IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

Same day, same nonsense from the Cult of Diet Coke & Wine.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Here we learn that Gwen is the perfect Proverbs 31 woman. From the description:

.......Joe gushes about his wife, describing her as gracious, poised, humble…the list goes on!

Also, a reminder that God is FUN. (Not that He isn't, I'm just amused at how and why they harp on this so much.)

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5

5 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Here we learn that Gwen is the perfect Proverbs 31 woman. From the description:

.......Joe gushes about his wife, describing her as gracious, poised, humble…the list goes on!

Also, a reminder that God is FUN. (Not that He isn't, I'm just amused at how and why they harp on this so much.

From a critical standpoint , I would suppose that the purpose of this video was to try to show that Gwen is this perfect example of a woman of good godly character , and that those in Remnant Fellowship have as perfect , and enjoyable lives , and marriages as can be expected in this world .  Also , this might be intended to preempt criticism about the apparent contradiction of a woman heading a religious organization that preaches subordination of wives to husbands , when it is her , rather than Joe Lara , whom is in charge of directing the operation , as well as the indoctrination of the group's general population .  At the same time , she seems to be playing off of her husband's celebrity status , comparably like the relationship between the likes of Tom Cruise and Scientology , or NXIVM and Allison Mack .  People think that if this influential person , whom already might have a fan base serving as a cult of celebrity , endorses this movement then it must be all fine , and dandy .  In Gwod world , as in " girl world " , there are certain traits that the leader is to possess in order to attain influence over her following .  

But impressionable onlookers , who might be interested in becoming part of this , or any other group , which might turn out to be a cult , should keep in mind Proverbs 31 30  , incidentally , and remember that charm can be deceptive .  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Joe: Gwen makes it very easy for me to treat her the way I do. 

Translation: Gwen is loaded with money Joe wants and he is making sure she doesn't take away his plane privileges. 

So many clips of Gwen waving her hand around. And matching with Joe. The matching just makes it obvious they are trying so hard to act like they have a connection. Joe seems to have a velvet jacket that matches Gwen's velvet shirt this time. 

I laughed when Joe again managed to work in how much time he spent in Hollywood. This time they even showed a clip of him as Tarzan. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Joe is talking about how out on the west coast he saw all these marriages that ended up in divorce. They are really sitting there pretending like Gwen didn't RECENTLY dump her long time husband for him. They conveniently leave out that Gwen was married when they met. 

Almost all the clips of them show Joe dancing with Gwen or twirling her when she is near them. They don't ever just sit there causally together, just my conjecture, but it appears that if he has to touch her, he uses dancing or twirling to put some distance between them. 

Clips of their wedding that I fast forwarded through. 

Gwen says she is anxious now to show respect towards Joe. She constantly texts him and builds him up. That sounds very, very unhealthy. 

Gwen claps weird. 

The outtake of fake fighting with Joe not actually looking at Gwen and Gwen constantly fake laughing is awkward. But when he fakes Gwen's voice and says when he comes home and asks what's for dinner she says reservations and Gwen says "That isn't true I love to cook,"The way she says that and the way he is not ever looking at her, makes me think this is actually a real issue with them.  They show a video of her cooking, but I her cooking videos always look very staged. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Joe is talking about how out on the west coast he saw all these marriages that ended up in divorce

He says he can count the number of successful marriages he saw on one hand, then corrects it to "half of one hand."

So . . . 2.5 marriages, Joe?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

I like the few seconds that start at 8:48, where Joe dips Gwen dramatically in the kitchen, while someone in the background just ignores them.

Yeah, they're dipping and spinning again -- whatever.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.512cbe2bc39e56fcc014120a536f2991.png

Also, with apologies to cats with extra toes and the absinthe drinkers who love them:

Spoiler

1933859507_GwenandTarzanHemingway.thumb.jpg.461a56cdb1cf3c0e40719fbf245fa20f.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh look! It’s that time of year when Gwen dresses up like a hooker from Pretty Woman. 

C424CD8E-9BB3-4CFF-9377-D454EBA0B69B.jpeg

Does she wear the same red dress each year? Or does she get a new one each time?

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, mhainlen said:

Does she wear the same red dress each year? Or does she get a new one each time?

It looks like the same one each year. And what’s funny is that she actually tries to look like Vivian the hooker when she goes to the opera. The gloves are the same and she actually tries to do her hair like Vivian. But of course it’s about ten times bigger. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Is that Joe’s daughter to the right?

No, the kids on the right are Michael and Erin's girls. We haven't seen Joe's daughter in awhile. We think maybe Joe lost his custody battle.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

What is his obsession with crawling around?

46853DB5-23C6-4AAD-961F-032C7779DFDE.png

Is Gwen waving a red blanket while he pretends to be a bull?! They have the most bizarre interactions with each other. Is this what Gwen thinks happily married people do on a regular basis? 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

He says he can count the number of successful marriages he saw on one hand, then corrects it to "half of one hand."

So . . . 2.5 marriages, Joe?

Never mind other people's  marriages, Joe... You need to count with  your fingers to keep track of numbers smaller than 5? 

Ooh I have never come up with a thread title before. 

Today's  chapter is short and to the point:   if not eating isn't easy for you, you're an infidel. God only knows skinny people. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191216-163651.thumb.jpg.a01157340404388f199e6093da94f092.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

On 12/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, ManyGoats said:

Also, a reminder that God is FUN. (Not that He isn't, I'm just amused at how and why they harp on this so much.)

I think they're trying to mask the fact that Gwen and RF control nearly every aspect of their lives... "See, we choose EVERYTHING for you but it's okay because doing whatever we say is just so much FUN!!!"

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Never mind other people's  marriages, Joe... You need to count with  your fingers to keep track of numbers smaller than 5? 

Today's  chapter is short and to the point:   if not eating isn't easy for you, you're an infidel. God only knows skinny people. 

Hide contents

I had a different thread title then I read your weather post!

• Upvote 6

The ghost of Ernest Hemingway sent the ghost of Georges Bizet to bother me until I did this.

Toréador, en garde!
Joe’s on the floor! Watch out! He’ll gore!
He chases Gwen, who totters on her heels,
’Round the kitchen she wheels.
Watching them play grab-ass
Is such a bore.
Is this l'amour? I’ll pass!

Toréador, en garde!
Joe looks surprised. Can’t move his eyes.
Gwen can’t fit a montera on her hair,
There’s just no room up there!
“With fun our life is full!”
Is Remnant lore.
I’m pretty sure it’s bull!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Is that Joe’s daughter to the right?

The two on the right are Erin and Michael’s fraternal twins. One looks just like Michael and one looks just like Erin. I think the granddaughter on the left is Elizabeth’s third daughter. I can’t tell you their names, but they all start with G. Because Gwen...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

14 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

Is she hiding Voldemort under her wig?

22776_235932222495_5550311_n.jpg?_nc_cat  

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

This has brought to mind this quote , which I first remember hearing from a Nazarene sermon , and have just now learned was originally from a  missionary to China , James Hudson Taylor .  https://quotefancy.com/quote/1491413/James-Hudson-Taylor-Christ-is-either-Lord-of-all-or-He-is-not-Lord-at-all  So as I have pointed out before , Gwen is not original .  She merely takes prior doctrines to the most unhealthy extremes .  

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The two on the right are Erin and Michael’s fraternal twins. One looks just like Michael and one looks just like Erin. I think the granddaughter on the left is Elizabeth’s third daughter. I can’t tell you their names, but they all start with G. Because Gwen...

According to what I just found out , because I'm nosey like that , the names of the daughters of Michael and Erin are Gabriele, Garland and Gates .  https://www.michaelshamblin.com/about/   And the daughters of Brandon and  Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah are  Grace, Gweneth, and Gloria .  https://www.remnantfellowship.org/Our-Leaders/Brandon-and-Elizabeth-Hannah

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Today's blurb is about a different devotional than the actual devotional but remember:  it is futile, but worse, it is futile...

What are Your Goals December 17, 2019 - You have come for this hour to glorify God’s name, to glorify Christ’s name. If you are eating when you’re not hungry or eating beyond full, then you are glorifying your own name. That is futile, unproductive, useless, vain and empty; and glorifying yourself is repulsive—but worse, it is futile… ...Continue Reading

In other news, my short term memory is crap but that is not all, I think my short term memory is also failing.

Anyway, the actual devotional is about how you're not supposed to worry about tomorrow, and Gwen wants to achieve this by reminding you that the stuff you will need tomorrow may not last until then.

There is hope, your ship can turn around-  and it can sink if it's too rusty.

Spoiler

What are your goals? Have you any plans or expectations for your children or grandchildren? This search is essential for acquiring knowledge and energy to reset your focus away from the mundane and on to the eternal. Your house and clothes will not last, your cars and boats will rust, and your financial savings will fly away like a bird. But how do you get to this focus on the eternal? This seems impossible and seems monumental. But if you will not worry about tomorrow and just take one day at a time, you will see that God can move mountains that seem to be blocking you from this Treasure. The words will challenge you but also encourage you because you will find that there IS hope—that even in the most dire situations, your ship can turn around. There is hope that even in the loneliest situations, you can be fulfilled. Please know that you are not just one in a billion people but that something special is going on if you can hear the Truth. Not everyone can hear or see, which was prophesied by Isaiah and repeated by Jesus and the Apostle Paul.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic