IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

OMG THERE'S A BLOG?! MY SUNDAY IS SAVED!

Ahem. Where to begin?? Well, I guess with the most recent one:

Human Fragility & Fabricated Realities [posted an hour ago]
The title alone makes me think she's a Red Piller who watches too much OAN.
Hint: Not being a Christian doesn't mean I'm 'fabricating reality'.
Disclaimer: Some Christians might not want to read this, I'm not very nice toward the end. I know not all Christians behave nor believe like Caitlin, the Duggars, etc., but they are certainly the most vocal.

Spoiler

I was reminded recently, by my own Instagram bio in fact, that I am to be writing blogs every single Sunday and Wednesday. I am sure you are aware that I have NOT been keeping to that ambitious schedule, and I am quite ashamed of my own failings. However, instead of removing that statement of intent from my IG bio, I have decided to pony up and be a woman of my word, so alas, here we are: back in the written word and enjoying one another's company through our digital screens. 
Wonderful. Being a woman of your word is important, and I look forward to having something new to read twice a week, as lockdown is going to last until at least May 4th!

I truly want to thank you for being here my friend, as there are MANY far superior blogs and works of literature that you could be indulging in at this moment. Your vote of confidence and interest in my thought-palace does not go unnoticed nor unappreciated; in fact, it is by your ongoing support that I have been drawn back to the sweet routine of settling in with my laptop while the Sunday sunshine peeks through my windows, and for that, I thank you. 
That's some flowery prose we've got going on here... I'm asssuming the Insta is for the men, the blog is for the women, and the YT is for both.

Now, for today's post, we are returning to our heart and soul themed Sunday Series with a thought exercise regarding the fragility of humanity. [snip]
As I have adjusted to the new world "normal," I feel that I am returning to my typical posture of reflection. My thoughts seem to have transferred from frazzled anxiety over when I will possibly be able to get my hands on a container of my favorite Greek yogurt to a deeper contemplation on the philosophical nature of this pandemic. And what I keep returning to is the shocking reality of our fragile society.

I'm using my skeptical eyes here. I first realised death happens to everyone and everything at the age of 10... and btw, you can wonder when your favourite items will be available and also be aware that our existence is finite. I know I'll die one day. It still shocks me. I'm also wondering when I'll be able to order furniture because this ottoman is rather uncomfortable for daily use.

In a span of a few short weeks, public sectors we once took for granted have been revealed to be glaringly delicate and susceptible to destruction. We are seeing the affects of this pandemic spread out across our country AND the world to such a shocking degree that one can only sit back in astonishment. Within a matter of DAYS, rather than weeks, public education has been made obsolete, careers have been labeled "essential" or "non-essential," and civil unrest seems inevitable. It's laughable that only a few months back, our greatest national crises revolved around pronouns and digging up celebrity Twitter histories. 
Do you mean our shitty safety net? I don't think any of us were all that surprised that when millions of Americans needed help... they had to rush a bill through Congress to provide it, because we just don't have it.
Do you know what obsolete means, Caitlin? I hate to break it to you, but children will be back at school at some point. Perhaps they won't finish out this school year at their physical desk, but though this is our new normal for now, it won't be forever.
'Essential' and 'non-essential' are for a purpose - to limit the amount of people that have to be out and about. Don't worry: a lot of those people deemed non-essential are working from home! Non-essential doesn't mean the job is worthless; it can also mean it doesn't have to be done at the job location.
As for our greatest national crises revolves around pronouns...? No, Caitlin, our national crisis is actually the President, and has been for a few years now. She's trying to make trans people wanting to be called by their preferred pronoun sound trivial and as if it's being blown out of proportion, and that just pisses me off. Especially as her schtick is trying to be loving and accepting of everyone.

I would rather accept a sad truth than live in a state of feigned ignorance to the reality behind the happy performance. Maybe it is the unidealistic pragmatic within me, but I would always rather know the truth than be fed a comforting lie. For, it is only in truth that we can find lasting comfort. An acceptance and understanding of the state of reality enables us to plan, prepare, and seek REAL comfort applicable to our circumstances. 
I agree that hard truth is better than 'blissful ignorance', but I don't believe her when she says this. Possibly because I suspect she's a Trump supporter, and we all know he lies nearly every time he breathes, and also because the REAL comfort she speaks of is probably religion.

This belief is why I encourage ALL people to reflect upon their mortality and the reality that we live in a broken world. Meditating on our mortality allows us to comprehend the inevitable future that awaits all humans, and therefore PREPARE for such dark occurrences in our lives. It does us no good to believe that we are immune to pain, darkness, death, or loss! While we will never be able to predict the misfortunes that may visit us in life, it is a far superior posture to be prepared for such occurrences rather than to find ourselves astonished at our own fragility. 
What is it with Christians wanting everyone to dwell on their inevitable death? How do you prepare for such a thing? I have a theory that as you get older, you get more tired, and thus the idea of a forever sleep doesn't seem as upsetting as it does to young people... I remember when my Grandma was in the hospital for the last time, she looked directly at me and said, "Well, I've lived a long life". Now, Grandma was a Christian, but I'm pretty sure anyone could get into a state of acceptance... though I will say that, as someone who's not a Christian, the belief in eternal life is a lie people like Caitlin tell themselves because they actually can't face the reality of death.
I can't help but feel that those who are steadfast in their faith are the ones who don't feel the need to proselytize about it.

The true comforts in this world will never be the fabrications falling from the lips of politicians, celebrities, motivational speakers, or even bloggers like me! No amount of manifestations, laws of attraction, or meditative yoga retreats will ever allow us to escape the reality that humans are broken, our bodies are susceptible to failure, and our world is inevitably headed towards expiration. 
Well, that turned dark! And yet still flower-y. This is what drives me crazy about her type of Christian; they believe the world is broken and headed to 'expiration', but they also oppose efforts to make the world a better place.

This true peace can be found in Christ and in the promise of eternal life, an open gift, available to EVERY PERSON. A gift given in exchange for our our repentance of sins, acceptance of God's grace, and commitment to living a life in obedience to the Word of God to the best of our ability, offering ourselves over to the Sanctification of the Holy Spirit, washing us clean from the disturbing sins in our lives and of this world. 
This gift, though it does not offer us a pain-free life, is absolutely the key to eternal life spent in the utmost joy and comfort, as it will be spent with the Almighty God himself. 

Her YT makes her seem so normal and mainstream, but on her blog she preaches and on her Twitter she's redpill.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

OMG THERE'S A BLOG?! MY SUNDAY IS SAVED!

Ahem. Where to begin?? Well, I guess with the most recent one:

Human Fragility & Fabricated Realities [posted an hour ago]
The title alone makes me think she's a Red Piller who watches too much OAN.
Hint: Not being a Christian doesn't mean I'm 'fabricating reality'.
Disclaimer: Some Christians might not want to read this, I'm not very nice toward the end. I know not all Christians behave nor believe like Caitlin, the Duggars, etc., but they are certainly the most vocal.

Hide contents

I was reminded recently, by my own Instagram bio in fact, that I am to be writing blogs every single Sunday and Wednesday. I am sure you are aware that I have NOT been keeping to that ambitious schedule, and I am quite ashamed of my own failings. However, instead of removing that statement of intent from my IG bio, I have decided to pony up and be a woman of my word, so alas, here we are: back in the written word and enjoying one another's company through our digital screens. 
Wonderful. Being a woman of your word is important, and I look forward to having something new to read twice a week, as lockdown is going to last until at least May 4th!

I truly want to thank you for being here my friend, as there are MANY far superior blogs and works of literature that you could be indulging in at this moment. Your vote of confidence and interest in my thought-palace does not go unnoticed nor unappreciated; in fact, it is by your ongoing support that I have been drawn back to the sweet routine of settling in with my laptop while the Sunday sunshine peeks through my windows, and for that, I thank you. 
That's some flowery prose we've got going on here... I'm asssuming the Insta is for the men, the blog is for the women, and the YT is for both.

Now, for today's post, we are returning to our heart and soul themed Sunday Series with a thought exercise regarding the fragility of humanity. [snip]
As I have adjusted to the new world "normal," I feel that I am returning to my typical posture of reflection. My thoughts seem to have transferred from frazzled anxiety over when I will possibly be able to get my hands on a container of my favorite Greek yogurt to a deeper contemplation on the philosophical nature of this pandemic. And what I keep returning to is the shocking reality of our fragile society.

I'm using my skeptical eyes here. I first realised death happens to everyone and everything at the age of 10... and btw, you can wonder when your favourite items will be available and also be aware that our existence is finite. I know I'll die one day. It still shocks me. I'm also wondering when I'll be able to order furniture because this ottoman is rather uncomfortable for daily use.

In a span of a few short weeks, public sectors we once took for granted have been revealed to be glaringly delicate and susceptible to destruction. We are seeing the affects of this pandemic spread out across our country AND the world to such a shocking degree that one can only sit back in astonishment. Within a matter of DAYS, rather than weeks, public education has been made obsolete, careers have been labeled "essential" or "non-essential," and civil unrest seems inevitable. It's laughable that only a few months back, our greatest national crises revolved around pronouns and digging up celebrity Twitter histories. 
Do you mean our shitty safety net? I don't think any of us were all that surprised that when millions of Americans needed help... they had to rush a bill through Congress to provide it, because we just don't have it.
Do you know what obsolete means, Caitlin? I hate to break it to you, but children will be back at school at some point. Perhaps they won't finish out this school year at their physical desk, but though this is our new normal for now, it won't be forever.
'Essential' and 'non-essential' are for a purpose - to limit the amount of people that have to be out and about. Don't worry: a lot of those people deemed non-essential are working from home! Non-essential doesn't mean the job is worthless; it can also mean it doesn't have to be done at the job location.
As for our greatest national crises revolves around pronouns...? No, Caitlin, our national crisis is actually the President, and has been for a few years now. She's trying to make trans people wanting to be called by their preferred pronoun sound trivial and as if it's being blown out of proportion, and that just pisses me off. Especially as her schtick is trying to be loving and accepting of everyone.

I would rather accept a sad truth than live in a state of feigned ignorance to the reality behind the happy performance. Maybe it is the unidealistic pragmatic within me, but I would always rather know the truth than be fed a comforting lie. For, it is only in truth that we can find lasting comfort. An acceptance and understanding of the state of reality enables us to plan, prepare, and seek REAL comfort applicable to our circumstances. 
I agree that hard truth is better than 'blissful ignorance', but I don't believe her when she says this. Possibly because I suspect she's a Trump supporter, and we all know he lies nearly every time he breathes, and also because the REAL comfort she speaks of is probably religion.

This belief is why I encourage ALL people to reflect upon their mortality and the reality that we live in a broken world. Meditating on our mortality allows us to comprehend the inevitable future that awaits all humans, and therefore PREPARE for such dark occurrences in our lives. It does us no good to believe that we are immune to pain, darkness, death, or loss! While we will never be able to predict the misfortunes that may visit us in life, it is a far superior posture to be prepared for such occurrences rather than to find ourselves astonished at our own fragility. 
What is it with Christians wanting everyone to dwell on their inevitable death? How do you prepare for such a thing? I have a theory that as you get older, you get more tired, and thus the idea of a forever sleep doesn't seem as upsetting as it does to young people... I remember when my Grandma was in the hospital for the last time, she looked directly at me and said, "Well, I've lived a long life". Now, Grandma was a Christian, but I'm pretty sure anyone could get into a state of acceptance... though I will say that, as someone who's not a Christian, the belief in eternal life is a lie people like Caitlin tell themselves because they actually can't face the reality of death.
I can't help but feel that those who are steadfast in their faith are the ones who don't feel the need to proselytize about it.

The true comforts in this world will never be the fabrications falling from the lips of politicians, celebrities, motivational speakers, or even bloggers like me! No amount of manifestations, laws of attraction, or meditative yoga retreats will ever allow us to escape the reality that humans are broken, our bodies are susceptible to failure, and our world is inevitably headed towards expiration. 
Well, that turned dark! And yet still flower-y. This is what drives me crazy about her type of Christian; they believe the world is broken and headed to 'expiration', but they also oppose efforts to make the world a better place.

This true peace can be found in Christ and in the promise of eternal life, an open gift, available to EVERY PERSON. A gift given in exchange for our our repentance of sins, acceptance of God's grace, and commitment to living a life in obedience to the Word of God to the best of our ability, offering ourselves over to the Sanctification of the Holy Spirit, washing us clean from the disturbing sins in our lives and of this world. 
This gift, though it does not offer us a pain-free life, is absolutely the key to eternal life spent in the utmost joy and comfort, as it will be spent with the Almighty God himself. 

Her YT makes her seem so normal and mainstream, but on her blog she preaches and on her Twitter she's redpill.

Hear hear!

I also have never understood the absolute belief these people have that human beings were created as “flawed” beings. Why worship a deity that created you broken and damaged? Why all the self loathing? I just don’t understand the fervent doom and gloom of these people. 

Edited by kaluce
words are hard, ya feel?
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Hear hear!

I also have never understood the absolute believe that human being were created as “flawed” beings. Why worship a deity that created you broken and damaged? Why all the self loathing. I just don’t understand the fervent doom and gloom of these people. 

I was going to say it gives them something to hold onto... but that's such a weird thing to hold onto!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Walking Cat Bed said:

happy pants feelings

I love this phrase so much!! 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Face. Once a week she uses a single-blade razor to remove all the dead skin on her face...? I... what? Um, anyway, it makes her skin feel plump and shiny. She uses a toner, moisturizer, and loves her jade roller. She recommends face massage by Olga.
Are using single blade razors on the face really a thing?!

Yes it really is a thing .  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-face-shaving_n_583482f4e4b09b6055fefa45  

• Thank You 4

31 minutes ago, Marmion said:

So... you are literally shaving your face. I don't understand how that makes it plump. She did mention removing dead skin and not peach fuzz though... I guess mentioning peach fuzz might turn off the men in the audience, who like to imagine women are hairless creatures of divine perfection.

Of course, the article about it doesn't mention dead skin. ?

Edited by AmericanRose
  • I Agree 1

I prefer other ways to exfoliate dead skin off my face. A razor seems like a bad idea to me.

• I Agree 5

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I prefer other ways to exfoliate dead skin off my face. A razor seems like a bad idea to me.

I checked it out with Dr Google because that was my thought, too. Apparently it’s a thing, and no different than people who shave other kinds of facial hair, but I’m with you. It still sounds like it would be a bad idea for me! I’m going to stick with the facial hair I didn’t know I had. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I checked it out with Dr Google because that was my thought, too. Apparently it’s a thing, and no different than people who shave other kinds of facial hair, but I’m with you. It still sounds like it would be a bad idea for me! I’m going to stick with the facial hair I didn’t know I had. 

The thing that would worry me is possibly cutting any pimples. Like pulling off scabs and making scarring even worse. Just exfoliate with something else with less potential to harm your skin.

• I Agree 3

It's definitely a thing. My aesthetician does it every couple of months with a very small scapel -- it's called dermaplaning.  Doesn't hurt at all. Makes my skin very smooth and does, so some reason, plump it up a bit.

I will mention I'm beyond face break outs age.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I do derma planing as well before "big events." It makes my face very smooth so that makeup goes on without getting stuck on peach fuzz or dead skin. It does make your face appear plumper, I'm not sure how or if it's a trick of the light since no hair is "obstructing" your face. 

It doesn't grow back darker or thicker unless you have a hormonal problem, which I think the recommendation is to NOT do it then. 

Anyways, not sure how shaving your face is feminine or not-feminine, I could see annoying me claiming both ways ie. shaving your face means your hairy like a man disgusting or wow look at all these silly beauty things women do since they are so dumb haha. 

At 37, you would think I would past the acne stage. But nope. I have more acne now than as a teen. Ugh.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I’m 53 and still get them around a certain time of the month(which is actually several months at this point...)

• Love 1

I think that Mrs. Midwest might be reading here again. You know how a page or two back (and more) I was talking about the redflags in her and husbland's relationship? Well, her new video is called "10 Relationship RED FLAGS || Romantic Warning Signs!" I'm not watching it. I would never take relationship advice from her. 

Also, we should probably start a new Mrs. Midwest thread. Name suggestions?

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I think that Mrs. Midwest might be reading here again. You know how a page or two back (and more) I was talking about the redflags in her and husbland's relationship? Well, her new video is called "10 Relationship RED FLAGS || Romantic Warning Signs!" I'm not watching it. I would never take relationship advice from her. 

Also, we should probably start a new Mrs. Midwest thread. Name suggestions?

She's deffo reading here! I took a bullet and watched it for the team. 

____

I just had to sit through yet another hour long zoom meeting which could have been an email (and in-fact, we got the summary email afterwards smh), so I'm going to waste my own time rn watching her latest: 10 Relationship Redflags. I wonder how many Husbland checks off on the list. Bold, italized is my thoughts:

She wants to make the point that this is not a "Red flags in men" video but a "Red flags in a relationships". We _never_ want to _ever_ insinuate that men could do anything wrong, right? The 10 things are mainly from her personal experiences. Which are few and far between, lets be honest. I gagged a bit when she gushed about girls looking up to her as a big sister. Maybe if you want to feel like a big sister BE A BIG SISTER TO YOUR OWN BROTHERS. But I digress...

Red Flag #1- When You Don't Respect Him. 

Examples are when you are with someone you don't look up to, or admire. When you don't trust his leadership. Etc etc

On the surface, I agree with this. However, knowing that Cait is an avid redpiller, this is actually a HUGE redpill talking point. From their subreddit's wiki: 

"We prioritise our men, and allow them to be themselves. We defer to their leadership and fully trust them to have the best interest of the relationship in mind."

She hits on each. one. of. these. points. in her first red flag. I have a sneaking suspicion that this video will be "Red Pill Wives 101"

Red Flag #2- When you feel like he doesn't respect you/you can't stand up to him/you can't be honest

She states that a lot of times, women want to be in a relation ship with a "bad boy" because it's exciting when a man is a bit gruff. But it's a red flag because he won't respect you or care about your opinions. 

Red Pill Wives wiki section: "RPWs are not doormats. We only defer to one man, our SO, and we can only do this because we trust and respect him completely. Everyone must earn our trust, kindness, and respect."

Again, I agree with this on principle. I do find it interesting that she says this after also expressing that she liked that Grant was rude to her, in comparison with her ex who was "too nice". 

Red Flag #3- When You Cant Be Yourself Around Him. 

She explicitly states that this is applicable when you feel like you always have to be buttoned up, wearing makeup, you can't be goofy, etc. 

Hardly groundbreaking stuff here. Also again, ironic coming from a woman who won't let her husband see her putting on makeup, and who advises women that wearing leggings when home alone is "lazy". 

Red Flag 4- You Feel Like He's Using You. 

Well fucking duh. 

Red Flag #5- When He Pushes You Past Your Physical Boundries. 

Another "respect" based issue, and she acknowedgles that a lot of these overlap. "Your body is valuable, and you are a precious GEM of a woman" Sneaky sneaky bible reference there, Cait. You shouldn't use your body as currency or as payment for something nice he's done for you. 

Again, absolutely GROUNDBREAKING info here. Again, I find it interesting that the mentions that her husband and her wanted to wait for physical intimacy with each other, when we know he wasn't a virgin and used to have a porn problem. She rags on "other christian men" for being all talk, but doesn't mention that her husband used to be that way. WE HAVE THE SCREENSHOTS CAIT. 

Red Flag #6- There's No Sexuality to your Relationship At All

Physical tension is good, and if it's not there it's bad.

GROUND.BREAKING. But lol- I love this as a dig to Bethany and Daaav if it is one. 

Red Flag #7- MOST IMPORTANT- When You Don't Share Morals, WorldViews, Goals, etc. 

"Remember, you could be putting up these red flags, it doesn't have to be him"  Weird to add that in right here when it comes to morality, but go off, sis. It's ok to change a little, but changing major value systems for a person is also not a good idea. 

She states that Toesbear and her don't really argue, and if they do it's over "laughable" things. Their last big arguement, and it was a SERIOUS argument (her words, not mine) was over where to put the train under the Christmas tree. 

EARTH SHATTERING ADVICE- be in a relationship with someone who has similar beliefs to you. Who would have thought??

She also gets a bit aggressive, especially with how she's staring down the camera in this one. I'm shook. 

Also, a SERIOUS ARGUMENT over Christmas decor? I feel like THAT WOULD BE A RED FUCKING FLAG. 

Red Flag #8- When It's One Sided. 

Basically just Number 4 all over again. 

Red Flag #9- When You Can't Be Honest With Them or Have Serious Discussions. 

Basically Number 3, but make it serious. You can tell she started running out of ideas last red flag, which is a big red flag for this video. 

She also puts on a fake whiney voice to dunk on "TikTok Relationship Goal" videos, again proving that she only knows of the world from what she sees on her phone. Hardly someone I would want to take SERIOUS LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FROM. 

Red Flag #10- There's No Plan to the Relationship.

She states that this is for "our" community- of "traditional women", who have the goal of FAMILY AND STABILITY*. 

She states that this is very important to her as she is a planner by nature. This is important because "some people need to be together and see each other more than others, but this needs to be agreed upon". Can you have a convo about the future?

**Because we all know FeMinIsIsTs and LibErAls hate the family and stability in general. This point turned into literal word salad and I could not follow along. 

This video was basically just "Common Sense 101". What would you expect from someone who's been married like 3 years and has never had any hardship thrown towards that relationship in any real way?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 8

Darn it, @kaluce, I got really excited when I saw she posted a new video! ? I too just finished a meeting (and there are slides available if we missed it ?).

Anyway, it looks like you summed up these points neatly! And... well. They weren't really anything new, were they? I feel as though what she says is essentially just talking for the sake of talking (or posting new videos, which she's totally not making money from, of course). Actually, it seems as though in her bullet point videos she repeats herself a lot and adds a few disclaimers each time to make the video longer. I wonder if she also slowed her speaking to lengthen the videos too... or maybe that's normal speaking rate and I'm just used to too much fast talking. ?‍♀️

I'm going to go ahead and call those Red Pill Women crazy. I can't imagine deferring to anyone, even if it was just one man! I imagine their ancestors are rolling over in their graves right now... being a 'submissive wife' is great and all, until that's actually enshrined in law and you have no choice.

• I Agree 6

12 hours ago, kaluce said:

Red Flag #1- When You Don't Respect Him. 

Examples are when you are with someone you don't look up to, or admire. When you don't trust his leadership. Etc etc

I can’t figure out which partner she’s addressing in this scenario. To her, is this a “woman needs to get better at respecting” problem, or a “man needs to become worth respecting” problem? Or a “only choose a man you already respect” piece of advice?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, kaluce said:

Red Flag #6- There's No Sexuality to your Relationship At All

Physical tension is good, and if it's not there it's bad.

Perimenopause and menopause may come as a surprise to her. Actually who am I kidding, being too exhausted after running around after small kids who were up at 3am vomiting but still had boundless energy from 5am onwards might surprise her. There are points when the sexuality is there, and points when you both just want to sleep. Or cuddle. Or watch Tiger King. 

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Perimenopause and menopause may come as a surprise to her. Actually who am I kidding, being too exhausted after running around after small kids who were up at 3am vomiting but still had boundless energy from 5am onwards might surprise her. There are points when the sexuality is there, and points when you both just want to sleep. Or cuddle. Or watch Tiger King. 

This is when I’m totally amazed by couples like Alyssa and Sam Morton. How are they not so completely exhausted? How do they find the energy to have sweet fellowship when they have newborns and toddlers?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Fun fact: Mrs. Midwest was recommended on the 'Feminine Not Feminist' ? and 'Red Pill Women' subreddits.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 1

13 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Fun fact: Mrs. Midwest was recommended on the 'Feminine Not Feminist' ? and 'Red Pill Women' subreddits.

She used to post on Red Pill Women when she had a reddit. 

i think she must have another one, as one of the things listed in her “things to do” list previously posted had “Get a reddit account!”  

i want to try and find it but ughhh those subreddits are full of awful 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is when I’m totally amazed by couples like Alyssa and Sam Morton. How are they not so completely exhausted? How do they find the energy to have sweet fellowship when they have newborns and toddlers?

I’ve wondered this, too. I think they’re so brainwashed into believing Sex. Must. Happen. That they talk themselves into it. “It’s not right for me to be selfish.” “It’s a good way to bond us!” and the like. (Those are things I’ve heard wives with young kids “admonish” those who are too tired for sex)

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’ve wondered this, too. I think they’re so brainwashed into believing Sex. Must. Happen. That they talk themselves into it. “It’s not right for me to be selfish.” “It’s a good way to bond us!” and the like. (Those are things I’ve heard wives with young kids “admonish” those who are too tired for sex)

I've also brainwashed myself into thinking this. And that is why my relationships tend to end after 2 months - I feel I'm becoming whoever I think the guy wants and losing myself, and then I freak out and break things off.

• Love 3

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How are they not so completely exhausted? How do they find the energy to have sweet fellowship when they have newborns and toddlers?

I feel like in these types of relationships, a lot of times the men don't do any housework or hard child rearing. Working a lot, yes, can be difficult, but I feel a bigger amount of responsibility falls on the women. The men will have more energy to initiate and the women will feel obligated to comply. 

• I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic