IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 12: IT BIBLE

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, keepercjr said:

How long do you think this will last?

image.png.33503d573c971b72c38ac2fc6aa1dfaa.png

Also, how do they pay for these ER visits?  Does medicaid from 1 state pay for services in another state?

With no fixed address, how is the hospital going to send them the bill?

My local YMCA did a lot of outreach to underserved populations--immigrants, homeless, people living in poverty--offering them free 6-month memberships. Over the years that I worked out regularly there, I don't remember anyone attending for more than a week or two and most of the women just came for the jacuzzi. Which is still better than nothing, because for at least a brief period of time they had relaxation, community, and, if they were interested, role models for getting fit. I just wish they'd been able to offer more mentoring, like maybe accountability workout partners, that might have upped the success rate.

• Upvote 6

On 2/19/2020 at 9:57 PM, griffin said:

I watched most of tonight's blathering. Becky is in the hospital. I couldn't quite grasp what he was saying, but I think she "pulled something". He also said she had high cholesterol.

I'm wrong, she's out of the hospital and they are headed to Kansas City tomorrow. A 14 hour drive.

Man Bro Gary was so close and I didn’t even know. The fundies in my life get an F. 

• Upvote 2

I feel for the doctor who had to try to explain Becky's condition to Bro.  I'm pretty sure there were some new vocabulary words in there.  OTOH, given that high cholesterol is involved, there may have been some questions about diet...and the doc may have learned what weenie gravy is.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

I can’t figure out what he is saying here.  The weenese is too strong.  Also that is a terrible angle.  

836C296A-6EDA-4729-A311-0DF01A6B7D39.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 8

3 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

I can’t figure out what he is saying here.  The weenese is too strong.  Also that is a terrible angle.  

YIKES!   Warn a girl before that giant face pops up, will ya?  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, keepercjr said:

"I (and Becky) went out and voted.  I asked the Lord, and he told me to do the right thing and vote for America (which is apparently voting for Trump).

What can we say?  He's an idiot, and I don't know what's going on with her.

• Upvote 11

How and where do you vote if you don't have an address?  You have to LIVE in a district, not just have a PO box there.  Or did they file for annexation of the van that they travel in?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

How and where do you vote if you don't have an address?  You have to LIVE in a district, not just have a PO box there.  Or did they file for annexation of the van that they travel in?

They probably "live" at his parents' house.  That is where they stay when thy are "home".

17 minutes ago, Flossie said:

"I (and Becky) went out and voted.  I asked the Lord, and he told me to do the right thing and vote for America (which is apparently voting for Trump).

Thanks.  That 2nd sentence is just a word jumble! 

Do we think Gary and Becky understand that when Trump gets rid of the ACA, they will no longer have health coverage and those ER visits will end up costing a pretty penny.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, keepercjr said:

They probably "live" at his parents' house.  That is where they stay when thy are "home".

Thanks.  That 2nd sentence is just a word jumble! 

Do we think Gary and Becky understand that when Trump gets rid of the ACA, they will no longer have health coverage and those ER visits will end up costing a pretty penny.

Nope! I have seen people rail against Obamacare and praise the ACA. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, keepercjr said:

My guess is that they’ll be like that Duck Dynasty guy and say “We have eternal health care through JESUS.”

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

On 3/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, Flossie said:

Did he write in Trump's name?  I'm confused.  On my ballot only Dem candidates were listed.

• Upvote 5

On 3/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, wallysmommy said:

Homeless people can vote too. This bullshit about "you need a permanent home and not just a PO Box" disenfranchises already vulnerable people. It's an issue in my state because many native people don't have an address, despite having a home in a village. 

20 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Did he write in Trump's name?  I'm confused.  On my ballot only Dem candidates were listed.

Republicans in some states held a primary. I think Joe Walsh and Bill Weld filed to run against Trump. Doesn't matter, enough states cancelled the Republican primary. "Democracy"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Caroline said:

Bro might have written in Oscar Meyer for all we know.  

• Haha 15

I’m assuming they got an extremely reduced rate at the Y. (I think my mom goes free with Silver Sneakers, but I don’t think Bro is old enough for that.) I can’t afford the Y, but I like Planet Fitness so it works for me. 
im going to look at the bright side and be glad they have a place to shower while they are grifting  their way across the country. 

When I voted, as unaffiliated, I was offered the option of Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian ballots. NC did have a Republican primary. And yet again I wish the age limit for voting was mental age. I know elementary school kids more aware and sensible than Gary, when it comes to politics. 

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And yet again I wish the age limit for voting was mental age. I know elementary school kids more aware and sensible than Gary, when it comes to politics. 

Sadly this seems to be the case with a lot of Trump supporters. They don't want to think, they just blindly follow what Trump says. I still don't know how so many people think he's this amazing person and doing a great job running our country. Even my husband gets upset when I share things with him about Trump because he doesn't want to believe them.

At least around here, I guess a lot of people support him for the whole immigration issue–keep the brown people out! That seems to be the big reason so many voted for him in 2016.

I've been watching the news every night and I'm very, very scared he's going to get reelected. And then I really will have to move to Canada because I can't take four more years of this.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 2/17/2020 at 7:38 PM, Xan said:

Bro. Gary is a bit simple and he's misguided and lazy but he's not mean.  Anderson, on the other hand, is mean and rotten to the core.  I'm on Team Hawkins on this one.  

Wait.... I'm defending Bro. Gary.... I might need wine - lots of wine...Hay-mayun!

I know I'm replying really late to this, but Bro Gary is EXTREMELY mean. He is actually a monster. It's easy to think that exceptionally dimwitted people are at least moderately kindhearted, but that isn't always the case, and it mostly certainly isn't here. He takes glee in the idea of beating children, he is a SEX OFFENDER, he is incredibly hateful to LGBTQ+ people, he's incredibly racist, and just an all-around horrible, mean-spirited person. Stupid people can be mean too. Just look at the president (ALSO A SEX OFFENDER).

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

On 3/3/2020 at 8:27 PM, grandmadugger said:

Nope! I have seen people rail against Obamacare and praise the ACA. 

I have seen inteviews with Kentuckians who praised Mitch McConnell to the skies for getting them health insurance for the first time in their adult lives. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

@Coy Koi you’re right, they’re all mean deep down.  Someone could write a book about fundies being the new Zombies.  They’ve eaten their own brains and want the rest of the world to eat theirs too, or they’ll beat you to death with a KJV Bible. ?.  I’ve gotta call Spielberg..........

• Upvote 9

OK folks, I can only imagine what's on these cards. If Bro D-Rod had printed them they probably would have been free.

BroGary.png

• Thank You 5

Quick - guess what Bro Gary thinks about the coronavirus!

Spoiler

Bet you were right!

Hey, Gar - that item is from two weeks ago.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

A joke?!?  We will see if he changes his tune if he or a family member gets it from church.

image.png.6417879a5cc351cac6a22c1c9bc22fc8.png

• WTF 10
  • Thank You 4

You just know Gary's one of those people who doesn't need to wash his hands either.

Becky and Gary are likely in the risk group (didn't she have some health trouble that took her into the ER just recently?)

Dude, you stream your services, people don't need to come personally. Nowadays they can even donate online.

• Upvote 8

Damn it, Gary, if you love Becky and value the life you claim God gave you, don't be an asshole (I know, I know - I'm telling Gary Hawkins not to be an asshole - talk about pissing in the wind and tilting at the windmills at the same time!).

After Becky's health scare, it sounded like they might ease back on their habits of encouraging one another to eat meals that are 10% protein and 90% fat and starch, then sitting in a chair until the next huge, nearly-nutrient-free meal (well, Becky gets a bit more moving around, since she's expected to cook it first). But now they want to take their high-risk selves to a gathering, hug, spray and be sprayed on (loud preaching leads to lots of spittle!), and handle the grifted money they so crave.

As @AmazonGrace said, they can do it all electronically. Their audiences are so small that it won't be much different if Becky is the only one saying "Amen" - she often is the only one! Gary, if you need the ambience, set up a tent made of sheets and blankets, like little kids do. You spend your whole life playing at being a preacher anyway, why not just admit it?

The people we discuss on FJ - Gary, Jill, Lori, etc. - are as close to being skins full of shit as any human beings I've ever heard of, but I don't wish any of them a horrible death (even Steven Alexander and Donald Trump, although that takes some doing).

Stay home, Hawkinses.

• Upvote 14

I bet a reason he is ignoring this is that they have no source of income except for the "love offerings".  They may get some meager child support for the 1 child left with them but if they cancel church, they have no $.  Of course the main reason is that he is a huge consumer of Fox News and I am sure he, along with millions of others, got the impression this was no big deal.  A very prominent local conservative radio host was on the air Friday espousing conspiracy theories that this virus, and others, are created in labs in Wuhan.  I didn't leave it on long enough to hear if he thought this was overblown. 

As it is I am having a hard time seeing people I know and love basically ignoring the need for social distancing.  Hosting big parties (one of which was last night that we were invited to but decided not to attend), going bowling, eating out, etc.  I am having a hard time deciding if I am going to stop going to dance class.  We can keep a safe distance from each other and I can easily not touch anything.  So hard.   

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dude, you stream your services, people don't need to come personally. Nowadays they can even donate online.

But streamed services don't have a (literally) captive audience.

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic