IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

We have a thread (you should pardon the expression) on Magnolia Pearl, if anyone wants to see previous FJ discussion of it:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

This sort of coordination is great for group photos, but as a regular practice just makes the entire congregation look like props for Gwen. Wear whatever Gwen says, so you'll coordinate with her and/or make her stand out, whichever is her preference.

Needless to say , this falls under behavior control .  https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/ 

Control clothing and hairstyle

• Upvote 8

On 1/12/2020 at 10:11 PM, ManyGoats said:

Some time ago someone made a comment on the type of clothing RF members choose for their children. I think it was on this site. I would call it shabby chic but I'm not sure that's correct. (I've mentioned before that I'm not very fashion conscious.) Anyway, what would you call this style? 

image.thumb.png.863789751017561f6a6176630f83eef1.png

Children of the Corn

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Today's devotional is regular programming.

kuva.png.9618b8c9d7a180e319e92721631c3462.png

Look at this spiral. Your limbs  are growing heavy. Your eyelids are drooping. You're feeling sleepy. You will stop eating. You will not want to eat. You will stop wanting food. This will be easy. This will be awesome. This will happen automatically. You WILL lose your desire to eat.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1712854

Spoiler

You WILL Desire to Eat Less Food!

January 16, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

For overeaters, once you start swallowing regular foods only when your stomach growls, you will swallow or eat just one-half to one-third of what you used to swallow. The desire eating goes away. That means you will lose weight! You will be able to do this; it happens naturally. You will not have to measure the food or count the grams—your stomach will guide you. The volume of food decreases as you focus on and obey the stomach’s signals. Thousands of ex- dieters are doing this within 24 hours of starting WeighDown.

I guess it's easy unless it's not. It will happen automatically unless tomorrow's devotional is one of those that says  you have to pray about each bite and ask God to give you strength not to eat.

When Gwen reduces eating to "swallowing a volume of food" I lose the desire to eat too... I don't want to swallow volumes, I want to enjoy good and nutricious meals.

As for "thousands of people are doing this within hours of starting WeighDown"... I bet most diets have a great success rate within hours of starting... That's not the problem, the problem is the long term.

Everyone can eat less for a few hours.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I was reading an article the other day about Joaquin Phoenix - he lost the weight for Joker much too quickly, and admitted that he experienced severe fatigue and even various mental illness symptoms, including those of eating disorders.  Gwen would probably applaud him for making himself ill.

Then I watched an interview he did with Peter Travers, who asked "what did you eat after filming was done?"

Joaquin: "Everything." 

Peter: "no really, what did you eat to gain it back?"

Joaquin: "Literally, everything."  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...once you start swallowing regular foods only when your stomach growls, you will swallow or eat just one-half to one-third of what you used to swallow.

This is the weirdest, cultiest, kool-aid drinkingest, get skinny for jesus shit ever. How can her followers not see how utterly bizarre this sounds? It is such a strange way to view eating and instantly sets off my alarm bells.

And what the hell are "regular foods"?!

• Upvote 9

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

And what the hell are "regular foods"?!

As far as I can tell, regular foods are any junk that Gwen likes to eat.  Gwen doesn't like things that are marketed as diet snacks or reduced-fat,  reduced-calories,  artificially sweetened and healthy meals etc. because those are man-made rules and God doesn't want you to count calories or control your eating. Eating chips is fine and Fritos are biblical but if you worry about eating healthy you're doing it wrong . But artificially sweetened diet sodas are perfectly acceptable because Gwen likes diet soda.

Spoiler

The term “regular foods” includes pizza, cheeseburgers, eggs and pancakes, cereal and milk, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips with cheese dip and chili, Chinese foods, rice and beans, taco pile-up with lettuce and chopped tomatoes, peanut butter and jelly, and deli sandwiches— and everyone gets in the mood for apples, grapes, and carrots or celery with ranch dressing… you get the picture—all from the grocery, and they are America’s most popular foods. Too much of anything can make you sick, such as too much fiber or high fiber foods that can cause harm to the intestines.

https://www.gwenshamblinlara.com/what-is-a-healthy-diet/

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I was reading an article the other day about Joaquin Phoenix - he lost the weight for Joker much too quickly, and admitted that he experienced severe fatigue and even various mental illness symptoms, including those of eating disorders.  Gwen would probably applaud him for making himself ill.

Then I watched an interview he did with Peter Travers, who asked "what did you eat after filming was done?"

Joaquin: "Everything." 

Peter: "no really, what did you eat to gain it back?"

Joaquin: "Literally, everything."  

And also Joaquin Phoenix would know what it's like to grow up in a cult too .  https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29374581/children-of-god-cult-joaquin-phoenix-rose-mcgowan/ 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

As far as I can tell, regular foods are any junk that Gwen likes to eat.  Gwen doesn't like things that are marketed as diet snacks or reduced-fat,  reduced-calories,  artificially sweetened and healthy meals etc. because those are man-made rules and God doesn't want you to count calories or control your eating. Eating chips is fine and Fritos are biblical but if you worry about eating healthy you're doing it wrong . But artificially sweetened diet sodas are perfectly acceptable because Gwen likes diet soda.

It pains me how they can't see the incredible hypocrisy.

Just eat "normal" foods - not something marked "low calorie" or "low carb" or "low sugar." I mean, EVENTUALLY your body will crave a grape or carrot, but unless your body is literally screaming out for nutrients, don't seek out those things. Be re-active, not pro-active.

BUT... you can absolutely drink DIET soda, because I like it. I have to drink something no calorie, and I don't want to keep drinking water - ICK - so DIET soda is fine.

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, katilac said:

Why does she say eating OR swallowing food ? How is that not the same thing?

I suppose that one in Remnant Fellowship might swallow a nutritional supplement , such as a One A Day vitamin https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_A_Day  , especially during fasting .  And also perhaps chew up a treat , but not digest it , just for the taste of it . 

• Upvote 4

I really don't understand how Gwen became a dietitian and stayed one. Do her followers know nothing about nutrition before listening to her?

I googled "dietitian guide to weight loss" and the first (non-ad) article is by webmd. https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/dietitians-top-10-diet-tips#1

Above is the article but here are the top 10 diet tips, think about Gwen's tips while reading these...

1. Enjoy Fast Food Weekly, but Make Smart Choices

2. Drink No More Than 1 Diet Soda a Day

3. Pizza Night!

4. Avoid Breakfast Cereals With Fewer Than 3 Grams of Fiber

5. Pump Up the Protein

6. Keep Score of Fruits and Vegetables

7. Have Alcohol Only on Weekends

8. Have an After-Dinner Drink

9. Try Pre-Dinner Produce Munchies

10. Count 4 Colors in Each Meal

Then I googled "dietitian guide to healthy eating" got diet tips but scrolled down to self.com - for 5 rules for eating https://www.self.com/story/5-eating-rules-from-a-registered-dietitian

her 5 points:

Rule 1: Have one sweet thing every day.

Rule 2: Every day, one meal must be mainly vegetables.

Rule 3: Bring lunch and snacks everywhere—work, in the car, to the airport. Seriously, everywhere.

Rule 4: Limit caloric beverages, including juice, booze, and fruit-packed smoothies.

Rule 5: Never feel guilty.

Another article shows "healthy eating for beginners" - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/healthy-eating-for-beginners 

under the section "Foods to Eat" in that article. Not suprising it is vastly different from Gwen's list who also proclaims to be a registered dietitian and knows all! 

Try to base your diet around these healthy food groups:

Vegetables: These should play a fundamental role at most meals. They are low in calories yet full of important micronutrients and fiber.

Fruits: A natural sweet treat, fruit provides micronutrients and antioxidants that can help improve health (19Trusted Source).

Meat and fish: Meat and fish have been the major sources of protein throughout evolution. They are a staple in the human diet, although vegetarian and vegan diets have become popular as well.

Nuts and seeds: These are one of the best fat sources available and also contain important micronutrients.

Eggs: Considered one of the healthiest foods on the planet, whole eggs pack a powerful combination of protein, beneficial fats and micronutrients (20).

Dairy: Dairy products such as natural yogurt and milk are convenient, low-cost sources of protein and calcium.

Healthy starches: For those who aren't on a low-carb diet, whole food starchy foods like potatoes, quinoa and Ezekiel bread are healthy and nutritious.

Beans and legumes: These are fantastic sources of fiber, protein and micronutrients.

Beverages: Water should make up the majority of your fluid intake, along with drinks like coffee and tea.

Herbs and spices: These are often very high in nutrients and beneficial plant compounds.

BOTTOM LINE:Base your diet on these healthy whole foods and ingredients. They will provide all the nutrients your body needs.

Gwen Shamblin Lara is harmful to everyone's health that follows her eating plan. Gwen Shamblin Lara is also harmful to your spiritual health, God is not counting your bites and you will not get closer to God by waiting for a growl. You get closer to God by reading the Bible and other devotions by highly educated theologians. Gwen Shamblin Lara is a fraud. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
forgot punctuation
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Most of the daily devotionals lately have been recycled from the same day last year but today makes an exception. Hashtag #ramblingshamblin. There are some weird sentences in here and I'm not even sure what she's trying to say.  What Jewels?  Those happies will be so exciting? uh, what? it's good to feel great? is she talking about LSD tablets or what.

Spoiler

It’s All About a Connection with God

January 17, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Staying inside of God’s boundaries is the will of the Father, and in doing this, you are going to be connected. The biggest incentive for staying in God’s perfect zone of hunger and fullness is a Connection with God. The will of the Father is the Connection with God. I cannot think of anything better! You will be so healed inside the will of the Father. Anything that was your will that you laid down and put back inside that Zone, make it your focus to keep it inside that Zone. Do not let satan and the world tell you, “You are worried too much about it,” or “You are such a good person in this other area.” What is NOT in the will of God is all that matters, because that is where the rubber meets the road. That is where everything is going to be used to get you in a relationship with God, and then you will feel His good favor. You will be so excited about His Way of Escape, and at the end there will be Jewels, and those happies are so exciting.

I am praying for all of us to be so in the will of God that we do not let our minds go anywhere but on 1) the growl, because it has been what was outside of His will that we are going to need to concentrate on; and 2) the full, with its Way of Escape, and that will be so exciting. In that, you are going to have so much of the will of God that you will be even more connected with more answered prayers, more Jewels, more reaching out to more people and more excitement. I have nothing but hope for each and every one of you!

Being full is an exciting Way of Escape and if you  wait for the growl  you will be connected to God because God is a digestive tract movement.  You're not supposed to think of anything else but hunger and fullness, ever, and somehow being scarily food obsessed makes you able to reach out to more people.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I really don't understand how Gwen became a dietitian and stayed one. Do her followers know nothing about nutrition before listening to her?

I really struggle with that as well. I've seen some cult leaders who target the uneducated or ignorant, but there are a lot of people in that cult who (in theory) understand how a balanced diet is actually what the body needs.

Their reasoning is always "the fruit." "Look at the fruit..." According to them, the fact that it works is proof that it IS Godly, and if it's Godly then it doesn't matter what modern science says. The problem is that it isn't fully working. I mean yes, people are getting thin... but people are also lightheaded and dizzy and dealing with memory loss... not all of course, but I know of some and I don't think they're the only ones. It's easy to only present the prettiest side of the fruit and hide the bruises and blemishes and moldy spots on the back.

The other side of the coin is that they're good at finding people who are really desperate and vulnerable, and those people will ignore all reason and logic if it means someone takes care of their problems for them. People who are really struggling to get their life together in any recognizable way. They start going to RF and taking a WD class... and then life gets insanely better. And the thing is - it does. Because RF gives them a job... RF sets them up in the basement of some mansion... RF hooks them up with a wife husband (usually one who is "all in" as a way of rooting the newer person or prodigal)... and then RF tells them "Look at all that God has given you because you've finally followed this truth." The thing is - RF pulled the strings. It would be like if my daughter prayed to God for a piece of candy... and I heard that prayer... so I put a piece of candy on her dresser. I mean yes, in a sense you could say that God "used me," but really - I just knew what she wanted and I took it upon myself to give it to her.

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 7

I did some stuff yesterday Gwen would have hated! I ate lunch when I was hungry, but no growl, because I needed to eat then so as not to throw off my schedule. After work, I went to the gym (just started going - so far, so good!) and took a core class then walked on the treadmill. After that, I wasn't super hungry, but it was 7pm, and I knew I needed to eat so I wouldn't be starving in the middle of the night. So, I ate a small salad. I'm not a salad eater. I'm generally a pretty bad eater, and tend to prefer stuff kids stereotypically like. But after an hour at the gym, I didn't want any of that, so I ate a salad, and it was good.

I'm beginning to see why some people say that going to the gym makes you eat healthier. The eating part isn't my focus yet (this month's goal is to create a habit of going to the gym regularly, that's it), but I did choose a salad because I had just worked out. 

Gwen has an easy time spending 24/7 focusing on food and waiting for "the Growl", because she has lots of money, a cadre of people willing to serve her, and is in charge of all aspects of her life. The rest of us mostly have schedules, and things we have to do, and would rather not eat at 11 pm just because that's when "the Growl" finally happened, when we have to get up early the next morning. I'm planning to go to the gym after work today - we leave at 4 on Fridays. So sometime this afternoon, Growl or not, I'm going to have some yogurt as a snack, so I have some energy for the gym.

• Upvote 10

Look at that makeup! She looks like she is wearing the cake makeup used on dead people for funeral viewings! 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Maybe she's already an animatronic? Or Tarzan is recreating Weekend at Bernie's?

For all her focus on appearance, she looks pretty terrible. (And I wouldn't snark on that, except that she herself is super focused on appearance!)

She needs some beauty advice, I think.

I keep thinking she needs to consider looking to another big-haired blonde mature woman as an example. Dolly Parton is, I suspect, older than Gwen by a bit, and is far, far more beautiful. Then again, she seems to have a generous heart and a great sense of humor, so what's inside shows on the outside. With the help of a really good surgeon, as Dolly admits herself.

• Upvote 8

Does anyway with Photoshop skills want to take that pic and make it look real?  Take off the make-up and give her gray hair.  That face, even with the work, looks like a sixty-four year old face.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Don't knock dead people, skeletons are fabulously skinny.

they wear the makeup better too

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe she's already an animatronic? Or Tarzan is recreating Weekend at Bernie's?

For all her focus on appearance, she looks pretty terrible. (And I wouldn't snark on that, except that she herself is super focused on appearance!)

She needs some beauty advice, I think.

I keep thinking she needs to consider looking to another big-haired blonde mature woman as an example. Dolly Parton is, I suspect, older than Gwen by a bit, and is far, far more beautiful. Then again, she seems to have a generous heart and a great sense of humor, so what's inside shows on the outside. With the help of a really good surgeon, as Dolly admits herself.

Dolly is 73; Gwen is 64; Joe is 57. Dolly looks the best out of these three! 

• Upvote 8

It appears to me that she's had at least one face lift.  Look at the pouchy area and dimpling slightly below and to the right of her mouth.  That's the giveaway.  I suspect lip fillers too.  

Joe's had work done too, I think.  Eyebrows are weird.  That's why he frequently looks perpetually surprised.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3

Whew! That's a lot of bling! Earrings possibly, bracelets on both sides, and one honking big diamond anklet.

Is that an earring or another weird hair thing? 

image.png.464b16b9ae363e806b2ff9b2ff5cf26e.pngimage.png.83ae72febb6837a3bc75d2677b029688.png

• Upvote 3

I noticed Joe has coordinated his jacket with Gwod's (see the silver collar).  Must always be color coordinated in the cult!  He also looks like he is daydreaming about the days before surgery* when he could fully close his eyelids.  /snark  ?

*I wonder if his looks were tinkered with before or after he entered the holy covenant with Gwen? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Since we're looking a Gwen pics today, this one has bothered me.  It's a still from her "Proverbs 31 Woman" video.  Gwen is tottering around in the kitchen on her chunky heels wearing skinny pants and she is pretending to fix food for Joe.  No mess in the kitchen from doing prep work.  There's a ceramic bird  and a vase of flowers on top of the gas burners.  I don't know why.  It doesn't even look as if the oven is on.  And that range?  It appears to be a Wolf dual range and those babies sell for around $20,000.  I don't know what bothers me more -- the extravagance of that oven or the stupid fake cooking. 

Gwen kitchen.jpg

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 11

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic