IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

nelliebelle1197

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

seems strangely proud that she has no muscles.

I suppose Gwen rejects all science that says you need to strengthen your muscles to help you stay healthier as you age. The lack of muscle(and eating) is becoming more obvious as she ages and it does not look healthy and like something I want to copy. 

Gwen if full on pretending her first marriage didn't happen. In the most recent Life With Gwen and Joe she claims that if you follow her teachings and do all these things your marriage will be wonderful. So either her advice is wrong or Gwen didn't follow her own advice. But I'm guessing her mindless followers would not want to answer that sort of a question. 

Joe talks about when he and Gwen first met(leaving out she was married at the time) and almost the whole time he is telling the story he is not looking at Gwen. He is gazing just to the side of her head. 

They show this ridiculous dance Gwen and Joe did at their wedding. 

Gwen's eye shadow is very Jill Rod in this video. 

The outtakes which are almost never outtakes show them getting ready for the show and Gwen telling Joe to be himself but not himself. She was a bit too serious when saying that for me to buy she was totally joking. 

Gwen says she is a happy person and Joe makes a face like he doesn't believe her. I don't believe her either. 

Gwen says Joe like it when she calls him senorita. And then she says something I can't understand. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Today's devotional was posted January 26th last year. It's short but says very little.  She asks how often you should eat and doesn't know the answer.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1718620

How Often Should You Eat

February 18, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Your body knows that you are overweight and, therefore, will only ask for a small amount of food.

That's really strange because according to my doctor and all the online BMI calculators my weight is in the normal range. But I guess my body knows better.

Observing a Thin Eater who is in control over a 24-hour period is so helpful. Sometimes, in the course of one day, you will eat all of that during one meal.

All of that? All of what? This sounds like Gwen wants to eat a Thin Eater.  But I suppose she means that it's great to eat just once per day.

Sometimes you will eat such small amounts that hunger will occur as many as four times a day. Basically, the smaller the amount of food you eat at each hunger, the more times your body will ask for food over the course of the day.

If you eat tiny spoonfuls of nothing your body will desire more nourishment. I guess it's good that we have God's Chosen Dietitian to tell us that.

Just obey the body—it knows what you need. Also, do not worry about making a mistake. Just commit to immediately starting over by waiting for the next hunger.

Eating is a mistake you can make.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Gwen is proud that she "doesn't have much muscle mass, and what she has isn't exercised much"? 

I really feel like she has some serious body issues and an eating disorder. I am blown away that instead of getting help to recover from those things, she has instead managed to found a church and make tons of money based on them.

I'm overweight. I know it. But I'm not starving myself and "waiting for the growl" and avoiding vegetables. I'm going to the gym, lifting some weights, and gradually trying to improve my food choices. I'm not even restricting calories at this point - I have before lost a lot of weight by restricting calories, but I was dizzy all the time. Instead I'm trying to eat better - but my first focus was making a habit of going to the gym. I'd rather be healthier and fat than skinny and on the verge of fainting.

I'm amazed Gwen doesn't fall off those ridiculous platform shoes, with no muscle and barely any food. If she did she'd probably break something. Exercise helps strengthen bone, Gwen.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Observing a Thin Eater who is in control over a 24-hour period is so helpful. Sometimes, in the course of one day, you will eat all of that during one meal.

So Gwen's ideal Thin Eater eats one meal's worth of food over 24 hours? 

• Upvote 5

I think we're about due for those devotionals that allow us to eat a little something every 36 hours even if we live in the town that the Growl forgot.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

That's really strange because according to my doctor and all the online BMI calculators my weight is in the normal range. But I guess my body knows better.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Gwen is proud that she "doesn't have much muscle mass, and what she has isn't exercised much"? 

I really feel like she has some serious body issues and an eating disorder. I am blown away that instead of getting help to recover from those things, she has instead managed to found a church and make tons of money based on them.

I'm overweight. I know it. But I'm not starving myself and "waiting for the growl" and avoiding vegetables. I'm going to the gym, lifting some weights, and gradually trying to improve my food choices. I'm not even restricting calories at this point - I have before lost a lot of weight by restricting calories, but I was dizzy all the time. Instead I'm trying to eat better - but my first focus was making a habit of going to the gym. I'd rather be healthier and fat than skinny and on the verge of fainting.

I'm amazed Gwen doesn't fall off those ridiculous platform shoes, with no muscle and barely any food. If she did she'd probably break something. Exercise helps strengthen bone, Gwen.

I just went to https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm and put in 5'0" and 90 lbs (guessing at Gwen's height and weight) and it says - not shocking- she is underweight. 

I just put in my stats and I am the high end of my range, still normal but on the verge of overweight (looking at me nobody would think that but BMI is not a great yard stick to go by) and I still feel that I don't have enough muscle mass. There are things that I can't do because I haven't been doing weight resistance training- I've been doing more cardio. So that is something to work on. Believe you me, I am not proud that I don't have the strength I once had, I am actually a little embarrassed by it. As you both eluded to, Gwen's view of this is just warped. 

I bet she has osteoporosis. I don't know how she couldn't have it. Naturally petite people are more at risk for it, someone that isn't getting the correct nutrients are at a great risk. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I bet she has osteoporosis. I don't know how she couldn't have it.

She has to have health issues. She eats nothing but tiny bits of junk food and diet drinks. And she has done this for years! I don't know how she doesn't feel awful all the time. Maybe she does, but she doesn't know what feeling normal is like anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

I myself do not even base my fitness level upon something so arbitrary as the BMI . For an instance of just how flawed the BMI is , it makes no distinction between me at around 5'11  , and 230 pounds , give or take , and a 300 pound NFL linebacker , in terms of obesity .  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215#Authorities-still-promote-BMI This is why I feel that there are better ways to assess physical fitness than BMI . https://www.popsci.com/there-are-better-ways-to-measure-body-fat-than-bmi/ 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I feel like athletes with lots of muscle mass are not very likely to be confused by BMI because they know what they did to get that muscle mass.

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic