IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

On 1/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, Marmion said:

As I have mentioned before , and I'll mention it again , as I ,  like Gwen Shamblin seems to as well , never grows tired of repeating myself , I actually had grown up going to two various denominations which teach Christian perfection , the Church of the Nazarene , and the Christian & Missionary Alliance  .  So this is not exclusive to Remnant Fellowship , by any means . Gwen Shamblin did not come up with the concept of entire sanctification . And long before she was even born , this Presbyterian theologian wrote a critique about it .  { https://faithsaves.net/studies-in-perfectionism/ , https://www.ligonier.org/blog/imperfections-perfectionism/ }  Plus , here are these two polemic essays , one from an atheist http://jcnot4me.com/page92.html , and another by a fundamentalist Baptist http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/perfectioncult.htm .  So this controversy is not anything new , in the least . 

Yep, definitely not making the argument that it's a unique theology, but that doesn't change my resolve and hope to convince our friends and family to take a Biblical approach to it. Brainwashing sucks.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:09 PM, RFsurvivor said:

Well when I was a member I worked with quite a few other members. Some of them were the worst coworkers...they also never tried to talk religion to the other coworkers.

I'm not surprised... as much as they try to talk about their "outreach" or whatever with the Prison ministry... they are one of the most inward focused churches I've seen.

• Upvote 5

If you eat you will not get to Heaven.

Spoiler

How to Change if You are Struggling

February 01, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

For those who have struggled, have you excused yourself because you have changed in so many other areas? Perhaps there is still one thing you have not given up, and it is usually the first thing God asked you to give up? There are no excuses. God can see straight thru your faulty negotiations with Him. You may overly deny yourself in an area you do not care about (money, for example) so that you can hang onto your idol (food). This “work” is invalid and will not save you on that Great Day, for your idol will be beside you. An idol must be eradicated—as no greedy man, for such a man is an idolater, will enter the Kingdom of God. Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.

When you return to the sin you repented of, that is pride, and pride and the Spirit of God do not mix, so the Spirit (which includes self-control, which is wanting less) is removed. That means when you reject the Holy Spirit you will all of a sudden want more. Have you ever had rapid weight gain? This is the absence of the Holy Spirit.

Thru sincere repentance, with the mercy of God, you can start over. When you start over, it is such an incredible gift to once again receive God’s powerful, priceless Spirit that gives you the “I do not want more” attitude. When you have rejected such a powerful Spirit, you must return to The Lord with humble and convincing words, declaring that you will forever choose a life of giving (denial) to Him. If you do not determine to end your backsliding, you are without the power. Determine to live a life of denial and it will be a beautiful relationship with God!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you eat you will not get to Heaven.

Hide contents

How to Change if You are Struggling

February 01, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

For those who have struggled, have you excused yourself because you have changed in so many other areas? Perhaps there is still one thing you have not given up, and it is usually the first thing God asked you to give up? There are no excuses. God can see straight thru your faulty negotiations with Him. You may overly deny yourself in an area you do not care about (money, for example) so that you can hang onto your idol (food). This “work” is invalid and will not save you on that Great Day, for your idol will be beside you. An idol must be eradicated—as no greedy man, for such a man is an idolater, will enter the Kingdom of God. Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.

When you return to the sin you repented of, that is pride, and pride and the Spirit of God do not mix, so the Spirit (which includes self-control, which is wanting less) is removed. That means when you reject the Holy Spirit you will all of a sudden want more. Have you ever had rapid weight gain? This is the absence of the Holy Spirit.

Thru sincere repentance, with the mercy of God, you can start over. When you start over, it is such an incredible gift to once again receive God’s powerful, priceless Spirit that gives you the “I do not want more” attitude. When you have rejected such a powerful Spirit, you must return to The Lord with humble and convincing words, declaring that you will forever choose a life of giving (denial) to Him. If you do not determine to end your backsliding, you are without the power. Determine to live a life of denial and it will be a beautiful relationship with God!

Gwen is telling people that greed and pride are bad?  So the expensive house, the huge, too-young wardrobe, and the dyed haystack of hair are not greed and pride?  Divorcing her first husband to have a taller, younger, second husband is not greed and pride?  (Or that just might fall under "lust"....)

As for that "rapid weight gain"?  When my thyroid stopped making hormones, I experienced rapid weight gain.  If the "absence of the Holy Spirit" = absence of thyroid hormones, does that mean that the Holy Spirit IS thyroid hormones?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

When you return to the sin you repented of, that is pride, and pride and the Spirit of God do not mix, so the Spirit (which includes self-control, which is wanting less) is removed.That means when you reject the Holy Spirit you will all of a sudden want more. Have you ever had rapid weight gain? This is the absence of the Holy Spirit.

Gwen and god are a couple of dicks. Newsflash: the "holy spirit" is nothing more than your own inner voice and has no actual bearing on your weight. This is a bunch of word salad nonsense that has absolutely zero value to anyone except Gwen as a means to control the wallets her gullible following.

• Upvote 8

Gwen says you should rather spend time loving your family than making money to support them, and this is exactly the sort of thing you would expect to hear from a filthy rich person who thinks the greatest love of all is to let your kids starve. 

I'm sure nations wouldn't fight each other if only you quit your job and loved your homeless kids more.

Spoiler

The Healing Power of Overcoming Evil with Good

February 02, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Our worries should be centered around what affects the heart of ourselves, our families, our children—for what comes out of the heart says exactly who you are. From the abundance of the heart so the mouth speaks, and that is what condemns you—a lack of respect for parents, anti-authority, a lack of love.

Never forget… love is the condensation of all Heavenly laws. It is the Kingdom of Love…Husbands/wives, are you sometimes too busy to slow down and love? Yet that is the fulfillment of the law. Parents may say they need to “make the money”—but at the expense of love? That is a ridiculous use of money! Love is the fulfillment of the law of God. This is so deep. It is so simple but so deep—it is huge. Selfishness is conceived, irritation grows, hate is birthed in the heart, and then this contagion is spread in the home. This poison is taken to the workplace, the schools, the city, the government, and then the nation. Nations fight against nations.

Love or hate is initiated in the heart and then transferred from the home to the Church. Each man, woman and child should strive fight for God’s will to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. The Church’s purpose and Truth must be taught and protected. Trust me, you will feel a permeating peace at the end of your life if you have left behind God’s True Love as the foundation in the Church of Christ and the Most High God.

Jesus taught to turn the other cheek and the gentle word turns the anger away. Once you see the healing power of overcoming evil with good, you have hope to proceed with the next generation. This healing Holy Spirit of God is available to this world…a life-force more powerful than any darkness we may come in contact with. This is God’s love thru Jesus Christ, then given to you…yes, even you! Then you are the vessel, the pipeline purposed to extend this light of God to the world in which there is no greater purpose…no greater love!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Parents may say they need to “make the money”—but at the expense of love? That is a ridiculous use of money!

For the average non lizard person, work can be a way to show love. No one wants to get up in the morning, fight traffic, and work 8 hours at a thankless job but people do it because they like to feed their children and put a roof over their heads. 

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Love is the fulfillment of the law of God. This is so deep. It is so simple but so deep—it is huge. Selfishness is conceived, irritation grows, hate is birthed in the heart, and then this contagion is spread in the home. This poison is taken to the workplace, the schools, the city, the government, and then the nation. Nations fight against nations.

Uhh...phrasing Gwen. 

How does Gwen's wormy brain get from going to work for money to nations fighting? Does she realize how ridiculously melodramatic she sounds? She is the Harlequin Romance version of a cult. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

If you're lonely God will send you a postcard (or he lets you die alone and your mummified body will be found six years later) 

Spoiler

He Has Provided

February 03, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
Matthew 7:24

When we put God’s words into practice, can you believe everything He takes care of each day? First of all, He creates us, gives us a working mind and body, gives us a voice and hearing, and then gives us a desire to find HIM. And then He shows us throughout the day that when we obey His desires, this Lord of the Universe hears and answers our prayers! Our hearts may hurt and He encourages us. We are hungry and He feeds us – feeds us well! We are lonely and He sends a phone call or card or scripture. We are needy and HE provides. HE HAS PROVIDED – and we only have to look to Him for everything. When you are young and filled with energy, the world tells you to “make things happen.” But when you mature and see the Truth of who YOU are vs. who GOD is, you learn to go to HIM for all needs. He rejects the prideful and gives grace and help to the humble who need Him and call upon Him. Read all of Matthew 7 today for a filled heart!

Is this new material? There is no reference to an old source?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

We are hungry and He feeds us – feeds us well!

Except for all those children he lets starve, Gwen. Does literally no one in that church have the brain cells to realize that plenty of people starve, even good Christian people? Does Gwen just blame those poor toddlers for starving and act like they deserve it?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Except for all those children he lets starve, Gwen. Does literally no one in that church have the brain cells to realize that plenty of people starve, even good Christian people? Does Gwen just blame those poor toddlers for starving and act like they deserve it?

Easy, those starving children are non believing heathens and therefore not his problem. If they only obeyed her god he would feed them well and call them up on the phone. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Remnant does the typical thing where they put poor people out of their minds because suffering during this life doesn’t matter, all that matters is getting into heaven to avoid suffering eternally in hell, so yeah it sucks that kids starved to death and their church’s money could have prevented some of it, but those kids’ souls are in heaven so that’s what matters, and they can selfishly keep all their money within their church and within their own households as long as they constantly talk about how much they serve god in other ways. Because ultimately they follow a prosperity teaching and need some way to try and rationalize why God has blessed them while simultaneously making it okay for innocents to suffer. 

Basically God lets the Remnant be rich because they are skinnier and holier than everyone else. Starving kids are not to be brought to mind, but if someone brings them up, the starving kids are the most blessed because they get to go straight to heaven and werent  allowed to be tempted with a sinful life.  So if God is so happy with the Remnant then why doesnt he give them the biggest blessing, the same inability to sin as a starving child who suffers constantly? Funny how that never seems to happen. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you're lonely God will send you a postcard (or he lets you die alone and your mummified body will be found six years later) 

Hide contents

He Has Provided

February 03, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
Matthew 7:24

When we put God’s words into practice, can you believe everything He takes care of each day? First of all, He creates us, gives us a working mind and body, gives us a voice and hearing, and then gives us a desire to find HIM. And then He shows us throughout the day that when we obey His desires, this Lord of the Universe hears and answers our prayers! Our hearts may hurt and He encourages us. We are hungry and He feeds us – feeds us well! We are lonely and He sends a phone call or card or scripture. We are needy and HE provides. HE HAS PROVIDED – and we only have to look to Him for everything. When you are young and filled with energy, the world tells you to “make things happen.” But when you mature and see the Truth of who YOU are vs. who GOD is, you learn to go to HIM for all needs. He rejects the prideful and gives grace and help to the humble who need Him and call upon Him. Read all of Matthew 7 today for a filled heart!

Is this new material? There is no reference to an old source?

In rebuttal https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=james 2&version=NIV , https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+4+%3A17&version=NIV , and maybe even this 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+5+%3A+1-3&version=NIV  

• Upvote 2

Jesus told you to do good things for other people because it's the right thing to do. Gwen wants you to  make a list of good things you might possibly do some day. Not because doing them is important, but because The list distracts you until you can eat again.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200204-120857.thumb.jpg.3970e2de412582be66c0da5e8458a8a4.jpg

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

Really, Gwen?  Is it too much to ask that you at least provide new material for all those RF folks who are paying you good money?

She's crazy AND lazy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I know I have read this in one of these threads before but can't find it now. Anyway if you're not feeling the growl maybe you should eat a little something after 36 hours. 

Spoiler

How to Wait for Hunger

February 05, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you need to start over, start now, not Monday, to wait for stomach hunger. You will feel better than you have in a long time. The body appreciates it when you do not force food down the esophagus. The amazing extra energy is going to astound you! Write down how you feel. Look for a small, empty feeling or growl. Some people have had to wait three hours; some have had to wait a day and a half. The more pounds you have to lose or the bigger the last binge was, the longer the wait for your first hunger. After your first hunger, it may come around one to four times per day, depending on how soon you stop eating or how small each eating occasion is.

If you get a headache, it is probably from the strain of a new focus on resisting the temptation to eat. Just take something for the head- ache, and pray for strength. The tension will end. Ask your Father for a clear signal of hunger. Make sure you drink only water or artificially sweetened drinks while waiting. Do not make a habit of chewing sugared gum, hard candy, or your nails, or constantly drinking volumes of coffee, diet drinks, or water. We suggest that you go ahead and eat a small amount of food at the end of 36 hours of waiting, whether you have felt hunger or not, and then start the process over. Hunger should come soon thereafter.

Gwen thinks non-lizard people eating normally  have to force food down their esophagus.

• WTF 2
  • Haha 3

If you get a headache, it is probably from the strain of a new focus on resisting the temptation to eat. Just take something for the head- ache, and pray for strength. The tension will end. Ask your Father for a clear signal of hunger. Make sure you drink only water or artificially sweetened drinks while waiting. Do not make a habit of chewing sugared gum, hard candy, or your nails, or constantly drinking volumes of coffee, diet drinks, or water.

So first WD is the only true Biblical way to weight loss because it isn't man made rules - it's just listening to the cues that God gave your body... but then ignore the cue God gave you of a headache, because that's definitely just from thinking too hard, not from depriving your body of the nutrients that it needs... we only listen to the body cues that Gwod has instructed us to listen to...

THEN we move onto drink water and artificially sweetened drinks (a.k.a. diet drinks) but not diet soda because somehow bubbly diet drinks are bad but crystal light sweetened with the same stuff is fine... seriously? FWIW, the fake sweeteners could also be contributing to the head aches ?

• Upvote 7

I don't think she means to object to bubbly drinks because she says you shouldn't  drink "volumes of coffee, diet drinks, or water". If drinking water is also not fine, it probably is the "volume" that she objects to. She wants your stomach to shrink and shrivel in emptiness, and if you drink a lot of fluids Gwen is afraid that your stomach will remain a huge void inside of you that requires filling.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't think she means to object to bubbly drinks because she says you shouldn't  drink "volumes of coffee, diet drinks, or water". If drinking water is also not fine, it probably is the "volume" that she objects to. She wants your stomach to shrink and shrivel in emptiness, and if you drink a lot of fluids Gwen is afraid that your stomach will remain a huge void inside of you that requires filling.

This is true!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

She's such an insane whackadoo. And she doesn't even hide the crazy inside the cult like Scientologists do, she's got these devotionals right out there in public. How do they manage to sucker intelligent people into this group, saying stuff like that?

If you have a headache from not eating, you should probably eat a little bit. Drink some water. A whole glass of it, even.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 2/4/2020 at 9:10 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Jesus told you to do good things for other people because it's the right thing to do. Gwen wants you to  make a list of good things you might possibly do some day. Not because doing them is important, but because The list distracts you until you can eat again.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200204-120857.thumb.jpg.3970e2de412582be66c0da5e8458a8a4.jpg

That is seriously the most screwed up thing of hers I think I've read. 

• Upvote 5

Gwen has some reasonable advice about smaller portions and eating more slowly which makes sense but she thinks eating "regular foods" will somehow prevent  thinking about food. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't. )

Spoiler

Learning to Eat Smaller Amounts

February 06, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How are we going to approach the food once we do get the green light or feel this hunger? The first thing you do is you think and pray and start looking for answers from within. Ask yourself, “What do I really want to eat?” Put an end to dieting by making sure you are eating regular foods so that you can end head hunger (dreaming about and planning out the food).

As you are learning to eat regular foods, start with a small saucer/plate—or put these smaller half-size amounts on a normal plate. In Weigh Down, you must learn to slow down your eating for two reasons:

1. You will be able to taste each bite instead of inhaling it; you can savor the quality instead of quantity.
2. You remain in much better control and can detect fullness better when you eat more slowly.

Unsolved mysteries.:

1. You're supposed to stop dieting but every other dieting guru will tell you to eat smaller portions more slowly. Why is it dieting and man made rules when the weight watchers do it but not-dieting when Gwen does it?

2. If you can't plan your food, how does the regular food end up on your table?

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

. If you can't plan your food, how does the regular food end up on your table?

Well obviously God goes grocery shopping after he picks out Gwen's outfit for the day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Well obviously God goes grocery shopping after he picks out Gwen's outfit for the day. 

Braise the Lord for God is grate. 

• Haha 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic