IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

I saw this meme over the weekend. Totally thought of this thread and I hope RFers take it as gospel!

FB_IMG_1580080494071.jpg.5e3fa6639cb777dccad07c93c8b388af.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 5

On 1/26/2020 at 7:18 AM, throwaway9988 said:

They would say that they “know” deep down that Gwen’s heart is pure and just wants to show/teach the Remnant members how to have a better relationship with God as an example, rather than wanting to show off how holy she is in order to earn the praise of men. 

When it comes down to it, this seems to always been the fallback. When presented with Scripture or whenever we prove one of the other excuses invalid, it always falls back to us just not understanding Gwen... we don't understand what she's saying (i.e. we're not "reading between the lines" properly I guess) or they just trust that she's guiding them properly.

We've also gotten the "we've never heard a message like this anywhere else!" Which to me just translates as "I've never been in a church where literally everyone pretends to be perfect!"

• Upvote 6

Yesterday we learned that you already have everything you need to stop being ineffective and unproductive, and I guess it's fitting that today's devotional is still missing in action. Usually it's been up for about 8 hours by this time. All hail productivity!

It has happened before, she published something about persevering in God's work, or words to that effect, and promptly missed a couple of days. Effective people would time the release for weeks or months ahead, since it's all been written years ago.

From FB:

Every day, be sure to spend time with your children and find out what is in their hearts. Pray with them — guide them, love them.

#mondaymotivation #lovethem

Please God help my children eat less for I want them skinny.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Lately I have been more diligent checking these daily than they've been posting them.

Maybe she actually meant what she said for a change. You already got all you need so further devotionals are not necessary.  (So far there is nothing today either.)

I am going to adopt this formula to solve other problems as well. If you want to be beautiful all you need is BEAUTY. If you want to be patient all you need is PATIENCE. To increase happiness, try pursuing HAPPINESS.

Screenshot_20200129-123118.thumb.jpg.77461f63149e1386600e42177e62dcfa.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

What a freakishly strange woman.  Is she still married to that fellow from about a year ago?  Has her daughter finally starved herself to death yet?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flossie said:

What a freakishly strange woman.  Is she still married to that fellow from about a year ago?  Has her daughter finally starved herself to death yet?

She and Joe are apparently still married, though he sometimes looks like he is cringing when she grabs onto him.  You should check out the videos where they chase each other around to assure followers of their deep desire for one another (foreplay or fauxplay, you decide). 

Elizabeth is still pleasing to Gwod in her thinness, but she's rarely in photos anymore.  Gwen's son looks pretty normal, except maybe for his hairdo. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

No new devotionals but from Facebook we learn that Gwen has never had a job. 

Spoiler

The job is never more important than your co-worker, the thing is not ever more important than the person. 

#motivationalquotes #lovebook

Nice thought but it might be often untrue as far as your employer's concerned. Most of us are paid to do our job, not to primarily socialize with the co-workers.  If you're piloting an airplane I'd rather you take care of the "thing" because it's rather important it won't crash.

Whether you want to think that everything is a battle that you must fight or to just chill and let God take care of everything, Gwen's got you covered. 

Spoiler

Make sure you FIGHT against all spiritual warfare/all temptations. EVERY choice makes a difference! Choose victory today!

Just trust! God is in control of man and all personal interactions. Your job is to obey and pray for what you want; be quiet and wait/watch for God to move mountains!

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

No new devotionals but from Facebook we learn that Gwen has never had a job. 

Hide contents

The job is never more important than your co-worker, the thing is not ever more important than the person. 

#motivationalquotes #lovebook

Everything with her is always extremes. I'd assume that while it IS important to reach out to those around us, most people understand that you still have to do your job to the best of your ability. In a way, that IS one way to take care of your co-workers... by doing your job well so that when they do their job well everything comes together smoothly. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to have a co-worker who spent all their time trying to tell you about religion - but didn't do their part of the project? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Nice thought but it might be often untrue as far as your employer's concerned. Most of us are paid to do our job, not to primarily socialize with the co-workers.  If you're piloting an airplane I'd rather you take care of the "thing" because it's rather important it won't crash.

Your understanding of Gwenese is better than mine because for the life of me I couldn't figure out what she was getting at. Then again, I have terrible fibro fog right now. That might be a contributing factor. But I'm glad I read here today because Gwen has done what a battery of doctors has never been able to do. All I needed to overcome chronic illness and be well is...wellness! Thanks Gwen.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7

On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, CTRLZero said:

Elizabeth is still pleasing to Gwod in her thinness, but she's rarely in photos anymore.  

Perhaps she's there, but turned sideways?

When she is in a photo, she's wearing the one long-sleeved lace top black formal dress, basically every time. Does God choose that dress for her every time? 

(I really do worry a bit about her. She looks like a walking corpse who has already chosen her burial clothes.)

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

But I'm glad I read here today because Gwen has done what a battery of doctors has never been able to do. All I needed to overcome chronic illness and be well is...wellness! Thanks Gwen.

All you need to be healthy is... health!  All you need to be wealthy is... wealth!  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Perhaps she's there, but turned sideways?

Buuuuurn! I laughed so hard it turned into a coughing fit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

When she is in a photo, she's wearing the one long-sleeved lace top black formal dress, basically every time. Does God choose that dress for her every time? 

(I really do worry a bit about her. She looks like a walking corpse who has already chosen her burial clothes.)

Every time I see her I think of Miss Havisham (the version in my head from reading the book) or The Corpse Bride

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

In today's episode of "A day late and a dollar short" we get two at the same time.  It was already  January 31th in many parts of the planet when these two were put up.  But Pro Ana is timeless. We learn that Gwen doesn't know what "give" means, and that God doesn't love you if you eat more. You will be so elated because you lost weight. Gwen also wants you to talk less and lose your libido  (anorexia could help in that...) 

This explains why Gwen talks about being less greedy for material possessions but  lives in luxury: God wants some people to have more and Gwen just wants what God wants.

Spoiler

Give and Take

January 29, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We read yesterday about the love God that is calling for from all of us.…Love is simply give and take. A relationship with God is reciprocal…or just give and take. “Sacrifice” is just another word for “give.” “Denial” is just another word for “give.” You deny (give) and God gives back (take). What do you take? You are taking God’s Holy Spirit, which gives you self-control, and self-control allows you to want less food. When you deny yourself (give), you will want less (take). To “want” less is simply super and supernatural—a true gift, especially in a world of greed. How ecstatic you are when you tap into this gift of the Holy Spirit, and so you actually want less food. You are elated because you know the end result of wanting less is permanent weight loss. How exhilarating if you want to talk less, drink less alcohol, spend less, lust less, overcome dependency on drugs or desire less attention, praise of man, accolades, material possessions, money, etc. This self-controlled life is wanting exactly what God wants you to have, which is usually less for people who are greedy, or more in such cases of controllers who are anorexic. Less is more and more is less, achieved only thru the Holy Spirit of God, and it is a compelling, life-transforming power that saves you from all heartaches in life. The purpose of denial is a relationship.

Therefore be aware…when you stop sacrificing (giving), you end the love between you and God and therefore the gift of the Holy Spirit. If you eat less or deny yourself, you will get the gift and want less, but if you go back to eating more, you will lose the gift and want more, as the Spirit of self-control is taken away little by little until you are given over to your own control as you wished. God gives you what you want. God did everything He could to show you the better way. Do whatever it takes to stay in the boundaries, and if you are given to greed—end it.

Part two is more of the same nonsense. I had no idea that 'give' was such a difficult word. Eating less somehow means you love more and judge less. Eating more means you're a bad person.  If your weight plateaus you need to start over and give God your food (this means not eat) . Gwen has no concept of a healthy weight. Perhaps your weight plateaus because you have reached a good weight and do not need to lose more. But ProAna Fellowship wants you to lose more. 

Spoiler

Do Not Wear Yourself Out

January 30, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Proverbs says… 

When you sit to dine with a ruler, note well what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive. Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. Proverbs 23:1-5

Food, money, things—they are all alike. In denying yourself until you are inside the boundaries of hunger and fullness for food and drink, inside the boundaries for money, you will want less. “Put a knife up” means denial—just stop it. The king’s food is deceptive because it is so sweet and full of fat or rich in calories and you will go way overboard quickly—it is deceitful, so watch out. Stop wearing yourself out for business and enjoy God and His people. Likewise, the Holy Spirit is the key to ending pride, hate, control and antiauthority and replacing it with love. Give (deny yourself the indulgence to hate, control and judge). If you love more, you will want more love, if you hate more, you will want more hate—all a function of the presence or lack of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Do not be party to ending this Love relationship with God, for it is everything—your religion and salvation. God never blocks it; you block it with indulgence and pride or judgmentalness.

Now, if you have plateaued in your weight or any indulgence, start over. If you have lost your first Love, start over. Give Him your food—give and He will give back self-control, which is a desire for less. Do loving acts toward others and you will want to love them more. Give and take, give and take—this is what makes the world go round.

No, pretty sure physics has a different explanation of what makes the world go round.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to have a co-worker who spent all their time trying to tell you about religion - but didn't do their part of the project? 

Well when I was a member I worked with quite a few other members. Some of them were the worst coworkers...they also never tried to talk religion to the other coworkers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

On 1/27/2020 at 11:23 PM, Blue said:

We've also gotten the "we've never heard a message like this anywhere else!" Which to me just translates as "I've never been in a church where literally everyone pretends to be perfect!"

As I have mentioned before , and I'll mention it again , as I ,  like Gwen Shamblin seems to as well , never grows tired of repeating myself , I actually had grown up going to two various denominations which teach Christian perfection , the Church of the Nazarene , and the Christian & Missionary Alliance  .  So this is not exclusive to Remnant Fellowship , by any means . Gwen Shamblin did not come up with the concept of entire sanctification . And long before she was even born , this Presbyterian theologian wrote a critique about it .  { https://faithsaves.net/studies-in-perfectionism/ , https://www.ligonier.org/blog/imperfections-perfectionism/ }  Plus , here are these two polemic essays , one from an atheist http://jcnot4me.com/page92.html , and another by a fundamentalist Baptist http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/perfectioncult.htm .  So this controversy is not anything new , in the least . 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

“Sacrifice” is just another word for “give.”

No it's not. Sacrifice is an act. Just because I give something doesn't automatically make it a sacrifice. It's not a sacrifice if I give my old clothes to Goodwill.

“Denial” is just another word for “give.”

Also no. Going back to the first example, if I take clothes to Goodwill, I'm not denying myself of anything. 

Food, money, things—they are all alike.

Ok, this is getting silly. No Gwen, they are not alike. Food is a basic necessity for life. Money is important to have but not a necessity. Things are not important or necessary at all.

Stop wearing yourself out for business and enjoy God and His people.

Says the ridiculously rich woman who lives on an historical plantation and has an army of minions to run her life so she can just coast.

Do not be party to ending this Love relationship with God, for it is everything—your religion and salvation. God never blocks it; you block it with indulgence and pride or judgmentalness.

Both God and Gwen have a funny way of showing love.

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Both God and Gwen have a funny way of showing love.

Does Gwen understand that she's painting God as being just as perverse, unreasonable, and basically dysfunctional as she is?  Never mind.  Gwennie loves having all that money and the big house and Tarzan and her loyal followers.  She's just phoning it in at this point.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

In which Gwen exhibits classic eating disorder behavior and bakes desserts for others to eat. (If indulgence is a sin isn't she just leading others to temptation?) (No, wait, she can't be because she is sinless)

Spoiler

Experimenting with Give and Take

January 31, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When I first got a glimpse of Christ’s example of self-denial, I started with small experiments of this give and take relationship with God…eating less, talking less, standing in the back of the line, considering others as better, denying myself an indulgence and spending it on the poor. In this interactive relationship of denial, I started making pecan pies and giving them away instead of eating them. This was an enormous calorie reversal to say the least, but more importantly, I experienced for the first time in my life wanting less and the reward for God-led giving. The weight started coming off and the joy rushed into the soul with this denial. Give and take! Give and take! I slowly lost the fear of sacrifice (giving to God) with food. The point is, start with something small—deny food when you are not hungry and see if you do not get back immediately. Then you extrapolate this formula for other fears and vices and money. Amazing, graceful transformations of Saints will occur for those who purify themselves in this manner of denial. We are then born of the seed of the Holy Spirit of God, so we cannot go on taking more, and we will want less because we have been born of the gift of the Spirit, which is self-control. “Anyone born of God will not continue to sin”—I John 3 makes total sense…

“No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning…” I John 3:9a

She thinks she deserves a medal for standing in line and we are supposed to believe that she considers others better than her.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Love is simply give and take.

It is very telling that this is what Gwen thinks love is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is very telling that this is what Gwen thinks love is. 

Beatles voice: All you need is simply give and take, simply give and take is all you need.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

I started making pecan pies and giving them away instead of eating them. This was an enormous calorie reversal to say the least

(If indulgence is a sin isn't she just leading others to temptation?)  <--- @AmazonGrace asked.

Gwen is just gifting someone else the equivalent of a demon refrigerator magnet by giving away pecan pies.   That's just evil.  ? 

"Enormous calorie reversal" - her thought process makes me laugh.  Bake dessert into existence, then give it to others in her cult to agonize over.

• Upvote 6

At first I thought that enormous calorie reversal makes no sense. Baking things that you won't eat does nothing to negate the calories you did eat. It's not a zero sum game, it's not like there's only one pizza and if somebody else takes a slice there will be less food for you. You can bake tons of things for others and still stuff your face with something else.

But maybe she's like a fairytale Marie Antoinette.

Spoiler

kuva.png.615407a259dce9e8126c46482f614a40.pngkuva.png.a6f6aceddb056445b9955d84121f37a2.png

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the thinnest of them all? Me, right? Right?"

"Oh well let's see, Brenda and Karen are pretty thin."

"Crap! I can't get any skinnier, gotta make them look fatter. Let them eat cake!"

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Blue said:

Everything with her is always extremes. I'd assume that while it IS important to reach out to those around us, most people understand that you still have to do your job to the best of your ability. In a way, that IS one way to take care of your co-workers... by doing your job well so that when they do their job well everything comes together smoothly. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to have a co-worker who spent all their time trying to tell you about religion - but didn't do their part of the project? 

More absolutes in today's FB...

Spoiler

Anything that can slow us down is a beautiful thing. Be grateful for the situations God puts you in today and look to Him for all your needs!

Anything? Seriously? I can think of several not-so-pretty things that can slow us down in a bad way. But I suppose Gwen can't.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Anything? Seriously? I can think of several not-so-pretty things that can slow us down in a bad way. But I suppose Gwen can't.

You mean like this bad pile up in Michigan a few years ago might be a bad thing that slows us down?

Spoiler because you see semis and cars collide into each other. Only one person died in the 193 vehicle pile up.

Spoiler

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic