IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

Sooo I couldn't help myself and left a comment:

Spoiler

I have a hard time believing you're invested in any sort of diversity after looking at your Twitter. I think social media might be colouring your viewpoint on #'s 3-5, 8-10, and I think marrying young (#12) is a horrible idea. Marry whenever you feel ready, but it's not necessarily better to get married at 22. As for #13... 'God' is on our $, and in our pledge. 86/100 current Senators and 417/435 House representatives identity as some flavour of Christian. The President just announced a National Day of Prayer, and the National Prayer Breakfast has been a thing since the 1950s. And if people are upset if you tell them you're Christian... just ignore them. Those who are offended by Christianity aren't the majority. :) In fact, most people I meet identity as Christian!

I also see someone is recommending she check out Steven Anderson. Yes, that Steven Anderson.

• Rufus Bless 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

She reminds me of me in my 2005 Simple Plan/Greenday fase. "NoBodY UnDerStAnDs Me AnD I Am SoOoO UnIQUe.."

Don’t worry, I think we all went through that phase. When we were in jr high or high school! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mushroom said:

Apparently only 2-3% of the US is vegan. She's soooOOOooo counter-cultural by rejecting it! ?

And I bet that percentage is even lower in her part of Michigan. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't know what part of MI she's in, but hahahahahaha... yeah, people still do a lot of deer hunting and so on where I'm from (which is also Michigan). That's why I think she's getting many of her 'counter culture' points from Youtube, not from the actual world.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was just going to say the same thing. Rural America, and Michigan is no exception, I would say do a lot of "traditional" eating - aka meat and dairy. I live in rural America and many of us hunt and fish and we eat what we kill, so Caitlin is an idiot, again. Oh and she lives really close to lake Michigan which has a lot salmon, trout, bass and perch fishing. (Oh I could use some good lake perch right now) Fishing is very traditional in her area of Michigan...well all over Michigan - lots of inland lakes and rivers.

3 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I don't know what part of MI she's in, but hahahahahaha... yeah, people still do a lot of deer hunting and so on where I'm from (which is also Michigan). That's why I think she's getting many of her 'counter culture' points from Youtube, not from the actual world.

She is in Whitehall and went to Calvin. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was just going to say the same thing. Rural America, and Michigan is no exception, I would say do a lot of "traditional" eating - aka meat and dairy. I live in rural America and many of us hunt and fish and we eat what we kill, so Caitlin is an idiot, again. Oh and she lives really close to lake Michigan which has a lot salmon, trout, bass and perch fishing. (Oh I could use some good lake perch right now) Fishing is very traditional in her area of Michigan...well all over Michigan - lots of inland lakes and rivers.

She is in Whitehall and went to Calvin. 

*googles* Ah okay, roughly 2 hours north of where I'm from.

In my 'village', there was a running joke that if you ate the fish in Lake Michigan, you would glow. The first day of deer hunting season though, half the school would be empty!

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Unless she lives in Ann Arbor, it’s likely a meat eating part of Michigan. I know she doesn’t live in Ann Arbor so yeah, she’s surrounded by meat eaters.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unless she lives in Ann Arbor, it’s likely a meat eating part of Michigan. I know she doesn’t live in Ann Arbor so yeah, she’s surrounded by meat eaters.

Again, this is just proof that she is only "countercultural" to what she sees on YouTube, not in real life. I live in a state/city where veganism is somewhat common (I was even vegan for a few years until my health started going downhill), and I would still not call eating traditionally countercultural. 

• Upvote 7

She's about as "counter cultural" as I am, as many of my friends. Well, maybe we might be more "counter-cultural" since we're all liberal Christians who have no need to talk about what "good Christians" we are. 

• Upvote 5

I thought I was so counter cultural when I was 15 because I was the gray sheep of my family. But really I was so similar to every other 15 year old in the 90s! My brother wore all black with chains and dog collars every day to school. And even he wasn’t all that counter culture. He wore his JNCO’s and Metal band t-shirts just like so many other kids at that time. JNCO’s were such a waste of fabric. You could make two pairs of pants out of one pair of JNCO’s.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

She reminds me of me in my 2005 Simple Plan/Greenday fase. "NoBodY UnDerStAnDs Me AnD I Am SoOoO UnIQUe.."

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t worry, I think we all went through that phase. When we were in jr high or high school! 

Now you just triggered the memory of this song , I had practically forgotten . So thank you for that .  

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or if she were to live in the Detroit Dearborn area she might encounter vegetarians , as that's a hot bed for the Hare Krishna .  https://people.com/archive/an-unlikely-team-named-reuther-and-ford-present-motown-with-a-3-million-hare-krishna-temple-vol-19-no-24/ 

• Upvote 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0EPi2DxPeg

In this stream about coronavirus Robyn Riley (a right-wing YouTuber) mentions Mrs. Midwest at 1:15:40 and 1:20:55. She says she probably won't do a video with her because she promotes diversity and isn't loud and proud about her conservative views. She also mentions she doesn't respect right-wingers who pretend to be apolitical to appeal to more viewers and gain clout. Edit: She also calls her a grifter.

I wonder if this kind of negative feedback from right-wing YouTube will pressure Caitlyn to come out as right-wing on her channel and be more political rather than simply whisper right-wing dogwhistles. I could see Caitlyn valuing ad revenue and clout more than respect from her right-wing peers, though.

Edited by cartouche
  • Upvote 3

She thinks she's counter-cultural because she doesn't have any close friends, so she thinks what she sees on Youtube is the reality of American culture ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 3/14/2020 at 11:14 AM, Mushroom said:

Apparently only 2-3% of the US is vegan. She's soooOOOooo counter-cultural by rejecting it! ?

And she emphasizes eating traditionally...but that can mean a plant based diet.  Or a really bad diet. My poor English grandparents survived off of mostly grains and alcohol, as did many generations before them. I am pretty sure that is not healthy way of eating. I am vegan here in the Midwest and there are hardly any of us. 

It's definitely the "not like other girls meme". Many of the things that she does are very mainstream culture, it's just another side of the internet. She reminds me of most girls at my college...I live in MN.  

• Upvote 4

Looking at those 13 Counter-Culture points, it strikes me that she's trying to justify to herself and is getting defensive about. 

While, I agree with the whole "Not like other girls". I wonder how much income the Mrs. household is really making since events, travel, or shopping is typical Social Media Influencer activities. If she can't do things like travel or go to trendy things because of money or something else, she has to justify it to everyone (and herself) that this is a choice that she made. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

She's got a new vlog out, and because I'm stuck working from home and bored out of my ass, I've decided to watch it and list my thoughts below:

-The video thumbnail- I'm not sure what's modest about bending over and posing with your mouth half open, but we're doing it anyways. Here's half the thumbnail (sorry for the quality, a bigger one wouldn't upload): 

image.png.36a170d7b823892b6f1a99d04ca0d3c3.png

-We see Husbear and he looks unimpressed as per usual, makes a snide comment about how he's also got to do his "Hair and Makeup" for an upcoming "reaction" video and then dips out. They have breakfast, she sets his down and he flinches away from her, like "Please don't bother me". I watched it twice, it was definitely a flinch. We don't see him again until much later in the video, when they go to dinner. 

-She talks a bit about being scared to have children, and that she has a re-occuring nightmare of them becoming harmed in her care. YIKES. But I feel her on this, babies scare me even though I want one. They're tiny and look so fragile. 

-She suggests if you need motivation to do chores, listening to music helps. Groundbreaking stuff here folks. 

-I skip her making cookies. I honestly can't listen to her ramble the fuck on. 

-She then starts to get ready for dinner at a "casual authentic mexican place" and then proceeds to do her hair and makeup, which she says takes upwards of 20 minutes. I don't know if y'all have ever been to a casual mexican food establishment, but I don't think 20 minutes of makeup is required. Also she considers this A TOUCH UP of makeup. She also changes from Utilitarian house work outfit, to Utilitarian Mexican Dining outfit (aka just another shirt and another pair of cargo pants, albeit the new outfit is quite formfitting on top). She looks BUMMED. 

-She insists she's changed clothes because "white pants are too daytime" but then also is like "BUT I WANNA KEEP IT CASUAL"

-Then they are at dinner. Grant again looks annoyed and rolls his eyes subtly at one point when she asks him to get in the frame. Also she only orders 1 taco because "SHE GETS SO FULL". He orders like 4. 

I think they go their separate ways because she's in the drivers seat of her car and then goes to walmart, then comes home and we don't see him at all during that time. I stopped watching there because honestly 26 minutes was enough for me. 

_____

As someone who also is married to a man on a different schedule (he works seconds so I rarely see him except when I leave for work and right before I go to bed, when he get's off work), I feel bad for her. In every piece of media she's uploaded, he's either not paying attention to her, not there, or seems non-impressed. If my husband and I have a day together, we SPEND THAT DAY TOGETHER. We run errands together, we clean together, etc etc. We don't have a ton of time, so we capitalize on it. 

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

On 3/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, MrsSparta said:

Imagine having such a twisted way of thinking that you honestly believe living 'traditionally' in the US is counterculture... A young, pretty, stay at home wife living as a Christian in the Midwest thinks she's basically being persecuted for her way of life. Honestly, it's so embarrassing to watch her paint herself as some kind of martyr for her 'cause'. 

She definitely needs to get out more....especially where she's living.  There's probably tons of people around her living "traditionally", perhaps not necessarily by choice, but it might disabuse her of the notion that it's counterculture.

And husband / husbear seems to be completely over it.  

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, kaluce said:

As someone who also is married to a man on a different schedule (he works seconds so I rarely see him except when I leave for work and right before I go to bed, when he get's off work), I feel bad for her. In every piece of media she's uploaded, he's either not paying attention to her, not there, or seems non-impressed. If my husband and I have a day together, we SPEND THAT DAY TOGETHER. We run errands together, we clean together, etc etc. We don't have a ton of time, so we capitalize on it. 

Ah, but you're probably not shoving a camera in his face to upload him to Youtube on that day you spend together.

In short, she wants to go back to the days when women wore one dress for 'housework/daytime' and then changed into something nicer for when the husband got home and they had dinner. Unfortunately, the world has changed since 1960 and it doesn't seem as though her husband is really into that.
Also... didn't women typically have the first kid fairly soon into the marriage back then?

• Upvote 4

when hubs and I had a day together, we were up in each other's faces all the time. The hugging, kissing, sarcasm, snuggling, housework, generic bitching and whining...that was our day...and we would laugh our asses off too...if we went out, depending on my wardrobe du jour, I might change, then again, I might not...hell, for us, a romantic evening out was grocery shopping! 

What I wouldn't give to see him ride the buggy down the parking lot one more time...

• Upvote 1
  • Love 13

?Obviously I’m only seeing a tiny snippet of them together but he seems so disengaged from her. Here she is acting desperate for his attention and he looks like he doesn’t care. I don’t think they have a happy marriage. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 3/18/2020 at 2:43 PM, kaluce said:

-The video thumbnail- I'm not sure what's modest about bending over and posing with your mouth half open, but we're doing it anyways. Here's half the thumbnail (sorry for the quality, a bigger one wouldn't upload): 

image.png.36a170d7b823892b6f1a99d04ca0d3c3.png

-We see Husbear and he looks unimpressed as per usual, makes a snide comment about how he's also got to do his "Hair and Makeup" for an upcoming "reaction" video and then dips out. They have breakfast, she sets his down and he flinches away from her, like "Please don't bother me". I watched it twice, it was definitely a flinch. We don't see him again until much later in the video, when they go to dinner. 

-She talks a bit about being scared to have children, and that she has a re-occuring nightmare of them becoming harmed in her care. YIKES. But I feel her on this, babies scare me even though I want one. They're tiny and look so fragile. 

-She suggests if you need motivation to do chores, listening to music helps. Groundbreaking stuff here folks. 

-I skip her making cookies. I honestly can't listen to her ramble the fuck on. 

-She then starts to get ready for dinner at a "casual authentic mexican place" and then proceeds to do her hair and makeup, which she says takes upwards of 20 minutes. I don't know if y'all have ever been to a casual mexican food establishment, but I don't think 20 minutes of makeup is required. Also she considers this A TOUCH UP of makeup. She also changes from Utilitarian house work outfit, to Utilitarian Mexican Dining outfit (aka just another shirt and another pair of cargo pants, albeit the new outfit is quite formfitting on top). She looks BUMMED. 

The bottom picture certainly is traditional. Traditional look of a damsel in distress, batting her eyelashes waiting for a man to come save her. Actually all of her looks are are a bit "come hither". 

When did this date happen that she videos? Michigan said no eating in restaurants this past Monday (3/17). 

• Upvote 2

So, a while back, I vaguely remember us discussing the idea that her husband got her into the red-pill beliefs and that's what estranged her from her own family, especially her mother. Now we're discussing how he looks so over her, annoyed, distanced, etc. That's not the behavior I would expect from someone who fed a very young, insecure woman red-pill ideology. I have so many questions about their relationship and past. Neither seems authentic or truthful.

I just don't understand it. Their relationship is so filled with red-flags and red-pills. But if Caitlin is wearing rose-colored glasses, those things just look like flags and pills.

To anyone who has tracked Mrs. Midwest better than I have, could you elaborate on what we do know or share your speculations?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

So, a while back, I vaguely remember us discussing the idea that her husband got her into the red-pill beliefs and that's what estranged her from her own family, especially her mother. Now we're discussing how he looks so over her, annoyed, distanced, etc. That's not the behavior I would expect from someone who fed a very young, insecure woman red-pill ideology. I have so many questions about their relationship and past. Neither seems authentic or truthful.

I just don't understand it. Their relationship is so filled with red-flags and red-pills. But if Caitlin is wearing rose-colored glasses, those things just look like flags and pills.

To anyone who has tracked Mrs. Midwest better than I have, could you elaborate on what we do know or share your speculations?

I personally think he got her into this ideology. He follows a few, from what I remember, ultra conservative accounts on what little social media he has. I’m away from my computer but I’ll try to post what I can find tomorrow. 

To me, she sounds like she’s very into pleasing a guy by becoming the image of perfection as many women in the redpill sphere are. She seems very proud he’s called her a “unicorn” in the past.  I have no doubt he’s also redpill (since unicorn is their term for the perfect, beautiful, submissive woman) and has a poor opinion of women in general. These redpill guys always want a bimbo but at the same time rage online about women being bimbos/unintelligent. He, to me, is the personification of so many men on redpill forums. 

im most likely extrapolating heavily, but from everything we’ve seen he’s not just shy, he’s annoyed with her to the point of being rude. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm new to the Mrs. Midwest parts of the Internet - 

1.) What does "redpill' mean? What does a redpill woman mean? 

2.) Has Mrs. Midwest always been like this? Did she become this extreme when she got married or has she always been this way? I've seen people on reddit talk about the college she went to and these people have gone to or are going to the same college she went to and they said that most students aren't as extreme as Mrs. Midwest and that she's a rarity compared to everyone else who have gone there so I am really curious as to how she arrived here. 

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic