celery with ranch dressing… you get the picture—all from the grocery, and they are America’s most popular foods. Too much of anything can make you sick, such as too much fiber or high fiber foods that can cause harm to the intestines.

https://www.gwenshamblinlara.com/what-is-a-healthy-diet/

You know what's interesting, in her original book, she talks about how she likes whole wheat rolls, baked fish and broccoli as much as other foods like baked potatoes loaded with sour cream, etc. She has definitely endorsed fun foods (I prefer this term over junk foods, so bear with me) like Fritos and whatnot, bur she seemed to also like salads and things like that. I personally think she praises calorie dense foods now because she teaches people to eat less and less as they go along. She used to say that you would eat MORE once you reached you "normal" weight, but then she started saying that "a smaller body needed less food", which indicates to me that once you become thinner you will need to eat even LESS food than you ate to lose weight in the first place. The interesting thing is that there ARE some scientific studies (think biggest loser contestants) that indicate that dieting CAN slow the metabolism and that many people begin to find that they are gaining weight despite remaining on their diets. My personal experience was that my weight loss stopped and I began to feel more and more ill. I was also always cold. Based on sheer numbers (if you follow BMI) I was at my "normal" weight for my height, so I should have felt GREAT, right?  Instead, I was having my thyroid testing and thinking that I might have various other illnesses. All of the tests came back normal, thankfully. I also STOPPED starving myself, thankfully. It's a LOT more nuanced that Gwen teaches in her courses, but she shuns science because she is a dietitian and knows best.

• Upvote 10

The World According To Gwen:

If you put any effort into anything you've ever done in your life it proves that you can get thin. If you like eating it proves you can  love God. Because to Gwen, there is little to no difference between food and God, so transferring the allegiance from one to the other is easy peasy.

Spoiler

You are Not a Failure

January 18, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How skilled you are at pursuing love! Even the worst of women can learn from your ways.
Jeremiah 2:33

You are not a failure. I say this with all my heart. YOU are NOT a failure! You’ve just been applying the wrong procedures to this choice of overindulging or this desire to end the strongholds in your life. You are not lazy…in fact, you have been putting a great deal of effort and money into changing your environment (such as the content of food), but your attempts have not worked.

But this fact is very important – you have what it takes to be thin or to let go of any stronghold. You have what it takes! To change, you must stop loving the world and start loving God. You may feel that you don’t have love or that you don’t know HOW to love God, but you do. The passage above from Jeremiah refers to the love we have already been giving to the world. You ALREADY have a heart of love, and that is half the battle! It is just that you have been giving your love to strongholds, not to God.

God has seen that you are very skilled at pursuing your true love. For those who love food, God has seen you dream about food, dress for food, and put your passion into the planning, content, presentation, and taste of food. You have listened for the voice of food and responded when it called your name. You have encouraged others to appreciate the food and indulge in the food along with you. Yes, you have been a good advocate for the food and an obedient servant to your food god. So you see, you ARE a good lover. What a relief! Because love IS the answer for being set free from strongholds of any kind! Now TRANSFER that love over to your patient, deserving, Heavenly Father, and you will be amazed at the changes you can make!

Mind you, if you're a good cook and people like eating your meals, you're a Satan's minion.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

As I've mentioned, I'm a tiny bit obsessed/repulsed by the RF wedding site, particularly the shiny happy sparkly all glory to Gwod without her and this "message" I . Am. Nothing. Upcoming announcements.  They all read the same way, but each is fascinatingly horrible in its own unique RF-crazy way.

Alas there has been a paucity of Upcomings lately -- Only 2 weddings in Dec and none so far in Jan.

Have they run out of people to marry off?  Will they be dipping down into the 16-18 age bracket?  After all, RF is all about young marriage and immediate bay-beez.

What could be better than teen-age marriages of under-educated children to keep them locked in the Cult of Gwod.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

As I've mentioned, I'm a tiny bit obsessed/repulsed by the RF wedding site, particularly the shiny happy sparkly all glory to Gwod without her and this "message" I . Am. Nothing. Upcoming announcements.  They all read the same way, but each is fascinatingly horrible in its own unique RF-crazy way.

Alas there has been a paucity of Upcomings lately -- Only 2 weddings in Dec and none so far in Jan.

Have they run out of people to marry off?  Will they be dipping down into the 16-18 age bracket?  After all, RF is all about young marriage and immediate bay-beez.

What could be better than teen-age marriages of under-educated children to keep them locked in the Cult of Gwod.

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary. I looked up the word "paucity". Just...thanks!

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Have they run out of people to marry off?

Oh, no!  No more gweddings?  (Sorry, couldn't resist!)  ? 

Is membership slowing down?  It seems like RF might be past its peak, especially if Gwen is nearing retirement.  Since it's such a cult of the personality, I wonder how they will get new blood once she and Joe twirl off into the sunset. 

• Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I keep wondering who Gwen's granddaughter Grace is going to get married off to. How old is she, does anyone know?

45 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Oh, no!  No more gweddings?  (Sorry, couldn't resist!)  ? 

Is membership slowing down?  It seems like RF might be past its peak, especially if Gwen is nearing retirement.  Since it's such a cult of the personality, I wonder how they will get new blood once she and Joe twirl off into the sunset. 

I picture Gwen as being like Queen Elizabeth -- reigning  her entire life.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I also think they stink at updating things sometimes (which is weird). There were a few weddings this summer that weren't on the website until practically the day OF the wedding, or even after the fact. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Gwen is so godly! She owns several Bibles! God never lets her make a mistake!

Spoiler

Treasure His Words

January 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
Job 23:12b

Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey your precepts. Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees. Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed.
Psalm 119:129-136

I share Job’s feelings in the verse from the book bearing his name because I too treasure the words of God’s mouth more than my daily bread. I do not have a one-way relationship with the Father. I have a two-way conversation, even though I do not hear a voice audibly. To hear His voice, I stay in the Word! I have several identical Bibles that I like to use. The only time I panic is when I think I have left my Bible at home after setting out on a trip. God’s guidance is everything to me, and I want to know what He thinks. He keeps my foot from stumbling, He gives me wisdom for which direction to turn, and He protects me from the enemy. I have to have His Word, and I love His laws because they are always right! Do you have a question about a principle? The answer is in God’s Word.

God's laws are always right!

A Rebellious Son

18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21.

If your child eats too much you must have him killed.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have several identical Bibles that I like to use.

I would want to ask her 1. Why she keeps so many identical Bibles and 2. Why having a bunch of Bibles makes God happier. I mean... in a lot of places having a single Bible for an entire household is a luxury...

And I have multiple Bibles, but they aren't identical... some are study Bibles, others are different translations (related note - has she changed from NIV84 to something new?), and some have specific purposes (like direct translations). I genuinely don't see why you would get an identical Bible unless you had just marked one up significantly and loved it so much you wanted a second to start taking new notes.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Deuteronomy 21.

If your child eats too much you must have him killed.

Oh , I'll do you one better .  

When you sit to dine with a ruler,
    note well what[a] is before you,
2 and put a knife to your throat
    if you are given to gluttony.
3 Do not crave his delicacies,
    for that food is deceptive.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 23:1-3&version=NIV   However , also in Proverbs , but in the King James Version , and not in Gwod's beloved NIV , for obvious reason , there is this verse .  

He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in theLord shall be made fat

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+28%3A25&version=KJV  

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 5

On 1/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, Marmion said:

I don’t know how many acres she owns, but that address that was posted owned by an Oman is interesting. There is a new subdivision being built right next to Ashlawn called Oman. I’m not sure how Gwen will feel having so many neighbors living in such close proximity. 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, Xan said:

Good grief.  Originally, the Ashlawn property was 750 acres.  I wonder how many she still owns.  It looks huge.

Yes I pass her house every day. I don’t know the exact house number, but it’s on Franklin Rd. In Brentwood. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RFIntrigued said:

Yes I pass her house every day. I don’t know the exact house number, but it’s on Franklin Rd. In Brentwood. 

Is this the entrance?image.thumb.png.573d319fddffc7f7256f44a9ce009381.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Is this the entrance?image.thumb.png.573d319fddffc7f7256f44a9ce009381.png

I believe this is the old farm pasture next to Ashlawn. Gwen does not own this land (although she has tried to purchase it in the past). From what I’ve observed, either a part of or the entire the farm was purchased by Oman. The details of the deal are quite sparse at the time of this comment.

Links/Sources I’ve dug up:

https://www.trulia.com/homes/TN/Brentwood/sold/5051669781-18-Callie-Ann-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027?rd=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/1651818002

Interestingly enough, Franklin Road is notorious for being an extremely busy street, yet according to the articles / listings above, they plan on having only one (gated) entrance / exit to this subdivision. It appears that they will be adding a street light in accordance to Brentwood / TDOT. That’s going to be a pain in the ass to deal with (for the local population). 

Anyway, I’m sure Gwen and company would be pissed if this subdivision comes to fruition (which is an extremely high possibility). This is one neighborhood that their members can’t easily seep into considering the price of these lots (2-5 million avg).

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I believe this is the old farm pasture next to Ashlawn. Gwen does not own this land (although she has tried to purchase it in the past). From what I’ve observed, either a part of or the entire the farm was purchased by Oman. The details of the deal are quite sparse at the time of this comment.

https://www.trulia.com/homes/TN/Brentwood/sold/5051669781-18-Callie-Ann-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027?rd=1

Interestingly enough, Franklin Road is notorious for being an extremely busy street, yet according to the articles / listings above, they plan on having only one (gated) entrance / exit to this subdivision. It appears that they will be adding a street light in accordance to Brentwood / TDOT. That’s going to be a pain in the ass to deal with (for the local population). 

Anyway, I’m sure Gwen and company would be pissed if this subdivision comes to fruition (which is an extremely high possibility). This is one neighborhood that their members can’t easily seep into considering the price of these lots (2-5 million avg).

Correct. That picture is part of Turner Farm. Ashlawn is next to it. She also has a gated entrance but you can see the house from the road. 

1 hour ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

The subdivision is very much coming to fruition. The streetlight has been installed and the homes are being built. Some of them will be done in the next six months if not sooner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Correct. That picture is part of Turner Farm. Ashlawn is next to it. She also has a gated entrance but you can see the house from the road. 

The subdivision is very much coming to fruition. The streetlight has been installed and the homes are being built. Some of them will be done in the next six months if not sooner. 

Thank you for this information, much appreciated! 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic