IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

17 hours ago, Marmion said:

As I have referenced here before , in regards to the underlying Church of Christ origins of Remnant Fellowship .  Holly Dunn , was the daughter of a Church of Christ preacher .  And whether or not she was being literal , when she described his hands as being " hard as steel " , in her song , " Daddy's Hands" , it still illustrates that those of their background do encourage harsh corporal punishment , in dealing with what they deem to be misbehavior .  And also as her song indicates , it's considered by them to be a display of love to inflict such pain upon a child .   

So once again , even in this matter , Gwen Shamblin is not original , but rather has been borrowing from the most extreme elements possibly to be found within a number of the Churches of Christ .  

That song was played at my uncle’s funeral.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Why do you laugh? She steps down about 9-10 inches every night, getting out of those shoes! :nanner-drums:

Jesus Christ, hahaha! I almost spit out my drink after reading this ?

8 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Former RF members, I'd love to hear your thoughts on who you think would succeed Gwen. David Martin or Tedd Anger? Or someone else?

Actually, I'd love to hear what anyone thinks so if you choose to speculate, please indicate if you were ever a member.

As stated before, I believe Tedd and David are currently the only “viable” leaders to succeed Gwen. I do not believe a “single” individual would succeed her but a duo in conjunction with a more tightly wound leadership re-org. If anything, I could maybe see a bit of a power struggle or at the very least, a potential schism like the one that occurred in 2008 (I have my theories).

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Have they started preparing anyone else to be the prophet and follow God’s spirit? Years ago I remember them saying that Elizabeth had the most of God’s spirit or had the right spirit or something like that—I dont remember the exact words they used but it seemed likely to me at the time that they had decided to groom Elizabeth to be the new Gwen. Have they made that sort of statement about anyone else, or are we mostly speculating now based on how unhealthy Elizabeth looks and things like how much more often David Martin or others lead church services these days?

I hope Remnant turns into the TV show Succession! ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

As stated before, I believe Tedd and David are currently the only “viable” leaders to succeed Gwen. I do not believe a “single” individual would succeed her but a duo in conjunction with a more tightly wound leadership re-org. If anything, I could maybe see a bit of a power struggle or at the very least, a potential schism like the one that occurred in 2008 (I have my theories).

I do remember you saying that about Tedd and David, I was curious to know which one you thought more likely. Thank you for elaborating on that.

Also --- would you mind summarizing what happened in 2008? I've not heard anything at all about that!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

I hope Remnant turns into the TV show Succession!

I want a pitcher of Lipton Tea, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked and a cage match lol. 

30 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Also --- would you mind summarizing what happened in 2008? I've not heard anything at all about that!

A few RF leaders broke away and left the cult. They took their families and got the hell out of dodge. A few other RF families that followed suit shortly after these leaders left. It was quite the ordeal at the time, as you can imagine. I remember it like it was yesterday. Good times (hahaha)!

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Have they started preparing anyone else to be the prophet and follow God’s spirit? Years ago I remember them saying that Elizabeth had the most of God’s spirit or had the right spirit or something like that—I dont remember the exact words they used but it seemed likely to me at the time that they had decided to groom Elizabeth to be the new Gwen. Have they made that sort of statement about anyone else, or are we mostly speculating now based on how unhealthy Elizabeth looks and things like how much more often David Martin or others lead church services these days?

I hope Remnant turns into the TV show Succession! ?

Seems like Tedd and Candace Anger as well as other so-called leaders are a lot less prominent nowadays, and David and Jennifer Martin actually appear to be working overtime to suck up to Gwen. They probably feel like "darn if we're going to let Joe steal our thunder". The Martins were the only original Remnant Fellowship cult couple other than Gwen and David Shamblin. Yet I don't think the Martins'position is guaranteed forever. That this cult consists primarily of a family business built entirely on adulation of Gwen has never spoken well for its long-term survival. Now that David Shamblin has been divorced out of the picture and replaced by a gigolo, Gwen’s already shaky son and daughter are losing their status bit by bit. Brandon Hannah could probably support Michelle/Elizabeth and his family in a pinch, but Michael and Erin Shamblin simply can't survive without the RF cash. I am convinced that Joe would love to someday take over the Golden Goose that RF represents. It's his acting role of a lifetime,and he clearly knows exactly how to manipulate Gwen. People like the Angers, Martins, Days, Shamblins, and Hannahs mean nothing to him, and they had all better start preparing themselves for the eventuality of complete marginalization within RF. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Seems like Tedd and Candace Anger as well as other so-called leaders are a lot less prominent nowadays, and David and Jennifer Martin actually appear to be working overtime to suck up to Gwen. They probably feel like "darn if we're going to let Joe steal our thunder". The Martins were the only original Remnant Fellowship cult couple other than Gwen and David Shamblin. Yet I don't think the Martins'position is guaranteed forever. That this cult consists primarily of a family business built entirely on adulation of Gwen has never spoken well for its long-term survival. Now that David Shamblin has been divorced out of the picture and replaced by a gigolo, Gwen’s already shaky son and daughter are losing their status bit by bit. Brandon Hannah could probably support Michelle/Elizabeth and his family in a pinch, but Michael and Erin Shamblin simply can't survive without the RF cash. I am convinced that Joe would love to someday take over the Golden Goose that RF represents. It's his acting role of a lifetime,and he clearly knows exactly how to manipulate Gwen. People like the Angers, Martins, Days, Shamblins, and Hannahs mean nothing to him, and they had all better start preparing themselves for the eventuality of complete marginalization within RF. 

It is just a matter of time before Tarzan is running the show.  Give him 10 years and Gwen will defer to him 100% especially if she has any health issues. 

With regard to Erin & Michael:  Their Dad will make sure they are provided for.  They will have no future financial issues if the divorce proceeds are properly managed.  I do not get the feeling on any level that Daddy is a fool with money. 

• Upvote 5

You all are probably right. I just have a hard time picturing Joe actually leading RF. Acting the part of Gwen's companion is very different from what leading will be like. If he does wind up doing it, it seems like it would become a completely different animal, so to speak. I don't see him being adamant about the growl. I'm not sure I can even picture him going on and on about everyone needing to be skinny. (Heck, maybe he SHOULD be in charge. Ha ha!) Does anyone know anything about his church background before joining Gwen?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I might end up being totally wrong, but I can't imagine Joe leading Remnant at all.  He can't even virtue-signal enough to get Gwen to look comfortable with him in their own staged videos, there's no way he can virtue-signal enough to make the rest of the cultists think that he is holier than their other leaders.  He is just too new to the game.  He probably still makes all the sheeple around him slightly uncomfortable and nervous by not using all the lingo right all the time and making too many off-color jokes.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

On 12/28/2019 at 11:56 AM, AmazonGrace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You take the Way of Escape, push the food away, and you are immediately back into waiting for the next growl.

What a happy joyful life. The second you've stopped eating you're already waiting for the next time that you're allowed to eat. Pretty please God let it be soon. 

This is EXACTLY what it was like for ME. My mind was CONSUMED with the next time that I "could" eat as well as "how little" I would eat when that eating occasion came. I cannot tell you HOW MANY TIMES I felt GUILTY when I "ate past full". As I've mentioned in the past, I ended up at the doctor's office trying to figure out why I was lightheaded and dizzy SO OFTEN. Turns out starvation does that to a person. I lost weight, but I was SICK and OBSESSED with my weight and body.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 2

On 12/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, AmazonGrace said:

If you look at your food you will become a fridge. Because that's what fridges do, look at food all day.

That is simultaneously the funniest and weirdest thing I have read all day. 

I have no idea how anyone in this cult gets anything done, what with the constant focus on not focusing on food. It must be exhausting.

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I have no idea how anyone in this cult gets anything done, what with the constant focus on not focusing on food. It must be exhausting.

I don't think anyone but Elizabeth actually follows Gwen's extreme advice. The rest of them seem to be at a normal weight.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ManyGoats said:

I don't think anyone but Elizabeth actually follows Gwen's extreme advice. The rest of them seem to be at a normal weight.

I think she is the one who can’t avoid all attention. There were other members who were scary thin and didn’t look healthy but would fly under the radar because they weren’t Gwen’s daughter

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

I am convinced that Joe would love to someday take over the Golden Goose that RF represents. It's his acting role of a lifetime,and he clearly knows exactly how to manipulate Gwen. People like the Angers, Martins, Days, Shamblins, and Hannahs mean nothing to him, and they had all better start preparing themselves for the eventuality of complete marginalization within RF.

It's one thing to read lines though , and quite another to compose the script .  Even though I have seen at least one  example of the spouse of a cult leader succeeding to leadership , most notably with regards to the Unification Church , i.e. the Moonies  https://www.ozy.com/provocateurs/meet-the-billionaire-holy-mother-of-the-unification-church/80841/ ,  this dynastic system has not been universally applicable .  For a couple counter-examples  , in the Latter-Day Saints movement there was actually a succession crisis , which led to the schism of the LDS church into differing sects .  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_crisis_(Latter_Day_Saints)  And in the case of the Branch Davidians , things actually turned violent .  https://www.people.vcu.edu/~dbromley/branchdavidians.htm  If I were to make a speculative prediction , although I myself have no prior personal involvement with Remnant Fellowship , so take that for what it's worth , I would guess that Michael Shamblin will fill his mother's leading role, upon her eventual passing , and Joe Lara will simply serve as a fatherly figure , but a mere figurehead just the same .  Furthermore , I predict that motivated in large part by a desire to reignite their respective music careers , Michael Shamblin , along with the support of Joe Lara , will make an attempt to reconcile themselves with the National Association of Evangelicals , in order for Remnant Fellowship to enjoy the same sort of success that Hillsong United has had as a music group .   I feel though that it's not all that likely that an actor who's starred in such R rated action films as " Steel Frontier "   

is going to  end up being accepted as the eventual head of a religious cult .  Joe Lara , I think is less like a David Miscavige , and more like a Tom Cruise , whom is a celebrity figure , who by virtue of his star power has cult devotees , particularly the Sea Org waiting on him hand and foot , but doesn't have an administrative position himself .  

Edited by Marmion
I noticed a grammatical error that I made
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I think she is the one who can’t avoid all attention. There were other members who were scary thin and didn’t look healthy but would fly under the radar because they weren’t Gwen’s daughter

Got it, thank you. I'm so glad you survivors are here to give us the inside scoop.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Got it, thank you. I'm so glad you survivors are here to give us the inside scoop.

I’m glad to provide my experiences :) 

• Upvote 5

I feel like the best bet for RF to stay together post-Gwen might be a "man behind the curtain" scenario - whoever comes out on top running the show, but behind the scenes while keeping the outward focus on Gwen. There's enough video of her and writing from her to keep them going for quite a while, I think. Assuming they can keep the brainwashing fresh enough that the "growl" doesn't break through it and remind the congregation that food is actually a necessity for life. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a Gwen animatronic, or a classical-style statue of her that people leave flowers and licked Fritos on as offerings. At least at first, I think it'll still be the church of Gwen.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

a classical-style statue of her that people leave flowers and licked Fritos on as offerings

Some need to leave glasses of wine, as well.

This is a wonderful image - thank you, @Alisamer!

But there are so many decisions to make - curly or helmet-to-heaven hair? Before or after boob job? Being lifted and spun around by Joe, faux-bullfighting with Joe, or just standing there? Exaggerate the height of the shoes even further (or just make a shoe-shaped pedestal)?  Plaque or no plaque (and if yes, what should it say)?

Please submit your sketches to this thread, folks.

Edited by thoughtful
adding something
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a Gwen animatronic, or a classical-style statue of her that people leave flowers and licked Fritos on as offerings. At least at first, I think it'll still be the church of Gwen.

You know , some might find this scenario to be somewhat far fetched .  However , it certainly would not be unprecedented .  I remember when my family and I were vacationing in the Detroit -Dearborn area of Michigan . Being that my father is an antique automobile buff , and because the Hare Krishnas conveniently left out of the brochure for the site , that they had converted it into a temple compound , we had visited this mansion which had previously been owned by auto magnate Charles Fisher .  In it was a life sized wax figure of their founder , Swami A.C. Bhaktivedanta .  (pictured on the left )  11903773_946208815436149_715325649606237  Here is another statue from another location . http://centers.iskcondesiretree.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ISKCON-Honolulu.jpg   So , While I would rather doubt that a supposedly evangelical sect , as Remnant Fellowship purports to be ,  would be as inclined to construct such a graven image , it is also not inconceivable .  P.S. Just in case some reading this might dispute that ISKCON is really a cult , which deliberately deceives people such as happened in my experience , here are some sources from ex-members .  

I learned that service to Krishna trumps mundane morality and ethics—that ethics is, most fundamentally, whatever serves the mission (ethics based on any other motivation is mere sentimentality and mental speculation). To get one of our books or other products into the hands of a non-devotee, and to separate him or her from their money, one could say and do virtually anything. I learned that, despite appearances, such actions could not be called lying or cheating, because they represent the enactment of a higher law, meant for the true benefit of the donor.  

https://surrealist.org/cults/gelberg3.html#evangelistic  ,  

Many sankirtan techniques were deceptive. Most devotees tried to conceal their ISKCON affiliation by wearing wigs and street clothes. Many flatly denied affiliation with ISKCON when asked. Some even wore buttons reading "World Help Organization" or "Children's Charity Crusade" or other nonexistent programs. Others announced that they represented legitimate, mainstream charities. Some even knowingly shortchanged the public

http://madafterkrishna.com/cgi-bin/mak.cgi?mak_critique

Edited by Marmion
first picture failed to display
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 12/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, Marmion said:

As I have referenced here before , in regards to the underlying Church of Christ origins of Remnant Fellowship .  Holly Dunn , was the daughter of a Church of Christ preacher .  And whether or not she was being literal , when she described his hands as being " hard as steel " , in her song , " Daddy's Hands" , it still illustrates that those of their background do encourage harsh corporal punishment , in dealing with what they deem to be misbehavior .  And also as her song indicates , it's considered by them to be a display of love to inflict such pain upon a child .   

So once again , even in this matter , Gwen Shamblin is not original , but rather has been borrowing from the most extreme elements possibly to be found within a number of the Churches of Christ .  

As someone who was raised in the church of Christ, I think I can speak to the discipline thing. This is not so much a church of Christ thing as it was a “Christian” parenting strategy taken quite literally from the “spare the rod, spoil the child” mentality. There were plenty of parents in the church of Christ that chose other forms of discipline, but spanking was a common practice in many homes back in the day. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

You all are probably right. I just have a hard time picturing Joe actually leading RF. Acting the part of Gwen's companion is very different from what leading will be like. If he does wind up doing it, it seems like it would become a completely different animal, so to speak. I don't see him being adamant about the growl. I'm not sure I can even picture him going on and on about everyone needing to be skinny. (Heck, maybe he SHOULD be in charge. Ha ha!) Does anyone know anything about his church background before joining Gwen?

My opinion is that church and the Bible are a relatively new phenomenon to Joe. He doesn't seem to know much scripture or feel very comfortable with the Christian language. He reads common verses straight from the Bible. Nothing wrong with this, but I just don’t see him leading a church one day or even desiring to do so. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

On 12/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, ManyGoats said:

I do find it interesting that, of all her followers, only Elizabeth is unhealthily skinny like Gwen is. The rest of them look normal. The Martins seem to be her right hand couple and Jennifer looks healthy and beautiful. And she has great hair! 

I have to say, RF has made me believe in the whole "camera adds 10 lbs" thing... We have a few family members who are very, VERY skinny... They look okay in pictures on RFs Facebook page, but in person they look genuinely unwell and unhealthy. I've had friends who are at large gatherings with them ask me if they're struggling with illness because they look like they could just blow away.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Today Gwen is back with the same dejavutional that was posted last year, and based on the dated comment, in 2017 as well. (and 2016, 2015...?)

Spoiler

Are you low on money, need your roof fixed or your car repaired? God can provide.

Yeah well I suppose he could if he wanted to, but let's face it, most of the time he won't. And while I'm waiting for  God to provide, I'm going to  go to work, earn some money and   call the mechanic.

Gwen has some weird idea that if you go to the drive through and buy some food they're going to come after you and ask for more money, but if you give your money to God, he's going to be happy because he doesn't need money.

Why the heck does he want to be given money if he doesn't need it and already has it all?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

There's a wedding webcast today and the happy couple says the groom would be nowhere doing nothing if not for Gwen and the bride thinks Gwen's words are biblical.

Praise Gwen!

Spoiler

Groom: I want to quickly point out that none of this would have been possible without humbling myself, asking for help to get a degree, get my resume updated, and seeking advice from others…not to mention the incredible sermons taught by Gwen Shamblin Lara, lessons which have taught us all how to be like Christ and to love God and others, to be good employees, good students, and so much more. I would truly be nowhere without this Church and these teachings, and I look forward every day to learning how to be more Christ-like, dying to my own selfish wants so that I can help my family grow closer to God!

Bride: I began to put the Church sermons and Weigh Down classes into practice, seeking God more and more, listening to these Biblical messages from Gwen Lara that were finally touching my heart. The freedom and peace and blessings were amazing! God moved in every single area of my life—He built more friendships than I ever had before, and my education and career have been so blessed! I am graduating from college in May with a degree in Computer Information Systems and have been blessed to be employed in my field already. I have learned so much from Gwen Lara and Remnant Fellowship about how to find a personal relationship with God and how to seek His will above all else, and that is truly my highest joy!

https://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/snapp-kirkmeyer-wedding/

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic