IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

There are several other subdivisions of Mcmansions very near her house already, but this one might ruin some of her view. And yeah that new traffic light will get old fast. 

Maybe if all of the land around Gwen’s estate becomes developed, the amount of cardinals in the area will decrease and Gwen will have a breakdown because God isnt answering many of her prayers anymore ? When I lived in TN, there were cardinals outside my windows very frequently. It would have been insane to think that seeing a bird was God communicating with me, but that’s the mental state of the leader of this cult and what she convinces her followers to believe. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, Xan said:

Has anyone ever asked Gwen what Jesus said about weight?  I don't honestly remember reading anything He is supposed to have said about only the skinny getting into heaven.  He did, however, have quite a lot to say about the likelihood of the rich.

I've looked around to see what sort of mansion she lives in.  It must be held in a differently-named trust.  Her kids live in really nice large homes somewhat near the church.  How do the Remnant Fellowship people justify her expenses? 

The only thing I found in the words of Jesus himself was “The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’“ (the “they” he was talking about were the Pharisees). So apparently Jesus ate too much for their liking? But heck, he fed the five thousand because he saw they were hungry, didn’t he? He didn’t tell the disciples to make those (implied to be obese) losers wait for the growl. 

All through the Bible, one can find language equating being well-fed with a sense of wellbeing and vitality. Phrases like “you shall grow fat like stall fed calves” and “the Lord who gives seed to the sower, and bread for food, will bless you with an abundance” (I’m paraphrasing but still.....) 

Pretty bad when a heathenish woman who eats when she darn well feels like it knows the Bible better than “Minister of God” Gwen Shamblin Lara. 

Edited by JillsFlowerHeadband
Left out a thought
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Well, well, well... I complain about no Upcomings on the RF wedding site and lo and behold one pops up today ... for Feb.  Mendl & Brannan for Tuesday. Feb 15, 2020.

Same old same old stories. I. Am. Nothing without Gwod and "this message." Their relationship is so "peaceful" (what's with this extreme emphasis that everything must be peaceful?)

The bride grew up in RF as Remnant Royalty, but the groom seems to have gone all in head first within a year.

Oh and RF web site people who read here-- just a teensy weensy tiny thing -- Feb 15 is a Saturday in 2020. Calendars are super wonderful things. So helpful. Check them out.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Today we learn why Gwen has to wear those fabulous designer dresses: because Jesus told her to give away her cloak and tunic. 

Spoiler

Changing Swords into Plowshares

January 20, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The picture of God’s Earth and His purpose is very different from the world as created and ruled by satan and his dark forces. Here, all focus is on God and the needs of the fellow man, because each person is so connected to and taken care of by the Creator. Those connected to God can be very gracious and giving. The swords are beaten into plowshares as each man is no longer on the defensive, because man is now sharing their bounteous crops with their fellow man. You know when you have found the Remnant of Jerusalem because of the love and respect and care for each member. Isaiah foresaw such a Kingdom of Love…

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. Isaiah 11:6-7

How do you just turn off the defensive mode and then give the coat and cloak off your back? Jesus said, “And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.” Matthew 5:40 Jesus’ teaching can seem unobtainable and disconcerting, even unnerving. Will your needs be taken care of? Who is going to save you if you give all you have to others? How are we going to get ahead if we do not beat our competition, but rather help our competition? Once you put down your loaded guns and beat the spears and swords into plows and help your brother, it will transform your life because you will be taken care of more than ever…

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Well, well, well... I complain about no Upcomings on the RF wedding site and lo and behold one pops up today ... for Feb.  Mendl & Brannan for Tuesday. Feb 15, 2020.

Same old same old stories. I. Am. Nothing without Gwod and "this message." Their relationship is so "peaceful" (what's with this extreme emphasis that everything must be peaceful?)

The bride grew up in RF as Remnant Royalty, but the groom seems to have gone all in head first within a year.

Oh and RF web site people who read here-- just a teensy weensy tiny thing -- Feb 15 is a Saturday in 2020. Calendars are super wonderful things. So helpful. Check them out.

Will you post the link?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Spoiler

Let Your Soul Yearn

January 21, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Psalm 84:1-2

Make sure that your soul longs for God and not for your past and secret loves. Do you remember all the loving concern and attention that you used to give to food? Can you recall how your heart used to long for all those foods that were forbidden on your latest diet? Do you remember how your heart and flesh seemed to cry out to be healthy and to be rid of the excess weight? Now, give ALL of this to God. Give your attention and concern to God and to His kingdom and His children. Let Him be the One you truly love, and let your soul long for His approval. Respond as your heart and flesh cry out for His perfect guidance and for the contentment that comes from obedience. The Lord’s dwelling place has so much more to offer than the pantry!

If you trust God to guide you and feed you, you naturally will not focus on the food at all. A person could “believe” that God will provide, but to TRUST Him fully means that you are happy with the amount of food He gives you. In fact, you cannot get over the fact that He lets you eat sweet and salty foods every day. He could have made everything tasteless! You trust that this amount of food is the best for your heart, soul, and body, even if the amount is a lot smaller than you would have chosen for yourself. The person who does NOT fully trust God to provide, however, will feel obligated to focus on food and yearn for it all throughout the day. The next thing you know, he is unsure about weight loss and is back on the scales; he grows uneasy about eating regular foods, and he is back to counting fat grams and calories. This lack of trust in God’s total reign could send you back down a path of slavery of self-employment or being your own god. Yuck! If that happens, you will find that you have totally lost your focus, and like Peter in Matthew 14:30-31, you are sinking in the water. Follow Peter’s example – cry out to Jesus to save you. Your sinking and His saving are part of the process that Jesus will allow as He trains you in obedience. May your flesh cry out for the living God and not for the food.

Losing weight is really simple, you just have to stop caring about food. If you yearn for nourishment all you have to do is think of God. Because food and God are interchangeable. 

God is really good because he lets you eat unhealthy junk every day (but so does Satan so go figure)

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Losing weight is really simple, you just have to stop caring about food.

This odd because Remnant Fellowship and Gwen Shamblin Lara only preaches to revolve your world around food. Always think about it, always analyze your next meal bites, etc. 

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This odd because Remnant Fellowship and Gwen Shamblin Lara only preaches to revolve your world around food. Always think about it, always analyze your next meal bites, etc. 

Yeah... I think Gwen is a fountain of contradictions. You have to stop worrying about your weight - but your whole religion is based on thinking you need to lose it.

You have to leave your weight to God - but if you aren't losing any, you're a sinner. You should worry about your heart and not your appearance - but even your relationship with God is all about being thinner. 

You should stop thinking about eating - but you should spend all your time monitoring when you get the signal that you can eat again. You should stop living by the desires of your flesh - but Gwen makes a huge deal of living by the desire of your flesh called the Growl. 

You should stop eating because you want to eat - but Gwen tells you over and over again that the reason WeighDown is so great because you can eat what you want to eat.

Losing weight on WeighDown is so easy and everyone can do it - except when Gwen wants to post a devotional about how you probably failed previously.  WeighDown is so simple: just leave things to God and that's it - except when it's hard and you have to struggle and pray and fight your urges constantly.

To be a good Christian, God wants you to give away what you own - but if you're getting richer it's just a sign that you're a good Christian and getting rewarded.

You should eat how much God tells you to - but no matter what God tells you, Gwen knows you need to eat less.

You should live by God's word - but there are plenty of rules about eating that have nothing to do with the Bible.

You should forget man-made rules - but Gwen tells you what to do.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

This lack of trust in God’s total reign could send you back down a path of slavery of self-employment or being your own god. Yuck!

What does she mean by "a path of slavery of self-employment?"  Self-employment versus working for one of Gwen's side gigs?  :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think it's a fancy way of saying, "stop using your brain to think".

I do think I lose a few brain cells whenever I read her delusionals, so it's working! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah... I think Gwen is a fountain of contradictions. You have to stop worrying about your weight - but your whole religion is based on thinking you need to lose it.

You have to leave your weight to God - but if you aren't losing any, you're a sinner. You should worry about your heart and not your appearance - but even your relationship with God is all about being thinner. 

You should stop thinking about eating - but you should spend all your time monitoring when you get the signal that you can eat again. You should stop living by the desires of your flesh - but Gwen makes a huge deal of living by the desire of your flesh called the Growl. 

You should stop eating because you want to eat - but Gwen tells you over and over again that the reason WeighDown is so great because you can eat what you want to eat.

Losing weight on WeighDown is so easy and everyone can do it - except when Gwen wants to post a devotional about how you probably failed previously.  WeighDown is so simple: just leave things to God and that's it - except when it's hard and you have to struggle and pray and fight your urges constantly.

To be a good Christian, God wants you to give away what you own - but if you're getting richer it's just a sign that you're a good Christian and getting rewarded.

You should eat how much God tells you to - but no matter what God tells you, Gwen knows you need to eat less.

You should live by God's word - but there are plenty of rules about eating that have nothing to do with the Bible.

You should forget man-made rules - but Gwen tells you what to do.

Truth.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

My aunt is finally marrying her partner of over 15 years on Saturday Feb 15. I am positive I will have more fun at that wedding, even though I am flying to it with my toddler and without my partner, than everyone at the Remnant one :neener:

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

I don't know what the system is but today's devotional was published Jan 17 last year.

Gwen acts like she solved obesity but her point is, if you're too fat because you want to eat too much, just lose the passion for food. Stop wanting.  

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1713406

And it doesn't solve shit. It's like telling a diabetic that they can cure their diabetes If they just stop having problems with insulin. 

Addicted to alcohol? No problem, just stop wanting to drink.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't know what the system is but today's devotional was published Jan 17 last year.

Gwen acts like she solved obesity but her point is, if you're too fat because you want to eat too much, just lose the passion for food. Stop wanting.  

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1713406

And it doesn't solve shit. It's like telling a diabetic that they can cure their diabetes If they just stop having problems with insulin. 

Years ago when she published her first book, her promise was that if you stuck to the principles of Weigh Down you would get to the point where it was natural and automatic and you would be free of the desire to overeat. That doesn't seem to have worked out for everyone so now she has to double down on white-knuckling it.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

https://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/mendl-brannan-wedding/ -- and proof positive the RF website people read here -- date changed to Saturday Feb 15

Last time Feb 15 was on a Tuesday was in 2011. So they can't even say they were looking at a 2019 calendar. And the next time it will be a Tuesday is 2022. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I thought maybe the 15th is a Tuesday in January or March. But nope.

Maybe they used a template from a wedding that happened on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

Years ago when she published her first book, her promise was that if you stuck to the principles of Weigh Down you would get to the point where it was natural and automatic and you would be free of the desire to overeat. That doesn't seem to have worked out for everyone so now she has to double down on white-knuckling it.

I feel like  there is quite a bit of circular reasoning involved in Gwen's thinking. The principles of WeighDown pretty much amount to "stop overeating and get rid of the desire to overeat". So everyone who still gets the urge to overeat is doing it wrong, and thus it's impossible to fail if you stick to the principles. Basically, if you eat less  you can't fail to eat less. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oooh! We've cycled back through to magnet talk. My favorite of the crazy.

"but rather to a calm, non-magnetized approach to regular foods"

I've had a year to think about it and I still don't know how to have a non-magnetized approach to foods. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

Who does she look like? I'm thinking a cross between Meghan Markle and Minnie Driver .

If I had to answer , I would say maybe a cross between Daniella-monet-hot-pics-02.jpg Vanessa Carlton   , and Daniella Monet 

Vanessa-Carlton-20-6f7dcc773f.jpg

11128203_ori.jpg

Edited by Marmion
I guess if you want to see a photo of Daniella Monet , for comparison , you'll have to look it up yourself , as none of what I posted showed up , for some reason .
  • Upvote 1

The link mention the Mendl's 3 children: "The Mendls have three children, Alexis, Austin and Aubrey" 

I believe Lexi is Alexis.  Also the family photo shows a much younger Lexi.

8 minutes ago, Marmion said:

when she had gotten herself disfellowshiped , before returning , and reconciling with Gwen Shamblin , she was made persona non grata , as if she had never existed .

But tell us more about this -- When did this happen?  What does one have to do to be disfellowshipped?  Is there an actually disfellowhsip ceremony?  Is there a ceremony when one is welcomed back? What do you have to do to be re-fellowshipped -  besides grovel to Gwod?

It all reminds me of a friend of mine's sister whose Orthodox Jewish parents sat shiva for her when she married a gentile. Considered her dead and never spoke of her or said her name Then welcomed the sister back from the grave when she divorced the gentile husband.

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic