IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

I also cannot believe she seriously upoaded that last vlog. As if the worst thing that could happen to someone right now is a bad haircut. Seriously, grow the * up and have some perspective.

Also, that fake laugh/giggle. I just can't.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I cut my hair twice a year so I’m fine during this pandemic. I also can cut the hair of my three other family members. I’ve always cut the hair of my youngest so he’s used to it. I used to cut my husband’s hair. My oldest son is the one I will likely let go shaggy. Cutting his hair is torture because he whines and screams and fusses the whole tome. But he’s quiet for the professional. So I make him go to a professional instead of listening to the fussing for 15 minutes while I cut it.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I’m 1000% planning on cutting my own bangs soon. We just got word that we’ll be working from home for another month so no one is going to see me anyways. 

if people want to relax and play with their hair then they should be able to do that. She’s not even spouting original ideas anymore. And her hair isn’t anything special idk why people are coming to her for advice. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I’m 1000% planning on cutting my own bangs soon. We just got word that we’ll be working from home for another month so no one is going to see me anyways. 

if people want to relax and play with their hair then they should be able to do that. She’s not even spouting original ideas anymore. And her hair isn’t anything special idk why people are coming to her for advice. 

There are videos on YouTube with pointers on cutting your own bangs. Watch some of those first before you cut yours. I think they can turn out fine if you take your time. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, kaluce said:

I have a friend who's a professional hair stylist and her advice is to plan for longer DIY bangs (since they're easier to work with if they aren't what you wanted). And she's working with Hollywood productions. (No expensive constipated goldfish, I promise.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, Marmion said:

I think I have seen Mrs. Midwest with bangs before .  file.png  F9E9A244-6EE5-4360-B577-90F1CC49B179.jpeg

Those have gotta be lip implants, right? 
No way in hell is her target audience female. That pic is all “Male gaze! Look here! I’m your gal!”

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Hane said:

Those have gotta be lip implants, right? 
No way in hell is her target audience female. That pic is all “Male gaze! Look here! I’m your gal!”

I’m guessing lip injections. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Catilin:  "there's a modern belief of extended adolescence, people just aren't mature enough anymore"

also Catilin: "brb i'm gonna go convince my husband to buy me puppies lol, also, i don't know how to call the repair guy"

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

How is she gonna talk about extended adolescence when all she does all day is clean around the house, play solitaire, braids her hair and takes walks? I-

Sure, she blogs and makes videos but so do a lot of other teenage youtubers and bloggers lol.

Edited by PrettyRobin
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10

6 minutes ago, PrettyRobin said:

Catilin:  "there's a modern belief of extended adolescence, people just aren't mature enough anymore"

also Catilin: "brb i'm gonna go convince my husband to buy me puppies lol, also, i don't know how to call the repair guy"

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

How is she gonna talk about extended adolescence when all she does all day is clean around the house, play solitaire, braids her hair and takes walks? I-

Sure, she blogs and makes videos but so do a lot of other teenage youtubers and bloggers lol.

I agree. She’s much less mature than I was at 24. When I was her age, I worked and went to grad school. I was able to call a repair guy or whatever even though I HATE it. I still hate making calls like that. But I do it because that’s what you do as an adult. You have to do things you hate or don’t want to do. This is why I don’t want her to have kids anytime soon. I think she will be miserable changing diapers, breastfeeding, being barfed on, and getting no sleep. She’s too immature to have a kid. 

• I Agree 6

@JermajestyDuggar, and I despair of her ever developing further maturity if she keeps living in her present situation.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I mean, she's literally started wearing butterfly hair clips. If that doesn't scream MaTuRiTy....

She's regressing and I think it's because she knows these redpill bois like women who infantilize themselves. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I mean, she's literally started wearing butterfly hair clips. If that doesn't scream MaTuRiTy....

She's regressing and I think it's because she knows these redpill bois like women who infantilize themselves. 

exactly!

It's so weird because she has a mature, like very sexy face lol. You know some women just have these very sexual facial features, I can't explain it lol. But I was scrolling through her instagram for her older pictures where she wasn't so child-like and it suited her more. The more she talks and acts like a child, the weirder it gets. Because in my opinion she is very hot and will make a great milf, so she needs to embrace getting older ??

• Upvote 1

Isn't she around 25? Perhaps as she ages out of the guaranteed 'young and attractive' zone (per Red Pillers), she's trying to make herself appear younger.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

It also bugs me how she encourages girls and women not to overshare their lives and relationships, when she literally has a whole-ass instagram story highlight dedicated to just her husband lmao and she posted a video straight from her bed w her husbear today lmao she instagrams EVERYTHING!

Sure, she could argue "but I'm a influencer and a blogger, I'm an exception!" Well, Caitlin, what if other women want to be influencers too? These red-pilled, right-wing women rarely practice what they preach. They just give an illusion.

Edited by PrettyRobin
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, PrettyRobin said:

It also bugs me how she encourages girls and women not to overshare their lives and relationships, when she literally has a whole-ass instagram story highlight dedicated to just her husband lmao and she posted a video straight from her bed w her husbear today lmao she instagrams EVERYTHING!

Sure, she could argue "but I'm a influencer and a blogger, I'm an exception!" Well, Caitlin, what if other women want to be influencers too? These red-pilled, right-wing women rarely practice what they preach. They just give an illusion.

She just doesn’t want any competition.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

She's posted her q&a and it begins with one of those preview snippets of saying "if you don't  like my content, why are you watching?? do you secretly want to learn how to become feminine?"

Oh hun. It's because you're leading women into a white supremacist and red-pill life. The content is highkey snarkable and bad. It's a train wreck- that's why I'm watching. I'm considered feminine based on her wishywashy advice- I don't need help in that area. 

But also I'm working from home and bored so here we go:

The rest of the video is legitimately just a circle jerk of her talking about herself and her haters. There's questions about her advice on specific topics but she glosses over those really quickly and spends a looooong time on the questions that are just about her (her ancestry, her religion, her detractors, etc). 

She makes fun of "loved ones" that judge people's life choices in a realllllly weird example. Imagine her putting on a gross, exaggerated crying voice:

"I'm having a great day but I'm so disappointed that my sister Sarah is going to gradschool and I wanted her to do _this_ and it's making me sad" and then laughs really fake and loudly about the whole thing. We know, Cait, that your family was disappointed in your choice of a husband. You're making it very obvious. This is about 20 minutes in.

She then states that women who have "internalized misogyny" are more likely to judge other women for deciding to stay home. Oh boy. So close to being self-aware, just going in the wrong direction.  

When she stated her blog, a large amount of people she knew previously unfollowed her. Again, painfully being close to being self aware. She laughs about this. She grew her blog from interacting with "other homemakers". However, as we all know, Yogi is not a homemaker.

According to her, sharing her message of "traditional living"* is worth the haters. 

She does a couple of other questions and then circles YET AGAIN to the haters. Like, this whole video is a clapback without being a clapback. 

"People shouldn't watch content they inherently disagree with". Feminine content is not something I disagree with- I live for cleaning videos and outfit hauls. BEING A WHITE SUPREMACIST/ESPOUSING THEIR IDEAS IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH. 

Oh boy this is an incredibly condescending video. How ~feminine of her. 

*nothing about her life style is traditional. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

My mom and a friend are SAHW's (well, my friend has 2 babies so she's a SAHM), my aunt was one until her husband made bad financial decisions... it's not something I disagree with. I wouldn't do it myself because I would be way too nervous to leave my financial well-being in the hands of someone else, but I'm not going to shame women for it. I am, however, going to judge people who preach it's the One True Way to be a woman.

And all her disclaimers about how she's not saying all women should do this contradicts her Twitter. I believe she's liked some Transformed Wife Tweets, and since she apparently doesn't think we should watch things we don't agree with, I can only assume she agrees with Lori!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Also how are you supposed to ever grow as a person, learn about others, and potentially change your opinions if you don't ever watch/consume anything you personally disagree with? How boring of a bubble can you be in?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Dear Lord. I am Dutch, I cannot STAND her refering to her 'Dutch inheritance'.

Girl please. We were the first country to legalise gay marriage. We do have a Biblebelt but we are very tolerant and open minded for the most part.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

It almost feels like we're reverting back to simple living and traditionalism due to the virus; our booming society built up around brunching on Sundays, hooking up in our 20's, and working in social media marketing seems to have broken down in a matter of weeks.

Oh my gooddddddddd. 

This, coming from the girl who: Brunches regularly, while espousing frugality. Who got married early in her 20s, lets be real, to get laid. And who LITERALLY WORKS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. 

I can't handle people using this pandemic to push their toxic shit- from tradwives to MLM pushers. it's really bringing out the worst for people. 

I'm too invested at this point I gotta step away lol 

(This was a small snippet from her latest blog.)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I took a tour of her Twitter, and I think what gets me is this:

Yes, in her videos she stresses that she's not all women have to be x y and z, but on her Twitter, at least, she seems to be encouraging an Us vs. Them mentality.
She shared an article from Vice.com about how a 'radical feminist thinker' wants to 'abolish the family', with this comment:

Articles like these are disturbing, but we need to realize that the family unit is ALREADY at risk of being abolished. With cultural acceptance of no-fault divorce and many children born out of wedlock, our families have been breaking down for decades.

There's plenty of women of all sorts who still want to get married and 'have a family'. No one is going to abolish the family. Why is she giving 'radical thinkers' exposure? Because it helps her push the message that 'traditional femininity' is dying out and girls are being forced into 'masculine' roles and looking down on men. This encourages comments about how 'leftists' are crazy, women have it better than men, men are being taken advantage of, and of course they can tell Mrs. Midwest has it better than the feminists and is happier because she's better looking. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I took a tour of her Twitter, and I think what gets me is this:

Yes, in her videos she stresses that she's not all women have to be x y and z, but on her Twitter, at least, she seems to be encouraging an Us vs. Them mentality.
She shared an article from Vice.com about how a 'radical feminist thinker' wants to 'abolish the family', with this comment:

There's plenty of women of all sorts who still want to get married and 'have a family'. No one is going to abolish the family. Why is she giving 'radical thinkers' exposure? Because it helps her push the message that 'traditional femininity' is dying out and girls are being forced into 'masculine' roles and looking down on men. This encourages comments about how 'leftists' are crazy, women have it better than men, men are being taken advantage of, and of course they can tell Mrs. Midwest has it better than the feminists and is happier because she's better looking. ?

I’ve said this before but I would blow this girl’s mind. I was married for 3 years before I had a kid and I’ve been a SAHM since my oldest was born. Yet I’m a dirty liberal feminist through and through.

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve said this before but I would blow this girl’s mind. I was married for 3 years before I had a kid and I’ve been a SAHM since my oldest was born. Yet I’m a dirty liberal feminist through and through.

She would probably smile and say she's glad you're following your path, or something along those lines.

She might say all women don't have to follow the ~*feminine path*~ but she's still pushing the narrative that feminism is ruining men and women, and purposely misrepresenting it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

She would probably smile and say she's glad you're following your path, or something along those lines.

She might say all women don't have to follow the ~*feminine path*~ but she's still pushing the narrative that feminism is ruining men and women, and purposely misrepresenting it.

It’s funny because I know lots of married feminists with kids. She’s insane if she thinks only feminists get divorced or have babies outside of marriage. From what I’ve seen, way more Christians get divorced. But I know way more Christians than atheists.

• I Agree 9

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic