IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Dear Lord. I am Dutch, I cannot STAND her refering to her 'Dutch inheritance'. Girl please. We were the first country to legalise gay marriage. We do have a Biblebelt but we are very tolerant and open minded for the most part.

Perhaps , not for certain , but just possibly , she identifys with the history of the Dutch Afrikaners in South Africa .  {  https://www.litnet.co.za/predestination-evangelical-spirituality-neo-calvinism-south-africa/ , https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1985-01-19-8501040504-story.html , https://www.facinghistory.org/confronting-apartheid/chapter-2/introduction }  Yet , even what I have understood to be her church has officially condemned such Kinism .  { https://www.crcna.org/news-and-views/kinism-grievous-sin , https://network.crcna.org/racial-reconciliation/five-things-know-about-kinism } 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because I know lots of married feminists with kids. She’s insane if she thinks only feminists get divorced or have babies outside of marriage. From what I’ve seen, way more Christians get divorced. But I know way more Christians than atheists.

I've noticed this as well. Possibly because the nonreligious couples I know didn't marry the first person who gave them happy pants feelings.

• Upvote 10

BEC but: 

image.png.7177506cfaa98d3596d11fc66a37ee09.png

Smell on point? Lol wat

This has to be part of some kind of fetish. She needs to know dudes are getting off to her. 

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, kaluce said:

BEC but: 

Smell on point? Lol wat

This has to be part of some kind of fetish. She needs to know dudes are getting off to her. 

I dye my brows too. But I’m a brunette. I think she should dye them a shade lighter. It’s obvious her hair is naturally blonde, he skin is naturally fair, and her eyebrows are naturally light. A light haired person can have dark eyebrows naturally. But her skin is also fair and I think her brows are just a shade too dark. I don’t think her brows look terrible. Just not natural. And she seems to like a natural look with her makeup. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

Smell on point? Lol wat

At first glance it looked like an acrostic and I was thinking "What's B.L.E.H.S.?"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

At first glance it looked like an acrostic and I was thinking "What's B.L.E.H.S.?"

Maybe BLEHS as in "bless" lol

Example: Leave it to Mrs. Midwest to blehs Husblurgh and red-pillers alike with her complexion...? 

(I lowkey would love to have some Mrs. Midwest lingo for these threads, just as the JRod threads have vocabulary like "SEVERE")

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

All that photo says is Look at me.

LOOK at me.

LOOK at ME.

Please LOOK at MEEEE.

PLEEEEASE LOOK AT MEEEEEE.

PAY some ATTENTION to MEEEE.

FOR GOD"S SAKE SOMEONE PLEEEASE LOOK AT MEEEEEE.  PAY SOME ATTENTION TO MEEEEE. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

All that photo says is Look at me.

LOOK at me.

LOOK at ME.

Please LOOK at MEEEE.

PLEEEEASE LOOK AT MEEEEEE.

PAY some ATTENTION to MEEEE.

FOR GOD"S SAKE SOMEONE PLEEEASE LOOK AT MEEEEEE.  PAY SOME ATTENTION TO MEEEEE. 

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. 

I feel 'scent' would be more ladylike than 'smell', but that's just me, Miss Midwest.

It would also have made more sense if she filled that in with whatever perfume she's using, or soap on the off chance she's not wearing perfume... and I would be willing to bet she uses scented soaps.

But that's just me! :D

Signed,
Miss Midwest

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, kaluce said:

BEC but: 

Smell on point? Lol wat

yet she still looks down on 'career' women when she dresses up for her youtube job to get views, what's the difference? also saying career women is so weird since nobody says career men. 

yeah and the smell thing must be because she wants people to imagine her smell, the perfect red pill woman who always smells/looks good

• Upvote 5

i just thought the small things we bring up now about her and hUsBeAr will become big problems when/if they have children. Part of me hopes grant will change but i highly doubt it, the children will be caitlin's responsibility which sounds nice to some people but have you tried taking care of a couple of kids alone FOR YEARS. It is hard work since I have seen it in my family, in my family we had grandparents who helped out maybe caitlin has that not sure? since she doesn't talk to her mom. Grant seems so uniterested in her imagine how he would act with a child, children NEED their parents attention and love. ugh hope this turns out well not like how I think it will

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Thought I'd clarify my Mrs. MW "Look at me" comment.

I see that photo (actually all her photos) as a sad almost desperate plea for someone, anyone, somewhere, anywhere to pay attention to her because no one in her real life (husBear) does.

From everything we've seen he ignores her, seems annoyed by her, seems completely uninterested in her. only engages with his phone and the TV.

How lonely that must be for her. Thus her seeking validation/attention/likes from the interwebz.

I find her OTT about most things and slightly cracked on the idea that being a SAHW is soooooo counter cultural, but I do feel sorry for what I see as a very lonely woman.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

I kind of feel sorry for her too, but that goes away when she starts spouting how oppressed she is. I wonder if she's actually unhappy with her life, and instead of blaming her husbear for being a shitty partner (dude doesn't do jack shit around the house) and blaming her past choices (like breaking from her family), she blames LiBeRaLs and FeMiNiStS. 

If you peep her old twitter which is still up, all her photos are SO MUCH HAPPIER looking than what she's posting now. She has friends and smiles real big in a lot of photos. She had hobbies that she could STILL be doing as a housewife- theatre, art, rockclimbing. I wonder if husbear keeps her on a super tight leash. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

I have never seen her hang out with any friends of her own. If I see her with company, it is always Grant or Grant's family, not her own. A husband/partner who pulls you away from your own family and friends is usually a red flag. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Everyone - including Husband (I refuse to call him Husbear) - looks happier in older pics. I wonder if perhaps he wanted a 'career woman' with friends and a life of her own, and feels blind-sided by the lonely home-maker he ended up with? Orrrr he's brainwashed himself into feeling aggrieved by how 'Trump is being treated' and thinks the lib'rals are ruining the country, and that's what's behind his constant angry face.

Per one of the videos I, um, "reviewed", she connects throughout the day with other people... online. No mention of other friends or family, just that all couples need some time away from each other so she tries not to bother Husband throughout the day.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Everyone - including Husband (I refuse to call him Husbear)

I hate the word husbear too. So use what I use. Husbland. It’s accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I wonder if perhaps he wanted a 'career woman' with friends and a life of her own, and feels blind-sided by the lonely home-maker he ended up with? Orrrr he's brainwashed himself into feeling aggrieved by how 'Trump is being treated' and thinks the lib'rals are ruining the country, and that's what's behind his constant angry face.

I definitely don't think he wanted a career wife. I believe I remember her distinctly saying that they agreed she should be a homemaker. Whether or not he still wants that... I'm not so sure. 

I wonder what happened to all her friends in college, or if they were all the ones who unfollowed her when she started down the redpill blog path. 

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I definitely don't think he wanted a career wife. I believe I remember her distinctly saying that they agreed she should be a homemaker. Whether or not he still wants that... I'm not so sure. 

I wonder what happened to all her friends in college, or if they were all the ones who unfollowed her when she started down the redpill blog path. 

I doubt she ever had any long lasting close friends. I could be wrong, but I imagine her as a girl who spent all her time with her boyfriend and left little time for her friends.

ETA I have a cousin who never had many friends. She’s beautiful and always devoted her whole life to her boyfriend in high school and college. I always thought it was sad that she had so few friends of her own. She would always just hang out with her boyfriend and his friends. After she and the boyfriend would break up, he kept his friends and she had no one to hang out with. So she would jump into another relationship.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt she ever had any long lasting close friends. I could be wrong, but I imagine her as a girl who spent all her time with her boyfriend and left little time for her friends.

ETA I have a cousin who never had many friends. She’s beautiful and always devoted her whole life to her boyfriend in high school and college. I always thought it was sad that she had so few friends of her own. She would always just hang out with her boyfriend and his friends. After she and the boyfriend would break up, he kept his friends and she had no one to hang out with. So she would jump into another relationship.

This is an interesting point, because at least when I think about "feminine" women, I think of a woman who has strong female friendships. It'd be hard to be super feminine if you're not around that "energy" all of the time. 

If its true that she's not really a strong friendship type person, it's just another drop in the bucket towards her whole worth revolving around what men think of her. Which is honestly a pretty sad way to live. 

• Upvote 6

Has anyone talked about MM's TOTALLY at home beauty routine? I hope not, because I got bored and watched it! My thoughts below:

Mrs. Midwest's TOTALLY At-Home Beauty Routine video was inspired by meme's of women saying they might come out of quarantine looking 'a little rough' (cue pic of woman with unibrow, dark roots, tangled eyelashes, and what seems to be an outgrown manicure?) I'm pretty sure they were joking, Caitlin, and plenty of women know how to do basic maintenance at home. Anyway!

Spoiler

Caitlin doesn't go to any salons for anything, she does everything at home because she's a frugal housewife.

Hair. She trims it herself, and recommends you take off tiny amounts, don't cut bangs, don't do anything crazy. She then demonstrates how she cuts her hair.
-- Which is great for straight hair, but I have curly hair and I splurge for a special haircut once a year to keep in a shape. She has made me consider that perhaps I should do a haircut twice a year, though!
She recommends against bleaching your hair at home unless you've already been doing it and like how your hair looks.
-- I agree with this. My roots are showing, but there's no way I'm dying it myself... though I don't need bleach. But I really like the colour, and it's a mixture my stylist creates, soo... anyway, no one is seeing me in the near future, so!

Eyebrows/lashes. She tints them at home, which seems odd to me but I already have dark 'brows, so perhaps I just don't understand. Apparently you can do eyelash lifts? I had idea this was a thing... I hate things near my eyes, though, so I think I'll pass! I assume this is done to make the eyes look bigger?

Face. Once a week she uses a single-blade razor to remove all the dead skin on her face...? I... what? Um, anyway, it makes her skin feel plump and shiny. She uses a toner, moisturizer, and loves her jade roller. She recommends face massage by Olga.
Are using single blade razors on the face really a thing?!

Body skin. She uses toner on skin areas that get a little bumpy. And when summer is coming up she uses self-tanner. She likes to use a foot file in the shower, and after the shower, grapeseed oil. This all ties in to women being nurturing and nurturing ourselves.

Nails. She keeps her nails pretty short because she does a lot of chores, and does them once a week. She recommends putting a couple clear coats on top of the colour, and if you don't want polish, at least make sure they're buffed because ridged nails are gross.

General. Since beginning quarantine, she has begun calorie counting. She advises finding people to hold you accountable, and choosing healthy, nutritious foods.

She's seen a lot of positive outlook about COVID-19, but she wants everyone to know that it's okay to feel negative about this. And then she nearly cries when telling people it's okay to cry and to feel negative about this.
Oh, and you know we all serve a greally great god.

It's really a shame about that Twitter.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

8 hours ago, kaluce said:

You'd be surprised how many men say they want young, traditional, stay-at-home wives, only to resent them a few years down the line. Caitlin is right in that a SAHM absolutely provides value to a family, especially when children are young - without her, you'd have to hire a cook, nanny, scheduler, and so on. Not to mention how much energy goes into literally giving birth and nurturing another human being. Shit's exhausting. 

Some men don't see that, though. Because their wives aren't providing monetary value, their labor "doesn't count." They think the SAHM is "living off their dime." My own father would say this shit on my mother, and it shocked both myself and my siblings. My mother worked her ass off to be the best parent she could be. Her value was immeasurable. 

Without a doubt, Caitlin is lazy. She is currently on a very, very long spring break - no children or responsibilities besides making some meals and doing laundry (aka, what everyone else on Earth does). I don't doubt that Toesband - who is already seeped in RP ideology, which likens women to children - somewhat resents that she chills on pinterest all day while he works.

I have no idea whether having children will make their dynamic better or worse. On one hand, Caitlin will finally be responsible for something that actually matters. On the other hand, she might not have the support she needs to get through being a new mother - especially since her husband is cold af, and she doesn't seem to have her own "circle" - no friends or family members that are "just hers" in sight. 

I noticed something interesting on her blog a few days ago... no mention of her own mother at all, only her mother-in-law. Made me kind of sad. 

mother in law.JPG

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 4/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, kaluce said:

Smell on point? Lol wat

Let's hope it's not Vagina Candle smell on point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

@snarky_snark, bingo. The MRAs seem to boomerang back and forth between wanting SAHWs and thinking women who don’t bring home a paycheck are leeches. They commodify women based on their looks, but once the initial glow wears off, they resent being the sole breadwinner.

As I’ve said before, most of the cheating husbands I know have been married to the most conventionally attractive wives. One such gal I know was a knockout well into her 60s. She married at 19, and her husband, the father of her two kids, dumped her when she was 30 because she was “getting old.”

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

From her latest blog post: image.png.123f3c944ffe313b2a47a560a5a525c3.png

Public education is still happening- online and through other channels. Not every non-essential employee has lost their job. And I don't know of any place by me (I live in the largest city in my midwest state) that is experiencing  or is gearing up for "civl unrest". Sounds like she's been listening to a wee bit too much faux news and conspiracy theories. 

And then there's this gem: 
image.png.8327d6daf1e8e1119392b8cb2c858a47.png

Spoiler

frustrated kristen wiig GIF

So much for being open to other cultures and beliefs, Caitlin. Your arrogance, idiocy, and close-mindedness are showing. My non-Christian Gods give me plenty of comfort, and I never feel the need to proselytize like this train wreck of a blog was attempting to do through thinly veiled scare tactics.  

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic